|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Yakov is being shown the officials' book, what do the officials point out in the book that resembles Yakov?
(a) An ear curl.
(b) A nose.
(c) A wizard.
(d) An earlobe.
2. When Bibikov comes to the prison to question Yakov, who does Bibikov believe is actually Yakov's greatest enemy?
(a) The prosecutor.
(b) The head guard.
(c) The colonel.
(d) The warden.
3. How long has Yakov's visitor in Chapter 8, Part 4 been begging to see him?
(a) Over nine months.
(b) Over six months.
(c) Over one year.
(d) Over three months.
4. What does the person speaking to Yakov through his cell door offer to Yakov?
5. While sitting in his cell reflecting on his circumstances, what does Yakov liken being Jewish to?
(a) A family.
(b) A blessing.
(c) A curse.
(d) A burden.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Yakov responds by pointing out something in the officials' book that he thinks resembles the prosecutor, how does the official respond?
2. Who does Yakov turn to for an explanation about the missing item?
3. When Bibikov comes to the prison to question Yakov, who does Bibikov believe is actually responsible for Zhenia's murder?
4. What does the person speaking to Yakov through his cell door share with Yakov about the speaker's son?
5. Who is the first person to bring firewood to Yakov's cell?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)