|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What national team does England play in May 1969?
(b) Northern Ireland.
(d) Republic of Ireland.
2. What is the title of the second chapter in this section?
(b) My Second Childhood.
(c) Goodbye to All That.
(d) A Fourth Division Town.
3. Who escorts Nick and the other fans to the stadium in the game against Derby?
(a) The stewards.
(b) Brian Clough.
(c) Charlie George.
(d) The police.
4. Who does the father think Nick should support?
(a) The best team.
(b) The team nearest him.
(c) A northern team.
(d) The national team.
5. What kind of books can a female colleague not believe Nick reads?
(a) Football books.
(b) Feminist novels.
(c) American literature.
(d) Children's books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Brian's son?
2. Why is Nick feeling guilty at the beginning of this section?
3. What does Nick like doing with his dad before a game?
4. What is the name of the enclosure Rat and Nick stand in?
5. What does Nick start getting interested in during this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nick dislike talking to the players?
2. How does Nick feel when he sees himself on television?
3. How does Nick's interest in football help him to fit in at school?
4. How does the family's dad upset Nick in this section?
5. Why does Nick stereotype women?
6. How does George get into trouble in this section?
7. Who is Don Rogers?
8. In what way is the crowd different in the North Stand?
9. How does Nick's first disappointment with Arsenal affect him?
10. How does Cambridge Utd. help Nick?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)