|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Saturninus leave Rome?
(a) He is hunting for Sulla.
(b) He needed to warn Marius.
(c) He was stripped of his Senate seat.
(d) He was asked to lead troops to Gaul.
2. Why doesn't Caepio want to give up his command?
(a) Because he does not want to lose power.
(b) Because he plans on having his son married there.
(c) Because he found the gold.
(d) Because Mallius is a New Man.
3. When Marius returns to Rome, what doe she immediately want to focus on?
(a) The triumphal march.
(b) The fate of Jugurtha.
(c) Re-election as consul.
(d) The banquet at the temple of Jupiter.
4. Which of the following characters is the newly elected consul?
5. Who tries to hold Caepio to some account even though he was not brought up on treason charges?
(b) His son-in-law, Drusus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marius send out raiding parties to neighboring cities to rape and pillage them?
2. What happens when Sulla goes to see King Bocchus and deliver Marius's message?
3. What happens to the gold Caepio found?
4. What happens to Jugurtha?
5. What two things does Publius find in the cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Marius's argument to get more men to serve in the Roman legions?
2. What message does Marius tell Sulla to deliver to King Bocchus?
3. What is Marius's plan for ending the war in Africa for once and all?
4. What do the senators believe will happen to Marius and whose behavior compounds this issue further?
5. What steps does Marius take which he hopes will help his case and how does the election turn out?
6. What has happened with the two kings who survived the battle in Africa?
7. How does Caepio spend his time once he deals with the few barbarians left in the area?
8. What does Scaurus believe about the grain prices and what repercussions does this belief lead to?
9. What happens when Caepio receives the orders that he must give up command to Mallius?
10. What is happening to Gaius Caesar (elder) and what happens to his son?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)