|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Nick to his first football game?
(a) His stepfather.
(b) His teacher.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
2. What does Hornby say helps him to fit in at school?
(a) His footballing abilities.
(b) His love of football.
(c) His sense of humor.
(d) His love of music.
3. Why is Nick feeling guilty at the beginning of this section?
(a) He stole some football stickers.
(b) He swore at an opposing player.
(c) His father does not like Arsenal.
(d) He is having thoughts about a girl.
4. Who is Arsenal playing the first time Hornby goes to a match?
(a) Luton Town.
(b) Stoke City.
(d) Aston Villa.
5. What is Charlie George's punishment for making obscene gestures to the Derby fans?
(b) Community service.
(c) A ban.
(d) A fine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two trophies does Arsenal win in 1971?
2. Who does Nick meet for the first time in the opening chapter?
3. What does Hornby trade with his friends?
4. How is Brian related to Nick?
5. Who chases Nick and other fans to the train station?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nick think football helps in at this stage in his life?
2. Who is Don Rogers?
3. How does George get into trouble in this section?
4. What does Nick say he feels about himself in retrospect?
5. What does Nick find funny about his step brother's support for Arsenal?
6. Why is Nick depressed in this section?
7. What does Nick highlight about rituals in this section?
8. How does Nick's interest in football help him to fit in at school?
9. How does Nick's attitude towards football change in this section?
10. How does Nick show his anger at his parent's divorce?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)