|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Nick teach in London?
2. What has Nick's mother named her two cats after?
(b) Cricket players.
(c) Movie stars.
(d) Football players.
3. Why do know fans ever come to Caesar's defense?
(a) He is a bad person.
(b) He is regarded as a bad player.
(c) He spoke out against fans in the press.
(d) He is moving away from the club.
4. What does Hornby call the Liverpool Arsenal game in 1989?
(a) The greatest game ever.
(b) The Michael Thomas wonder.
(c) The scariest game of his life.
(d) The heart attack.
5. What team fails to win for 31 games in this section?
(b) Nottingham Forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Arsenal at the same time Nick quits his teaching job?
2. What part of his body does Nick injure in this section?
3. Who do the Arsenal fans blame for the loss against Luton?
4. What is the name of Arsenal's new manager?
5. What does Nick's family have to consult him about before planning any important events?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Nick depressed in this section?
2. Why is Nick unapologetic about hurting his friends?
3. What does Nick highlight about rituals in this section?
4. How does Nick's girlfriend react to watching Arsenal play?
5. What problems does Nick have after college?
6. What does Nick buying tickets in the all-seater part of the stadium signify?
7. How did the Hillsborough disaster affect British football?
8. How does Nick's life change when he moves to North London?
9. What does Nick state is his worst fear in this section?
10. How happens during the Heysel disaster?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)