|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nick say he won for Arsenal?
(a) The UEFA Cup.
(b) The double.
(c) The FA Cup.
(d) The European Cup.
2. What is the name of Nick's girlfriend in this section?
(a) Esther Benson.
(b) Carol Blackburn.
(c) Lucy Hankers.
(d) Denise Thrower.
3. What team is labeled boring?
4. What does Hornby say helps him to fit in at school?
(a) His sense of humor.
(b) His love of music.
(c) His love of football.
(d) His footballing abilities.
5. What does Nick's father tell Nick off about at the end of the game with Swindon?
(b) Bad sportsmanship.
(c) A lack of humor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Nick feeling guilty at the beginning of this section?
2. Why don't people have electricity during the replay between Derby and Arsenal?
3. What do two boys steal from Nick when he leaves a game early?
4. Who does Nick think he knows more than?
5. What is the name of the Arsenal player Hornby meets in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Nick unapologetic about hurting his friends?
2. How does Nick cope at Cambridge University?
3. How does racism at football games affect Nick?
4. What are Nick's conditions for a perfect game?
5. Why does Nick say he couldn't quit smoking before?
6. Why is the 1989 game against Liverpool so important?
7. What does Nick think is the difference between men and women?
8. What does Nick highlight about rituals in this section?
9. In what way does Nick use football to rebel against his father?
10. How does Cambridge Utd.'s losing streak affect Nick?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)