|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Marius's army to defeat the entire Cimbri army?
(a) One year.
(b) One afternoon.
(c) One day.
(d) One week.
2. How does Marius get his land?
(a) The Senate gives him land to reward him for all of his.
(b) He claims land that he has captured from the Germans.
(c) His father-in-law has left him his land in his will.
(d) Saturninus gets the law for those that fought to get land in Africa passed.
3. Which of the following is not part of Caepio's punishment after he is convicted?
(a) Stripping of his Roman citizenship.
(c) 15,000 talents penalty.
(d) Exile from Rome.
4. Why does the senate begin to fear Marius?
(a) He has too much respect and power among the people.
(b) He has spoken to Caepio.
(c) He is gaining too much wealth.
(d) He has threatened to oust all those that stood against him.
5. What controversy does Saturninus hope to stir up in hopes it will get him re-elected?
(a) That senators do not uphold laws passed.
(b) That Glaucia is not a traitor.
(c) That the Senate is withholding grain.
(d) That Marius is no longer capable of being consul.
6. What information does the prince who returns with Sulla share with Marius?
(a) Caepio stole the gold himself.
(b) There are spies in Maruis's army.
(c) The Germans are attacking the next day.
(d) There is a stash of silver in a nearby cave.
7. How does Sulla expect Volux to prove that he is trustworthy?
(a) Ride with him to Marius's camp.
(b) Produce Jugurtha immediately.
(c) Deliver King Bocchus immediately.
(d) Ride at night with Sulla through Jugurtha's camp.
8. What happens when Sulla goes to see King Bocchus and deliver Marius's message?
(a) Jugurtha is there not Bocchus.
(b) The king has fled and an advisor is left.
(c) The king has already been killed.
(d) Sulla is taken hostage.
9. How does Sulla decide Jugurtha should be executed?
(a) By disembowelment.
(b) By being shot.
(c) By being hung.
(d) By being buried alive.
10. What does Sulla suspect the Germans will do before they begin the invasion?
(a) Move their encampments across the bridges.
(b) Disperse to collect food.
(c) Divide up into different factions that will move to different parts of the country.
(d) Come together to plan strategy.
11. What does Marius seem to seek out?
(a) Warmth and a place in higher society.
(b) Support and acceptance.
(c) Money and treasure.
(d) Fame and distinction.
12. What does the Senate do to try and make Caepio comply with their orders?
(a) They send an assassin to take out Caepio.
(b) They send a spy who will report only to them.
(c) They send a small group of armed men to force the issue.
(d) They send six senators to make sure the command is followed.
13. Why does Marius have his men repair roads and bridges when he arrives in Gaul?
(a) To get a better idea of the lay out of the land.
(b) To show the people of Gaul that they can trust him.
(c) To plant traps that will hold up the German soldiers.
(d) To aid in the movement of his troops.
14. How does King Bocchus respond to giving Sulla Jugurtha?
(a) He is not happy and does not want to.
(b) He claims that he does not know where Jugurtha is hiding.
(c) He takes Sulla hostage and gives him to Jugurtha.
(d) He says that he will not sell out his friends.
15. What message does Marius send back to King Bocchus?
(a) He must deliver Jugurtha to get forgiveness.
(b) Sulla needs be immediately taken to Jugurtha.
(c) They are unwilling to negotiate.
(d) They declare war on King Bocchus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Caepio decide to stay in Gaul for awhile?
2. What does Marius believe will be of greater incentive to the head-count army?
3. How many times has Marius been elected consul?
4. What does Caepio order his men to do to verify if there is gold and silver present?
5. How has Sulla been able to learn how to speak German?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)