|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hornby say helps him to fit in at school?
(a) His footballing abilities.
(b) His love of music.
(c) His love of football.
(d) His sense of humor.
2. What team does Arsenal lose against at the end of the section?
(a) West Ham.
(b) Tottenham Hotspur.
3. What are Nick and his girlfriend drinking as they lie in bed?
4. Why don't people have electricity during the replay between Derby and Arsenal?
(a) There are problems with the electricty board.
(b) Someone has cut the main cable.
(c) People are saving money.
(d) There is a power worker's strike.
5. What does Nick say are not funny?
(b) Manic behaviors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two trophies does Arsenal win in 1971?
2. Why does Nick finally accept Arsenal's continental style of playing?
3. Who does Nick think he knows more than?
4. What role does Nick say he is playing at home?
5. Why is Nick feeling guilty at the beginning of this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nick enjoy the violence he witnesses at games?
2. How does Nick's first disappointment with Arsenal affect him?
3. How does Cambridge Utd. help Nick?
4. In what way does nick's mum support his obsession for Arsenal?
5. Why is Nick grateful to his first girlfriend, Carol?
6. What does Nick say he feels about himself in retrospect?
7. Why is the real reason Nick wants to leave the scout camp?
8. What does Nick observe at his first game for Arsenal?
9. Why does Nick dislike talking to the players?
10. How does Nick think football helps in at this stage in his life?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)