|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Nick teach in London?
2. What does Nick's family have to consult him about before planning any important events?
(a) His writing schedule.
(b) His mood swings.
(c) His drinking schedule.
(d) His football schedule.
3. Who scores Luton's winning goal in the cup final?
(a) Brian Stein.
(b) David Gray.
(c) Kingsley Black.
(d) Lars Elstrup.
4. What competition are Liverpool and Juventus competing in?
(a) The UEFA Cup.
(b) The Cup Winners Cup.
(c) The European Cup.
(d) The Super Cup.
5. What football disaster does Nick write about in this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. What team fails to win for 31 games in this section?
2. What is the name of Arsenal's new manager?
3. Who does Arsenal lose to in the 1978 FA Cup final?
4. In which country is the Heysel stadium?
5. Who does Nick befriend in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hornby foreshadow the tragedies that will happen later in the novel?
2. How does Nick's life change when he moves to North London?
3. How did the Hillsborough disaster affect British football?
4. What does Nick highlight about rituals in this section?
5. Why does Hornby have to go home from Wembley in this section?
6. Why is Nick unapologetic about hurting his friends?
7. What problems does Nick have after college?
8. What happened during the Hillsborough disaster?
9. How does Nick's obsession with football rear its ugly head in this section?
10. How does Nick's girlfriend react to watching Arsenal play?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)