|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mitch say he prefers to death?
2. What author does Tarrance read on the bus?
3. Who follows Abby and Ray?
4. Who plans Mitch's death?
5. Where does Abby say the files are?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tammy do once Mitch and the others have left the area?
2. How does the Firm get Mitch to the Cayman Islands?
3. Why is Tammy important to Mitch?
4. Why is Mitch happy someone steals his BMW?
5. How does the Firm remind Mitch to be careful?
6. Why does Mitch break into Avery's office?
7. What does Mitch do at the bank before joining Abby and Ray?
8. How does Mitch intend to copy as many files as possible?
9. How does Ray escape from prison?
10. Why are the police after both Ray and Mitch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what does the story's ending highlight the theme of individualism? What has happened to the characters who have worked more as a collective?
Essay Topic 2
In what way could Mitch be called a person with principles? How do Mitch's principles blind him to what is really going on? How do you think Mitch would have reacted if he hadn't found out about the Firm until after the obligatory twelve years?
Essay Topic 3
Who are the partners and how do they ensure the smooth running of the Firm? How do the partners' roles differ from the other other employees' roles?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)