|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Caepio being sent?
(a) To deal with the Germans.
(b) To take over the war in Africa.
(c) To the west to find new lands to conquer.
(d) To relieve Marius.
2. How does Sulla expect Volux to prove that he is trustworthy?
(a) Ride with him to Marius's camp.
(b) Ride at night with Sulla through Jugurtha's camp.
(c) Deliver King Bocchus immediately.
(d) Produce Jugurtha immediately.
3. What new controversial law does Marius want to pass?
(a) One that will make Sulla a consul.
(b) One that will free the slaves.
(c) One that will require him not to be re-elected each year.
(d) One that will give him more power.
4. What does Marius believe will be of greater incentive to the head-count army?
(a) Positions in the Senate.
(b) Land in Africa.
(c) Awards and medals.
(d) Additional funds.
5. Why does the senate begin to fear Marius?
(a) He has too much respect and power among the people.
(b) He has threatened to oust all those that stood against him.
(c) He has spoken to Caepio.
(d) He is gaining too much wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sets up Gais Caesar the younger to marry Aurelia?
2. What does Caepio order his men to do to verify if there is gold and silver present?
3. Who sneaks in to kill the leaders of the coup?
4. What controversy does Saturninus hope to stir up in hopes it will get him re-elected?
5. How has Sulla been able to learn how to speak German?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marius's wish about the march reveal about his origins?
2. What does Scaurus believe about the grain prices and what repercussions does this belief lead to?
3. What kind of triumphal march does Marius want and why does he want this kind?
4. What does Marius realize about the German's food supply?
5. What happens to Caepio when the German's defeat the divided army?
6. What is Publius an expert on and what does he hope to do some day?
7. Why does King Bocchus become involved in the war in Africa?
8. What has happened with the two kings who survived the battle in Africa?
9. What message does Marius tell Sulla to deliver to King Bocchus?
10. What is Marius's argument to get more men to serve in the Roman legions?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)