|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sulla expect Volux to prove that he is trustworthy?
(a) Produce Jugurtha immediately.
(b) Deliver King Bocchus immediately.
(c) Ride at night with Sulla through Jugurtha's camp.
(d) Ride with him to Marius's camp.
2. What two things does Publius find in the cave?
(a) A cache of gold and a way into the fortress.
(b) A ton of snails and a way into the fortress.
(c) Jugurtha's hideout and a ton of snails.
(d) A ton of snails and a cache of gold.
3. What does Caepio order his men to do to verify if there is gold and silver present?
(a) Burn the building.
(b) Tear down the bridge.
(c) Drain the lake.
(d) Dig deeper into the cave.
4. What position does Marius agree to support Saturninus for?
5. Where is Caepio being sent?
(a) To deal with the Germans.
(b) To take over the war in Africa.
(c) To the west to find new lands to conquer.
(d) To relieve Marius.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marius believe it is necessary to take Jugurth's western fortress within the next month?
2. What new controversial law does Marius want to pass?
3. How long does it take Publius to report his findings to Marius?
4. What happens when Sulla goes to see King Bocchus and deliver Marius's message?
5. Why does King Bocchus seek out Marius?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening to Gaius Caesar (elder) and what happens to his son?
2. What happens when Caepio receives the orders that he must give up command to Mallius?
3. What path does Marius decide to take and why does he decide to take this path?
4. What is Marius's plan for ending the war in Africa for once and all?
5. What is Publius an expert on and what does he hope to do some day?
6. What happens when both Caepio and Mallius return to the senate to tell their side of the story and what is the senate's decision as to how to protect themselves?
7. Who does Sulla return with and what does this person share with both he and Marius?
8. What happens when Marius and his army meet the Cimbri army and why is this the case?
9. What has happened with the two kings who survived the battle in Africa?
10. How do Caepio's end up finding men to fill their legions?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)