|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What starts disturbing Nick at football games?
(a) People throwing objects.
(b) Violent conduct.
(c) Kids swearing.
(d) People screaming racial abuse.
2. Who is Nick afraid his future son will end up supporting?
(d) West Ham.
3. What section does Nick buy season tickets for?
(a) The South Stand.
(b) The North Stand.
(c) The standing section.
(d) The seated section.
4. How does Nick describe the school he teaches at?
5. What football tragedy does Nick write about in this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Liverpool supporters throw onto the pitch to taunt Arsenal's black players?
2. What team does Arsenal play on the twenty second of August, 1989?
3. What happens at the Arsenal Southampton game?
4. What kind of company does Nick start working for in this section?
5. At what ground does Arsenal play the FA Cup final?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nick's obsession with Arsenal affect him in the workplace?
2. What does Nick buying tickets in the all-seater part of the stadium signify?
3. How does Hornby foreshadow the tragedies that will happen later in the novel?
4. How does racism at football games affect Nick?
5. What happened during the Hillsborough disaster?
6. How does Nick take comfort in Neil Kaas?
7. Why is Nick depressed in this section?
8. What does Nick find funny about his step brother's support for Arsenal?
9. What does Nick think is the difference between men and women?
10. How happens during the Heysel disaster?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)