|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Caesar (younger) and Aurelia choose to live in the insula?
(a) It is where her mother lives.
(b) They need to start their own life.
(c) They cannot afford a home of their own.
(d) They want to stay close to her brother.
2. Why does the senate begin to fear Marius?
(a) He has spoken to Caepio.
(b) He is gaining too much wealth.
(c) He has too much respect and power among the people.
(d) He has threatened to oust all those that stood against him.
3. Which of his skills does Marius find out are not very strong?
4. What comforts Caepio after the situation with the gold?
(a) That he will be able to find it again.
(b) That he has killed the Barbarians.
(c) That he still has all of the silver.
(d) That he was not killed himself.
5. Why does Marius believe it is necessary to take Jugurth's western fortress within the next month?
(a) His men will need additional supplies if it goes beyond that.
(b) He knows he will be recalled to Rome after that.
(c) It is located high on a cliff and will not be approachable later.
(d) Jugurtha will escape to a neighboring kingdom before the month is over.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Sulla find out that the German Army plans to attack Italy?
2. Which other character rushes back to Rome to tell a different version of the story than the one Caepio plans on telling?
3. What happens to Jugurtha?
4. What allows Saturninus to cast the deciding vote in Marius's land bill?
5. How does King Bocchus respond to giving Sulla Jugurtha?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Sulla return with and what does this person share with both he and Marius?
2. What happens when Caepio receives the orders that he must give up command to Mallius?
3. What does Scaurus believe about the grain prices and what repercussions does this belief lead to?
4. What has happened with the two kings who survived the battle in Africa?
5. What new bill does Saturninus introduce and what are the repercussions of this introduction?
6. What happens when Marius and his army meet the Cimbri army and why is this the case?
7. How does Sulla tell Volux he can prove his trustworthiness and what happens?
8. Why is the idea of two separate Triumphs repellent and what does Marius suggest instead?
9. What realization does Caepio come to one day when he is fishing on the lake and what does he find?
10. What happens to Caepio when the German's defeat the divided army?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)