|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the senate give complete dictator powers to?
2. What information does the prince who returns with Sulla share with Marius?
(a) The Germans are attacking the next day.
(b) Caepio stole the gold himself.
(c) There are spies in Maruis's army.
(d) There is a stash of silver in a nearby cave.
3. What happens when Sulla goes to see King Bocchus and deliver Marius's message?
(a) Sulla is taken hostage.
(b) The king has fled and an advisor is left.
(c) The king has already been killed.
(d) Jugurtha is there not Bocchus.
4. Why does Caepio decide to stay in Gaul for awhile?
(a) He wants to kill all of the Germans.
(b) He has not faced a battle yet.
(c) He likes being in control.
(d) He wants to find gold and silver.
5. Which other character rushes back to Rome to tell a different version of the story than the one Caepio plans on telling?
(b) Metellus's son.
(d) Sextus Caesar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Saturninus decide to do when he decides that his change at election is futile?
2. Where is Caepio when he thinks he sees gold and silver?
3. Which of the following characters is the newly elected consul?
4. Why does Marius believe it is necessary to take Jugurth's western fortress within the next month?
5. What does the Senate do to try and make Caepio comply with their orders?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Caepio's methods for creating an army differ from Marius's?
2. What has happened with the two kings who survived the battle in Africa?
3. What new bill does Saturninus introduce and what are the repercussions of this introduction?
4. What steps does Marius take which he hopes will help his case and how does the election turn out?
5. What happens when Caepio receives the orders that he must give up command to Mallius?
6. What is Publius an expert on and what does he hope to do some day?
7. What is Marius's plan for ending the war in Africa for once and all?
8. What is happening to Gaius Caesar (elder) and what happens to his son?
9. What does Scaurus believe about the grain prices and what repercussions does this belief lead to?
10. How does Caepio spend his time once he deals with the few barbarians left in the area?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)