|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what is Publius an expert?
(b) African languages.
(c) Military strategy.
(d) Cave exploration.
2. What is there a shortage of in Rome?
3. What does Caepio do with all of the gold he finds?
(a) He places it in the middle of Gaul.
(b) He hides it in a cave.
(c) He puts it in a wagon and sends it toward Rome.
(d) He hides it from the men.
4. When Marius returns to Rome, what doe she immediately want to focus on?
(a) The banquet at the temple of Jupiter.
(b) The fate of Jugurtha.
(c) Re-election as consul.
(d) The triumphal march.
5. Why does the senate begin to fear Marius?
(a) He has threatened to oust all those that stood against him.
(b) He is gaining too much wealth.
(c) He has too much respect and power among the people.
(d) He has spoken to Caepio.
6. Why does Drusus write to Caepio?
(a) He wants to negotiate terms with him.
(b) He wants to protect him from the Germans.
(c) He wants his daughter to marry Caepio's son.
(d) He wants his son to marry Caepio's daughter.
7. What message does Marius send back to King Bocchus?
(a) They declare war on King Bocchus.
(b) Sulla needs be immediately taken to Jugurtha.
(c) They are unwilling to negotiate.
(d) He must deliver Jugurtha to get forgiveness.
8. What does Marius find when he captures the citadel?
9. What does Marius think Rome will think about his methods for gathering men for the army after the battle?
(a) He believes they will repeal the law.
(b) He thinks they will respect his ideas more now.
(c) He knows he left someone alive, so they will charge him with treason.
(d) He thinks they will still treat him poorly.
10. Who does Sulla take with him on his adventure?
(b) Quintus Sertorius.
11. What two things does Publius find in the cave?
(a) Jugurtha's hideout and a ton of snails.
(b) A cache of gold and a way into the fortress.
(c) A ton of snails and a way into the fortress.
(d) A ton of snails and a cache of gold.
12. Why do Caesar (younger) and Aurelia choose to live in the insula?
(a) They need to start their own life.
(b) They want to stay close to her brother.
(c) It is where her mother lives.
(d) They cannot afford a home of their own.
13. What happens to the men who killed the leaders of the coup?
(a) They are killed.
(b) They are exiled.
(c) Marius pardons them.
(d) They receive a triumph.
14. What does the Senate do to try and make Caepio comply with their orders?
(a) They send an assassin to take out Caepio.
(b) They send a spy who will report only to them.
(c) They send a small group of armed men to force the issue.
(d) They send six senators to make sure the command is followed.
15. How does Marius get his land?
(a) His father-in-law has left him his land in his will.
(b) He claims land that he has captured from the Germans.
(c) Saturninus gets the law for those that fought to get land in Africa passed.
(d) The Senate gives him land to reward him for all of his.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Senate do for Marius in absentia?
2. What happens to Jugurtha?
3. What happens to the gold Caepio found?
4. How does Sulla decide Jugurtha should be executed?
5. Why do Caepio and his son race back to Rome after the battle?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)