|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What football disaster does Nick write about in this section?
2. How does Nick describe the school he teaches at?
3. What do the football leagues ban during games?
4. Who does Nick befriend in this section?
5. What football tragedy does Nick write about in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hornby have to go home from Wembley in this section?
2. How does Cambridge Utd.'s losing streak affect Nick?
3. How does non-league football touch Nick in this section?
4. How does Nick take comfort in Neil Kaas?
5. How does Nick win a bet with his girlfriend?
6. How does Hornby foreshadow the tragedies that will happen later in the novel?
7. How does Nick's girlfriend react to watching Arsenal play?
8. What does Augustus Caesar help Nick understand about life?
9. How happens during the Heysel disaster?
10. Summarize this section.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the differences between the book and autobiography formats. What are the main elements of a book? What are the main elements of an autobiography? What can novelists express that an autobiographer cannot? How can autobiographies keep to the facts while still maintaining a level of entertainment?
Essay Topic 2
In what way do Nick's successes and failures mirror Arsenal's successes and failures? How does Nick try to distance himself from Arsenal's successes and failures?
Essay Topic 3
How does Nick's parent's divorce affect him? How does Nick use his love for Arsenal to get over his parent's divorce?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)