|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marius think Rome will think about his methods for gathering men for the army after the battle?
(a) He thinks they will respect his ideas more now.
(b) He thinks they will still treat him poorly.
(c) He believes they will repeal the law.
(d) He knows he left someone alive, so they will charge him with treason.
2. Who is forced to admit the law forcing the Senators to take an oath is invalid?
3. Why did King Bocchus leave according to Volux?
(a) Because he is searching for Jugurtha.
(b) Because Jugurtha heard of Sulla's visit.
(c) Because he was warned Marius wanted him dead.
(d) Because he does not trust Sulla.
4. Why does Sulla make his proposal to Marius?
(a) He wants to learn German.
(b) He craves excitement.
(c) He wants to earn more awards.
(d) He needs to practice his skills.
5. Why does Marius have his men repair roads and bridges when he arrives in Gaul?
(a) To get a better idea of the lay out of the land.
(b) To aid in the movement of his troops.
(c) To show the people of Gaul that they can trust him.
(d) To plant traps that will hold up the German soldiers.
6. How does Caepio feel about what happened to the gold?
(a) He is suicidal.
(b) He is devastated.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is ashamed.
7. What idea does Sulla propose to Marius?
(a) He will move to another area and start attacking the Germans.
(b) He will return to Rome to wait until the action starts.
(c) He will go back to Rome to ensure Marius is re-elected consul.
(d) He will work as a spy and infiltrate the Germans.
8. What does the Senate do to try and make Caepio comply with their orders?
(a) They send a small group of armed men to force the issue.
(b) They send a spy who will report only to them.
(c) They send an assassin to take out Caepio.
(d) They send six senators to make sure the command is followed.
9. Why does Marius send out raiding parties to neighboring cities to rape and pillage them?
(a) To protect his men from outside attacks.
(b) To show the people that they mean business.
(c) To attempt to track Jugurtha's movements.
(d) To attempt to engage an ally of Jugurtha in the war.
10. How long does it take Marius's army to defeat the entire Cimbri army?
(a) One day.
(b) One afternoon.
(c) One year.
(d) One week.
11. Why does Marius suggest a joint triumph?
(a) He knows the people will see him as the true victor.
(b) It will gain him more favor with the Senate.
(c) does not care about triumphs.
(d) He wants to show respect to Caesar.
12. What happens to Jugurtha?
(a) Marius captures him.
(b) Sulla captures him.
(c) Bocchus captures him.
(d) He is never captured.
13. Why do Caepio and his son race back to Rome after the battle?
(a) Because they want to tell their side of the story.
(b) Because the Germans are hunting them.
(c) Because they are trying to get reinforcements.
(d) Because Mallius has threatened them.
14. Why doesn't Caepio want to give up his command?
(a) Because Mallius is a New Man.
(b) Because he does not want to lose power.
(c) Because he found the gold.
(d) Because he plans on having his son married there.
15. When does Sulla find out that the German Army plans to attack Italy?
(a) Next month.
(b) Next week.
(c) Next year.
(d) The next day.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what is Publius an expert?
2. Which other character rushes back to Rome to tell a different version of the story than the one Caepio plans on telling?
3. What does Caepio order his men to do to verify if there is gold and silver present?
4. What happens to the men who killed the leaders of the coup?
5. What oath does Saturninus make the senators take?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)