|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Saturninus leave Rome?
(a) He was stripped of his Senate seat.
(b) He is hunting for Sulla.
(c) He was asked to lead troops to Gaul.
(d) He needed to warn Marius.
2. Why does Marius suggest a joint triumph?
(a) It will gain him more favor with the Senate.
(b) He wants to show respect to Caesar.
(c) He knows the people will see him as the true victor.
(d) does not care about triumphs.
3. Why does Marius send out raiding parties to neighboring cities to rape and pillage them?
(a) To attempt to track Jugurtha's movements.
(b) To attempt to engage an ally of Jugurtha in the war.
(c) To protect his men from outside attacks.
(d) To show the people that they mean business.
4. Why does Marius have his men repair roads and bridges when he arrives in Gaul?
(a) To show the people of Gaul that they can trust him.
(b) To get a better idea of the lay out of the land.
(c) To aid in the movement of his troops.
(d) To plant traps that will hold up the German soldiers.
5. Which of his skills does Marius find out are not very strong?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caepio feel about what happened to the gold?
2. Why does the Senate want to make Marius Ponitfex Maximus?
3. How does Marius plan on getting to Gaul?
4. Who does Sulla take with him on his adventure?
5. Which of the following characters beats a senator to death for ripping off his toga?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Caepio's end up finding men to fill their legions?
2. What is Marius's plan for ending the war in Africa for once and all?
3. What is Marius's argument to get more men to serve in the Roman legions?
4. What message does Marius tell Sulla to deliver to King Bocchus?
5. What does Marius's wish about the march reveal about his origins?
6. How does Caepio spend his time once he deals with the few barbarians left in the area?
7. Why is the idea of two separate Triumphs repellent and what does Marius suggest instead?
8. What new bill does Saturninus introduce and what are the repercussions of this introduction?
9. Who does Sulla return with and what does this person share with both he and Marius?
10. What do the senators believe will happen to Marius and whose behavior compounds this issue further?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)