|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abby pat Tarrance's arm like?
2. What does the author describe as sickly-white?
3. What has Wayne Tarrance improved by Friday?
4. How does Ray escape?
5. What does Mitch compare DeVasher's head to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Abby fool the Firm into thinking she is going to her parents' house?
2. How does the Firm get Mitch to the Cayman Islands?
3. How do Mitch and Tammy swap the briefcases?
4. How does Mitch intend to copy as many files as possible?
5. How does Mitch try to satisfy the FBI?
6. What does Mitch say he wants from the FBI in returning for helping them uncover the Firm?
7. Why are the police after both Ray and Mitch?
8. How does Mitch meet secretly with Abby?
9. What does Mitch do instead of going to the FBI?
10. How does Ray deal with the Nordic man?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
What suggestions are there in the opening chapters that there is something wrong with the Firm? Why does the Firm think someone like Mitch will overlook any suspicions he has?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Grisham's representation of the Mafia.
1. How does Grisham represent the Mafia in the book? Why does he represent them in this way?
2. Is Grisham's representation of the Mafia accurate?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)