|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Part 7 | Chapter 6, Part 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the secret police member leaves Yakov's cell, what does he leave behind with Yakov?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A consent form.
(c) A questionnaire.
(d) A confession form.
2. According to the boy's mother, what does Zhenia see when he looks in Yakov's apartment?
(a) Bottles of blood.
(b) Robes of a rabbi.
(c) Piles of money.
(d) A cache of weapons.
3. What offense does Proshko accuse Yakov of when he gives his statement to the secret police?
(a) Murdering Nikolai's assistant.
(b) Stealing from Nikolai.
(c) Helping the Jews.
(d) Smuggling drugs.
4. As Chapter 6, Part 5 begins, Yakov is thinking through all of the things he studied before he was incarcerated. What is he NOT thinking about?
5. In order to make Yakov appear like a Hasidic Jew, what does the Deputy Warden refuse to let Yakov do?
(c) Get a haircut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who advises Yakov to stay in the village and not venture on to Kiev?
2. What colors does Proshko say are the flames of the fire that Yakov is accused of setting?
3. To what group does Nikolai belong?
4. What is the name of the prisoner sent to talk to Yakov?
5. One month after his arrest, Yakov is taken from the original prison to another location with priests and secret police members in tow. Where is Yakov taken?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)