|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caepio order his men to do to verify if there is gold and silver present?
(a) Tear down the bridge.
(b) Burn the building.
(c) Drain the lake.
(d) Dig deeper into the cave.
2. What idea does Sulla propose to Marius?
(a) He will work as a spy and infiltrate the Germans.
(b) He will go back to Rome to ensure Marius is re-elected consul.
(c) He will move to another area and start attacking the Germans.
(d) He will return to Rome to wait until the action starts.
3. What does Caepio do with all of the gold he finds?
(a) He places it in the middle of Gaul.
(b) He puts it in a wagon and sends it toward Rome.
(c) He hides it in a cave.
(d) He hides it from the men.
4. What does Saturninus decide to do when he decides that his change at election is futile?
(a) He plans a coup.
(b) He murders Marius.
(c) He kills his friend, who is holding him back, Glaucia.
(d) He beats a senator to death.
5. Who is forced to admit the law forcing the Senators to take an oath is invalid?
Short Answer Questions
1. What controversy does Saturninus hope to stir up in hopes it will get him re-elected?
2. Why does the senate begin to fear Marius?
3. What information does the prince who returns with Sulla share with Marius?
4. What position does Marius agree to support Saturninus for?
5. Which other character rushes back to Rome to tell a different version of the story than the one Caepio plans on telling?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the idea of two separate Triumphs repellent and what does Marius suggest instead?
2. What is Marius's plan for ending the war in Africa for once and all?
3. What is Publius an expert on and what does he hope to do some day?
4. What steps does Marius take which he hopes will help his case and how does the election turn out?
5. What is Marius's argument to get more men to serve in the Roman legions?
6. How does Caepio's methods for creating an army differ from Marius's?
7. What kind of triumphal march does Marius want and why does he want this kind?
8. What happens when Caepio receives the orders that he must give up command to Mallius?
9. How does Sulla tell Volux he can prove his trustworthiness and what happens?
10. What does Marius's wish about the march reveal about his origins?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)