|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nick do while his friends take his girlfriend to the medics?
(a) Breaks down.
(b) Calls the girl's mother.
(c) Calls his mother.
(d) Stays at the game.
2. Who does Nick attend the Coventry game with?
3. What is the name of Arsenal's new manager?
(a) George Graham.
(b) Liam Lawrence.
(c) Arsene Wenger.
(d) Bruce Rioch.
4. What does Nick force his girlfriend to admit after he sulks after a game?
(a) It's only a game.
(b) Football is more important than life.
(c) He is an obsessive.
(d) Arsenal is the best team in the country.
5. Who scores Luton's winning goal in the cup final?
(a) Brian Stein.
(b) David Gray.
(c) Lars Elstrup.
(d) Kingsley Black.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Nick teach in London?
2. What does Nick say he cheers during the West Ham Arsenal game?
3. How does the government change football stadiums to make them safer?
4. What does Nick say the supporters deserve after the Chelsea Arsenal game?
5. What is Nick working to become at the end of this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize this section.
2. How does Hornby foreshadow the tragedies that will happen later in the novel?
3. How does Cambridge Utd.'s losing streak affect Nick?
4. How does non-league football touch Nick in this section?
5. How does Nick get though the heartache of splitting up with his girlfriend?
6. How does Nick's obsession with football rear its ugly head in this section?
7. What does Nick buying tickets in the all-seater part of the stadium signify?
8. How does racism at football games affect Nick?
9. How does Nick's life change when he moves to North London?
10. How happens during the Heysel disaster?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)