|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What football team does Pete support?
(c) West Ham.
2. What does Nick say the supporters deserve after the Chelsea Arsenal game?
(a) Life membership.
(b) A medal.
(c) A refund.
(d) Free season tickets.
3. What happens at the Arsenal Southampton game?
(a) Violence breaks out.
(b) Someone kills himself.
(c) They run out of beer.
(d) There is a crush of people.
4. What is Nick working to become at the end of this section?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A pianist.
(c) A stockbroker.
(d) A writer.
5. What foreign team does Arsenal play in this section?
(c) CSKA Moscow.
(d) AC Milan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nick describe the school he teaches at?
2. Who does Nick befriend in this section?
3. What team does Arsenal play on the twenty second of August, 1989?
4. What team does Arsenal play on the nineteenth of August 1987?
5. What part of his body does Nick injure in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Nick have after college?
2. Summarize this section.
3. How does Nick win a bet with his girlfriend?
4. Summarize this section.
5. How did the Hillsborough disaster affect British football?
6. What does Nick find funny about his step brother's support for Arsenal?
7. How does racism at football games affect Nick?
8. How does Nick's life change when he moves to North London?
9. What does Nick highlight about rituals in this section?
10. Why is Nick depressed in this section?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)