|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abby do when she realizes someone is listening into their conversation?
2. What color does Mitch request for his replacement car?
3. What name does Mitch use to book one of his tickets?
4. Who has Tammy taken a job with?
5. What does Mitch do at three o'clock in the morning in the office?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Mitch and Tammy swap the briefcases?
2. How do Morolto's men get rid of the authorities?
3. Describe the meeting between Tarry Ross and the Mafia.
4. How does the Firm get Mitch to the Cayman Islands?
5. What does Tammy do once Mitch and the others have left the area?
6. Why does Mitch break into Avery's office?
7. What does Mitch say he wants from the FBI in returning for helping them uncover the Firm?
8. Why is Tammy important to Mitch?
9. Why is Tammy's help becoming increasingly important?
10. What does Abby say they want from the FBI before they hand over any documents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Grisham represent the FBI as a joke and particularly the character of Tarrance? What comment does it make about authority and the structure of societies in general?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the structure of the book.
1. How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2. Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's theme of greed.
1. In what way could Mitch be accused of being one of the novel's greediest characters?
2. How does the theme of greed fit with eighties society?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)