|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What band does Nick mention in this section?
2. Which player is Nick afraid Arsenal may sell?
3. What team fails to win for 31 games in this section?
4. What team does Arsenal play on the 19th of August 1980?
5. What role does Nick take up at his school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hornby have to go home from Wembley in this section?
2. How does Nick win a bet with his girlfriend?
3. What does Nick state is his worst fear in this section?
4. Summarize this section.
5. How did the Hillsborough disaster affect British football?
6. How does Nick's girlfriend react to watching Arsenal play?
7. How does racism at football games affect Nick?
8. Why is Nick depressed in this section?
9. Summarize this section.
10. Why is Nick unapologetic about hurting his friends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way do Nick's successes and failures mirror Arsenal's successes and failures? How does Nick try to distance himself from Arsenal's successes and failures?
Essay Topic 2
How does English football change from 1969 to 1991? What are the negative and positive aspects of this change?
Essay Topic 3
How does Nick suggest football in the 90s shapes his character? What games and moments does he remember and why? How does football in the 90s mirror Nick's life?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)