|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marius think Rome will think about his methods for gathering men for the army after the battle?
(a) He knows he left someone alive, so they will charge him with treason.
(b) He thinks they will still treat him poorly.
(c) He thinks they will respect his ideas more now.
(d) He believes they will repeal the law.
2. What does Caepio order his men to do to verify if there is gold and silver present?
(a) Dig deeper into the cave.
(b) Tear down the bridge.
(c) Burn the building.
(d) Drain the lake.
3. When does Sulla find out that the German Army plans to attack Italy?
(a) The next day.
(b) Next week.
(c) Next year.
(d) Next month.
4. What message does Marius send back to King Bocchus?
(a) Sulla needs be immediately taken to Jugurtha.
(b) He must deliver Jugurtha to get forgiveness.
(c) They are unwilling to negotiate.
(d) They declare war on King Bocchus.
5. Why does Publius head into a cave?
(a) He decides he needs to get away from the others for awhile.
(b) He smells the smell of snails.
(c) He wants to get out of the rain.
(d) He is ordered to explore it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sulla decide Jugurtha should be executed?
2. Who does Caepio believe should be in command of a united army?
3. What idea does Sulla propose to Marius?
4. What happens to the men who killed the leaders of the coup?
5. What does Caepio do with all of the gold he finds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What steps does Marius take which he hopes will help his case and how does the election turn out?
2. How does Caepio feel about the orders he was given to give up command of his army and what does he do in return?
3. What happens when Marius and his army meet the Cimbri army and why is this the case?
4. What is Publius an expert on and what does he hope to do some day?
5. Why does King Bocchus become involved in the war in Africa?
6. What do the senators believe will happen to Marius and whose behavior compounds this issue further?
7. What does Scaurus believe about the grain prices and what repercussions does this belief lead to?
8. What does Marius's wish about the march reveal about his origins?
9. Why is the idea of two separate Triumphs repellent and what does Marius suggest instead?
10. What has happened with the two kings who survived the battle in Africa?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)