|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sitting in his cell, someone begins talking to Yakov through his cell door. Who begins to talk to Yakov?
2. In the new indictment brought to Yakov by the warden, what has been removed?
(a) The smuggling story.
(b) Marfa's rantings.
(c) Nikolai's statement.
(d) The molestation tale.
3. When the warden brings Yakov a new indictment, what is Yakov being charged as?
(a) A ritual murderer.
(b) A child molester.
(c) An embezzler.
(d) A Hasidic Jew.
4. After he begins blacking out, who does Yakov find himself thinking of often?
5. According to what Proshko tells the secret police, what is Yakov responsible for?
(a) Burning down the factory.
(b) Burning down the stables.
(c) Burning down the synagogue.
(d) Burning down his enemy's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raisl always beg Yakov to do?
2. Since he no longer is keeping track of the days, what does Yakov spend his time doing?
3. Who does Bibikov travel to see on Yakov's behalf in hopes of having Yakov's case dismissed?
4. In Yakov's visions, whom does he imagine himself having conversations with?
5. Who is the first person to bring firewood to Yakov's cell?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)