|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Arsenal playing the first time Hornby goes to a match?
2. What is the title of the first chapter in this section?
3. What football team does Nick say his father should support?
4. At which ground does Arsenal play Stoke City?
5. What do two boys steal from Nick when he leaves a game early?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nick observe at his first game for Arsenal?
2. Why does Nick enjoy the violence he witnesses at games?
3. How does Nick show his anger at his parent's divorce?
4. How does Nick's obsession with Arsenal show signs of becoming unhealthy?
5. How does Nick get closer to his father?
6. How does this section highlight the theme of not fitting in?
7. In what way does nick's mum support his obsession for Arsenal?
8. How does George get into trouble in this section?
9. How does the family's dad upset Nick in this section?
10. What does Nick say he feels about himself in retrospect?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the Heysel and Hillsborough disasters affect football worldwide? How does Nick show this change in the book? How do the changes affect Nick's own character?
Essay Topic 2
What are Nick's views on hooliganism and hooligans? Into what do his views change as the story develops?
Essay Topic 3
In what way did Arsenal succeed in 1989? How did this success affect Nick? How does it affect the people close to him? How does this success prove a turning point in Nick's life?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)