|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tony Verkeler's nickname?
2. Which of the following places are Mitch and Abby going to go scuba diving?
3. Who follows Mitch and the others?
4. Where does Mitch leave his car before going to see Abby?
5. What does Mitch compare DeVasher's head to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mitch manage to copy Avery's files?
2. What does Abby say they want from the FBI before they hand over any documents?
3. What does Tammy do once Mitch and the others have left the area?
4. Why is Tammy's help becoming increasingly important?
5. How does Mitch meet secretly with Abby?
6. What does Mitch do instead of going to the FBI?
7. How does Mitch try to satisfy the FBI?
8. Why do both Locke and DeVasher think it is a bad idea to eliminate Mitch?
9. Why are the police after both Ray and Mitch?
10. How does the Firm get Mitch to the Cayman Islands?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Grisham's representation of the Mafia.
1. How does Grisham represent the Mafia in the book? Why does he represent them in this way?
2. Is Grisham's representation of the Mafia accurate?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
In what way is Avery different from the other employees working for the Firm? Why does he work for the Firm if he does not respect its rules?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)