|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tony Verkeler's nickname?
2. When does Tammy clean the Bendini offices?
3. Why is a break-out the only option for Ray?
4. What does Mitch say is happening on the 1st of May?
5. Who has Tammy taken a job with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tarrance warn Mitch?
2. How does Tammy entrap Avery?
3. Why do both Locke and DeVasher think it is a bad idea to eliminate Mitch?
4. What does Tammy do once Mitch and the others have left the area?
5. How do Morolto's men get rid of the authorities?
6. Why are the police after both Ray and Mitch?
7. How does Mitch meet secretly with Abby?
8. How does Abby fool the Firm into thinking she is going to her parents' house?
9. Why does Mitch meet Barry Abanks in this section?
10. How do Mitch and Tammy swap the briefcases?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
In what way could Mitch be called a person with principles? How do Mitch's principles blind him to what is really going on? How do you think Mitch would have reacted if he hadn't found out about the Firm until after the obligatory twelve years?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)