|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caepio find when he arrives in Gaul?
(a) All of the Germans were killed by the natives to this region.
(b) He needs to travel even farther to be successful.
(c) The Germans are already engaged in another battle.
(d) Most of the Germans residing there have already left.
2. Who does Caepio believe should be in command of a united army?
3. Why does the Senate want to make Marius Ponitfex Maximus?
(a) They believe he deserves the title.
(b) They think it will make him more conservative.
(c) They want to honor him for his service.
(d) They are trying to give him more power.
4. Why does Sulla make his proposal to Marius?
(a) He wants to learn German.
(b) He craves excitement.
(c) He wants to earn more awards.
(d) He needs to practice his skills.
5. What information does the prince who returns with Sulla share with Marius?
(a) There are spies in Maruis's army.
(b) There is a stash of silver in a nearby cave.
(c) The Germans are attacking the next day.
(d) Caepio stole the gold himself.
6. How does Caepio plan on raising his army?
(a) By kidnapping men and forcing them to fight.
(b) Using Marius's new way.
(c) Using the old-fashioned way.
(d) By adopting a new strategy unique to him.
7. What does Marius seem to seek out?
(a) Fame and distinction.
(b) Money and treasure.
(c) Warmth and a place in higher society.
(d) Support and acceptance.
8. Which of the following is not part of Caepio's punishment after he is convicted?
(a) Stripping of his Roman citizenship.
(c) Exile from Rome.
(d) 15,000 talents penalty.
9. On what is Publius an expert?
(a) Cave exploration.
(c) African languages.
(d) Military strategy.
10. What position does Marius agree to support Saturninus for?
11. What allows Saturninus to cast the deciding vote in Marius's land bill?
(a) Saturninus begins acting more normal.
(b) A Tribune is murdered.
(c) Marius bribes Saturninus.
(d) Caesar gives Saturninus permission to cast the deciding vote.
12. What does Scaurus suspect has been happening in regard to the grain?
(a) The slaves are withholding much of the product.
(b) The products have been stolen by the Germans.
(c) There has been price manipulation.
(d) The crops have been purposefully damaged.
13. How many times has Marius been elected consul?
14. What happens to the gold Caepio found?
(a) It makes it safely back to Rome.
(b) It falls into the water and cannot be retrieved.
(c) It is stolen by some of the men he kidnapped into the army.
(d) A Barbarian raiding part steals it.
15. What new controversial law does Marius want to pass?
(a) One that will free the slaves.
(b) One that will give him more power.
(c) One that will require him not to be re-elected each year.
(d) One that will make Sulla a consul.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sulla take with him on his adventure?
2. What does Caepio order his men to do to verify if there is gold and silver present?
3. Where is Caepio when he thinks he sees gold and silver?
4. Why do Caepio and his son race back to Rome after the battle?
5. What does Marius do that is expressly illegal?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)