|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Nick's girlfriend in this section?
(a) Carol Blackburn.
(b) Lucy Hankers.
(c) Esther Benson.
(d) Denise Thrower.
2. What national team does England play in May 1969?
(c) Northern Ireland.
(d) Republic of Ireland.
3. Which Arsenal player makes obscene gestures to the Derby fans?
(a) Liam Brady.
(b) George Graham.
(c) Charlie George.
(d) Charlie Nicholas.
4. Who does Arsenal play on February the 12th?
(c) Manchester Utd.
5. What stand does Nick start watching games from when he turns 15?
(a) The South Bank.
(b) The East Bank.
(c) The West Bank.
(d) The North Bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the stadium where Arsenal plays?
2. Why does Nick think his father should support Chelsea?
3. Who does the father think Nick should support?
4. What is the name of the enclosure Rat and Nick stand in?
5. What does Nick see for the first time in A Matter of Life and Death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does non-league football touch Nick in this section?
2. Why is Nick grateful to his first girlfriend, Carol?
3. What does Augustus Caesar help Nick understand about life?
4. Why is Nick depressed in this section?
5. How does Cambridge Utd.'s losing streak affect Nick?
6. How does Nick's obsession with Arsenal show signs of becoming unhealthy?
7. Why is the real reason Nick wants to leave the scout camp?
8. How does Nick's life change when he moves to North London?
9. Why does Nick enjoy the violence he witnesses at games?
10. What does Nick say he feels about himself in retrospect?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)