|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which set of fans does Nick say people love?
(c) Aston Villa.
(d) West Ham.
2. What does Nick wish clubs did more to prevent?
3. What does Nick's girlfriend think of the experience of watching Arsenal play?
4. At what ground does Arsenal play the FA Cup final?
(d) Villa Park.
5. What is the title of the second chapter in this section?
(a) My Brother.
(b) Same Old Arsenal.
(c) A Trivial Pursuit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Nick afraid his future son will end up supporting?
2. Why does Nick say he is not afraid of the situation at the Arsenal Southampton game?
3. Who does Arsenal lose the 1988 Littlewoods Cup to?
4. What does Nick say the supporters deserve after the Chelsea Arsenal game?
5. What team does Arsenal play on the 19th of August 1980?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Hillsborough disaster affect British football?
2. How does Nick get though the heartache of splitting up with his girlfriend?
3. How does non-league football touch Nick in this section?
4. What does Nick state is his worst fear in this section?
5. How does Cambridge Utd.'s losing streak affect Nick?
6. Why is Nick ashamed of his countrymen in this section?
7. How does Nick's girlfriend react to watching Arsenal play?
8. Summarize this section.
9. How does Nick take comfort in Neil Kaas?
10. How does Hornby foreshadow the tragedies that will happen later in the novel?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)