|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What foreign team does Arsenal play in this section?
2. What does Hornby call the Liverpool Arsenal game in 1989?
3. What competition are Liverpool and Juventus competing in?
4. What is the title of the second chapter in this section?
5. How does an Arsenal get injured after the game?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nick's obsession with football rear its ugly head in this section?
2. What happened during the Hillsborough disaster?
3. What does Nick buying tickets in the all-seater part of the stadium signify?
4. How does non-league football touch Nick in this section?
5. Summarize this section.
6. How does Nick's life change when he moves to North London?
7. What does Nick state is his worst fear in this section?
8. Why is Nick depressed in this section?
9. Why is Nick unapologetic about hurting his friends?
10. How does racism at football games affect Nick?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Nick identify with Arsenal? How does Nick's obsession help him to get over difficult periods in his life? Does Nick's obsession have any negative side affects?
Essay Topic 2
What does Nick stopping smoking at the end of the book symbolize? What does it say about Nick's character that he was such a heavy smoker?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the differences between the book and autobiography formats. What are the main elements of a book? What are the main elements of an autobiography? What can novelists express that an autobiographer cannot? How can autobiographies keep to the facts while still maintaining a level of entertainment?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)