|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nick attend the Coventry game with?
2. What does Nick's family have to consult him about before planning any important events?
(a) His writing schedule.
(b) His football schedule.
(c) His drinking schedule.
(d) His mood swings.
3. Which of Nick's friends is even more fanatical about football than Nick?
4. What team does Arsenal play on the twenty second of August, 1989?
(b) Bristol City.
5. Who joins Arsenal at the same time Nick quits his teaching job?
(a) Charlie Nicholas.
(b) Alan Smith.
(c) Ian Wright.
(d) Martin Keown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nick say he is not afraid of the situation at the Arsenal Southampton game?
2. What football team does Pete support?
3. What part of London does Hornby move to?
4. Who joins Nick and Jonathan for the game against Brighton?
5. What is the name of Nick's half-brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hornby foreshadow the tragedies that will happen later in the novel?
2. What does Nick highlight about rituals in this section?
3. Summarize this section.
4. How does Nick get though the heartache of splitting up with his girlfriend?
5. Summarize this section.
6. What does Nick state is his worst fear in this section?
7. How does Nick's obsession with football rear its ugly head in this section?
8. How does Nick win a bet with his girlfriend?
9. Why is Nick unapologetic about hurting his friends?
10. How happens during the Heysel disaster?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)