|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Caepio and his son race back to Rome after the battle?
(a) Because they are trying to get reinforcements.
(b) Because Mallius has threatened them.
(c) Because the Germans are hunting them.
(d) Because they want to tell their side of the story.
2. What does Scaurus suspect has been happening in regard to the grain?
(a) The crops have been purposefully damaged.
(b) The products have been stolen by the Germans.
(c) There has been price manipulation.
(d) The slaves are withholding much of the product.
3. How does Caepio feel about what happened to the gold?
(a) He is suicidal.
(b) He is devastated.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is ashamed.
4. What does Marius find when he captures the citadel?
5. What happens to the gold Caepio found?
(a) A Barbarian raiding part steals it.
(b) It makes it safely back to Rome.
(c) It is stolen by some of the men he kidnapped into the army.
(d) It falls into the water and cannot be retrieved.
6. What happens to the elder Gais Caesar in chapter six?
(a) He defends Marius.
(b) He dies.
(c) He becomes a senator.
(d) He is elected Consul.
7. Who does the senate give complete dictator powers to?
8. Where is Caepio being sent?
(a) To deal with the Germans.
(b) To relieve Marius.
(c) To the west to find new lands to conquer.
(d) To take over the war in Africa.
9. What is Mallius charged with?
(a) A head count army to head off the Germans.
(b) Going to Africa and bringing back Marius.
(c) A role within Caepio's army.
(d) Delivering messages from the senate.
10. What does Marius think Rome will think about his methods for gathering men for the army after the battle?
(a) He thinks they will respect his ideas more now.
(b) He knows he left someone alive, so they will charge him with treason.
(c) He thinks they will still treat him poorly.
(d) He believes they will repeal the law.
11. What does Caepio do with all of the gold he finds?
(a) He hides it in a cave.
(b) He puts it in a wagon and sends it toward Rome.
(c) He hides it from the men.
(d) He places it in the middle of Gaul.
12. Who does Caepio believe should be in command of a united army?
13. How many times has Marius been elected consul?
14. Why does Saturninus leave Rome?
(a) He needed to warn Marius.
(b) He was asked to lead troops to Gaul.
(c) He was stripped of his Senate seat.
(d) He is hunting for Sulla.
15. Why does King Bocchus seek out Marius?
(a) He wants to attack him.
(b) He wants to surrender to him.
(c) He wants to tell him where Jugurtha is.
(d) He wants to form an ally with Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Senate do to try and make Caepio comply with their orders?
2. Why does the senate begin to fear Marius?
3. Which other character rushes back to Rome to tell a different version of the story than the one Caepio plans on telling?
4. What does Saturninus decide to do when he decides that his change at election is futile?
5. What does Caepio order his men to do to verify if there is gold and silver present?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)