|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the secret police member who introduces himself to Yakov as the man in charge of the investigation?
2. After he begins blacking out, what does Yakov find comfort in?
(a) The book of Job.
(b) The book of Hosea.
(c) The book of Psalms.
(d) The book of Proverbs.
3. Who is the first person to bring firewood to Yakov's cell?
(a) The colonel.
(b) The Minister of Justice.
(c) The warden.
(d) The deputy warden.
4. Back in his cell after the indictment farce in court, what does Yakov compare his scenario to?
(a) A bad talisman.
(b) A black horse.
(c) An evil curse.
5. When Yakov is taken back to prison, he is shown a book that some of the officials are developing. What is the book's topic?
(a) Jewish psychological games.
(b) Jewish physical characteristics.
(c) Jewish evil magic spells.
(d) Jewish prayers and customs.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Yakov runs around his cell screaming, who finally tells him to shut up?
2. What does Yakov's reading in Chapter 7, Part 3 do to his temperament?
3. Yakov begins thinking many evil thoughts after he stops keeping track of the days. Who does Yakov think evil thoughts about?
4. In order to make Yakov appear like a Hasidic Jew, what does the Deputy Warden refuse to let Yakov do?
5. Before the secret police member leaves Yakov's cell, what does he leave behind with Yakov?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)