|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Caepio believe should be in command of a united army?
2. Who sets up Gais Caesar the younger to marry Aurelia?
3. What happens to Jugurtha?
(a) Sulla captures him.
(b) Bocchus captures him.
(c) Marius captures him.
(d) He is never captured.
4. Why does Marius ensure that his position is heavily fortified?
(a) He knows the Germans are particularly mean.
(b) He needs to spend some time training new troops.
(c) He wants to be ready.
(d) He believes they might have to be there awhile.
5. What does Marius recognize as being important to a military man?
(a) Good men.
6. Why do Caesar (younger) and Aurelia choose to live in the insula?
(a) They cannot afford a home of their own.
(b) They need to start their own life.
(c) It is where her mother lives.
(d) They want to stay close to her brother.
7. How does Caepio plan on raising his army?
(a) By kidnapping men and forcing them to fight.
(b) By adopting a new strategy unique to him.
(c) Using the old-fashioned way.
(d) Using Marius's new way.
8. What allows Saturninus to cast the deciding vote in Marius's land bill?
(a) Marius bribes Saturninus.
(b) A Tribune is murdered.
(c) Saturninus begins acting more normal.
(d) Caesar gives Saturninus permission to cast the deciding vote.
9. Which of the following is not part of Caepio's punishment after he is convicted?
(a) 15,000 talents penalty.
(b) Stripping of his Roman citizenship.
(c) Exile from Rome.
10. How long does it take Marius's army to defeat the entire Cimbri army?
(a) One day.
(b) One year.
(c) One afternoon.
(d) One week.
11. How does Marius plan on getting to Gaul?
(a) He is taking a northern route.
(b) He is taking the water route.
(c) He is taking a back way through the woods.
(d) He is going through the Alps.
12. When does Sulla find out that the German Army plans to attack Italy?
(a) Next week.
(b) The next day.
(c) Next year.
(d) Next month.
13. How has Sulla been able to learn how to speak German?
(a) From Marius.
(b) From his years in school.
(c) From Julilla.
(d) From two captured slaves.
14. Why does Sulla make his proposal to Marius?
(a) He wants to earn more awards.
(b) He craves excitement.
(c) He wants to learn German.
(d) He needs to practice his skills.
15. How does Marius get his land?
(a) The Senate gives him land to reward him for all of his.
(b) He claims land that he has captured from the Germans.
(c) Saturninus gets the law for those that fought to get land in Africa passed.
(d) His father-in-law has left him his land in his will.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Saturninus leave Rome?
2. What does the message the senate sends to Caepio tell him to do?
3. What happens to the elder Gais Caesar in chapter six?
4. How does King Bocchus respond to giving Sulla Jugurtha?
5. Why does Publius head into a cave?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)