|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Senate do for Marius in absentia?
(a) Make him a Senator.
(b) Name him Ponitfex Maximus.
(c) Enter his name into the consular election.
(d) Give him charage of Caepio's army.
2. Who does the senate give complete dictator powers to?
3. Who does Sulla take with him on his adventure?
(a) Quintus Sertorius.
4. Who tries to hold Caepio to some account even though he was not brought up on treason charges?
(a) His son-in-law, Drusus.
5. Why do Caesar (younger) and Aurelia choose to live in the insula?
(a) They need to start their own life.
(b) It is where her mother lives.
(c) They want to stay close to her brother.
(d) They cannot afford a home of their own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marius recognize as being important to a military man?
2. When does Sulla find out that the German Army plans to attack Italy?
3. What does Saturninus decide to do when he decides that his change at election is futile?
4. What information does the prince who returns with Sulla share with Marius?
5. What allows Saturninus to cast the deciding vote in Marius's land bill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the gold that Caepio has sent on its way to a city near Rome and how does he react?
2. What path does Marius decide to take and why does he decide to take this path?
3. What does Scaurus believe about the grain prices and what repercussions does this belief lead to?
4. What new bill does Saturninus introduce and what are the repercussions of this introduction?
5. What steps does Marius take which he hopes will help his case and how does the election turn out?
6. What is happening to Gaius Caesar (elder) and what happens to his son?
7. What happens to Caepio when the German's defeat the divided army?
8. What do the senators believe will happen to Marius and whose behavior compounds this issue further?
9. What has happened with the two kings who survived the battle in Africa?
10. What kind of triumphal march does Marius want and why does he want this kind?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)