|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which other character rushes back to Rome to tell a different version of the story than the one Caepio plans on telling?
(b) Metellus's son.
(d) Sextus Caesar.
2. What information does Marius share with the crowd that makes everyone happy?
(a) He will renounce his dictatorship.
(b) He has prevented the coup.
(c) He will be the First Man in Rome.
(d) He has a new supply of grain which will be sold at low prices.
3. What two things does Publius find in the cave?
(a) A ton of snails and a cache of gold.
(b) A ton of snails and a way into the fortress.
(c) A cache of gold and a way into the fortress.
(d) Jugurtha's hideout and a ton of snails.
4. What does Caepio do with all of the gold he finds?
(a) He puts it in a wagon and sends it toward Rome.
(b) He hides it in a cave.
(c) He places it in the middle of Gaul.
(d) He hides it from the men.
5. How successful is Caepio's plan for raising a new army?
(a) He ends up having to borrow men from those fighting in Africa.
(b) Because so many men have died he has a hard time using the method he chose.
(c) He never successfully finds enough men and loses his place in the consul.
(d) He is very successful and has no difficulties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the message the senate sends to Caepio tell him to do?
2. What does Marius believe will be of greater incentive to the head-count army?
3. What happens when Sulla goes to see King Bocchus and deliver Marius's message?
4. What does Saturninus decide to do when he decides that his change at election is futile?
5. How does Sulla expect Volux to prove that he is trustworthy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of triumphal march does Marius want and why does he want this kind?
2. What does Marius realize about the German's food supply?
3. What is Marius's plan for ending the war in Africa for once and all?
4. What steps does Marius take which he hopes will help his case and how does the election turn out?
5. How does Caepio spend his time once he deals with the few barbarians left in the area?
6. What realization does Caepio come to one day when he is fishing on the lake and what does he find?
7. What is happening to Gaius Caesar (elder) and what happens to his son?
8. What is Publius an expert on and what does he hope to do some day?
9. What does Marius's wish about the march reveal about his origins?
10. How do Caepio's end up finding men to fill their legions?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)