|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What football team does Neil support?
2. What team does Arsenal play on the 19th of August 1980?
3. What captivates Jonathan about football?
4. What is Nick working to become at the end of this section?
5. Who do the Arsenal fans blame for the loss against Luton?
Short Essay Questions
1. How happens during the Heysel disaster?
2. What does Nick think is the difference between men and women?
3. How does non-league football touch Nick in this section?
4. Summarize this section.
5. What does Nick buying tickets in the all-seater part of the stadium signify?
6. Why does Hornby have to go home from Wembley in this section?
7. Why is Nick unapologetic about hurting his friends?
8. What does Nick find funny about his step brother's support for Arsenal?
9. What happened during the Hillsborough disaster?
10. What problems does Nick have after college?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the differences between the book and autobiography formats. What are the main elements of a book? What are the main elements of an autobiography? What can novelists express that an autobiographer cannot? How can autobiographies keep to the facts while still maintaining a level of entertainment?
Essay Topic 2
What are Nick's views on hooliganism and hooligans? Into what do his views change as the story develops?
Essay Topic 3
How does Nick suggest football in the 90s shapes his character? What games and moments does he remember and why? How does football in the 90s mirror Nick's life?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)