|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abby tell Tarrance they have a bunch of?
2. What does Mitch say is happening on the 1st of May?
3. By what name does the Mafia know Tarry Ross?
4. How do Morolto's men get rid of the FBI?
5. How is Tarrance traveling to Chicago?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Firm remind Mitch to be careful?
2. How does Mitch manage to copy Avery's files?
3. How does Tammy entrap Avery?
4. How does the Firm get Mitch to the Cayman Islands?
5. What does Tammy do once Mitch and the others have left the area?
6. How do Mitch and Tammy swap the briefcases?
7. How does Ray deal with the Nordic man?
8. What does Abby say they want from the FBI before they hand over any documents?
9. Why is Tammy's help becoming increasingly important?
10. Describe the meeting between Tarry Ross and the Mafia.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the structure of the book.
1. How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2. Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 3
In what does the story's ending highlight the theme of individualism? What has happened to the characters who have worked more as a collective?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)