|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens at the Arsenal Southampton game?
(a) There is a crush of people.
(b) Someone kills himself.
(c) They run out of beer.
(d) Violence breaks out.
2. Who scores the goal to win the league for Arsenal?
(a) David Rocastle.
(b) Alan Smith.
(c) Paul Davies.
(d) Michael Thomas.
3. What does Nick say he can no longer use his youth to excuse?
(a) His lack of ambition.
(b) His depression.
(c) His lack of money.
(d) His obsession for Arsenal.
4. Who does Arsenal play at Wembley in this section?
(a) Nottingham Forest.
(b) Manchester Utd.
5. What does Nick's family have to consult him about before planning any important events?
(a) His drinking schedule.
(b) His football schedule.
(c) His mood swings.
(d) His writing schedule.
6. What position does Brady play in?
7. What do the football leagues ban during games?
8. In which country is the Heysel stadium?
9. What football tragedy does Nick write about in this section?
10. Why do know fans ever come to Caesar's defense?
(a) He is regarded as a bad player.
(b) He spoke out against fans in the press.
(c) He is moving away from the club.
(d) He is a bad person.
11. Who does Nick apologize on behalf of in this section?
(a) Liverpool fans.
(b) Arsenal fans.
(c) Juventus fans.
(d) England fans.
12. Who is Nick afraid his future son will end up supporting?
(b) West Ham.
13. What team does Arsenal play on the twenty second of August, 1989?
(a) Bristol City.
14. What does Nick say the supporters deserve after the Chelsea Arsenal game?
(a) Free season tickets.
(b) A medal.
(c) Life membership.
(d) A refund.
15. What captivates Jonathan about football?
(a) The passion.
(b) The fast flowing football.
(c) The singing.
(d) The violence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the final chapter of this section?
2. Which player is Nick afraid Arsenal may sell?
3. How does Nick describe the school he teaches at?
4. What is Hornby within walking distance of in his new North London home?
5. Who does Arsenal play on the 13th of September, 1980?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)