|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Caepio decide to stay in Gaul for awhile?
(a) He likes being in control.
(b) He has not faced a battle yet.
(c) He wants to kill all of the Germans.
(d) He wants to find gold and silver.
2. Why does King Bocchus seek out Marius?
(a) He wants to attack him.
(b) He wants to surrender to him.
(c) He wants to form an ally with Rome.
(d) He wants to tell him where Jugurtha is.
3. When Marius returns to Rome, what doe she immediately want to focus on?
(a) Re-election as consul.
(b) The triumphal march.
(c) The banquet at the temple of Jupiter.
(d) The fate of Jugurtha.
4. How did Caepio's son survive the battle?
(a) He was not in the battle.
(b) His father made sure to protect him.
(c) He left the battle dishonorably.
(d) He was a brave warrior who was lucky to survive.
5. How does Sulla decide Jugurtha should be executed?
(a) By being shot.
(b) By being hung.
(c) By disembowelment.
(d) By being buried alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the gold Caepio found?
2. How long does it take Marius's army to defeat the entire Cimbri army?
3. What comforts Caepio after the situation with the gold?
4. Where is Caepio when he thinks he sees gold and silver?
5. What happens to the elder Gais Caesar in chapter six?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Publius an expert on and what does he hope to do some day?
2. What is Marius's argument to get more men to serve in the Roman legions?
3. Why is the idea of two separate Triumphs repellent and what does Marius suggest instead?
4. What message does Marius tell Sulla to deliver to King Bocchus?
5. What do the senators believe will happen to Marius and whose behavior compounds this issue further?
6. What happens when Caepio receives the orders that he must give up command to Mallius?
7. How does Caepio feel about the orders he was given to give up command of his army and what does he do in return?
8. What realization does Caepio come to one day when he is fishing on the lake and what does he find?
9. What is Marius's plan for ending the war in Africa for once and all?
10. What happens when both Caepio and Mallius return to the senate to tell their side of the story and what is the senate's decision as to how to protect themselves?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)