|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caepio do with all of the gold he finds?
(a) He places it in the middle of Gaul.
(b) He hides it in a cave.
(c) He hides it from the men.
(d) He puts it in a wagon and sends it toward Rome.
2. Why does Drusus write to Caepio?
(a) He wants to negotiate terms with him.
(b) He wants his daughter to marry Caepio's son.
(c) He wants his son to marry Caepio's daughter.
(d) He wants to protect him from the Germans.
3. Why do Caepio and his son race back to Rome after the battle?
(a) Because Mallius has threatened them.
(b) Because the Germans are hunting them.
(c) Because they want to tell their side of the story.
(d) Because they are trying to get reinforcements.
4. Why does Saturninus leave Rome?
(a) He was asked to lead troops to Gaul.
(b) He was stripped of his Senate seat.
(c) He is hunting for Sulla.
(d) He needed to warn Marius.
5. Who does Caepio believe should be in command of a united army?
6. What happens to the elder Gais Caesar in chapter six?
(a) He is elected Consul.
(b) He becomes a senator.
(c) He dies.
(d) He defends Marius.
7. What does Marius find when he captures the citadel?
8. Who does the senate give complete dictator powers to?
9. Which of the following is not part of Caepio's punishment after he is convicted?
(a) 15,000 talents penalty.
(b) Exile from Rome.
(d) Stripping of his Roman citizenship.
10. Who sets up Gais Caesar the younger to marry Aurelia?
11. Why does Marius believe it is necessary to take Jugurth's western fortress within the next month?
(a) Jugurtha will escape to a neighboring kingdom before the month is over.
(b) He knows he will be recalled to Rome after that.
(c) His men will need additional supplies if it goes beyond that.
(d) It is located high on a cliff and will not be approachable later.
12. What controversy does Saturninus hope to stir up in hopes it will get him re-elected?
(a) That Glaucia is not a traitor.
(b) That senators do not uphold laws passed.
(c) That the Senate is withholding grain.
(d) That Marius is no longer capable of being consul.
13. How did Caepio's son survive the battle?
(a) He left the battle dishonorably.
(b) He was a brave warrior who was lucky to survive.
(c) He was not in the battle.
(d) His father made sure to protect him.
14. What information does Marius share with the crowd that makes everyone happy?
(a) He has prevented the coup.
(b) He will be the First Man in Rome.
(c) He has a new supply of grain which will be sold at low prices.
(d) He will renounce his dictatorship.
15. Why does Sulla make his proposal to Marius?
(a) He wants to learn German.
(b) He needs to practice his skills.
(c) He craves excitement.
(d) He wants to earn more awards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marius believe will be of greater incentive to the head-count army?
2. When does Sulla find out that the German Army plans to attack Italy?
3. What does Marius seem to seek out?
4. Who is forced to admit the law forcing the Senators to take an oath is invalid?
5. Who tries to hold Caepio to some account even though he was not brought up on treason charges?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)