|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Part 3 | Chapter 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the running crowd finally stop?
(a) At a church.
(b) At a burning house.
(c) At a cave.
(d) At a restaurant.
2. What is the sentence carried by the original charge that the man in charge of the investigation will bring against Yakov?
(a) One year in prison.
(b) Three years in prison.
(c) Three months in prison.
(d) One month in prison.
3. When Yakov happens upon an old injured Jewish man while returning from shopping, where does Yakov take the injured man?
(a) To the synagogue.
(b) To the injured man's apartment.
(c) To Yakov's apartment.
(d) To the hospital.
4. Before going to join the running crowd, what does Yakov do?
(a) Call for the guard.
(b) Clean his plate.
(c) Hide his money.
(d) Finish his prayer.
5. After fixing up the apartment, Nikolai offers Yakov another job. Where is the job located?
(a) At a trainyard.
(b) At a factory.
(c) At a brickyard.
(d) At a shipyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Nikolai offer to Yakov if Yakov will fix up an apartment that Nikolai owns?
2. As the story begins, where is Yakov Bok?
3. How does Yakov react to Kiev?
4. Before the secret police member leaves Yakov's cell, what does he leave behind with Yakov?
5. What language is Yakov speaking exclusively since leaving the shtetl?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)