Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caepio do with all of the gold he finds?
(a) He places it in the middle of Gaul.
(b) He puts it in a wagon and sends it toward Rome.
(c) He hides it from the men.
(d) He hides it in a cave.
2. How does Caepio feel about what happened to the gold?
(a) He is devastated.
(b) He is ashamed.
(c) He is suicidal.
(d) He is relieved.
3. What happens when Sulla goes to see King Bocchus and deliver Marius's message?
(a) The king has fled and an advisor is left.
(b) Jugurtha is there not Bocchus.
(c) The king has already been killed.
(d) Sulla is taken hostage.
4. Where is Caepio when he thinks he sees gold and silver?
(a) In a cave.
(b) On a lake.
(c) Under a bridge.
(d) Near a mountain.
5. How has Sulla been able to learn how to speak German?
(a) From two captured slaves.
(b) From Julilla.
(c) From his years in school.
(d) From Marius.
6. What does the message the senate sends to Caepio tell him to do?
(a) Meet up with Mallius's army on the Rhodanus River.
(b) Immediately resign his command to Marius.
(c) Report back to Rome immediately.
(d) Head into Germany to prevent more from heading into Italy.
7. How does Marius get his land?
(a) Saturninus gets the law for those that fought to get land in Africa passed.
(b) His father-in-law has left him his land in his will.
(c) He claims land that he has captured from the Germans.
(d) The Senate gives him land to reward him for all of his.
8. What comforts Caepio after the situation with the gold?
(a) That he will be able to find it again.
(b) That he was not killed himself.
(c) That he still has all of the silver.
(d) That he has killed the Barbarians.
9. What does Marius do that is expressly illegal?
(a) Overthrow the senate.
(b) March an army into Rome.
(c) Become First Man in Rome.
(d) Kill his friend.
10. Why does Sulla make his proposal to Marius?
(a) He needs to practice his skills.
(b) He craves excitement.
(c) He wants to learn German.
(d) He wants to earn more awards.
11. What does Caepio order his men to do to verify if there is gold and silver present?
(a) Tear down the bridge.
(b) Burn the building.
(c) Dig deeper into the cave.
(d) Drain the lake.
12. Why do Caesar (younger) and Aurelia choose to live in the insula?
(a) They need to start their own life.
(b) They cannot afford a home of their own.
(c) It is where her mother lives.
(d) They want to stay close to her brother.
13. Who sneaks in to kill the leaders of the coup?
14. What happens to the gold Caepio found?
(a) It is stolen by some of the men he kidnapped into the army.
(b) It falls into the water and cannot be retrieved.
(c) A Barbarian raiding part steals it.
(d) It makes it safely back to Rome.
15. What does the Senate do for Marius in absentia?
(a) Give him charage of Caepio's army.
(b) Name him Ponitfex Maximus.
(c) Enter his name into the consular election.
(d) Make him a Senator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the elder Gais Caesar in chapter six?
2. How does Caepio plan on raising his army?
3. Why does Marius send out raiding parties to neighboring cities to rape and pillage them?
4. What does Caepio find when he arrives in Gaul?
5. What does Marius recognize as being important to a military man?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)