Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Nick to his first football game?
2. What does Hornby say helps him to fit in at school?
3. Why is Nick feeling guilty at the beginning of this section?
4. Who is Arsenal playing the first time Hornby goes to a match?
5. What is Charlie George's punishment for making obscene gestures to the Derby fans?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nick think football helps in at this stage in his life?
2. Who is Don Rogers?
3. How does George get into trouble in this section?
4. What does Nick say he feels about himself in retrospect?
5. What does Nick find funny about his step brother's support for Arsenal?
6. Why is Nick depressed in this section?
7. What does Nick highlight about rituals in this section?
8. How does Nick's interest in football help him to fit in at school?
9. How does Nick's attitude towards football change in this section?
10. How does Nick show his anger at his parent's divorce?
Essay Topic 1
What are Nick's views on hooliganism and hooligans? Into what do his views change as the story develops?
Essay Topic 2
How does English football change from 1969 to 1991? What are the negative and positive aspects of this change?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Nick identify with Arsenal? How does Nick's obsession help him to get over difficult periods in his life? Does Nick's obsession have any negative side affects?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)