|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 116 through 128.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the soldier do after the boy's parents are buried?
(a) Spit on the ground.
(b) Recite a long prayer.
(c) Walk away.
(d) Recite a brief prayer.
2. How do the Hessians react to the discovery of the boy's dead parents?
(a) They look more closely.
(b) They try to pull the boy away from the scene.
(c) With sympathy and compassion.
(d) With annoyance and impatience.
3. What is Jonathan afraid of as he and the Hessians rest?
(a) That they will harm him.
(b) That he will have to continue fighting battles.
(c) That they will abandon him.
(d) That he will never see home again.
4. What do the soldiers accuse the Corporal of after asking him about the men from Snydertown?
(a) Being a liar.
(b) Being a traitor.
(c) Being overly fond of killing.
(d) Being overly cautious.
5. What does the youngest Hessian look like?
(a) He is dark-skinned.
(b) He is pale and sallow.
(c) He has bright, rosy cheeks.
(d) He is tan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the American soldiers do as the Hessian soldiers come closer?
2. What type of house do Jonathan and the Hessians discover?
3. What does Jonathan learn at the campfire about the boy's family?
4. What does Jonathan fear when he sees the light after leaving the house?
5. What does Jonathan do soon after the battle with the Hessians?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)