|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marius get his land?
(a) He claims land that he has captured from the Germans.
(b) Saturninus gets the law for those that fought to get land in Africa passed.
(c) His father-in-law has left him his land in his will.
(d) The Senate gives him land to reward him for all of his.
2. How successful is Caepio's plan for raising a new army?
(a) He is very successful and has no difficulties.
(b) Because so many men have died he has a hard time using the method he chose.
(c) He ends up having to borrow men from those fighting in Africa.
(d) He never successfully finds enough men and loses his place in the consul.
3. Who sneaks in to kill the leaders of the coup?
4. How does Caepio feel about what happened to the gold?
(a) He is suicidal.
(b) He is devastated.
(c) He is ashamed.
(d) He is relieved.
5. Who tries to hold Caepio to some account even though he was not brought up on treason charges?
(a) His son-in-law, Drusus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marius believe it is necessary to take Jugurth's western fortress within the next month?
2. What new controversial law does Marius want to pass?
3. Why does Publius head into a cave?
4. When does Sulla find out that the German Army plans to attack Italy?
5. Why does King Bocchus seek out Marius?
Short Essay Questions
1. What realization does Caepio come to one day when he is fishing on the lake and what does he find?
2. What does Scaurus believe about the grain prices and what repercussions does this belief lead to?
3. What message does Marius tell Sulla to deliver to King Bocchus?
4. How does Caepio spend his time once he deals with the few barbarians left in the area?
5. What is Marius's plan for ending the war in Africa for once and all?
6. How does Caepio's methods for creating an army differ from Marius's?
7. Why is the idea of two separate Triumphs repellent and what does Marius suggest instead?
8. What happens when Caepio receives the orders that he must give up command to Mallius?
9. What new bill does Saturninus introduce and what are the repercussions of this introduction?
10. What is happening to Gaius Caesar (elder) and what happens to his son?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)