|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marius send out raiding parties to neighboring cities to rape and pillage them?
(a) To attempt to track Jugurtha's movements.
(b) To show the people that they mean business.
(c) To protect his men from outside attacks.
(d) To attempt to engage an ally of Jugurtha in the war.
2. What does Marius have constructed to help the army get into the fortress?
(a) A catapult.
(b) A wall.
(c) A ramp.
3. Why doesn't Caepio want to give up his command?
(a) Because he does not want to lose power.
(b) Because Mallius is a New Man.
(c) Because he plans on having his son married there.
(d) Because he found the gold.
4. Why does the Senate want to make Marius Ponitfex Maximus?
(a) They want to honor him for his service.
(b) They are trying to give him more power.
(c) They think it will make him more conservative.
(d) They believe he deserves the title.
5. How long does it take Marius's army to defeat the entire Cimbri army?
(a) One week.
(b) One afternoon.
(c) One day.
(d) One year.
6. What controversy does Saturninus hope to stir up in hopes it will get him re-elected?
(a) That Marius is no longer capable of being consul.
(b) That senators do not uphold laws passed.
(c) That the Senate is withholding grain.
(d) That Glaucia is not a traitor.
7. What information does the prince who returns with Sulla share with Marius?
(a) Caepio stole the gold himself.
(b) There is a stash of silver in a nearby cave.
(c) There are spies in Maruis's army.
(d) The Germans are attacking the next day.
8. How does Marius get his land?
(a) The Senate gives him land to reward him for all of his.
(b) Saturninus gets the law for those that fought to get land in Africa passed.
(c) He claims land that he has captured from the Germans.
(d) His father-in-law has left him his land in his will.
9. What is there a shortage of in Rome?
10. How does Caepio feel about what happened to the gold?
(a) He is ashamed.
(b) He is devastated.
(c) He is suicidal.
(d) He is relieved.
11. How does King Bocchus respond to giving Sulla Jugurtha?
(a) He takes Sulla hostage and gives him to Jugurtha.
(b) He says that he will not sell out his friends.
(c) He claims that he does not know where Jugurtha is hiding.
(d) He is not happy and does not want to.
12. How long does it take Publius to report his findings to Marius?
(a) At least a month.
(b) Several days.
(c) A week or longer.
(d) A few minutes.
13. Which of the following characters is the newly elected consul?
14. What does the message the senate sends to Caepio tell him to do?
(a) Report back to Rome immediately.
(b) Meet up with Mallius's army on the Rhodanus River.
(c) Immediately resign his command to Marius.
(d) Head into Germany to prevent more from heading into Italy.
15. When does Sulla find out that the German Army plans to attack Italy?
(a) Next week.
(b) The next day.
(c) Next year.
(d) Next month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Senate do to try and make Caepio comply with their orders?
2. Who is forced to admit the law forcing the Senators to take an oath is invalid?
3. Who does Caepio believe should be in command of a united army?
4. What happens when Sulla goes to see King Bocchus and deliver Marius's message?
5. How did Caepio's son survive the battle?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)