|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What team is Arsenal about to play when Nick's girlfriend dumps him?
(a) Aston Villa.
2. What does Nick say he enjoys being thought of as?
(a) A Londoner.
(b) A fan.
(c) A hooligan.
(d) A professional footballer.
3. When does Nick say he does not want to die?
(a) At half-time.
(b) Before a game.
(c) During a game.
(d) After a game.
4. What is the title of the third chapter of this section?
(a) A Fourth Division Town.
(c) Goodbye to All that.
(d) My Second Childhood.
5. Who does Nick meet for the first time in the opening chapter?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His stepmother.
(c) His step father.
(d) His aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nick describe the boys in the Schoolboy enclosure?
2. What does Nick tell the counselors to get out of scout camp?
3. Why is Nick feeling guilty at the beginning of this section?
4. Who does the father think Nick should support?
5. What does Nick he does not learn to do at games until he is much older?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does nick's mum support his obsession for Arsenal?
2. Who is Don Rogers?
3. Why is the real reason Nick wants to leave the scout camp?
4. How does Nick get closer to his father?
5. How does the family's dad upset Nick in this section?
6. How does George get into trouble in this section?
7. What does Nick observe at his first game for Arsenal?
8. What does Nick think of Malcolm MacDonald?
9. How does Nick's obsession with Arsenal show signs of becoming unhealthy?
10. In what way does Nick use football to rebel against his father?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)