|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Senate want to make Marius Ponitfex Maximus?
(a) They think it will make him more conservative.
(b) They believe he deserves the title.
(c) They want to honor him for his service.
(d) They are trying to give him more power.
2. What idea does Sulla propose to Marius?
(a) He will go back to Rome to ensure Marius is re-elected consul.
(b) He will move to another area and start attacking the Germans.
(c) He will work as a spy and infiltrate the Germans.
(d) He will return to Rome to wait until the action starts.
3. What does the Senate do for Marius in absentia?
(a) Name him Ponitfex Maximus.
(b) Enter his name into the consular election.
(c) Give him charage of Caepio's army.
(d) Make him a Senator.
4. Why does Saturninus leave Rome?
(a) He needed to warn Marius.
(b) He was asked to lead troops to Gaul.
(c) He is hunting for Sulla.
(d) He was stripped of his Senate seat.
5. When does Sulla find out that the German Army plans to attack Italy?
(a) The next day.
(b) Next week.
(c) Next month.
(d) Next year.
6. How successful is Caepio's plan for raising a new army?
(a) He is very successful and has no difficulties.
(b) Because so many men have died he has a hard time using the method he chose.
(c) He never successfully finds enough men and loses his place in the consul.
(d) He ends up having to borrow men from those fighting in Africa.
7. How does Marius plan on getting to Gaul?
(a) He is taking a northern route.
(b) He is taking a back way through the woods.
(c) He is going through the Alps.
(d) He is taking the water route.
8. Which of the following is not part of Caepio's punishment after he is convicted?
(a) 15,000 talents penalty.
(c) Exile from Rome.
(d) Stripping of his Roman citizenship.
9. What does the Senate do to try and make Caepio comply with their orders?
(a) They send a small group of armed men to force the issue.
(b) They send an assassin to take out Caepio.
(c) They send six senators to make sure the command is followed.
(d) They send a spy who will report only to them.
10. What does Marius have constructed to help the army get into the fortress?
(a) A catapult.
(c) A wall.
(d) A ramp.
11. Which of his skills does Marius find out are not very strong?
12. Where does Marius imprison Saturninus?
(a) Tarpeian rock.
(b) In Africa.
(c) Temple of Jupiter.
(d) Senate Hall.
13. What oath does Saturninus make the senators take?
(a) One to make elections further apart.
(b) One to make Saturninus a senator.
(c) One to make terms for Tribune's longer.
(d) One to uphold the law regardless of what it is.
14. Who sneaks in to kill the leaders of the coup?
15. Why doesn't Caepio want to give up his command?
(a) Because he found the gold.
(b) Because he plans on having his son married there.
(c) Because he does not want to lose power.
(d) Because Mallius is a New Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caepio do with all of the gold he finds?
2. What comforts Caepio after the situation with the gold?
3. What happens to Jugurtha?
4. What does Marius think Rome will think about his methods for gathering men for the army after the battle?
5. What does Caepio do about the final orders?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)