|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marius have constructed to help the army get into the fortress?
(b) A ramp.
(c) A catapult.
(d) A wall.
2. When does Sulla find out that the German Army plans to attack Italy?
(a) Next year.
(b) Next week.
(c) Next month.
(d) The next day.
3. Why does Saturninus leave Rome?
(a) He needed to warn Marius.
(b) He was asked to lead troops to Gaul.
(c) He was stripped of his Senate seat.
(d) He is hunting for Sulla.
4. What does Saturninus decide to do when he decides that his change at election is futile?
(a) He beats a senator to death.
(b) He kills his friend, who is holding him back, Glaucia.
(c) He murders Marius.
(d) He plans a coup.
5. Why does Marius suggest a joint triumph?
(a) does not care about triumphs.
(b) It will gain him more favor with the Senate.
(c) He knows the people will see him as the true victor.
(d) He wants to show respect to Caesar.
6. Who tries to hold Caepio to some account even though he was not brought up on treason charges?
(a) His son-in-law, Drusus.
7. What two things does Publius find in the cave?
(a) A cache of gold and a way into the fortress.
(b) A ton of snails and a cache of gold.
(c) Jugurtha's hideout and a ton of snails.
(d) A ton of snails and a way into the fortress.
8. Where does Marius imprison Saturninus?
(a) Temple of Jupiter.
(b) Tarpeian rock.
(c) In Africa.
(d) Senate Hall.
9. When Marius returns to Rome, what doe she immediately want to focus on?
(a) The triumphal march.
(b) The fate of Jugurtha.
(c) The banquet at the temple of Jupiter.
(d) Re-election as consul.
10. How successful is Caepio's plan for raising a new army?
(a) He ends up having to borrow men from those fighting in Africa.
(b) He is very successful and has no difficulties.
(c) Because so many men have died he has a hard time using the method he chose.
(d) He never successfully finds enough men and loses his place in the consul.
11. Which of his skills does Marius find out are not very strong?
12. What happens when Sulla goes to see King Bocchus and deliver Marius's message?
(a) The king has fled and an advisor is left.
(b) Jugurtha is there not Bocchus.
(c) The king has already been killed.
(d) Sulla is taken hostage.
13. Which of the following characters beats a senator to death for ripping off his toga?
14. What happens to the elder Gais Caesar in chapter six?
(a) He defends Marius.
(b) He is elected Consul.
(c) He dies.
(d) He becomes a senator.
15. How has Sulla been able to learn how to speak German?
(a) From Julilla.
(b) From Marius.
(c) From two captured slaves.
(d) From his years in school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What oath does Saturninus make the senators take?
2. What does the Senate do to try and make Caepio comply with their orders?
3. How does Caepio plan on raising his army?
4. What position does Marius agree to support Saturninus for?
5. How did Caepio's son survive the battle?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)