|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did King Bocchus leave according to Volux?
(a) Because Jugurtha heard of Sulla's visit.
(b) Because he was warned Marius wanted him dead.
(c) Because he does not trust Sulla.
(d) Because he is searching for Jugurtha.
2. Who does Sulla take with him on his adventure?
(b) Quintus Sertorius.
3. Which of his skills does Marius find out are not very strong?
4. What does Caepio do about the final orders?
(a) He moves his own army north of Mallius's and waits there.
(b) He eventually combines the two armies.
(c) He moves his own army ahead of Mallius's to attack first.
(d) He moves his army back to Rome to complain.
5. Why does the Senate want to make Marius Ponitfex Maximus?
(a) They are trying to give him more power.
(b) They believe he deserves the title.
(c) They think it will make him more conservative.
(d) They want to honor him for his service.
Short Answer Questions
1. What oath does Saturninus make the senators take?
2. Why does Caepio decide to stay in Gaul for awhile?
3. Which of the following is not part of Caepio's punishment after he is convicted?
4. What information does Marius share with the crowd that makes everyone happy?
5. Why do Caepio and his son race back to Rome after the battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marius's wish about the march reveal about his origins?
2. What has happened with the two kings who survived the battle in Africa?
3. How does Caepio spend his time once he deals with the few barbarians left in the area?
4. What is happening to Gaius Caesar (elder) and what happens to his son?
5. What realization does Caepio come to one day when he is fishing on the lake and what does he find?
6. Who does Sulla return with and what does this person share with both he and Marius?
7. What happens when both Caepio and Mallius return to the senate to tell their side of the story and what is the senate's decision as to how to protect themselves?
8. Why does King Bocchus become involved in the war in Africa?
9. What is Marius's plan for ending the war in Africa for once and all?
10. How does Sulla tell Volux he can prove his trustworthiness and what happens?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)