|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car is the Firm squatting behind and pretending it has broken down?
2. What does Mitch say he prefers to death?
3. What does the sign say on the metal door in Avery's condo?
4. What was Tammy's husband name before he changed it to Elvis?
5. How does Andy offer to help Mitch and the others escape?
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the book.
1. How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2. Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
What suggestions are there in the opening chapters that there is something wrong with the Firm? Why do the Firm think someone like Mitch will overlook any suspicions he has?
Essay Topic 3
In what does the story's ending highlight the theme of individualism? What has happened to the characters who have worked more as a collective?
This section contains 1,433 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)