|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Part 1 | Chapter 5, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Yakov roams Kiev, what does he try to pick up from the people of Kiev?
(a) Their language.
(b) Their possessions.
(c) Their customs.
(d) Their priorities.
2. Where does Yakov pretend to be from when confronted by the boatman?
3. After fixing up the apartment, Nikolai offers Yakov another job. Where is the job located?
(a) At a brickyard.
(b) At a shipyard.
(c) At a factory.
(d) At a trainyard.
4. The boy's mother identifies Yakov as the man who chased her son. What does she say Yakov was chasing her son with?
(a) A brick.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A bat.
5. When Yakov happens upon an old injured Jewish man while returning from shopping, where does Yakov take the injured man?
(a) To the synagogue.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To Yakov's apartment.
(d) To the injured man's apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does the boatman offer to ferry Yakov across the river?
2. As the days passed, the Russian officials kept waiting for Yakov to start something. What are they waiting for?
3. Where does Yakov first find Nikolai?
4. When Nikolai offers Yakov another position after Yakov fixes up the apartment, what is the position that Nikolai offers to Yakov?
5. According to Proshko's testimony, how does Yakov set the fire he is accused of starting?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)