|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the message the senate sends to Caepio tell him to do?
(a) Meet up with Mallius's army on the Rhodanus River.
(b) Report back to Rome immediately.
(c) Immediately resign his command to Marius.
(d) Head into Germany to prevent more from heading into Italy.
2. How long does it take Publius to report his findings to Marius?
(a) A few minutes.
(b) A week or longer.
(c) Several days.
(d) At least a month.
3. Why does King Bocchus seek out Marius?
(a) He wants to form an ally with Rome.
(b) He wants to tell him where Jugurtha is.
(c) He wants to surrender to him.
(d) He wants to attack him.
4. Who does the senate give complete dictator powers to?
5. What position does Marius agree to support Saturninus for?
6. What does Marius have constructed to help the army get into the fortress?
(a) A ramp.
(c) A wall.
(d) A catapult.
7. What is Mallius charged with?
(a) A head count army to head off the Germans.
(b) Delivering messages from the senate.
(c) A role within Caepio's army.
(d) Going to Africa and bringing back Marius.
8. What controversy does Saturninus hope to stir up in hopes it will get him re-elected?
(a) That the Senate is withholding grain.
(b) That Marius is no longer capable of being consul.
(c) That senators do not uphold laws passed.
(d) That Glaucia is not a traitor.
9. What does Marius seem to seek out?
(a) Support and acceptance.
(b) Money and treasure.
(c) Warmth and a place in higher society.
(d) Fame and distinction.
10. How has Sulla been able to learn how to speak German?
(a) From two captured slaves.
(b) From Julilla.
(c) From Marius.
(d) From his years in school.
11. Why does Saturninus leave Rome?
(a) He needed to warn Marius.
(b) He was stripped of his Senate seat.
(c) He was asked to lead troops to Gaul.
(d) He is hunting for Sulla.
12. Who does Sulla take with him on his adventure?
(c) Quintus Sertorius.
13. Why do Caepio and his son race back to Rome after the battle?
(a) Because Mallius has threatened them.
(b) Because the Germans are hunting them.
(c) Because they are trying to get reinforcements.
(d) Because they want to tell their side of the story.
14. How many times has Marius been elected consul?
15. Who sneaks in to kill the leaders of the coup?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sulla expect Volux to prove that he is trustworthy?
2. Which of his skills does Marius find out are not very strong?
3. Why does Marius send out raiding parties to neighboring cities to rape and pillage them?
4. What does Marius do that is expressly illegal?
5. Why does Caepio decide to stay in Gaul for awhile?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)