|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 16 through 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonathan notice about the weather on the way to the battle?
(a) A storm is brewing.
(b) It's starting to rain.
(c) There isn't a cloud in the sky.
(d) It's getting colder.
2. What do the soldiers accuse the Corporal of after asking him about the men from Snydertown?
(a) Being overly cautious.
(b) Being overly fond of killing.
(c) Being a liar.
(d) Being a traitor.
3. Why does Jonathan decide not to ask any more questions about the battle after talking to his father's friend?
(a) He's so tired he no longer cares.
(b) He doesn't trust any of the other men.
(c) He's afraid of being sent home.
(d) He decides he'd rather not know.
4. Who are the British in the story?
(a) The Americans' captives.
(b) The Americans' enemies.
(c) The Americans' allies.
(d) The Americans' slaves.
5. Who holds Alexandria, Fleming and Well's Ferry at the beginning of the story?
(a) The Hessians.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The British.
(d) The Tories.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Corporal suggest they approach the battle?
2. What is Jonathan hoping as he heads toward the sound of the bell?
3. What promise does Jonathan make to the tavern keeper?
4. Why don't the soldiers trust the Corporal on the way to the battle?
5. What does the stranger tell Jonathan to do?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)