|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do two boys steal from Nick when he leaves a game early?
(a) A hat.
(b) A sweat band.
(c) A t-shirt.
(d) A scarf.
2. In which competition does Arsenal play Swindon Town?
(a) The League Cup.
(b) The FA Cup.
(c) The First Division.
(d) The Charity Shield.
3. Which English football team does Hornby support?
(a) Manchester Utd.
(d) Tottenhan Hotspur.
4. What is the real reason Nick wants to go home from the scout camp?
(a) He misses his mother and sister.
(b) He wants to watch Arsenal.
(c) He wants to play with his friends.
(d) He wants to buy a new bike.
5. Why does Nick spend his time working?
(a) To feed his drug habit.
(b) To save money for an Arsenal season ticket.
(c) To save money to take girls out.
(d) To buy all the latest novels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the famous player Arsenal buys in 1976?
2. What team does Arsenal play on the 17th of April?
3. What does Nick say he won for Arsenal?
4. How does Nick feel when his mother leaves him a note about Arsenal losing a game?
5. Who takes Nick to his first football game?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the real reason Nick wants to leave the scout camp?
2. How does Cambridge Utd. help Nick?
3. What are Nick's conditions for a perfect game?
4. What does Nick say he thinks about Pele?
5. What does Nick say he feels about himself in retrospect?
6. How does Nick's interest in football help him to fit in at school?
7. Why is Nick grateful to his first girlfriend, Carol?
8. How does Nick's obsession with Arsenal show signs of becoming unhealthy?
9. How does George get into trouble in this section?
10. What does Nick think of Malcolm MacDonald?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)