|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the gold Caepio found?
(a) It falls into the water and cannot be retrieved.
(b) A Barbarian raiding part steals it.
(c) It makes it safely back to Rome.
(d) It is stolen by some of the men he kidnapped into the army.
2. Who does the senate give complete dictator powers to?
3. Why does the Senate want to make Marius Ponitfex Maximus?
(a) They want to honor him for his service.
(b) They believe he deserves the title.
(c) They are trying to give him more power.
(d) They think it will make him more conservative.
4. What does Marius recognize as being important to a military man?
(a) Good men.
5. Why do Caepio and his son race back to Rome after the battle?
(a) Because Mallius has threatened them.
(b) Because the Germans are hunting them.
(c) Because they are trying to get reinforcements.
(d) Because they want to tell their side of the story.
6. Why doesn't Caepio want to give up his command?
(a) Because Mallius is a New Man.
(b) Because he does not want to lose power.
(c) Because he plans on having his son married there.
(d) Because he found the gold.
7. What does the message the senate sends to Caepio tell him to do?
(a) Head into Germany to prevent more from heading into Italy.
(b) Meet up with Mallius's army on the Rhodanus River.
(c) Immediately resign his command to Marius.
(d) Report back to Rome immediately.
8. What happens to Jugurtha?
(a) Marius captures him.
(b) Bocchus captures him.
(c) Sulla captures him.
(d) He is never captured.
9. What new controversial law does Marius want to pass?
(a) One that will give him more power.
(b) One that will free the slaves.
(c) One that will require him not to be re-elected each year.
(d) One that will make Sulla a consul.
10. What does Marius believe will be of greater incentive to the head-count army?
(a) Land in Africa.
(b) Positions in the Senate.
(c) Awards and medals.
(d) Additional funds.
11. What does the Senate do for Marius in absentia?
(a) Make him a Senator.
(b) Give him charage of Caepio's army.
(c) Name him Ponitfex Maximus.
(d) Enter his name into the consular election.
12. How many times has Marius been elected consul?
13. What happens when Sulla goes to see King Bocchus and deliver Marius's message?
(a) The king has already been killed.
(b) Jugurtha is there not Bocchus.
(c) Sulla is taken hostage.
(d) The king has fled and an advisor is left.
14. Why did King Bocchus leave according to Volux?
(a) Because he is searching for Jugurtha.
(b) Because he was warned Marius wanted him dead.
(c) Because Jugurtha heard of Sulla's visit.
(d) Because he does not trust Sulla.
15. Which of the following characters beats a senator to death for ripping off his toga?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marius imprison Saturninus?
2. Why does King Brocchus join the fight?
3. Why does Saturninus leave Rome?
4. What does Saturninus decide to do when he decides that his change at election is futile?
5. Why does Sulla make his proposal to Marius?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)