|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scaurus suspect has been happening in regard to the grain?
(a) The crops have been purposefully damaged.
(b) There has been price manipulation.
(c) The products have been stolen by the Germans.
(d) The slaves are withholding much of the product.
2. What two things does Publius find in the cave?
(a) Jugurtha's hideout and a ton of snails.
(b) A ton of snails and a cache of gold.
(c) A cache of gold and a way into the fortress.
(d) A ton of snails and a way into the fortress.
3. What happened after the Germans defeated Silanus's army?
(a) They retreated to their homeland.
(b) They pushed further south.
(c) They moved on to Spain.
(d) They took over Rome.
4. How does Marius begin his speech to the senators?
(a) By recounting the losses of the army.
(b) By praising their efforts.
(c) By telling them that he expects to learn a great deal from them both.
(d) By criticizing the way they have run the senate in the past.
5. What idea does Sulla propose to Marius?
(a) He will go back to Rome to ensure Marius is re-elected consul.
(b) He will move to another area and start attacking the Germans.
(c) He will work as a spy and infiltrate the Germans.
(d) He will return to Rome to wait until the action starts.
Short Answer Questions
1. On which holiday does this novel begin?
2. What happens to Jugurtha?
3. What does Marius find when he captures the citadel?
4. Why does King Brocchus join the fight?
5. What does Marius recognize as being important to a military man?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)