|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nick's friend do with the sugar mouse after he drops it in the road?
(a) He stamps on it.
(b) He kicks it.
(c) He eats it.
(d) He sits on it.
2. What section does Nick buy season tickets for?
(a) The standing section.
(b) The North Stand.
(c) The South Stand.
(d) The seated section.
3. What team does Arsenal play on the twenty second of August, 1989?
(c) Bristol City.
4. What does Nick realize about himself in comparison to the other Arsenal players?
(a) He has less money than most of them.
(b) He is older than most of them.
(c) He is more intelligent than most of them.
(d) He is more talented than most of them.
5. How does Nick describe the school he teaches at?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the government change football stadiums to make them safer?
2. Why do know fans ever come to Caesar's defense?
3. What football team does Pete support?
4. Who scores the goal to win the league for Arsenal?
5. What country does England play in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nick win a bet with his girlfriend?
2. How does Nick's life change when he moves to North London?
3. How does Hornby foreshadow the tragedies that will happen later in the novel?
4. What problems does Nick have after college?
5. What happened during the Hillsborough disaster?
6. What does Nick state is his worst fear in this section?
7. How does non-league football touch Nick in this section?
8. How does Nick's obsession with football rear its ugly head in this section?
9. How did the Heysel disaster affect the British game?
10. Why is Nick ashamed of his countrymen in this section?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)