|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What team does Arsenal lose against at the end of the section?
2. What team does Arsenal play on the fourth of November?
3. Who is regarded as the greatest player in the world in 1970?
4. What does Nick say are not funny?
5. What is the title of the second chapter in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does George get into trouble in this section?
2. How does Cambridge Utd. help Nick?
3. How does Nick cope at Cambridge University?
4. In what way does Nick use football to rebel against his father?
5. How does Nick get closer to his father?
6. How does Nick's obsession with Arsenal show signs of becoming unhealthy?
7. In what way is the crowd different in the North Stand?
8. How does Nick feel when he sees himself on television?
9. What does Nick observe at his first game for Arsenal?
10. What does Nick think of Malcolm MacDonald?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Nick identify with Arsenal? How does Nick's obsession help him to get over difficult periods in his life? Does Nick's obsession have any negative side affects?
Essay Topic 2
How does English football change from 1969 to 1991? What are the negative and positive aspects of this change?
Essay Topic 3
How does Nick's obsession with Arsenal become unhealthy? How does Nick control his obsession? In what way does Nick stopping smoking symbolize his recovery from his obsession?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)