|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Part 5 | Chapter 5, Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Yakov is being shown the officials' book, what do the officials point out in the book that resembles Yakov?
(a) A nose.
(b) An ear curl.
(c) An earlobe.
(d) A wizard.
2. Who does Bibikov travel to see on Yakov's behalf in hopes of having Yakov's case dismissed?
(a) The Minister of State.
(b) The Minister of Justice.
(c) The Minister of Law.
(d) The Minister of Defense.
3. When Bibikov comes to the prison to question Yakov, who does Bibikov believe is actually responsible for Zhenia's murder?
4. What is the name of the prisoner who is arrested because he is holding a bunch of pamphlets?
5. When Bibikov comes to the prison to question Yakov, who does Bibikov believe is actually Yakov's greatest enemy?
(a) The colonel.
(b) The prosecutor.
(c) The warden.
(d) The head guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the secret police member leaves Yakov's cell, what does he leave behind with Yakov?
2. While Yakov is being interrogated, two men arrive at the interrogation room and are invited inside. Who are these men?
3. What colors does Proshko say are the flames of the fire that Yakov is accused of setting?
4. According to the prosecutor's theory, why does Yakov kill Zhenia?
5. What language is Yakov speaking exclusively since leaving the shtetl?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)