|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the warden brings Yakov a new indictment, what is Yakov being charged as?
(a) A ritual murderer.
(b) A Hasidic Jew.
(c) An embezzler.
(d) A child molester.
2. As Yakov reflects on his time with Raisl, what does Yakov remember convincing Raisl is okay?
(a) Missing evening prayers.
(b) Premarital sex.
(c) Skipping synagogue.
(d) Teasing the rabbi.
3. As Yakov runs around his cell screaming, who finally tells him to shut up?
(a) The warden.
(c) The deputy warden.
4. Before the secret police member leaves Yakov's cell, what does he leave behind with Yakov?
(a) A questionnaire.
(b) A consent form.
(c) A confession form.
(d) A Bible.
5. Who ends up being able to visit Yakov in prison because he or she sold beets to the right person?
Short Answer Questions
1. While sitting in his cell reflecting on his circumstances in Chapter 6, Part 9, how does Yakov feel about his fate?
2. To what prison does the prosecutor send Yakov while Yakov is awaiting trials?
3. Who discovers what Yakov is doing and confiscates his materials?
4. While the visitor and Yakov are together, what story do the two men argue about?
5. As Yakov roams Kiev, what does he try to pick up from the people of Kiev?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)