|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which other character rushes back to Rome to tell a different version of the story than the one Caepio plans on telling?
(a) Sextus Caesar.
(b) Metellus's son.
2. What does the Senate do for Marius in absentia?
(a) Make him a Senator.
(b) Enter his name into the consular election.
(c) Name him Ponitfex Maximus.
(d) Give him charage of Caepio's army.
3. Why does Marius suggest a joint triumph?
(a) It will gain him more favor with the Senate.
(b) He knows the people will see him as the true victor.
(c) He wants to show respect to Caesar.
(d) does not care about triumphs.
4. What does Saturninus decide to do when he decides that his change at election is futile?
(a) He kills his friend, who is holding him back, Glaucia.
(b) He beats a senator to death.
(c) He murders Marius.
(d) He plans a coup.
5. What message does Marius send back to King Bocchus?
(a) They declare war on King Bocchus.
(b) Sulla needs be immediately taken to Jugurtha.
(c) They are unwilling to negotiate.
(d) He must deliver Jugurtha to get forgiveness.
6. What does the Senate do to try and make Caepio comply with their orders?
(a) They send six senators to make sure the command is followed.
(b) They send a spy who will report only to them.
(c) They send an assassin to take out Caepio.
(d) They send a small group of armed men to force the issue.
7. Why do Caepio and his son race back to Rome after the battle?
(a) Because Mallius has threatened them.
(b) Because the Germans are hunting them.
(c) Because they want to tell their side of the story.
(d) Because they are trying to get reinforcements.
8. Why does Marius believe it is necessary to take Jugurth's western fortress within the next month?
(a) Jugurtha will escape to a neighboring kingdom before the month is over.
(b) His men will need additional supplies if it goes beyond that.
(c) He knows he will be recalled to Rome after that.
(d) It is located high on a cliff and will not be approachable later.
9. What oath does Saturninus make the senators take?
(a) One to make elections further apart.
(b) One to uphold the law regardless of what it is.
(c) One to make terms for Tribune's longer.
(d) One to make Saturninus a senator.
10. Why do Caesar (younger) and Aurelia choose to live in the insula?
(a) They need to start their own life.
(b) It is where her mother lives.
(c) They cannot afford a home of their own.
(d) They want to stay close to her brother.
11. How long does it take Publius to report his findings to Marius?
(a) A few minutes.
(b) A week or longer.
(c) Several days.
(d) At least a month.
12. What controversy does Saturninus hope to stir up in hopes it will get him re-elected?
(a) That senators do not uphold laws passed.
(b) That Marius is no longer capable of being consul.
(c) That the Senate is withholding grain.
(d) That Glaucia is not a traitor.
13. Who does Sulla take with him on his adventure?
(b) Quintus Sertorius.
14. Why does King Bocchus seek out Marius?
(a) He wants to tell him where Jugurtha is.
(b) He wants to attack him.
(c) He wants to form an ally with Rome.
(d) He wants to surrender to him.
15. How does Caepio plan on raising his army?
(a) By adopting a new strategy unique to him.
(b) Using the old-fashioned way.
(c) Using Marius's new way.
(d) By kidnapping men and forcing them to fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things does Publius find in the cave?
2. How does Marius plan on getting to Gaul?
3. Who tries to hold Caepio to some account even though he was not brought up on treason charges?
4. What happens to the gold Caepio found?
5. Who does the senate give complete dictator powers to?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)