|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Arsenal lose the 1988 Littlewoods Cup to?
2. Who scores the goal to win the league for Arsenal?
3. What team does Arsenal play on the 19th of August 1980?
4. What team fails to win for 31 games in this section?
5. What do the football leagues ban during games?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nick buying tickets in the all-seater part of the stadium signify?
2. What does Nick find funny about his step brother's support for Arsenal?
3. How does non-league football touch Nick in this section?
4. How does Nick take comfort in Neil Kaas?
5. How does Nick's obsession with football rear its ugly head in this section?
6. How does Cambridge Utd.'s losing streak affect Nick?
7. Summarize this section.
8. Why is Nick unapologetic about hurting his friends?
9. What does Nick think is the difference between men and women?
10. What does Nick highlight about rituals in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What affect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Heysel and Hillsborough disasters affect football worldwide? How does Nick show this change in the book? How do the changes affect Nick's own character?
Essay Topic 3
In what way did Arsenal succeed in 1989? How did this success affect Nick? How does it affect the people close to him? How does this success prove a turning point in Nick's life?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)