|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What starts disturbing Nick at football games?
2. What does Nick's girlfriend think of the experience of watching Arsenal play?
3. How does Nick describe the school he teaches at?
4. What does Nick promise himself in this section?
5. Which player is Nick afraid Arsenal may sell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the Heysel and Hillsborough disasters affect football worldwide? How does Nick show this change in the book? How do the changes affect Nick's own character?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
How does Nick suggest football in the 90s shapes his character? What games and moments does he remember and why? How does football in the 90s mirror Nick's life?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)