|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the code name Tarrance uses to warn Mitch?
2. By what name does the Mafia know Tarry Ross?
3. What does Ross do once he receives payment from the Mafia?
4. Why is a break-out the only option for Ray?
5. What does Tarrance instruct Mitch to do as soon as he leaves the office?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Mitch and Abby cope with being watched?
2. What does Mitch do instead of going to the FBI?
3. How does Mitch try to satisfy the FBI?
4. Why is Tammy important to Mitch?
5. How does Ray escape from prison?
6. How does the Firm remind Mitch to be careful?
7. Why does Mitch break into Avery's office?
8. What does Mitch say he wants from the FBI in returning for helping them uncover the Firm?
9. How does the Morolto family keep tabs on what the FBI is up to?
10. What does Abby say they want from the FBI before they hand over any documents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Mitch not question the Firm from the beginning? What does his unquestioning attitude say about his character?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the structure of the book.
1. How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2. Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)