|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Caesar (younger) and Aurelia choose to live in the insula?
(a) They need to start their own life.
(b) It is where her mother lives.
(c) They cannot afford a home of their own.
(d) They want to stay close to her brother.
2. What does Caepio do with all of the gold he finds?
(a) He hides it from the men.
(b) He places it in the middle of Gaul.
(c) He puts it in a wagon and sends it toward Rome.
(d) He hides it in a cave.
3. What does Marius recognize as being important to a military man?
(b) Good men.
4. What does Marius seem to seek out?
(a) Warmth and a place in higher society.
(b) Fame and distinction.
(c) Support and acceptance.
(d) Money and treasure.
5. What does the message the senate sends to Caepio tell him to do?
(a) Immediately resign his command to Marius.
(b) Meet up with Mallius's army on the Rhodanus River.
(c) Report back to Rome immediately.
(d) Head into Germany to prevent more from heading into Italy.
6. What does Caepio find when he arrives in Gaul?
(a) All of the Germans were killed by the natives to this region.
(b) He needs to travel even farther to be successful.
(c) Most of the Germans residing there have already left.
(d) The Germans are already engaged in another battle.
7. What information does Marius share with the crowd that makes everyone happy?
(a) He has a new supply of grain which will be sold at low prices.
(b) He will be the First Man in Rome.
(c) He has prevented the coup.
(d) He will renounce his dictatorship.
8. What happens to the elder Gais Caesar in chapter six?
(a) He becomes a senator.
(b) He defends Marius.
(c) He dies.
(d) He is elected Consul.
9. Why does King Bocchus seek out Marius?
(a) He wants to surrender to him.
(b) He wants to tell him where Jugurtha is.
(c) He wants to attack him.
(d) He wants to form an ally with Rome.
10. Who tries to hold Caepio to some account even though he was not brought up on treason charges?
(d) His son-in-law, Drusus.
11. Which of the following characters is the newly elected consul?
12. What does Sulla suspect the Germans will do before they begin the invasion?
(a) Disperse to collect food.
(b) Come together to plan strategy.
(c) Move their encampments across the bridges.
(d) Divide up into different factions that will move to different parts of the country.
13. How long does it take Marius's army to defeat the entire Cimbri army?
(a) One afternoon.
(b) One year.
(c) One week.
(d) One day.
14. What comforts Caepio after the situation with the gold?
(a) That he was not killed himself.
(b) That he will be able to find it again.
(c) That he still has all of the silver.
(d) That he has killed the Barbarians.
15. How has Sulla been able to learn how to speak German?
(a) From Marius.
(b) From two captured slaves.
(c) From his years in school.
(d) From Julilla.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what is Publius an expert?
2. What idea does Sulla propose to Marius?
3. What position does Marius agree to support Saturninus for?
4. When does Sulla find out that the German Army plans to attack Italy?
5. What does Scaurus suspect has been happening in regard to the grain?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)