|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the senate give complete dictator powers to?
2. What does Marius believe will be of greater incentive to the head-count army?
(a) Additional funds.
(b) Awards and medals.
(c) Positions in the Senate.
(d) Land in Africa.
3. What does Marius find when he captures the citadel?
4. Why does Publius head into a cave?
(a) He wants to get out of the rain.
(b) He decides he needs to get away from the others for awhile.
(c) He smells the smell of snails.
(d) He is ordered to explore it.
5. Why does Drusus write to Caepio?
(a) He wants to negotiate terms with him.
(b) He wants to protect him from the Germans.
(c) He wants his son to marry Caepio's daughter.
(d) He wants his daughter to marry Caepio's son.
6. What does Sulla suspect the Germans will do before they begin the invasion?
(a) Disperse to collect food.
(b) Move their encampments across the bridges.
(c) Come together to plan strategy.
(d) Divide up into different factions that will move to different parts of the country.
7. On what is Publius an expert?
(a) Military strategy.
(b) Cave exploration.
(c) African languages.
8. What comforts Caepio after the situation with the gold?
(a) That he still has all of the silver.
(b) That he has killed the Barbarians.
(c) That he was not killed himself.
(d) That he will be able to find it again.
9. Where does Marius imprison Saturninus?
(a) Tarpeian rock.
(b) In Africa.
(c) Temple of Jupiter.
(d) Senate Hall.
10. Where is Caepio when he thinks he sees gold and silver?
(a) Under a bridge.
(b) In a cave.
(c) Near a mountain.
(d) On a lake.
11. What message does Marius send back to King Bocchus?
(a) They declare war on King Bocchus.
(b) Sulla needs be immediately taken to Jugurtha.
(c) They are unwilling to negotiate.
(d) He must deliver Jugurtha to get forgiveness.
12. Why does Marius have his men repair roads and bridges when he arrives in Gaul?
(a) To get a better idea of the lay out of the land.
(b) To aid in the movement of his troops.
(c) To show the people of Gaul that they can trust him.
(d) To plant traps that will hold up the German soldiers.
13. Which of the following is not part of Caepio's punishment after he is convicted?
(a) 15,000 talents penalty.
(b) Exile from Rome.
(d) Stripping of his Roman citizenship.
14. What does Caepio find when he arrives in Gaul?
(a) He needs to travel even farther to be successful.
(b) The Germans are already engaged in another battle.
(c) All of the Germans were killed by the natives to this region.
(d) Most of the Germans residing there have already left.
15. What does Marius think Rome will think about his methods for gathering men for the army after the battle?
(a) He thinks they will still treat him poorly.
(b) He thinks they will respect his ideas more now.
(c) He believes they will repeal the law.
(d) He knows he left someone alive, so they will charge him with treason.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the senate begin to fear Marius?
2. What does Caepio do with all of the gold he finds?
3. What information does Marius share with the crowd that makes everyone happy?
4. When does Sulla find out that the German Army plans to attack Italy?
5. What is Mallius charged with?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)