|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nick start attending Arsenal games with when his father moves away?
2. Who escorts Nick and the other fans to the stadium in the game against Derby?
3. What kind of books can a female colleague not believe Nick reads?
4. What is Arsenal's nickname?
5. What do two boys steal from Nick when he leaves a game early?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nick dislike talking to the players?
2. How does George get into trouble in this section?
3. How does the family's dad upset Nick in this section?
4. How does Nick get closer to his father?
5. What does Nick observe at his first game for Arsenal?
6. How does Nick lose his scarf in this section?
7. Why does Nick enjoy the violence he witnesses at games?
8. Why does Nick stereotype women?
9. In what way does Nick use football to rebel against his father?
10. Why is the real reason Nick wants to leave the scout camp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of person would Nick have developed into without football? What evidence is there that he would have developed into this person?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following Arsenal players and discuss Nick's views on each one. What role do they play in Nick's life?
1. Liam Brady.
2. Malcolm MacDonald.
3. Charlie Nicholas.
4. Bob McNab.
Essay Topic 3
Why does the Heysel disaster affect Nick so deeply? Do the students think Nick is right to apologize to his Italian students? Does Nick feels a sense of guilt himself? If so, why?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)