|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Nick Arsenal would beat Swindon?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His father.
2. What is the title of the second chapter in this section?
(b) A Fourth Division Town.
(c) My Second Childhood.
(d) Goodbye to All That.
3. What is the title of the third chapter of this section?
(a) My Second Childhood.
(b) Goodbye to All that.
(c) A Fourth Division Town.
4. What are Nick and his girlfriend drinking as they lie in bed?
5. Where do the family Nick speaks to at the Reading game think he is from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Nick to his first football game?
2. Why does Nick finally accept Arsenal's continental style of playing?
3. What does Nick tell the counselors to get out of scout camp?
4. Who is regarded as the greatest player in the world in 1970?
5. What does Nick say are not funny?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nick lose his scarf in this section?
2. How does the family's dad upset Nick in this section?
3. How does Nick's first disappointment with Arsenal affect him?
4. How does Nick think football helps in at this stage in his life?
5. Why does Nick dislike talking to the players?
6. What does Nick say he thinks about Pele?
7. What does Nick say he feels about himself in retrospect?
8. In what way is the crowd different in the North Stand?
9. How does Nick's interest in football help him to fit in at school?
10. How does Nick cope at Cambridge University?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)