|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nick start attending Arsenal games with when his father moves away?
(d) His mother.
2. What team does Arsenal play on the fourth of November?
3. Which English football team does Hornby support?
(b) Tottenhan Hotspur.
(d) Manchester Utd.
4. Why don't people have electricity during the replay between Derby and Arsenal?
(a) There are problems with the electricty board.
(b) Someone has cut the main cable.
(c) There is a power worker's strike.
(d) People are saving money.
5. What is the name of Nick's girlfriend in this section?
(a) Denise Thrower.
(b) Lucy Hankers.
(c) Esther Benson.
(d) Carol Blackburn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Nick and his girlfriend drinking as they lie in bed?
2. Where does the man die?
3. What does Nick start getting interested in during this section?
4. How does Nick say he takes each of Arsenal's wins or losses?
5. Where do the family Nick speaks to at the Reading game think he is from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Don Rogers?
2. What does Nick say he thinks about Pele?
3. How does Nick's interest in football help him to fit in at school?
4. How does Nick get closer to his father?
5. Why does Nick dislike talking to the players?
6. In what way does nick's mum support his obsession for Arsenal?
7. How does Nick show his anger at his parent's divorce?
8. How does Nick show signs of the beginnings of his obsession with Arsenal in this section?
9. How does this section highlight the theme of not fitting in?
10. In what way is the crowd different in the North Stand?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)