|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which other character rushes back to Rome to tell a different version of the story than the one Caepio plans on telling?
(a) Metellus's son.
(b) Sextus Caesar.
2. Why does Marius ensure that his position is heavily fortified?
(a) He knows the Germans are particularly mean.
(b) He needs to spend some time training new troops.
(c) He wants to be ready.
(d) He believes they might have to be there awhile.
3. What does Marius find when he captures the citadel?
4. How long does it take Publius to report his findings to Marius?
(a) At least a month.
(b) A few minutes.
(c) A week or longer.
(d) Several days.
5. Who does the senate give complete dictator powers to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Caepio being sent?
2. What happens to the gold Caepio found?
3. How has Sulla been able to learn how to speak German?
4. Who is forced to admit the law forcing the Senators to take an oath is invalid?
5. How does Marius get his land?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Marius and his army meet the Cimbri army and why is this the case?
2. What do the senators believe will happen to Marius and whose behavior compounds this issue further?
3. What path does Marius decide to take and why does he decide to take this path?
4. What does Marius's wish about the march reveal about his origins?
5. What happens when both Caepio and Mallius return to the senate to tell their side of the story and what is the senate's decision as to how to protect themselves?
6. How does Sulla tell Volux he can prove his trustworthiness and what happens?
7. What does Scaurus believe about the grain prices and what repercussions does this belief lead to?
8. What is Marius's argument to get more men to serve in the Roman legions?
9. What happens when Caepio receives the orders that he must give up command to Mallius?
10. What is Marius's plan for ending the war in Africa for once and all?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)