|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nick think he knows more than?
2. Why don't people have electricity during the replay between Derby and Arsenal?
3. What stand does Nick start watching games from when he turns 15?
4. How is Brian related to Nick?
5. What does Nick say he won for Arsenal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cambridge Utd. help Nick?
2. Why is the real reason Nick wants to leave the scout camp?
3. In what way is the crowd different in the North Stand?
4. How does Nick lose his scarf in this section?
5. How does Nick think football helps in at this stage in his life?
6. What does Nick say he feels about himself in retrospect?
7. Who is Don Rogers?
8. How does Nick get closer to his father?
9. What does Nick observe at his first game for Arsenal?
10. How does the family's dad upset Nick in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the Heysel disaster affect Nick so deeply? Do the students think Nick is right to apologize to his Italian students? Does Nick feels a sense of guilt himself? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Heysel and Hillsborough disasters affect football worldwide? How does Nick show this change in the book? How do the changes affect Nick's own character?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following Arsenal players and discuss Nick's views on each one. What role do they play in Nick's life?
1. Liam Brady.
2. Malcolm MacDonald.
3. Charlie Nicholas.
4. Bob McNab.
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)