|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What team does Arsenal play on the 17th of April?
2. What does Nick's mum like to buy him?
3. What is the name of the Arsenal player Hornby meets in this section?
4. What does Nick like doing with his dad before a game?
5. What do two boys steal from Nick when he leaves a game early?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Don Rogers?
2. How does George get into trouble in this section?
3. What does Nick think of Malcolm MacDonald?
4. In what way is the crowd different in the North Stand?
5. In what way does nick's mum support his obsession for Arsenal?
6. Why does Nick stereotype women?
7. How does Nick show his anger at his parent's divorce?
8. What are Nick's conditions for a perfect game?
9. How does Nick's first disappointment with Arsenal affect him?
10. How does Nick feel when he sees himself on television?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the differences between the book and autobiography formats. What are the main elements of a book? What are the main elements of an autobiography? What can novelists express that an autobiographer cannot? How can autobiographies keep to the facts while still maintaining a level of entertainment?
Essay Topic 2
How does Nick's parent's divorce affect him? How does Nick use his love for Arsenal to get over his parent's divorce?
Essay Topic 3
What are Nick's views on hooliganism and hooligans? Into what do his views change as the story develops?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)