|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Nick feeling guilty at the beginning of this section?
2. Who is Arsenal playing the first time Hornby goes to a match?
3. Why does Nick spend his time working?
4. What stand does Nick start watching games from when he turns 15?
5. What does Hornby often daydream about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nick get closer to his father?
2. What are Nick's conditions for a perfect game?
3. How does Nick cope at Cambridge University?
4. How does Nick lose his scarf in this section?
5. How does the family's dad upset Nick in this section?
6. How does George get into trouble in this section?
7. What does Nick say he thinks about Pele?
8. Why does Nick stereotype women?
9. How does Cambridge Utd. help Nick?
10. Why does Nick dislike talking to the players?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Nick's parent's divorce affect him? How does Nick use his love for Arsenal to get over his parent's divorce?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Nick identify with Arsenal? How does Nick's obsession help him to get over difficult periods in his life? Does Nick's obsession have any negative side affects?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)