|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Yakov's behaviors in prison does the new indictment describe?
(a) His sleeping habits.
(b) His eating habits.
(c) His worship habits.
(d) His exercise habits.
2. Where does the person visiting Yakov encourage Yakov to look for salvation?
(a) The Old Testament.
(b) The Koran.
(c) The New Testament.
(d) The Torah.
3. Since he no longer is keeping track of the days, what does Yakov spend his time doing?
(a) Re-reading his Jewish dogma.
(b) Re-reading his New Testament pages.
(c) Re-reading his newspaper clippings.
(d) Re-reading his Old Testament pages.
4. What does the person speaking to Yakov through his cell door share with Yakov about the speaker's son?
(a) He has been arrested.
(b) He has become a father.
(c) He has been tried.
(d) He has been married.
5. According to the prosecutor's theory, why does Yakov kill Zhenia?
(a) For ritual purposes.
(b) To hide Yakov's true identity.
(c) To prevent Zhenia from going to the authorities.
(d) For something to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the prisoner who is arrested because he is holding a bunch of pamphlets?
2. When Yakov responds by pointing out something in the officials' book that he thinks resembles the prosecutor, how does the official respond?
3. What colors does Proshko say are the flames of the fire that Yakov is accused of setting?
4. As the days passed, the Russian officials kept waiting for Yakov to start something. What are they waiting for?
5. As Yakov reflects on his time with Raisl, how does he characterize their early life together?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)