|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of company does Nick start working for in this section?
2. What does Nick realize about himself in comparison to the other Arsenal players?
3. What does Nick wish clubs did more to prevent?
4. Who do the Arsenal fans blame for the loss against Luton?
5. What football disaster does Nick write about in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Augustus Caesar help Nick understand about life?
2. Why is Nick unapologetic about hurting his friends?
3. How did the Hillsborough disaster affect British football?
4. How does Nick take comfort in Neil Kaas?
5. How does Nick win a bet with his girlfriend?
6. What does Nick think is the difference between men and women?
7. Why is Nick ashamed of his countrymen in this section?
8. What happened during the Hillsborough disaster?
9. How does Nick's girlfriend react to watching Arsenal play?
10. Why is Nick depressed in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Nick identify with Arsenal? How does Nick's obsession help him to get over difficult periods in his life? Does Nick's obsession have any negative side affects?
Essay Topic 3
What are Nick's views on hooliganism and hooligans? Into what do his views change as the story develops?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)