|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Marius agree to support Saturninus for?
2. Where is Caepio being sent?
(a) To deal with the Germans.
(b) To relieve Marius.
(c) To the west to find new lands to conquer.
(d) To take over the war in Africa.
3. How successful is Caepio's plan for raising a new army?
(a) He never successfully finds enough men and loses his place in the consul.
(b) He is very successful and has no difficulties.
(c) He ends up having to borrow men from those fighting in Africa.
(d) Because so many men have died he has a hard time using the method he chose.
4. How many times has Marius been elected consul?
5. When does Sulla find out that the German Army plans to attack Italy?
(a) Next week.
(b) The next day.
(c) Next year.
(d) Next month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mallius charged with?
2. What does Caepio do with all of the gold he finds?
3. What controversy does Saturninus hope to stir up in hopes it will get him re-elected?
4. Why does Caepio decide to stay in Gaul for awhile?
5. Why does Saturninus leave Rome?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Caepio spend his time once he deals with the few barbarians left in the area?
2. What happens when Caepio receives the orders that he must give up command to Mallius?
3. What new bill does Saturninus introduce and what are the repercussions of this introduction?
4. What is Publius an expert on and what does he hope to do some day?
5. What is Marius's argument to get more men to serve in the Roman legions?
6. What is Marius's plan for ending the war in Africa for once and all?
7. How does Sulla tell Volux he can prove his trustworthiness and what happens?
8. How does Caepio feel about the orders he was given to give up command of his army and what does he do in return?
9. What steps does Marius take which he hopes will help his case and how does the election turn out?
10. What does Marius realize about the German's food supply?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)