|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Caepio decide to stay in Gaul for awhile?
(a) He likes being in control.
(b) He has not faced a battle yet.
(c) He wants to kill all of the Germans.
(d) He wants to find gold and silver.
2. Which of his skills does Marius find out are not very strong?
3. How successful is Caepio's plan for raising a new army?
(a) Because so many men have died he has a hard time using the method he chose.
(b) He ends up having to borrow men from those fighting in Africa.
(c) He never successfully finds enough men and loses his place in the consul.
(d) He is very successful and has no difficulties.
4. How does Marius plan on getting to Gaul?
(a) He is taking a northern route.
(b) He is taking the water route.
(c) He is going through the Alps.
(d) He is taking a back way through the woods.
5. What new controversial law does Marius want to pass?
(a) One that will free the slaves.
(b) One that will require him not to be re-elected each year.
(c) One that will make Sulla a consul.
(d) One that will give him more power.
6. What happens to Jugurtha?
(a) He is never captured.
(b) Marius captures him.
(c) Bocchus captures him.
(d) Sulla captures him.
7. Who does Caepio believe should be in command of a united army?
8. What does Sulla suspect the Germans will do before they begin the invasion?
(a) Move their encampments across the bridges.
(b) Come together to plan strategy.
(c) Disperse to collect food.
(d) Divide up into different factions that will move to different parts of the country.
9. What information does the prince who returns with Sulla share with Marius?
(a) There is a stash of silver in a nearby cave.
(b) There are spies in Maruis's army.
(c) Caepio stole the gold himself.
(d) The Germans are attacking the next day.
10. How does Caepio plan on raising his army?
(a) Using Marius's new way.
(b) Using the old-fashioned way.
(c) By kidnapping men and forcing them to fight.
(d) By adopting a new strategy unique to him.
11. How many times has Marius been elected consul?
12. Who tries to hold Caepio to some account even though he was not brought up on treason charges?
(a) His son-in-law, Drusus.
13. On what is Publius an expert?
(b) Military strategy.
(c) Cave exploration.
(d) African languages.
14. Who does Sulla take with him on his adventure?
(d) Quintus Sertorius.
15. How does Sulla expect Volux to prove that he is trustworthy?
(a) Deliver King Bocchus immediately.
(b) Ride at night with Sulla through Jugurtha's camp.
(c) Ride with him to Marius's camp.
(d) Produce Jugurtha immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Marius returns to Rome, what doe she immediately want to focus on?
2. What two things does Publius find in the cave?
3. Which other character rushes back to Rome to tell a different version of the story than the one Caepio plans on telling?
4. Why do Caesar (younger) and Aurelia choose to live in the insula?
5. What oath does Saturninus make the senators take?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)