|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Marius imprison Saturninus?
(a) Tarpeian rock.
(b) Senate Hall.
(c) In Africa.
(d) Temple of Jupiter.
2. What does Scaurus suspect has been happening in regard to the grain?
(a) The crops have been purposefully damaged.
(b) The slaves are withholding much of the product.
(c) There has been price manipulation.
(d) The products have been stolen by the Germans.
3. Why does Marius ensure that his position is heavily fortified?
(a) He needs to spend some time training new troops.
(b) He believes they might have to be there awhile.
(c) He wants to be ready.
(d) He knows the Germans are particularly mean.
4. What does Marius think Rome will think about his methods for gathering men for the army after the battle?
(a) He thinks they will still treat him poorly.
(b) He believes they will repeal the law.
(c) He thinks they will respect his ideas more now.
(d) He knows he left someone alive, so they will charge him with treason.
5. What does Marius believe will be of greater incentive to the head-count army?
(a) Land in Africa.
(b) Awards and medals.
(c) Positions in the Senate.
(d) Additional funds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did King Bocchus leave according to Volux?
2. Why does King Brocchus join the fight?
3. Why does Sulla make his proposal to Marius?
4. What oath does Saturninus make the senators take?
5. Why do Caesar (younger) and Aurelia choose to live in the insula?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when both Caepio and Mallius return to the senate to tell their side of the story and what is the senate's decision as to how to protect themselves?
2. What is Marius's plan for ending the war in Africa for once and all?
3. What has happened with the two kings who survived the battle in Africa?
4. What happens to the gold that Caepio has sent on its way to a city near Rome and how does he react?
5. How does Sulla tell Volux he can prove his trustworthiness and what happens?
6. How does Caepio feel about the orders he was given to give up command of his army and what does he do in return?
7. What does Marius realize about the German's food supply?
8. What do the senators believe will happen to Marius and whose behavior compounds this issue further?
9. What steps does Marius take which he hopes will help his case and how does the election turn out?
10. How does Caepio spend his time once he deals with the few barbarians left in the area?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)