|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does the boatman offer to ferry Yakov across the river?
(a) 3 rubles.
(b) 1 ruble.
(c) 7 rubles.
(d) 5 rubles.
2. Sitting in his cell, someone begins talking to Yakov through his cell door. Who begins to talk to Yakov?
3. What does the person speaking to Yakov through his cell door share with Yakov about the speaker's son?
(a) He has been tried.
(b) He has become a father.
(c) He has been married.
(d) He has been arrested.
4. Who begins to visit Yakov's cell in the middle of winter in order to obtain body samples?
(a) The colonel.
(b) The head guard.
(c) The deputy warden.
(d) The warden.
5. Yakov's visitor hands papers to Yakov during their visit. Who sends the papers with Yakov's visitor?
(a) The defense attorney.
(b) The warden.
(c) The rabbi.
(d) The prosecutor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a drunken guard accidentally leaves Yakov's cell door unlocked, Yakov ventures out and comes upon a hanged man. Who is the man?
2. Who does the person visiting Yakov sell beets to?
3. According to what Proshko tells the secret police, what is Yakov responsible for?
4. What language is Yakov speaking exclusively since leaving the shtetl?
5. At night, Yakov has dreams of Shmuel. In his dreams, where is Shmuel?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)