|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who chases Nick and other fans to the train station?
(a) The police.
(b) Derby players.
(c) Derby fans.
(d) Brian Clough.
2. What does Nick start getting interested in during this section?
3. What kind of books can a female colleague not believe Nick reads?
(a) Feminist novels.
(b) American literature.
(c) Children's books.
(d) Football books.
4. What does Nick's mum like to buy him?
(a) Football programs.
(c) Football tickets.
(d) Football kits.
5. What team does Arsenal play on May the 2nd?
(c) West Ham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hornby say helps him to fit in at school?
2. Why does Nick finally accept Arsenal's continental style of playing?
3. How does Nick feel when his mother leaves him a note about Arsenal losing a game?
4. What kind of style of football does Hornby say Arsenal starts playing?
5. What team does Arsenal lose against at the end of the section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Nick's conditions for a perfect game?
2. Why does Nick dislike talking to the players?
3. In what way does nick's mum support his obsession for Arsenal?
4. How does this section highlight the theme of not fitting in?
5. Why does Nick enjoy the violence he witnesses at games?
6. How does Nick's first disappointment with Arsenal affect him?
7. Why is Nick grateful to his first girlfriend, Carol?
8. Why does Nick stereotype women?
9. How does Nick feel when he sees himself on television?
10. How does Nick cope at Cambridge University?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)