|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Part 3 | Chapter 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After fixing up the apartment, Nikolai offers Yakov another job. Where is the job located?
(a) At a trainyard.
(b) At a factory.
(c) At a brickyard.
(d) At a shipyard.
2. When Nikolai offers Yakov another position after Yakov fixes up the apartment, what is the position that Nikolai offers to Yakov?
(a) A maintenance man.
(b) A foreman.
(c) A security guard.
(d) A bookkeeper.
3. How does Yakov react to Kiev?
(a) He is awed by the city.
(b) He is dismayed by the city.
(c) He is intrigued by the city.
(d) He is horrified by the city.
4. Before the secret police member leaves Yakov's cell, what does he leave behind with Yakov?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A confession form.
(c) A consent form.
(d) A questionnaire.
5. What does the crowd see when the people finally stop running?
(a) A murdered woman.
(b) A murdered dog.
(c) A murdered man.
(d) A murdered child.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does the boatman offer to ferry Yakov across the river?
2. Where does Yakov pretend to be from when confronted by the boatman?
3. What is the sentence carried by the original charge that the man in charge of the investigation will bring against Yakov?
4. What does Yakov decide not to reveal to the boatman?
5. What colors does Proshko say are the flames of the fire that Yakov is accused of setting?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)