|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What captivates Jonathan about football?
(a) The violence.
(b) The singing.
(c) The fast flowing football.
(d) The passion.
2. Who does Cambridge Utd. play on the fourth of November 1978?
(a) Oxford Utd.
(b) Grimsby Town.
(c) Leyton Orient.
3. What football tragedy does Nick write about in this section?
4. What foreign team does Arsenal play in this section?
(a) CSKA Moscow.
(c) AC Milan.
5. What does Nick say he can no longer use his youth to excuse?
(a) His lack of money.
(b) His obsession for Arsenal.
(c) His depression.
(d) His lack of ambition.
6. What does Nick's family have to consult him about before planning any important events?
(a) His writing schedule.
(b) His mood swings.
(c) His football schedule.
(d) His drinking schedule.
7. How does an Arsenal get injured after the game?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is stabbed.
(c) He is hit with an iron bar.
(d) He is hung.
8. What section does Nick buy season tickets for?
(a) The standing section.
(b) The South Stand.
(c) The seated section.
(d) The North Stand.
9. What does Nick think he no longer needs to bring himself closer to his father?
10. What does Nick miss when he goes to a Charlton game?
(a) A close friend's birthday.
(b) His child's birth.
(c) His mother's birthday.
(d) His grandparents' anniversary.
11. What has Nick's mother named her two cats after?
(b) Movie stars.
(c) Cricket players.
(d) Football players.
12. What competition does Arsenal win in this section?
(a) The European Cup.
(b) The Littlewoods Cup.
(c) The UEFA Cup.
(d) The FA Cup.
13. What does Hornby quit teaching to become?
(a) A musician.
(b) An artist.
(c) A writer.
(d) A lawyer.
14. What does Hornby call the Liverpool Arsenal game in 1989?
(a) The Michael Thomas wonder.
(b) The heart attack.
(c) The scariest game of his life.
(d) The greatest game ever.
15. What competition are Liverpool and Juventus competing in?
(a) The Super Cup.
(b) The UEFA Cup.
(c) The European Cup.
(d) The Cup Winners Cup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nick say he cheers during the West Ham Arsenal game?
2. What is the title of the final chapter of this section?
3. Who does Nick attend the Coventry game with?
4. Who is Nick afraid his future son will end up supporting?
5. What do Nick and his friends start dropping in the road before each Cambridge game?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)