|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Senate do for Marius in absentia?
(a) Enter his name into the consular election.
(b) Give him charage of Caepio's army.
(c) Make him a Senator.
(d) Name him Ponitfex Maximus.
2. What happens to the gold Caepio found?
(a) It falls into the water and cannot be retrieved.
(b) It makes it safely back to Rome.
(c) It is stolen by some of the men he kidnapped into the army.
(d) A Barbarian raiding part steals it.
3. What oath does Saturninus make the senators take?
(a) One to make elections further apart.
(b) One to uphold the law regardless of what it is.
(c) One to make terms for Tribune's longer.
(d) One to make Saturninus a senator.
4. Why does Publius head into a cave?
(a) He decides he needs to get away from the others for awhile.
(b) He wants to get out of the rain.
(c) He is ordered to explore it.
(d) He smells the smell of snails.
5. What does Caepio find when he arrives in Gaul?
(a) All of the Germans were killed by the natives to this region.
(b) He needs to travel even farther to be successful.
(c) The Germans are already engaged in another battle.
(d) Most of the Germans residing there have already left.
6. What does Marius have constructed to help the army get into the fortress?
(a) A catapult.
(b) A wall.
(d) A ramp.
7. How does Caepio feel about what happened to the gold?
(a) He is devastated.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He is suicidal.
(d) He is ashamed.
8. Who sneaks in to kill the leaders of the coup?
9. Why does Marius believe it is necessary to take Jugurth's western fortress within the next month?
(a) Jugurtha will escape to a neighboring kingdom before the month is over.
(b) His men will need additional supplies if it goes beyond that.
(c) It is located high on a cliff and will not be approachable later.
(d) He knows he will be recalled to Rome after that.
10. What is there a shortage of in Rome?
11. When Marius returns to Rome, what doe she immediately want to focus on?
(a) Re-election as consul.
(b) The banquet at the temple of Jupiter.
(c) The triumphal march.
(d) The fate of Jugurtha.
12. Why does Marius send out raiding parties to neighboring cities to rape and pillage them?
(a) To attempt to engage an ally of Jugurtha in the war.
(b) To protect his men from outside attacks.
(c) To attempt to track Jugurtha's movements.
(d) To show the people that they mean business.
13. Who sets up Gais Caesar the younger to marry Aurelia?
14. What does Caepio order his men to do to verify if there is gold and silver present?
(a) Burn the building.
(b) Dig deeper into the cave.
(c) Tear down the bridge.
(d) Drain the lake.
15. What controversy does Saturninus hope to stir up in hopes it will get him re-elected?
(a) That Marius is no longer capable of being consul.
(b) That the Senate is withholding grain.
(c) That senators do not uphold laws passed.
(d) That Glaucia is not a traitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things does Publius find in the cave?
2. What happens to Jugurtha?
3. How long does it take Publius to report his findings to Marius?
4. Which other character rushes back to Rome to tell a different version of the story than the one Caepio plans on telling?
5. What does Caepio do with all of the gold he finds?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)