|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of company does Nick start working for in this section?
(a) A steel company.
(b) A law firm.
(c) A coal company.
(d) A trading company.
2. What does Hornby call the Liverpool Arsenal game in 1989?
(a) The scariest game of his life.
(b) The Michael Thomas wonder.
(c) The heart attack.
(d) The greatest game ever.
3. What band does Nick mention in this section?
(a) The Band.
(b) The Clash.
(c) The Buzzcocks.
(d) The Sex Pistols.
4. What do Liverpool supporters throw onto the pitch to taunt Arsenal's black players?
(c) Airline tickets.
(d) Dish cloths.
5. What football team does Pete support?
(b) West Ham.
6. What team does Arsenal play on the twenty second of August, 1989?
(a) Bristol City.
7. What football disaster does Nick write about in this section?
8. Who does Arsenal lose the 1988 Littlewoods Cup to?
9. What happens to Nick's girlfriend during a game against Exeter?
(a) She has a seizure.
(b) She is beaten up.
(c) She is mugged.
(d) She faints.
10. Who does Nick attend the Coventry game with?
11. Who does Nick apologize on behalf of in this section?
(a) England fans.
(b) Arsenal fans.
(c) Juventus fans.
(d) Liverpool fans.
12. What captivates Jonathan about football?
(a) The fast flowing football.
(b) The passion.
(c) The singing.
(d) The violence.
13. How does an Arsenal get injured after the game?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is stabbed.
(c) He is hit with an iron bar.
(d) He is hung.
14. What team does Nick start watching as well as Arsenal?
(a) Oxford Utd.
(b) Bristol Rovers.
(c) Cambridge Utd.
(d) Bristol City.
15. What team does Arsenal play on the 19th of August 1980?
(a) West Ham.
(b) Aston Villa.
(d) Bristol City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does Nick take up at his school?
2. Who joins Nick and Jonathan for the game against Brighton?
3. What does Nick usually do for away games?
4. What is the title of the opening chapter of this section?
5. Who scores Luton's winning goal in the cup final?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)