|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at the pier with a small boat?
2. What is Lomax's old friend creating for Mitch and the others?
3. What does the author say follows Tammy to the bar?
4. Why does Mitch stay so long at the office?
5. Who follows Mitch and the others?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tammy's help becoming increasingly important?
2. What does Mitch say he wants from the FBI in returning for helping them uncover the Firm?
3. Why does Mitch break into Avery's office?
4. Why does Mitch meet Barry Abanks in this section?
5. What does Abby say they want from the FBI before they hand over any documents?
6. How does Ray escape from prison?
7. Why are the police after both Ray and Mitch?
8. How do Mitch and Tammy swap the briefcases?
9. Why is Mitch happy someone steals his BMW?
10. How does Mitch manage to copy Avery's files?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what does the story's ending highlight the theme of individualism? What has happened to the characters who have worked more as a collective?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of people does the Firm like to employ? Why does the Firm see these people as safe? In what way does Mitch fit into the role of perfect employee?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Grisham represent the FBI as a joke and particularly the character of Tarrance? What comment does it make about authority and the structure of societies in general?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)