|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Part 3 | Chapter 6, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offense does Proshko accuse Yakov of when he gives his statement to the secret police?
(a) Smuggling drugs.
(b) Helping the Jews.
(c) Murdering Nikolai's assistant.
(d) Stealing from Nikolai.
2. While Yakov is being interrogated, two men arrive at the interrogation room and are invited inside. Who are these men?
(a) The colonel and the priest.
(b) The prosecutor and the colonel.
(c) The prosecutor and the warden.
(d) The warden and the priest.
3. As Yakov roams Kiev, what does he try to pick up from the people of Kiev?
(a) Their customs.
(b) Their language.
(c) Their possessions.
(d) Their priorities.
4. What does the crowd see when the people finally stop running?
(a) A murdered woman.
(b) A murdered child.
(c) A murdered dog.
(d) A murdered man.
5. Who does the local anti-Semite group accuse of committing the murder?
(a) A Jew.
(b) A Hindu.
(c) A Muslim.
(d) A Christian.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Yakov, what does he believe the boy saw in Yakov's apartment?
2. How much money does Nikolai offer to Yakov if Yakov will fix up an apartment that Nikolai owns?
3. Where does Yakov pretend to be from when confronted by the boatman?
4. How much money does the boatman offer to ferry Yakov across the river?
5. To what prison does the prosecutor send Yakov while Yakov is awaiting trials?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)