|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Nick's friends is even more fanatical about football than Nick?
2. What language does Nick teach in London?
3. Who do the Arsenal fans blame for the loss against Luton?
(a) Alan Smith.
(b) Nigel Winterburn.
(c) Steve Bould.
(d) Gus Caesar.
4. Who does Nick apologize on behalf of in this section?
(a) Arsenal fans.
(b) Liverpool fans.
(c) Juventus fans.
(d) England fans.
5. What does Nick's family have to consult him about before planning any important events?
(a) His drinking schedule.
(b) His football schedule.
(c) His writing schedule.
(d) His mood swings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nick working to become at the end of this section?
2. How does Nick describe the school he teaches at?
3. What does Nick think he no longer needs to bring himself closer to his father?
4. What is the name of Nick's half-brother?
5. Who does Nick attend the Coventry game with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nick win a bet with his girlfriend?
2. What does Nick buying tickets in the all-seater part of the stadium signify?
3. What problems does Nick have after college?
4. How does Nick get though the heartache of splitting up with his girlfriend?
5. Summarize this section.
6. How did the Heysel disaster affect the British game?
7. Why is Nick depressed in this section?
8. How does Nick take comfort in Neil Kaas?
9. Why is Nick ashamed of his countrymen in this section?
10. How happens during the Heysel disaster?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)