|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sign say on the metal door in Avery's condo?
2. What does Abby read on the plane?
3. Who does Mitch steal ten million dollars from?
4. Who follows Abby and Ray?
5. What is Tony Verkeler's nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Morolto's men get rid of the authorities?
2. What does Tammy do once Mitch and the others have left the area?
3. What does Mitch do instead of going to the FBI?
4. What does Mitch do at the bank before joining Abby and Ray?
5. How does the Firm get Mitch to the Cayman Islands?
6. How does Mitch try to satisfy the FBI?
7. How does Mitch manage to copy Avery's files?
8. Why does Mitch break into Avery's office?
9. Why does Mitch meet Barry Abanks in this section?
10. How does Abby fool the Firm into thinking she is going to her parents' house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are the partners and how do they ensure the smooth running of the Firm? How do the partners' roles differ from the other other employees' roles?
Essay Topic 2
In what way could Mitch be called a person with principles? How do Mitch's principles blind him to what is really going on? How do you think Mitch would have reacted if he hadn't found out about the Firm until after the obligatory twelve years?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the structure of the book.
1. How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2. Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)