|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do many of the Roman citizens fear an invasion?
(a) They know the protection forces are not in Rome.
(b) They do not trust the new consul members.
(c) They remember a previous invasion.
(d) They have heard that the Germans are relentless.
2. Why does Caesar invite Marius over for dinner?
(a) To talk about Senate work.
(b) To plot a campaign to over throw Jugurtha.
(c) To bribe him to allow him to become a senator.
(d) To ask if he would marry one of his daughters.
3. Why is the king of Numidia, Jugurtha in the city?
(a) He wants to buy votes.
(b) He wants to buy some goods.
(c) He wants to meet the new senators.
(d) He wants to witness the ceremony.
4. What does Nicopolis die from?
(b) Heart failure.
(d) Kidney failure.
5. What happens at the party between Sulla and Hercules?
(a) Sulla convinces him to seek out Clitumna and kill her.
(b) Sulla attacks and kills Hercules.
(c) Sulla confronts him and Hercules drags him back to his home.
(d) Sulla takes him aside and gets him drunk so that he destroys the party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word was used to describe the three army friends?
2. What happens to Clitumna after Nicopolis dies?
3. Which of the Roman senators is particularly wary of Jugurtha?
4. How much time has passed from the end of chapter one to the beginning of chapter two?
5. Why does Marius decide to marry this new girl?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)