|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new controversial law does Marius want to pass?
(a) One that will make Sulla a consul.
(b) One that will free the slaves.
(c) One that will give him more power.
(d) One that will require him not to be re-elected each year.
2. What happens to the gold Caepio found?
(a) A Barbarian raiding part steals it.
(b) It makes it safely back to Rome.
(c) It is stolen by some of the men he kidnapped into the army.
(d) It falls into the water and cannot be retrieved.
3. Which of the following characters beats a senator to death for ripping off his toga?
4. What happens when Sulla goes to see King Bocchus and deliver Marius's message?
(a) Sulla is taken hostage.
(b) The king has fled and an advisor is left.
(c) The king has already been killed.
(d) Jugurtha is there not Bocchus.
5. When does Sulla find out that the German Army plans to attack Italy?
(a) Next year.
(b) Next month.
(c) Next week.
(d) The next day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marius believe will be of greater incentive to the head-count army?
2. What happens to the elder Gais Caesar in chapter six?
3. What allows Saturninus to cast the deciding vote in Marius's land bill?
4. Why does Marius believe it is necessary to take Jugurth's western fortress within the next month?
5. What position does Marius agree to support Saturninus for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Caepio spend his time once he deals with the few barbarians left in the area?
2. What happens to the gold that Caepio has sent on its way to a city near Rome and how does he react?
3. What does Marius realize about the German's food supply?
4. What is Marius's plan for ending the war in Africa for once and all?
5. What new bill does Saturninus introduce and what are the repercussions of this introduction?
6. What steps does Marius take which he hopes will help his case and how does the election turn out?
7. How does Sulla tell Volux he can prove his trustworthiness and what happens?
8. What is happening to Gaius Caesar (elder) and what happens to his son?
9. How does Caepio's methods for creating an army differ from Marius's?
10. How do Caepio's end up finding men to fill their legions?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)