|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Caepio plan on raising his army?
(a) By adopting a new strategy unique to him.
(b) Using the old-fashioned way.
(c) Using Marius's new way.
(d) By kidnapping men and forcing them to fight.
2. Which of the following is not part of Caepio's punishment after he is convicted?
(a) Stripping of his Roman citizenship.
(b) Exile from Rome.
(c) 15,000 talents penalty.
3. What does Sulla suspect the Germans will do before they begin the invasion?
(a) Come together to plan strategy.
(b) Move their encampments across the bridges.
(c) Divide up into different factions that will move to different parts of the country.
(d) Disperse to collect food.
4. How has Sulla been able to learn how to speak German?
(a) From Marius.
(b) From two captured slaves.
(c) From Julilla.
(d) From his years in school.
5. What does Caepio do with all of the gold he finds?
(a) He puts it in a wagon and sends it toward Rome.
(b) He places it in the middle of Gaul.
(c) He hides it from the men.
(d) He hides it in a cave.
6. How long does it take Marius's army to defeat the entire Cimbri army?
(a) One day.
(b) One year.
(c) One week.
(d) One afternoon.
7. How does Sulla decide Jugurtha should be executed?
(a) By being hung.
(b) By disembowelment.
(c) By being shot.
(d) By being buried alive.
8. How successful is Caepio's plan for raising a new army?
(a) He never successfully finds enough men and loses his place in the consul.
(b) He ends up having to borrow men from those fighting in Africa.
(c) He is very successful and has no difficulties.
(d) Because so many men have died he has a hard time using the method he chose.
9. What does Marius recognize as being important to a military man?
(a) Good men.
10. Which of the following characters beats a senator to death for ripping off his toga?
11. Why do Caesar (younger) and Aurelia choose to live in the insula?
(a) They want to stay close to her brother.
(b) They need to start their own life.
(c) It is where her mother lives.
(d) They cannot afford a home of their own.
12. Why does Caepio decide to stay in Gaul for awhile?
(a) He likes being in control.
(b) He has not faced a battle yet.
(c) He wants to find gold and silver.
(d) He wants to kill all of the Germans.
13. When does Sulla find out that the German Army plans to attack Italy?
(a) The next day.
(b) Next month.
(c) Next year.
(d) Next week.
14. Where is Caepio being sent?
(a) To take over the war in Africa.
(b) To relieve Marius.
(c) To deal with the Germans.
(d) To the west to find new lands to conquer.
15. Where does Marius imprison Saturninus?
(a) Tarpeian rock.
(b) Senate Hall.
(c) In Africa.
(d) Temple of Jupiter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the gold Caepio found?
2. Which of the following characters is the newly elected consul?
3. What does Marius do that is expressly illegal?
4. Who does Caepio believe should be in command of a united army?
5. Why does Marius suggest a joint triumph?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)