|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Nick to his first football game?
2. What is the real reason Nick wants to go home from the scout camp?
3. Which Arsenal player makes obscene gestures to the Derby fans?
4. What are Nick and his girlfriend drinking as they lie in bed?
5. Where does Nick get teased when Arsenal loses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nick say he thinks about Pele?
2. Who is Don Rogers?
3. How does Nick lose his scarf in this section?
4. In what way is the crowd different in the North Stand?
5. Why is the real reason Nick wants to leave the scout camp?
6. How does Cambridge Utd. help Nick?
7. How does Nick get closer to his father?
8. How does Nick feel when he sees himself on television?
9. Why does Nick stereotype women?
10. Why does Nick enjoy the violence he witnesses at games?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Nick's obsession with Arsenal become unhealthy? How does Nick control his obsession? In what way does Nick stopping smoking symbolize his recovery from his obsession?
Essay Topic 2
How does Nick's parent's divorce affect him? How does Nick use his love for Arsenal to get over his parent's divorce?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the differences between the book and autobiography formats. What are the main elements of a book? What are the main elements of an autobiography? What can novelists express that an autobiographer cannot? How can autobiographies keep to the facts while still maintaining a level of entertainment?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)