|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Part 1 | Chapter 5, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One month after his arrest, Yakov is taken from the original prison to another location with priests and secret police members in tow. Where is Yakov taken?
(a) To the synagogue.
(b) To the stables.
(c) To the factory.
(d) To his enemy's house.
2. What does the crowd see when the people finally stop running?
(a) A murdered woman.
(b) A murdered dog.
(c) A murdered man.
(d) A murdered child.
3. How does Yakov react to Kiev?
(a) He is horrified by the city.
(b) He is intrigued by the city.
(c) He is dismayed by the city.
(d) He is awed by the city.
4. When Yakov happens upon an old injured Jewish man while returning from shopping, where does Yakov take the injured man?
(a) To the injured man's apartment.
(b) To the synagogue.
(c) To Yakov's apartment.
(d) To the hospital.
5. Before the secret police member leaves Yakov's cell, what does he leave behind with Yakov?
(a) A consent form.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A confession form.
(d) A questionnaire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the prisoner who is arrested because he is holding a bunch of pamphlets?
2. What is the name of the secret police member who introduces himself to Yakov as the man in charge of the investigation?
3. Who does the local anti-Semite group accuse of committing the murder?
4. What offense does Proshko accuse Yakov of when he gives his statement to the secret police?
5. The boy's mother identifies Yakov as the man who chased her son. What does she say Yakov was chasing her son with?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)