|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since he no longer is keeping track of the days, what does Yakov spend his time doing?
(a) Re-reading his Old Testament pages.
(b) Re-reading his Jewish dogma.
(c) Re-reading his New Testament pages.
(d) Re-reading his newspaper clippings.
2. After he begins blacking out, who does Yakov find himself thinking of often?
3. While sitting in his cell reflecting on his circumstances in Chapter 6, Part 9, how does Yakov feel about his fate?
(a) His fate angers him.
(b) His fate excites him.
(c) His fate saddens him.
(d) His fate nauseates him.
4. Who begins to visit Yakov's cell in the middle of winter in order to obtain body samples?
(a) The head guard.
(b) The colonel.
(c) The warden.
(d) The deputy warden.
5. When the author describes the wind rushing through Yakov's cell, what does he liken the wind to?
(a) A rushing torrent.
(b) An evil bird.
(c) A cold finger.
(d) An evil curse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the original charge that the man in charge of the investigation will bring against Yakov?
2. Back in his cell after the indictment farce in court, what does Yakov compare his scenario to?
3. What does Yakov's reading in Chapter 7, Part 3 do to his temperament?
4. Who performs the total body and cavity searches that Yakov is subjected to?
5. To what prison does the prosecutor send Yakov while Yakov is awaiting trials?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)