|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Caesar (younger) and Aurelia choose to live in the insula?
(a) They need to start their own life.
(b) They cannot afford a home of their own.
(c) They want to stay close to her brother.
(d) It is where her mother lives.
2. When does Sulla find out that the German Army plans to attack Italy?
(a) Next month.
(b) Next week.
(c) Next year.
(d) The next day.
3. How long does it take Marius's army to defeat the entire Cimbri army?
(a) One year.
(b) One afternoon.
(c) One week.
(d) One day.
4. How does Sulla expect Volux to prove that he is trustworthy?
(a) Deliver King Bocchus immediately.
(b) Produce Jugurtha immediately.
(c) Ride at night with Sulla through Jugurtha's camp.
(d) Ride with him to Marius's camp.
5. What does Scaurus suspect has been happening in regard to the grain?
(a) The products have been stolen by the Germans.
(b) The slaves are withholding much of the product.
(c) There has been price manipulation.
(d) The crops have been purposefully damaged.
6. Who tries to hold Caepio to some account even though he was not brought up on treason charges?
(d) His son-in-law, Drusus.
7. Who sets up Gais Caesar the younger to marry Aurelia?
8. What controversy does Saturninus hope to stir up in hopes it will get him re-elected?
(a) That Marius is no longer capable of being consul.
(b) That the Senate is withholding grain.
(c) That Glaucia is not a traitor.
(d) That senators do not uphold laws passed.
9. How does Marius get his land?
(a) Saturninus gets the law for those that fought to get land in Africa passed.
(b) He claims land that he has captured from the Germans.
(c) The Senate gives him land to reward him for all of his.
(d) His father-in-law has left him his land in his will.
10. What does Caepio do with all of the gold he finds?
(a) He puts it in a wagon and sends it toward Rome.
(b) He hides it in a cave.
(c) He places it in the middle of Gaul.
(d) He hides it from the men.
11. How many times has Marius been elected consul?
12. Why does Sulla make his proposal to Marius?
(a) He craves excitement.
(b) He wants to earn more awards.
(c) He needs to practice his skills.
(d) He wants to learn German.
13. What is Mallius charged with?
(a) Delivering messages from the senate.
(b) A role within Caepio's army.
(c) Going to Africa and bringing back Marius.
(d) A head count army to head off the Germans.
14. What does Marius think Rome will think about his methods for gathering men for the army after the battle?
(a) He knows he left someone alive, so they will charge him with treason.
(b) He believes they will repeal the law.
(c) He thinks they will still treat him poorly.
(d) He thinks they will respect his ideas more now.
15. Why does Caepio decide to stay in Gaul for awhile?
(a) He wants to kill all of the Germans.
(b) He has not faced a battle yet.
(c) He wants to find gold and silver.
(d) He likes being in control.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the message the senate sends to Caepio tell him to do?
2. What happens when Sulla goes to see King Bocchus and deliver Marius's message?
3. What does Marius find when he captures the citadel?
4. How does King Bocchus respond to giving Sulla Jugurtha?
5. Why does Drusus write to Caepio?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)