|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Part 3 | Chapter 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Yakov happens upon an old injured Jewish man while returning from shopping, where does Yakov take the injured man?
(a) To the synagogue.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To Yakov's apartment.
(d) To the injured man's apartment.
2. Who does the local anti-Semite group accuse of committing the murder?
(a) A Jew.
(b) A Hindu.
(c) A Muslim.
(d) A Christian.
3. What is the name of the secret police member who introduces himself to Yakov as the man in charge of the investigation?
4. Where does Yakov pretend to be from when confronted by the boatman?
5. After fixing up the apartment, Nikolai offers Yakov another job. Where is the job located?
(a) At a trainyard.
(b) At a factory.
(c) At a brickyard.
(d) At a shipyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yakov decide not to reveal to the boatman?
2. What is the name of the prisoner who is arrested because he is holding a bunch of pamphlets?
3. Before the secret police member leaves Yakov's cell, what does he leave behind with Yakov?
4. According to what Proshko tells the secret police, what is Yakov responsible for?
5. Where does Yakov first find Nikolai?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)