|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nick's father forget to bring to the game against Derby?
2. What does Hornby trade with his friends?
3. What does Nick start getting interested in during this section?
4. What stand does Nick start watching games from when he turns 15?
5. What does Hornby say helps him to fit in at school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nick show his anger at his parent's divorce?
2. How does George get into trouble in this section?
3. In what way does nick's mum support his obsession for Arsenal?
4. How does this section highlight the theme of not fitting in?
5. Why is Nick grateful to his first girlfriend, Carol?
6. Who is Don Rogers?
7. Why does Nick enjoy the violence he witnesses at games?
8. How does Nick show signs of the beginnings of his obsession with Arsenal in this section?
9. What does Nick say he thinks about Pele?
10. What does Nick think of Malcolm MacDonald?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all of the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
What are Nick's views on hooliganism and hooligans? Into what do his views change as the story develops?
Essay Topic 3
In what way did Arsenal succeed in 1989? How did this success affect Nick? How does it affect the people close to him? How does this success prove a turning point in Nick's life?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)