|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Brady play in?
2. Why do know fans ever come to Caesar's defense?
(a) He spoke out against fans in the press.
(b) He is regarded as a bad player.
(c) He is moving away from the club.
(d) He is a bad person.
3. Who does Cambridge Utd. play on the fourth of November 1978?
(a) Oxford Utd.
(b) Grimsby Town.
(d) Leyton Orient.
4. Who do the Arsenal fans blame for the loss against Luton?
(a) Steve Bould.
(b) Gus Caesar.
(c) Alan Smith.
(d) Nigel Winterburn.
5. Which of Nick's friends is even more fanatical about football than Nick?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Nick and Jonathan for the game against Brighton?
2. What is Nick and his friend's son forced to do when a fight breaks out behind them?
3. What football disaster does Nick write about in this section?
4. What country does England play in this section?
5. What is the title of the opening chapter of this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Nick have after college?
2. How does Nick's obsession with Arsenal affect him in the workplace?
3. Why is Nick depressed in this section?
4. How does Cambridge Utd.'s losing streak affect Nick?
5. How does Nick's obsession with football rear its ugly head in this section?
6. How does Hornby foreshadow the tragedies that will happen later in the novel?
7. What does Nick state is his worst fear in this section?
8. How does Nick's girlfriend react to watching Arsenal play?
9. How did the Heysel disaster affect the British game?
10. What happened during the Hillsborough disaster?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)