|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mallius charged with?
(a) Delivering messages from the senate.
(b) A role within Caepio's army.
(c) Going to Africa and bringing back Marius.
(d) A head count army to head off the Germans.
2. How long does it take Marius's army to defeat the entire Cimbri army?
(a) One year.
(b) One day.
(c) One afternoon.
(d) One week.
3. Why does King Bocchus seek out Marius?
(a) He wants to tell him where Jugurtha is.
(b) He wants to surrender to him.
(c) He wants to attack him.
(d) He wants to form an ally with Rome.
4. Why do Caepio and his son race back to Rome after the battle?
(a) Because they want to tell their side of the story.
(b) Because they are trying to get reinforcements.
(c) Because Mallius has threatened them.
(d) Because the Germans are hunting them.
5. What information does Marius share with the crowd that makes everyone happy?
(a) He will be the First Man in Rome.
(b) He has a new supply of grain which will be sold at low prices.
(c) He will renounce his dictatorship.
(d) He has prevented the coup.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marius ensure that his position is heavily fortified?
2. What does Marius seem to seek out?
3. What oath does Saturninus make the senators take?
4. What happens to the men who killed the leaders of the coup?
5. What does Caepio do with all of the gold he finds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the idea of two separate Triumphs repellent and what does Marius suggest instead?
2. What has happened with the two kings who survived the battle in Africa?
3. What is happening to Gaius Caesar (elder) and what happens to his son?
4. How do Caepio's end up finding men to fill their legions?
5. How does Sulla tell Volux he can prove his trustworthiness and what happens?
6. What does Marius's wish about the march reveal about his origins?
7. How does Caepio spend his time once he deals with the few barbarians left in the area?
8. What happens to the gold that Caepio has sent on its way to a city near Rome and how does he react?
9. What kind of triumphal march does Marius want and why does he want this kind?
10. What does Scaurus believe about the grain prices and what repercussions does this belief lead to?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)