|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Nick to his first football game?
2. How does Nick say he feels during the Arsenal Manchester City game?
3. What does Nick tell the counselors to get out of scout camp?
4. What is the name of the stadium where Arsenal plays?
5. Why don't people have electricity during the replay between Derby and Arsenal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nick dislike talking to the players?
2. What does Nick say he thinks about Pele?
3. What does Augustus Caesar help Nick understand about life?
4. How does Nick lose his scarf in this section?
5. Why does Nick enjoy the violence he witnesses at games?
6. How does Nick's obsession with football rear its ugly head in this section?
7. Why does Nick say he couldn't quit smoking before?
8. What does Nick state is his worst fear in this section?
9. How does Nick get closer to his father?
10. Why is Nick unapologetic about hurting his friends?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the differences between the book and autobiography formats. What are the main elements of a book? What are the main elements of an autobiography? What can novelists express that an autobiographer cannot? How can autobiographies keep to the facts while still maintaining a level of entertainment?
Essay Topic 2
How does Nick suggest football in the 90s shapes his character? What games and moments does he remember and why? How does football in the 90s mirror Nick's life?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Nick identify with Arsenal? How does Nick's obsession help him to get over difficult periods in his life? Does Nick's obsession have any negative side affects?
This section contains 1,295 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)