|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nick meet for the first time in the opening chapter?
2. Why is Nick feeling guilty at the beginning of this section?
3. How does Nick know Rat?
4. What stand does Nick start watching games from when he turns 15?
5. When does Nick say he does not want to die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the family's dad upset Nick in this section?
2. How does Nick's interest in football help him to fit in at school?
3. What does Nick think of Malcolm MacDonald?
4. In what way does nick's mum support his obsession for Arsenal?
5. How does Nick think football helps in at this stage in his life?
6. How does Nick feel when he sees himself on television?
7. In what way does Nick use football to rebel against his father?
8. Why is Nick grateful to his first girlfriend, Carol?
9. Why does Nick enjoy the violence he witnesses at games?
10. How does Cambridge Utd. help Nick?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Nick's parent's divorce affect him? How does Nick use his love for Arsenal to get over his parent's divorce?
Essay Topic 2
Why does the Heysel disaster affect Nick so deeply? Do the students think Nick is right to apologize to his Italian students? Does Nick feels a sense of guilt himself? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
How did the Heysel and Hillsborough disasters affect football worldwide? How does Nick show this change in the book? How do the changes affect Nick's own character?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)