|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do two boys steal from Nick when he leaves a game early?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A hat.
(c) A t-shirt.
(d) A sweat band.
2. What football team does Nick say his father should support?
(c) West Ham.
3. Who escorts Nick and the other fans to the stadium in the game against Derby?
(a) The police.
(b) The stewards.
(c) Charlie George.
(d) Brian Clough.
4. Why does Nick finally accept Arsenal's continental style of playing?
(a) They are winning.
(b) It is good to watch.
(c) They are hard to break down.
(d) He has no coice.
5. Why does Nick spend his time working?
(a) To buy all the latest novels.
(b) To feed his drug habit.
(c) To save money for an Arsenal season ticket.
(d) To save money to take girls out.
Short Answer Questions
1. At which ground does Arsenal play Stoke City?
2. What team does Arsenal lose against at the end of the section?
3. Where does the man die?
4. What does Hornby trade with his friends?
5. Which English football team does Hornby support?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the family's dad upset Nick in this section?
2. How does Nick think football helps in at this stage in his life?
3. Who is Don Rogers?
4. How does Nick lose his scarf in this section?
5. How does Nick's obsession with Arsenal show signs of becoming unhealthy?
6. How does Nick's first disappointment with Arsenal affect him?
7. How does Nick feel when he sees himself on television?
8. Why is the real reason Nick wants to leave the scout camp?
9. Why does Nick enjoy the violence he witnesses at games?
10. What does Nick observe at his first game for Arsenal?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)