|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Senate want to make Marius Ponitfex Maximus?
(a) They are trying to give him more power.
(b) They want to honor him for his service.
(c) They think it will make him more conservative.
(d) They believe he deserves the title.
2. Which of the following characters is the newly elected consul?
3. Where does Marius imprison Saturninus?
(a) Tarpeian rock.
(b) Temple of Jupiter.
(c) Senate Hall.
(d) In Africa.
4. Where is Caepio when he thinks he sees gold and silver?
(a) Near a mountain.
(b) Under a bridge.
(c) In a cave.
(d) On a lake.
5. What idea does Sulla propose to Marius?
(a) He will move to another area and start attacking the Germans.
(b) He will work as a spy and infiltrate the Germans.
(c) He will go back to Rome to ensure Marius is re-elected consul.
(d) He will return to Rome to wait until the action starts.
6. Who tries to hold Caepio to some account even though he was not brought up on treason charges?
(d) His son-in-law, Drusus.
7. What happens when Sulla goes to see King Bocchus and deliver Marius's message?
(a) Jugurtha is there not Bocchus.
(b) Sulla is taken hostage.
(c) The king has fled and an advisor is left.
(d) The king has already been killed.
8. What oath does Saturninus make the senators take?
(a) One to uphold the law regardless of what it is.
(b) One to make Saturninus a senator.
(c) One to make terms for Tribune's longer.
(d) One to make elections further apart.
9. How successful is Caepio's plan for raising a new army?
(a) He never successfully finds enough men and loses his place in the consul.
(b) He ends up having to borrow men from those fighting in Africa.
(c) He is very successful and has no difficulties.
(d) Because so many men have died he has a hard time using the method he chose.
10. What does Caepio find when he arrives in Gaul?
(a) All of the Germans were killed by the natives to this region.
(b) He needs to travel even farther to be successful.
(c) Most of the Germans residing there have already left.
(d) The Germans are already engaged in another battle.
11. Which of the following characters beats a senator to death for ripping off his toga?
12. Which of the following is not part of Caepio's punishment after he is convicted?
(a) 15,000 talents penalty.
(b) Stripping of his Roman citizenship.
(d) Exile from Rome.
13. Why do Caesar (younger) and Aurelia choose to live in the insula?
(a) They need to start their own life.
(b) It is where her mother lives.
(c) They cannot afford a home of their own.
(d) They want to stay close to her brother.
14. Why does Marius suggest a joint triumph?
(a) It will gain him more favor with the Senate.
(b) does not care about triumphs.
(c) He wants to show respect to Caesar.
(d) He knows the people will see him as the true victor.
15. Who sneaks in to kill the leaders of the coup?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Caepio believe should be in command of a united army?
2. What does Marius think Rome will think about his methods for gathering men for the army after the battle?
3. Why does the senate begin to fear Marius?
4. What does the Senate do for Marius in absentia?
5. What happens to the elder Gais Caesar in chapter six?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)