|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what name does the Mafia know Tarry Ross?
2. What does Tammy put into Avery's drink?
3. Who calls Tarry Ross a traitor?
4. What Highway does Abby turn north on?
5. Where is Mitch heading for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Mitch and Abby cope with being watched?
2. Why is Mitch happy someone steals his BMW?
3. Why is Tammy's help becoming increasingly important?
4. What does Mitch do instead of going to the FBI?
5. Why do both Locke and DeVasher think it is a bad idea to eliminate Mitch?
6. How does Ray escape from prison?
7. How does Mitch meet secretly with Abby?
8. How does the Morolto family keep tabs on what the FBI is up to?
9. What does Tammy do once Mitch and the others have left the area?
10. How does Ray deal with the Nordic man?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
How does Lomax's death affect the story? Why does it affect the story in this way? Are there suggestions earlier in the story that Lomax would die?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)