|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Part 3 | Chapter 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Yakov happens upon an old injured Jewish man while returning from shopping, where does Yakov take the injured man?
(a) To Yakov's apartment.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To the synagogue.
(d) To the injured man's apartment.
2. As Yakov roams Kiev, what does he try to pick up from the people of Kiev?
(a) Their language.
(b) Their customs.
(c) Their priorities.
(d) Their possessions.
3. When the man in charge of the investigation denies Yakov's request for an attorney, what is Yakov told that he will need?
(a) The truth.
(b) A pen.
(c) A casket.
(d) A gun.
4. When Nikolai offers Yakov another position after Yakov fixes up the apartment, what is the position that Nikolai offers to Yakov?
(a) A bookkeeper.
(b) A maintenance man.
(c) A security guard.
(d) A foreman.
5. What is the original charge that the man in charge of the investigation will bring against Yakov?
(a) Child molestation.
(c) Lying under oath.
(d) Living in a non-Jewish neighborhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to what Proshko tells the secret police, what is Yakov responsible for?
2. What is the local anti-Semite group called?
3. How does Yakov react to Kiev?
4. Where does Yakov first find Nikolai?
5. According to Proshko's testimony, how does Yakov set the fire he is accused of starting?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)