|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Part 3 | Chapter 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does the boatman offer to ferry Yakov across the river?
(a) 1 ruble.
(b) 5 rubles.
(c) 7 rubles.
(d) 3 rubles.
2. Before going to join the running crowd, what does Yakov do?
(a) Clean his plate.
(b) Finish his prayer.
(c) Hide his money.
(d) Call for the guard.
3. What is the local anti-Semite group called?
(a) The Black Renegades.
(b) The Black Panthers.
(c) The Black Hundreds.
(d) The Black Knights.
4. Where does Yakov first find Nikolai?
(a) In an alley.
(b) In a snowbank.
(c) In a hotel.
(d) In a bar.
5. As Yakov roams Kiev, what does he try to pick up from the people of Kiev?
(a) Their priorities.
(b) Their language.
(c) Their customs.
(d) Their possessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Proshko's testimony, how does Yakov set the fire he is accused of starting?
2. What language is Yakov speaking exclusively since leaving the shtetl?
3. How much money does Nikolai offer to Yakov if Yakov will fix up an apartment that Nikolai owns?
4. One month after his arrest, Yakov is taken from the original prison to another location with priests and secret police members in tow. Where is Yakov taken?
5. Where does the running crowd finally stop?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)