|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 116 through 128.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Jonathan's father in the war?
(a) He was wounded in the leg.
(b) He was wounded in the arm.
(c) He was wounded in the foot.
(d) He was wounded in the shoulder.
2. How does the Corporal try to organize the men in Rocktown as the enemy approaches?
(a) In one line.
(b) In two lines.
(c) Hiding behind rocks and bushes.
(d) In three lines.
3. What does Jonathan do when he realizes that the rest of the American soldiers soldiers have left him to fight the Hessians alone?
(a) He hits the ground.
(b) He continues to fight.
(c) He shouts out for them.
(d) He runs away.
4. What signals the soldier that the enemy is on their way?
(a) A fife and drum.
(c) A battle call.
(d) A bell tolling.
5. What does Jonathan think as he and the Hessians begin walking on the road?
(a) That they have no destination in mind.
(b) That they plan to kill him.
(c) That the plan to use him for ransom.
(d) That they have a specific destination in mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan learn at the campfire about the boy's family?
2. What happens as the Americans and Hessians begin shooting at one another?
3. Where does Jonathan go to find out information about the ringing of the bell?
4. What facial feature does the tall Hessian have?
5. What is the Hessians' reputation?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)