|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the man die?
(a) On the street.
(b) On a bus.
(c) In the stadium.
(d) On a train.
2. What does Nick he does not learn to do at games until he is much older?
3. Who is regarded as the greatest player in the world in 1970?
(a) Bobby Charlton.
(c) George Best.
4. What does Nick like doing with his dad before a game?
(a) Playing pool.
(b) Playing table football.
(c) Having a beer.
(d) Eating luch.
5. What major event in Hornby's life happens just after his eleventh birthday?
(a) He contracts polio.
(b) He gets drunk.
(c) He goes to his first football game.
(d) His parents divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of style of football does Hornby say Arsenal starts playing?
2. How is Brian related to Nick?
3. When does Nick say he does not want to die?
4. What team does Arsenal play on the fourteenth of October?
5. Who does Nick start attending Arsenal games with when his father moves away?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is the crowd different in the North Stand?
2. In what way does nick's mum support his obsession for Arsenal?
3. What does Nick say he thinks about Pele?
4. How does the family's dad upset Nick in this section?
5. How does Nick show his anger at his parent's divorce?
6. How does Nick's obsession with Arsenal show signs of becoming unhealthy?
7. Why is Nick grateful to his first girlfriend, Carol?
8. What does Nick say he feels about himself in retrospect?
9. Why does Nick stereotype women?
10. How does Nick feel when he sees himself on television?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)