|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scaurus suspect has been happening in regard to the grain?
(a) The crops have been purposefully damaged.
(b) There has been price manipulation.
(c) The slaves are withholding much of the product.
(d) The products have been stolen by the Germans.
2. Why does the Senate want to make Marius Ponitfex Maximus?
(a) They want to honor him for his service.
(b) They think it will make him more conservative.
(c) They believe he deserves the title.
(d) They are trying to give him more power.
3. When Marius returns to Rome, what doe she immediately want to focus on?
(a) The fate of Jugurtha.
(b) Re-election as consul.
(c) The banquet at the temple of Jupiter.
(d) The triumphal march.
4. On what is Publius an expert?
(a) Cave exploration.
(c) Military strategy.
(d) African languages.
5. What does Marius have constructed to help the army get into the fortress?
(b) A catapult.
(c) A wall.
(d) A ramp.
6. How long does it take Marius's army to defeat the entire Cimbri army?
(a) One week.
(b) One afternoon.
(c) One year.
(d) One day.
7. What information does Marius share with the crowd that makes everyone happy?
(a) He will be the First Man in Rome.
(b) He will renounce his dictatorship.
(c) He has a new supply of grain which will be sold at low prices.
(d) He has prevented the coup.
8. Which other character rushes back to Rome to tell a different version of the story than the one Caepio plans on telling?
(b) Sextus Caesar.
(c) Metellus's son.
9. Why does Marius ensure that his position is heavily fortified?
(a) He believes they might have to be there awhile.
(b) He needs to spend some time training new troops.
(c) He knows the Germans are particularly mean.
(d) He wants to be ready.
10. Who sets up Gais Caesar the younger to marry Aurelia?
11. Why does Publius head into a cave?
(a) He wants to get out of the rain.
(b) He decides he needs to get away from the others for awhile.
(c) He smells the smell of snails.
(d) He is ordered to explore it.
12. What happens to the gold Caepio found?
(a) It is stolen by some of the men he kidnapped into the army.
(b) A Barbarian raiding part steals it.
(c) It falls into the water and cannot be retrieved.
(d) It makes it safely back to Rome.
13. What does the Senate do to try and make Caepio comply with their orders?
(a) They send a small group of armed men to force the issue.
(b) They send an assassin to take out Caepio.
(c) They send a spy who will report only to them.
(d) They send six senators to make sure the command is followed.
14. How does King Bocchus respond to giving Sulla Jugurtha?
(a) He takes Sulla hostage and gives him to Jugurtha.
(b) He is not happy and does not want to.
(c) He claims that he does not know where Jugurtha is hiding.
(d) He says that he will not sell out his friends.
15. Why does Drusus write to Caepio?
(a) He wants to protect him from the Germans.
(b) He wants his son to marry Caepio's daughter.
(c) He wants to negotiate terms with him.
(d) He wants his daughter to marry Caepio's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the senate give complete dictator powers to?
2. Why do Caepio and his son race back to Rome after the battle?
3. What controversy does Saturninus hope to stir up in hopes it will get him re-elected?
4. How does Marius get his land?
5. How long does it take Publius to report his findings to Marius?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)