1. Which of the following Gods does the Julian clan claim to be a descendent of?
2. On which holiday does this novel begin?
(c) New Year's Day.
3. In what year does this novel begin?
(a) 212 A.D.
(b) 110 B.C.
(c) 500 B.C.
(d) 150 A.D.
4. Why are many Romans gathered at the temple?
(a) To watch the swearing in of new consuls.
(b) To determine the validity of ancestral claims.
(c) To elect a new leader for Rome.
(d) To make a sacrifice to the goddess.
5. At which temple are the Romans gathered?
6. What does Marius want to happen?
(a) He wants to marry a rich woman.
(b) He wants to be respected.
(c) He wants to become consul.
(d) He wants to hold a new election.
7. Which of the following is the best definition of the phrase "The First Man in Rome?"
(a) The man who represents all of the main ideas which are followed in Rome.
(b) True leader of Roman society.
(c) The only man to be allowed within the temples.
(d) Greatest among equals in Roman society.
This section contains 5,139 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)