|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who chases Nick and other fans to the train station?
(a) Brian Clough.
(b) The police.
(c) Derby players.
(d) Derby fans.
2. What is the name of the Arsenal player Hornby meets in this section?
(a) Charlie George.
(b) Bob Monkhouse.
(c) Bob McNab.
(d) Liam Brady.
3. What does Nick's mum like to buy him?
(a) Football kits.
(c) Football tickets.
(d) Football programs.
4. What kind of style of football does Hornby say Arsenal starts playing?
(a) A one touch style.
(b) A long ball style.
(c) A continental style.
(d) A counter attacking style.
5. How does Nick say he takes each of Arsenal's wins or losses?
(a) On the chin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nick feel disconnected from Arsenal's double?
2. Who do the fans frighten on the way to the game against Derby?
3. Which Arsenal player makes obscene gestures to the Derby fans?
4. What is the name of Nick's girlfriend in this section?
5. What does Nick's father tell Nick off about at the end of the game with Swindon?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is the crowd different in the North Stand?
2. How does Nick feel when he sees himself on television?
3. Why does Nick dislike talking to the players?
4. How does Nick think football helps in at this stage in his life?
5. How does this section highlight the theme of not fitting in?
6. What does Nick observe at his first game for Arsenal?
7. Who is Don Rogers?
8. How does George get into trouble in this section?
9. How does Nick's first disappointment with Arsenal affect him?
10. How does Nick lose his scarf in this section?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)