|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What national team does England play in May 1969?
2. What team does Arsenal lose against at the end of the section?
3. What is the name of the Arsenal player Hornby meets in this section?
4. What does Nick start getting interested in during this section?
5. Why does Nick think his father should support Chelsea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened during the Hillsborough disaster?
2. Summarize this section.
3. How does Nick think football helps in at this stage in his life?
4. What does Nick think of Malcolm MacDonald?
5. How does this section highlight the theme of not fitting in?
6. Summarize the book.
7. How does Nick take comfort in Neil Kaas?
8. How does Nick show signs of the beginnings of his obsession with Arsenal in this section?
9. Why is Nick depressed in this section?
10. What problems does Nick have after college?
Essay Topic 1
How did the Heysel and Hillsborough disasters affect football worldwide? How does Nick show this change in the book? How do the changes affect Nick's own character?
Essay Topic 2
How does Nick's parent's divorce affect him? How does Nick use his love for Arsenal to get over his parent's divorce?
Essay Topic 3
How does English football change from 1969 to 1991? What are the negative and positive aspects of this change?
This section contains 1,214 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)