|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nick's father tell Nick off about at the end of the game with Swindon?
(c) Bad sportsmanship.
(d) A lack of humor.
2. Why does Nick finally accept Arsenal's continental style of playing?
(a) They are winning.
(b) They are hard to break down.
(c) It is good to watch.
(d) He has no coice.
3. Why don't people have electricity during the replay between Derby and Arsenal?
(a) Someone has cut the main cable.
(b) There is a power worker's strike.
(c) People are saving money.
(d) There are problems with the electricty board.
4. How does Nick say he feels during the Arsenal Manchester City game?
5. Who does Nick start attending Arsenal games with when his father moves away?
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What team is labeled boring?
2. What is the title of the third chapter of this section?
3. Who is regarded as the greatest player in the world in 1970?
4. What does Nick's father forget to bring to the game against Derby?
5. What two trophies does Arsenal win in 1971?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the family's dad upset Nick in this section?
2. What does Nick say he thinks about Pele?
3. What does Nick think of Malcolm MacDonald?
4. How does Cambridge Utd. help Nick?
5. How does this section highlight the theme of not fitting in?
6. How does Nick think football helps in at this stage in his life?
7. In what way does nick's mum support his obsession for Arsenal?
8. Why is the real reason Nick wants to leave the scout camp?
9. In what way does Nick use football to rebel against his father?
10. Why is Nick grateful to his first girlfriend, Carol?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)