|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nick start attending Arsenal games with when his father moves away?
(a) His mother.
2. What team is labeled boring?
3. Why does Nick spend his time working?
(a) To save money for an Arsenal season ticket.
(b) To buy all the latest novels.
(c) To feed his drug habit.
(d) To save money to take girls out.
4. What national team does England play in May 1969?
(a) Northern Ireland.
(b) Republic of Ireland.
5. Why does Nick finally accept Arsenal's continental style of playing?
(a) He has no coice.
(b) They are winning.
(c) It is good to watch.
(d) They are hard to break down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nick say he enjoys being thought of as?
2. When does Nick say he does not want to die?
3. What football team does Nick say his father should support?
4. Who told Nick Arsenal would beat Swindon?
5. What does Hornby trade with his friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nick lose his scarf in this section?
2. Why is Nick grateful to his first girlfriend, Carol?
3. What does Nick observe at his first game for Arsenal?
4. What does Nick say he thinks about Pele?
5. How does Nick show his anger at his parent's divorce?
6. How does Nick feel when he sees himself on television?
7. Why does Nick dislike talking to the players?
8. In what way does nick's mum support his obsession for Arsenal?
9. Who is Don Rogers?
10. How does Nick's interest in football help him to fit in at school?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)