|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caepio find when he arrives in Gaul?
(a) All of the Germans were killed by the natives to this region.
(b) The Germans are already engaged in another battle.
(c) He needs to travel even farther to be successful.
(d) Most of the Germans residing there have already left.
2. How long does it take Publius to report his findings to Marius?
(a) A week or longer.
(b) At least a month.
(c) A few minutes.
(d) Several days.
3. Where is Caepio being sent?
(a) To take over the war in Africa.
(b) To the west to find new lands to conquer.
(c) To relieve Marius.
(d) To deal with the Germans.
4. How does Marius get his land?
(a) He claims land that he has captured from the Germans.
(b) His father-in-law has left him his land in his will.
(c) Saturninus gets the law for those that fought to get land in Africa passed.
(d) The Senate gives him land to reward him for all of his.
5. What happens to Jugurtha?
(a) Marius captures him.
(b) Bocchus captures him.
(c) Sulla captures him.
(d) He is never captured.
6. What is there a shortage of in Rome?
7. What oath does Saturninus make the senators take?
(a) One to make elections further apart.
(b) One to make terms for Tribune's longer.
(c) One to uphold the law regardless of what it is.
(d) One to make Saturninus a senator.
8. What is Mallius charged with?
(a) Delivering messages from the senate.
(b) A head count army to head off the Germans.
(c) A role within Caepio's army.
(d) Going to Africa and bringing back Marius.
9. How successful is Caepio's plan for raising a new army?
(a) Because so many men have died he has a hard time using the method he chose.
(b) He is very successful and has no difficulties.
(c) He never successfully finds enough men and loses his place in the consul.
(d) He ends up having to borrow men from those fighting in Africa.
10. Why does Drusus write to Caepio?
(a) He wants his daughter to marry Caepio's son.
(b) He wants his son to marry Caepio's daughter.
(c) He wants to negotiate terms with him.
(d) He wants to protect him from the Germans.
11. What does Marius think Rome will think about his methods for gathering men for the army after the battle?
(a) He thinks they will still treat him poorly.
(b) He believes they will repeal the law.
(c) He knows he left someone alive, so they will charge him with treason.
(d) He thinks they will respect his ideas more now.
12. What information does the prince who returns with Sulla share with Marius?
(a) There are spies in Maruis's army.
(b) The Germans are attacking the next day.
(c) Caepio stole the gold himself.
(d) There is a stash of silver in a nearby cave.
13. What does Marius find when he captures the citadel?
14. Where does Marius imprison Saturninus?
(a) Senate Hall.
(b) Temple of Jupiter.
(c) Tarpeian rock.
(d) In Africa.
15. What position does Marius agree to support Saturninus for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marius suggest a joint triumph?
2. What does the Senate do for Marius in absentia?
3. What happens to the gold Caepio found?
4. How does Caepio feel about what happened to the gold?
5. Why does Marius send out raiding parties to neighboring cities to rape and pillage them?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)