|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sneaks in to kill the leaders of the coup?
2. What does Marius find when he captures the citadel?
3. What does Marius recognize as being important to a military man?
(d) Good men.
4. What happens to the gold Caepio found?
(a) It falls into the water and cannot be retrieved.
(b) It makes it safely back to Rome.
(c) A Barbarian raiding part steals it.
(d) It is stolen by some of the men he kidnapped into the army.
5. Which of the following characters is the newly elected consul?
6. What does Caepio do with all of the gold he finds?
(a) He places it in the middle of Gaul.
(b) He puts it in a wagon and sends it toward Rome.
(c) He hides it from the men.
(d) He hides it in a cave.
7. What does Caepio do about the final orders?
(a) He eventually combines the two armies.
(b) He moves his army back to Rome to complain.
(c) He moves his own army north of Mallius's and waits there.
(d) He moves his own army ahead of Mallius's to attack first.
8. Why does Publius head into a cave?
(a) He is ordered to explore it.
(b) He smells the smell of snails.
(c) He wants to get out of the rain.
(d) He decides he needs to get away from the others for awhile.
9. Why does Sulla make his proposal to Marius?
(a) He wants to learn German.
(b) He craves excitement.
(c) He wants to earn more awards.
(d) He needs to practice his skills.
10. Why does King Brocchus join the fight?
(a) He plans to steal the gold.
(b) He fears the Romans are too close to his kingdom.
(c) He wants to defeat the Romans.
(d) He is strongly allied with Jugurtha.
11. What happens when Sulla goes to see King Bocchus and deliver Marius's message?
(a) The king has already been killed.
(b) Jugurtha is there not Bocchus.
(c) The king has fled and an advisor is left.
(d) Sulla is taken hostage.
12. How does Marius plan on getting to Gaul?
(a) He is taking the water route.
(b) He is taking a northern route.
(c) He is taking a back way through the woods.
(d) He is going through the Alps.
13. Why does Caepio decide to stay in Gaul for awhile?
(a) He wants to kill all of the Germans.
(b) He has not faced a battle yet.
(c) He likes being in control.
(d) He wants to find gold and silver.
14. What new controversial law does Marius want to pass?
(a) One that will give him more power.
(b) One that will free the slaves.
(c) One that will make Sulla a consul.
(d) One that will require him not to be re-elected each year.
15. What happens to the men who killed the leaders of the coup?
(a) They are exiled.
(b) They are killed.
(c) Marius pardons them.
(d) They receive a triumph.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Marius agree to support Saturninus for?
2. Who does the senate give complete dictator powers to?
3. Why does King Bocchus seek out Marius?
4. Why doesn't Caepio want to give up his command?
5. What does Scaurus suspect has been happening in regard to the grain?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)