|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 64 through 76.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who holds Pennington and Trenton at the beginning of the story?
(a) The Tories.
(b) The British and the Hessians.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The French.
2. What is Jonathan hoping as he heads toward the sound of the bell?
(a) That he will fight in a big battle.
(b) That his parents will forgive him for fighting.
(c) That he will not have to fight.
(d) That the battle will be small.
3. What promise does Jonathan make to the tavern keeper?
(a) That he'll get permission from his parents to fight.
(b) That he'll return safely from battle.
(c) That he'll pay him for the gun.
(d) That he'll return the gun.
4. What does Jonathan think would make him feel better while he and the Hessians are resting?
(a) If all the soldiers on his side had gotten away from the Hessians.
(b) If all the other Hessians had been killed.
(c) If other soldiers on his side had also been taken prisoner.
(d) If the soldiers on his side had taken Hessians prisoner.
5. What does Jonathan wonder when he and the Hessians pass the dark stain on the road?
(a) What happened to the dead bodies from the battle.
(b) Whether the blood was American or Hessian.
(c) Why he ever volunteered to take part in battle.
(d) Whether it's the same blood as the blood on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Jonathan tries to stand up when is alone after the battle?
2. What has happened to Jonathan's clothes as a result of the battle?
3. What has happened to Jonathan's shoes as a result of the battle?
4. What happens when Jonathan starts to whistle on the way to the battle?
5. What facial feature does the tall Hessian have?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)