|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the stadium where Arsenal plays?
2. What team does Arsenal play on the fourth of November?
3. Which English football team does Hornby support?
4. Why does Nick feel disconnected from Arsenal's double?
5. How does Nick know Rat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nick think is the difference between men and women?
2. How does Nick feel when he sees himself on television?
3. How does Cambridge Utd. help Nick?
4. What does Nick say he feels about himself in retrospect?
5. Why is the real reason Nick wants to leave the scout camp?
6. Who is Don Rogers?
7. How does the family's dad upset Nick in this section?
8. How did the Heysel disaster affect the British game?
9. Why is Nick unapologetic about hurting his friends?
10. Why is Nick ashamed of his countrymen in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way did Arsenal succeed in 1989? How did this success affect Nick? How does it affect the people close to him? How does this success prove a turning point in Nick's life?
Essay Topic 2
What do the following people think of Nick's obsession with Arsenal?
1. His mother.
2. His father.
3. His girlfriend.
4. His sister.
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 1,216 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)