|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at three minutes past nine?
2. Who does Mitch instruct Tammy to contact?
3. Which of the following places are Mitch and Abby going to go scuba diving?
4. What does Abby read on the plane?
5. What does the author describe as sickly-white?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tammy get access to the basement and the fifth floor?
2. How does the Firm remind Mitch to be careful?
3. Why is Tammy's help becoming increasingly important?
4. How does Andy Patric help Mitch and the others?
5. Why do both Locke and DeVasher think it is a bad idea to eliminate Mitch?
6. How do Mitch and Tammy swap the briefcases?
7. How does Tammy entrap Avery?
8. How does Mitch try to satisfy the FBI?
9. How do Mitch and Abby cope with being watched?
10. How does Ray deal with the Nordic man?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's theme of greed.
1. In what way could Mitch be accused of being one of the novel's greediest characters?
2. How does the theme of greed fit with eighties society?
Essay Topic 2
How does the Firm assure that its employees work long hours? How does Mitch's workload start affecting his home life? Is this an accurate representation of what it is like to work for a law firm?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)