|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is forced to admit the law forcing the Senators to take an oath is invalid?
2. What does Scaurus suspect has been happening in regard to the grain?
(a) The slaves are withholding much of the product.
(b) There has been price manipulation.
(c) The crops have been purposefully damaged.
(d) The products have been stolen by the Germans.
3. Which of his skills does Marius find out are not very strong?
4. What does Caepio do with all of the gold he finds?
(a) He hides it in a cave.
(b) He places it in the middle of Gaul.
(c) He hides it from the men.
(d) He puts it in a wagon and sends it toward Rome.
5. What does Marius think Rome will think about his methods for gathering men for the army after the battle?
(a) He knows he left someone alive, so they will charge him with treason.
(b) He thinks they will still treat him poorly.
(c) He believes they will repeal the law.
(d) He thinks they will respect his ideas more now.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Caepio decide to stay in Gaul for awhile?
2. How many times has Marius been elected consul?
3. How does Marius plan on getting to Gaul?
4. How does King Bocchus respond to giving Sulla Jugurtha?
5. Why does the senate begin to fear Marius?
Short Essay Questions
1. What path does Marius decide to take and why does he decide to take this path?
2. What happens when both Caepio and Mallius return to the senate to tell their side of the story and what is the senate's decision as to how to protect themselves?
3. What steps does Marius take which he hopes will help his case and how does the election turn out?
4. What is Marius's plan for ending the war in Africa for once and all?
5. What does Marius's wish about the march reveal about his origins?
6. What happens when Caepio receives the orders that he must give up command to Mallius?
7. What do the senators believe will happen to Marius and whose behavior compounds this issue further?
8. How does Caepio's methods for creating an army differ from Marius's?
9. What realization does Caepio come to one day when he is fishing on the lake and what does he find?
10. Who does Sulla return with and what does this person share with both he and Marius?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)