|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mitch think the companies in the two filing cabinets operate with?
2. What does Locke say the Firm has never done?
3. What is the code name Tarrance uses to warn Mitch?
4. What does Abby start to wear even when it is raining?
5. How is Tarrance traveling to Chicago?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Abby say they want from the FBI before they hand over any documents?
2. How does Mitch manage to copy Avery's files?
3. Why is Mitch happy someone steals his BMW?
4. What does Mitch say he wants from the FBI in returning for helping them uncover the Firm?
5. Why do both Locke and DeVasher think it is a bad idea to eliminate Mitch?
6. How does Mitch meet secretly with Abby?
7. Why are the police after both Ray and Mitch?
8. How does Tarrance warn Mitch?
9. Why is Tammy's help becoming increasingly important?
10. Why does Mitch break into Avery's office?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what does the story's ending highlight the theme of individualism? What has happened to the characters who have worked more as a collective?
Essay Topic 2
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)