|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 16 through 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the Tories in the story?
(a) American allies.
(b) The German-speaking allies of the British.
(c) American traitors.
(d) The British.
2. What happens when Jonathan starts to whistle on the way to the battle?
(a) Other men join him.
(b) A man gives him an angry look.
(c) The enemy hears him.
(d) The Corporal tells him to keep quiet.
3. Who is the stranger who gathers the soldiers?
(a) A sergeant.
(b) A civilian.
(c) A general.
(d) A corporal.
4. Why does Jonathan decide not to ask any more questions about the battle after talking to his father's friend?
(a) He decides he'd rather not know.
(b) He's afraid of being sent home.
(c) He doesn't trust any of the other men.
(d) He's so tired he no longer cares.
5. Where does Jonathan go to find out information about the ringing of the bell?
(a) The school.
(b) The church.
(c) The tavern.
(d) The town meeting hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan hear on the morning of April 3rd?
2. What does the tavern keeper encourage Jonathan to do?
3. From what country is the foreign man who is among the soldiers with Jonathan?
4. Who holds Pennington and Trenton at the beginning of the story?
5. What is the tavern made of?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)