Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Nick to his first football game?
2. What does Hornby say helps him to fit in at school?
3. Why is Nick feeling guilty at the beginning of this section?
4. Who is Arsenal playing the first time Hornby goes to a match?
5. What is Charlie George's punishment for making obscene gestures to the Derby fans?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nick think football helps in at this stage in his life?
2. Who is Don Rogers?
3. How does George get into trouble in this section?
4. What does Nick say he feels about himself in retrospect?
5. What does Nick find funny about his step brother's support for Arsenal?
6. Why is Nick depressed in this section?
7. What does Nick highlight about rituals in this section?
8. How does Nick's interest in football help him to fit in at school?
9. How does Nick's attitude towards football change in this section?
10. How does Nick show his anger at his parent's divorce?
What do the following people think of Nick's obsession with Arsenal?
1. His mother.
2. His father.
3. His girlfriend.
4. His sister.
How does Nick's parent's divorce affect him? How does Nick use his love for Arsenal to get over his parent's divorce?
How does Nick's obsession with Arsenal become unhealthy? How does Nick control his obsession? In what way does Nick stopping smoking symbolize his recovery from his obsession?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)