|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the elder Gais Caesar in chapter six?
(a) He defends Marius.
(b) He dies.
(c) He becomes a senator.
(d) He is elected Consul.
2. Where is Caepio when he thinks he sees gold and silver?
(a) In a cave.
(b) Under a bridge.
(c) On a lake.
(d) Near a mountain.
3. What does Saturninus decide to do when he decides that his change at election is futile?
(a) He kills his friend, who is holding him back, Glaucia.
(b) He plans a coup.
(c) He murders Marius.
(d) He beats a senator to death.
4. Why does the Senate want to make Marius Ponitfex Maximus?
(a) They think it will make him more conservative.
(b) They are trying to give him more power.
(c) They believe he deserves the title.
(d) They want to honor him for his service.
5. Who is forced to admit the law forcing the Senators to take an oath is invalid?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marius imprison Saturninus?
2. What happens when Sulla goes to see King Bocchus and deliver Marius's message?
3. What is there a shortage of in Rome?
4. What happens to the men who killed the leaders of the coup?
5. What two things does Publius find in the cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Caepio's end up finding men to fill their legions?
2. What is Marius's plan for ending the war in Africa for once and all?
3. What new bill does Saturninus introduce and what are the repercussions of this introduction?
4. What does Marius's wish about the march reveal about his origins?
5. What does Marius realize about the German's food supply?
6. What is happening to Gaius Caesar (elder) and what happens to his son?
7. What kind of triumphal march does Marius want and why does he want this kind?
8. What happens to Caepio when the German's defeat the divided army?
9. How does Caepio feel about the orders he was given to give up command of his army and what does he do in return?
10. What happens when Marius and his army meet the Cimbri army and why is this the case?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)