|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nick say he won for Arsenal?
(a) The FA Cup.
(b) The double.
(c) The European Cup.
(d) The UEFA Cup.
2. What does Nick see for the first time in A Matter of Life and Death?
(a) A heart attack victim.
(b) A dead body.
(c) A seizure.
(d) A car accident.
3. Why does Nick think his father should support Chelsea?
(a) They are a cup team.
(b) They are closer to him.
(c) They are winners.
(d) They are flamboyant.
4. What does Nick's father forget to bring to the game against Derby?
(a) His gloves.
(b) His scarf.
(c) His coat.
(d) His wallet.
5. At which ground does Arsenal play Stoke City?
(a) Villa Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excites Nick about the Arsenal Southampton game?
2. Who is regarded as the greatest player in the world in 1970?
3. Who chases Nick and other fans to the train station?
4. How does Nick know Rat?
5. What does Nick say Carol gave him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nick's first disappointment with Arsenal affect him?
2. What are Nick's conditions for a perfect game?
3. In what way does nick's mum support his obsession for Arsenal?
4. How does Nick think football helps in at this stage in his life?
5. Why does Nick enjoy the violence he witnesses at games?
6. What does Nick observe at his first game for Arsenal?
7. In what way is the crowd different in the North Stand?
8. How does Nick's obsession with Arsenal show signs of becoming unhealthy?
9. How does Nick get closer to his father?
10. How does Nick show his anger at his parent's divorce?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)