|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Tammy taken a job with?
2. What Highway does Abby turn north on?
3. Who plans Mitch's death?
4. Where does Mitch borrow access numbers from?
5. What has Mitch told Abanks he wants to discuss with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Andy Patric help Mitch and the others?
2. Why do both Locke and DeVasher think it is a bad idea to eliminate Mitch?
3. How does Abby fool the Firm into thinking she is going to her parents' house?
4. What does Abby say they want from the FBI before they hand over any documents?
5. How does Mitch intend to copy as many files as possible?
6. How do Morolto's men get rid of the authorities?
7. What does Tammy do once Mitch and the others have left the area?
8. Why is Mitch happy someone steals his BMW?
9. Why does Mitch meet Barry Abanks in this section?
10. How does Ray deal with the Nordic man?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of people does the Firm like to employ? Why does the Firm see these people as safe? In what way does Mitch fit into the role of perfect employee?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's theme of greed.
1. In what way could Mitch be accused of being one of the novel's greediest characters?
2. How does the theme of greed fit with eighties society?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the structure of the book.
1. How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2. Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)