|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nick and his friend's son forced to do when a fight breaks out behind them?
2. What does Nick do while his friends take his girlfriend to the medics?
3. What team does Nick start watching as well as Arsenal?
4. What is Hornby within walking distance of in his new North London home?
5. What does Nick say the supporters deserve after the Chelsea Arsenal game?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Hillsborough disaster affect British football?
2. Why does Hornby have to go home from Wembley in this section?
3. What happened during the Hillsborough disaster?
4. How does Nick take comfort in Neil Kaas?
5. How does non-league football touch Nick in this section?
6. What does Nick highlight about rituals in this section?
7. How does Nick's girlfriend react to watching Arsenal play?
8. How does Nick's life change when he moves to North London?
9. What does Nick find funny about his step brother's support for Arsenal?
10. How does Nick's obsession with football rear its ugly head in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way did Arsenal succeed in 1989? How did this success affect Nick? How does it affect the people close to him? How does this success prove a turning point in Nick's life?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following Arsenal players and discuss Nick's views on each one. What role do they play in Nick's life?
1. Liam Brady.
2. Malcolm MacDonald.
3. Charlie Nicholas.
4. Bob McNab.
Essay Topic 3
What do the opening chapters say about Nick's character? What problems does Nick have to get over in his life? How close is Nick's character to his character in real life?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)