|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nick start attending Arsenal games with when his father moves away?
2. How does Nick say he feels during the Arsenal Manchester City game?
3. Who does Nick think he knows more than?
4. How is Brian related to Nick?
5. What is Arsenal's nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does George get into trouble in this section?
2. Why does Nick stereotype women?
3. How does Nick lose his scarf in this section?
4. What does Nick think of Malcolm MacDonald?
5. What are Nick's conditions for a perfect game?
6. Why is Nick grateful to his first girlfriend, Carol?
7. In what way does nick's mum support his obsession for Arsenal?
8. How does Nick's obsession with Arsenal show signs of becoming unhealthy?
9. In what way is the crowd different in the North Stand?
10. How does Nick's first disappointment with Arsenal affect him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does English football change from 1969 to 1991? What are the negative and positive aspects of this change?
Essay Topic 2
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What affect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
How did the Heysel and Hillsborough disasters affect football worldwide? How does Nick show this change in the book? How do the changes affect Nick's own character?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)