|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Arsenal play on February the 12th?
2. Why does Nick finally accept Arsenal's continental style of playing?
3. What is the real reason Nick wants to go home from the scout camp?
4. What does Nick's father tell Nick off about at the end of the game with Swindon?
5. How does Nick describe the boys in the Schoolboy enclosure?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nick show his anger at his parent's divorce?
2. How does Nick lose his scarf in this section?
3. How does Nick show signs of the beginnings of his obsession with Arsenal in this section?
4. How does Nick get closer to his father?
5. What does Nick observe at his first game for Arsenal?
6. In what way does Nick use football to rebel against his father?
7. How does this section highlight the theme of not fitting in?
8. In what way does nick's mum support his obsession for Arsenal?
9. How does Nick's interest in football help him to fit in at school?
10. In what way is the crowd different in the North Stand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Nick's views on hooliganism and hooligans? Into what do his views change as the story develops?
Essay Topic 2
In what way did Arsenal succeed in 1989? How did this success affect Nick? How does it affect the people close to him? How does this success prove a turning point in Nick's life?
Essay Topic 3
What does Nick stopping smoking at the end of the book symbolize? What does it say about Nick's character that he was such a heavy smoker?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)