|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marius have constructed to help the army get into the fortress?
(b) A wall.
(c) A catapult.
(d) A ramp.
2. On what is Publius an expert?
(a) Military strategy.
(b) Cave exploration.
(c) African languages.
3. What does the message the senate sends to Caepio tell him to do?
(a) Head into Germany to prevent more from heading into Italy.
(b) Meet up with Mallius's army on the Rhodanus River.
(c) Immediately resign his command to Marius.
(d) Report back to Rome immediately.
4. What does Caepio order his men to do to verify if there is gold and silver present?
(a) Drain the lake.
(b) Dig deeper into the cave.
(c) Tear down the bridge.
(d) Burn the building.
5. What does Caepio do about the final orders?
(a) He eventually combines the two armies.
(b) He moves his own army north of Mallius's and waits there.
(c) He moves his army back to Rome to complain.
(d) He moves his own army ahead of Mallius's to attack first.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Caesar (younger) and Aurelia choose to live in the insula?
2. When does Sulla find out that the German Army plans to attack Italy?
3. How successful is Caepio's plan for raising a new army?
4. Why does Saturninus leave Rome?
5. What message does Marius send back to King Bocchus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening to Gaius Caesar (elder) and what happens to his son?
2. What does Scaurus believe about the grain prices and what repercussions does this belief lead to?
3. What does Marius's wish about the march reveal about his origins?
4. What happens when both Caepio and Mallius return to the senate to tell their side of the story and what is the senate's decision as to how to protect themselves?
5. Why does King Bocchus become involved in the war in Africa?
6. What happens to Caepio when the German's defeat the divided army?
7. What path does Marius decide to take and why does he decide to take this path?
8. How does Sulla tell Volux he can prove his trustworthiness and what happens?
9. How does Caepio spend his time once he deals with the few barbarians left in the area?
10. What message does Marius tell Sulla to deliver to King Bocchus?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)