|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nick's friend do with the sugar mouse after he drops it in the road?
(a) He stamps on it.
(b) He eats it.
(c) He kicks it.
(d) He sits on it.
2. What do Nick and his friends start dropping in the road before each Cambridge game?
(a) A sugar mouse.
(b) An icecream.
(c) A cola candy.
(d) A lollipop.
3. What football team does Neil support?
4. What football team does Pete support?
(a) West Ham.
5. What is the title of the opening chapter of this section?
(a) Boys and Girls.
(b) The Horror Returns.
(c) Just Like a Woman.
(d) Sugar Mice and Buzzcock Albums.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Arsenal lose the 1988 Littlewoods Cup to?
2. What does Nick force his girlfriend to admit after he sulks after a game?
3. What country does England play in this section?
4. What is Hornby within walking distance of in his new North London home?
5. What captivates Jonathan about football?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nick think is the difference between men and women?
2. How does Nick win a bet with his girlfriend?
3. What does Nick highlight about rituals in this section?
4. Summarize this section.
5. How does Cambridge Utd.'s losing streak affect Nick?
6. Why is Nick depressed in this section?
7. What does Nick find funny about his step brother's support for Arsenal?
8. Why does Hornby have to go home from Wembley in this section?
9. How did the Heysel disaster affect the British game?
10. How does Nick's obsession with football rear its ugly head in this section?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)