|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Saturninus leave Rome?
(a) He needed to warn Marius.
(b) He was stripped of his Senate seat.
(c) He was asked to lead troops to Gaul.
(d) He is hunting for Sulla.
2. What information does Marius share with the crowd that makes everyone happy?
(a) He has prevented the coup.
(b) He will be the First Man in Rome.
(c) He has a new supply of grain which will be sold at low prices.
(d) He will renounce his dictatorship.
3. Why doesn't Caepio want to give up his command?
(a) Because he does not want to lose power.
(b) Because he found the gold.
(c) Because he plans on having his son married there.
(d) Because Mallius is a New Man.
4. What two things does Publius find in the cave?
(a) A cache of gold and a way into the fortress.
(b) Jugurtha's hideout and a ton of snails.
(c) A ton of snails and a cache of gold.
(d) A ton of snails and a way into the fortress.
5. Why does the senate begin to fear Marius?
(a) He is gaining too much wealth.
(b) He has too much respect and power among the people.
(c) He has threatened to oust all those that stood against him.
(d) He has spoken to Caepio.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Marius's army to defeat the entire Cimbri army?
2. What happens to Jugurtha?
3. Who sneaks in to kill the leaders of the coup?
4. What does Caepio do with all of the gold he finds?
5. How does Sulla expect Volux to prove that he is trustworthy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Caepio receives the orders that he must give up command to Mallius?
2. Why does King Bocchus become involved in the war in Africa?
3. What steps does Marius take which he hopes will help his case and how does the election turn out?
4. What message does Marius tell Sulla to deliver to King Bocchus?
5. What does Scaurus believe about the grain prices and what repercussions does this belief lead to?
6. What new bill does Saturninus introduce and what are the repercussions of this introduction?
7. What happens to Caepio when the German's defeat the divided army?
8. What kind of triumphal march does Marius want and why does he want this kind?
9. What does Marius's wish about the march reveal about his origins?
10. What happens when Marius and his army meet the Cimbri army and why is this the case?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)