|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Part 1 | Chapter 5, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language is Yakov speaking exclusively since leaving the shtetl?
2. Before the secret police member leaves Yakov's cell, what does he leave behind with Yakov?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A confession form.
(c) A questionnaire.
(d) A consent form.
3. According to the prosecutor's theory, why does Yakov kill Zhenia?
(a) For something to do.
(b) To prevent Zhenia from going to the authorities.
(c) To hide Yakov's true identity.
(d) For ritual purposes.
4. What colors does Proshko say are the flames of the fire that Yakov is accused of setting?
(a) Green and blue.
(b) Yellow and green.
(c) Blue and yellow.
(d) Yellow and red.
5. According to Proshko's testimony, how does Yakov set the fire he is accused of starting?
(b) Lighter fluid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the secret police member who introduces himself to Yakov as the man in charge of the investigation?
2. Before going to join the running crowd, what does Yakov do?
3. When the man in charge of the investigation denies Yakov's request for an attorney, what is Yakov told that he will need?
4. As the days passed, the Russian officials kept waiting for Yakov to start something. What are they waiting for?
5. How long does the boy's mother wait before she reports her son as missing?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)