|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 64 through 76.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why don't the soldiers trust the Corporal on the way to the battle?
(a) He keeps changing the number of men they'll be fighting.
(b) He keeps stopping to nap.
(c) He's leading them in the wrong direction.
(d) He is drunk.
2. How long is Jonathan's gun in comparison to Jonathan?
(a) Longer than he is tall.
(b) Slightly shorter than him.
(c) The same height as him.
(d) Much shorter than him.
3. What does the Corporal tell the men to do if it rains as they prepare to fight?
(a) Find a building for shelter.
(b) Take cover under a tree.
(c) Continue shooting.
(d) Keep their pans covered and dry.
4. What strikes Jonathan about the first Hessian he sees when he is alone after the battle?
(a) He seems old and feeble.
(b) He seems short and weak.
(c) He seems young and inexperienced.
(d) He seems tall and powerful.
5. Who are the Hessians in the story?
(a) The German-speaking allies of the British.
(b) The Americans' allies.
(c) The French-speaking allies of the British.
(d) The Americans' captives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan have trouble doing as the enemy approaches in Rocktown?
2. What does the youngest Hessian look like?
3. What is the Hessians' reputation?
4. How do the men respond when the Corporal tries to organize them to face the enemy?
5. What facial feature does the tall Hessian have?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)