|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nick's father tell Nick off about at the end of the game with Swindon?
(a) Bad sportsmanship.
(b) A lack of humor.
2. What stand does Nick start watching games from when he turns 15?
(a) The East Bank.
(b) The South Bank.
(c) The West Bank.
(d) The North Bank.
3. What does Nick say he enjoys being thought of as?
(a) A professional footballer.
(b) A hooligan.
(c) A fan.
(d) A Londoner.
4. What is the name of the Arsenal player Hornby meets in this section?
(a) Bob Monkhouse.
(b) Liam Brady.
(c) Bob McNab.
(d) Charlie George.
5. Why is Nick feeling guilty at the beginning of this section?
(a) His father does not like Arsenal.
(b) He is having thoughts about a girl.
(c) He stole some football stickers.
(d) He swore at an opposing player.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hornby often daydream about?
2. Why does Nick feel disconnected from Arsenal's double?
3. Who is Arsenal playing the first time Hornby goes to a match?
4. How is Brian related to Nick?
5. Why don't people have electricity during the replay between Derby and Arsenal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nick get closer to his father?
2. What does Nick say he feels about himself in retrospect?
3. How does Nick think football helps in at this stage in his life?
4. How does Nick show signs of the beginnings of his obsession with Arsenal in this section?
5. In what way does nick's mum support his obsession for Arsenal?
6. What are Nick's conditions for a perfect game?
7. How does Nick's first disappointment with Arsenal affect him?
8. What does Nick observe at his first game for Arsenal?
9. In what way is the crowd different in the North Stand?
10. How does Cambridge Utd. help Nick?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)