|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hornby quit teaching to become?
(a) An artist.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A musician.
(d) A writer.
2. What foreign team does Arsenal play in this section?
(b) AC Milan.
(c) CSKA Moscow.
3. What does Nick say the supporters deserve after the Chelsea Arsenal game?
(a) Life membership.
(b) A medal.
(c) A refund.
(d) Free season tickets.
4. What is Hornby within walking distance of in his new North London home?
(a) The Arsenal stadium.
(b) The Arsenal supporters club.
(c) His mother's house.
(d) The Wembley stadium.
5. What job does Nick start in this section?
6. At what ground does Arsenal play the FA Cup final?
(a) Villa Park.
7. What is the title of the final chapter of this section?
(a) The Greatest Moment Ever.
(d) Walking Distance.
8. What happens at the Arsenal Southampton game?
(a) Violence breaks out.
(b) Someone kills himself.
(c) There is a crush of people.
(d) They run out of beer.
9. What starts disturbing Nick at football games?
(a) People throwing objects.
(b) Violent conduct.
(c) Kids swearing.
(d) People screaming racial abuse.
10. What is Nick working to become at the end of this section?
(a) A pianist.
(b) A stockbroker.
(c) A writer.
(d) A lawyer.
11. What part of his body does Nick injure in this section?
(a) His elbow.
(b) His knee.
(c) His ankle.
(d) His hand.
12. In which country is the Heysel stadium?
13. Which set of fans does Nick say people love?
(b) West Ham.
(d) Aston Villa.
14. Who does Arsenal lose the 1988 Littlewoods Cup to?
15. What does Hornby call the Liverpool Arsenal game in 1989?
(a) The greatest game ever.
(b) The heart attack.
(c) The Michael Thomas wonder.
(d) The scariest game of his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Brady play in?
2. What part of London does Hornby move to?
3. What football disaster does Nick write about in this section?
4. Which of Nick's friends is even more fanatical about football than Nick?
5. What happens to Nick's girlfriend during a game against Exeter?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)