|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is the newly elected consul?
2. Why do Caepio and his son race back to Rome after the battle?
(a) Because they want to tell their side of the story.
(b) Because they are trying to get reinforcements.
(c) Because the Germans are hunting them.
(d) Because Mallius has threatened them.
3. Who sneaks in to kill the leaders of the coup?
4. What is Mallius charged with?
(a) Going to Africa and bringing back Marius.
(b) Delivering messages from the senate.
(c) A role within Caepio's army.
(d) A head count army to head off the Germans.
5. What comforts Caepio after the situation with the gold?
(a) That he was not killed himself.
(b) That he will be able to find it again.
(c) That he has killed the Barbarians.
(d) That he still has all of the silver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marius believe it is necessary to take Jugurth's western fortress within the next month?
2. How long does it take Marius's army to defeat the entire Cimbri army?
3. What does Marius find when he captures the citadel?
4. Who does Caepio believe should be in command of a united army?
5. When Marius returns to Rome, what doe she immediately want to focus on?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)