|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Publius head into a cave?
(a) He decides he needs to get away from the others for awhile.
(b) He smells the smell of snails.
(c) He wants to get out of the rain.
(d) He is ordered to explore it.
2. How does Jugurtha find out who the traitor is?
(a) He tortures a man.
(b) Rufus warns him.
(c) Metellus lets this information slip out.
(d) He sends a message to Marius.
3. Why does Marius believe it is necessary to take Jugurth's western fortress within the next month?
(a) His men will need additional supplies if it goes beyond that.
(b) It is located high on a cliff and will not be approachable later.
(c) He knows he will be recalled to Rome after that.
(d) Jugurtha will escape to a neighboring kingdom before the month is over.
4. What idea does Sulla propose to Marius?
(a) He will move to another area and start attacking the Germans.
(b) He will return to Rome to wait until the action starts.
(c) He will go back to Rome to ensure Marius is re-elected consul.
(d) He will work as a spy and infiltrate the Germans.
5. How does Sulla ensure Hercules will not tell his part in the deception?
(a) He poisons him.
(b) He threatens him.
(c) He stabs him.
(d) He throws him off of a cliff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do many of the Roman citizens fear an invasion?
2. What was Metellus implicated in?
3. What does the Senate do to try and make Caepio comply with their orders?
4. What request does Marius make of Metellus?
5. How many Roman soldiers does Marius share have been killed over the past fifteen years?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)