|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excites Nick about the Arsenal Southampton game?
(a) Arsenal need one point to win the league.
(b) Arsenal has a new signing.
(c) He is on camera.
(d) Kevin Keegan is playing.
2. What team is labeled boring?
3. What is the name of the Arsenal player Hornby meets in this section?
(a) Bob McNab.
(b) Liam Brady.
(c) Charlie George.
(d) Bob Monkhouse.
4. What does Nick say he enjoys being thought of as?
(a) A hooligan.
(b) A fan.
(c) A professional footballer.
(d) A Londoner.
5. What is the name of the famous player Arsenal buys in 1976?
(a) Malcolm Macdonald.
(b) George Graham.
(c) Liam Brady.
(d) Charlie Nicolas.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nick feel when his mother leaves him a note about Arsenal losing a game?
2. Who escorts Nick and the other fans to the stadium in the game against Derby?
3. Why is Nick feeling guilty at the beginning of this section?
4. What is the name of Nick's girlfriend in this section?
5. In which competition does Arsenal play Swindon Town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nick stereotype women?
2. Why does Nick dislike talking to the players?
3. In what way does nick's mum support his obsession for Arsenal?
4. How does Nick's first disappointment with Arsenal affect him?
5. How does Nick's interest in football help him to fit in at school?
6. What are Nick's conditions for a perfect game?
7. Why is Nick grateful to his first girlfriend, Carol?
8. In what way is the crowd different in the North Stand?
9. Who is Don Rogers?
10. How does Cambridge Utd. help Nick?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)