|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Saturninus leave Rome?
(a) He was asked to lead troops to Gaul.
(b) He was stripped of his Senate seat.
(c) He is hunting for Sulla.
(d) He needed to warn Marius.
2. Why does Marius have his men repair roads and bridges when he arrives in Gaul?
(a) To plant traps that will hold up the German soldiers.
(b) To aid in the movement of his troops.
(c) To show the people of Gaul that they can trust him.
(d) To get a better idea of the lay out of the land.
3. How does Sulla expect Volux to prove that he is trustworthy?
(a) Produce Jugurtha immediately.
(b) Ride with him to Marius's camp.
(c) Ride at night with Sulla through Jugurtha's camp.
(d) Deliver King Bocchus immediately.
4. Why does the Senate want to make Marius Ponitfex Maximus?
(a) They believe he deserves the title.
(b) They think it will make him more conservative.
(c) They are trying to give him more power.
(d) They want to honor him for his service.
5. What does the message the senate sends to Caepio tell him to do?
(a) Head into Germany to prevent more from heading into Italy.
(b) Immediately resign his command to Marius.
(c) Report back to Rome immediately.
(d) Meet up with Mallius's army on the Rhodanus River.
6. What does Marius believe will be of greater incentive to the head-count army?
(a) Positions in the Senate.
(b) Additional funds.
(c) Awards and medals.
(d) Land in Africa.
7. Why does the senate begin to fear Marius?
(a) He has threatened to oust all those that stood against him.
(b) He has too much respect and power among the people.
(c) He is gaining too much wealth.
(d) He has spoken to Caepio.
8. How long does it take Marius's army to defeat the entire Cimbri army?
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(c) One year.
(d) One afternoon.
9. Which of the following characters is the newly elected consul?
10. Who does Sulla take with him on his adventure?
(a) Quintus Sertorius.
11. How does Caepio feel about what happened to the gold?
(a) He is suicidal.
(b) He is devastated.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is ashamed.
12. Which of the following is not part of Caepio's punishment after he is convicted?
(a) Stripping of his Roman citizenship.
(b) Exile from Rome.
(c) 15,000 talents penalty.
13. What is Mallius charged with?
(a) A head count army to head off the Germans.
(b) A role within Caepio's army.
(c) Delivering messages from the senate.
(d) Going to Africa and bringing back Marius.
14. How has Sulla been able to learn how to speak German?
(a) From Julilla.
(b) From his years in school.
(c) From Marius.
(d) From two captured slaves.
15. What does Marius seem to seek out?
(a) Support and acceptance.
(b) Warmth and a place in higher society.
(c) Money and treasure.
(d) Fame and distinction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Drusus write to Caepio?
2. What comforts Caepio after the situation with the gold?
3. Why does King Bocchus seek out Marius?
4. What information does Marius share with the crowd that makes everyone happy?
5. How successful is Caepio's plan for raising a new army?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)