|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mitch call from the mall?
2. Who approaches Tammy at Rumheads?
3. When does Tammy clean the Bendini offices?
4. What does Abby start to wear even when it is raining?
5. What does Tammy have access to that Mitch doesn't?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mitch do at the bank before joining Abby and Ray?
2. How does the Firm remind Mitch to be careful?
3. How does Tammy entrap Avery?
4. Why does Mitch meet Barry Abanks in this section?
5. How do Mitch and Abby cope with being watched?
6. What does Abby say they want from the FBI before they hand over any documents?
7. Why is Tammy important to Mitch?
8. Why are the police after both Ray and Mitch?
9. How does the Firm get Mitch to the Cayman Islands?
10. How does Abby fool the Firm into thinking she is going to her parents' house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of people does the Firm like to employ? Why does the Firm see these people as safe? In what way does Mitch fit into the role of perfect employee?
Essay Topic 2
What suggestions are there in the opening chapters that there is something wrong with the Firm? Why does the Firm think someone like Mitch will overlook any suspicions he has?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Grisham represent the FBI as a joke and particularly the character of Tarrance? What comment does it make about authority and the structure of societies in general?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)