|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Nick and his friends start dropping in the road before each Cambridge game?
(a) A lollipop.
(b) A sugar mouse.
(c) A cola candy.
(d) An icecream.
2. Who does Nick attend the Coventry game with?
3. Why do know fans ever come to Caesar's defense?
(a) He is moving away from the club.
(b) He spoke out against fans in the press.
(c) He is regarded as a bad player.
(d) He is a bad person.
4. What section does Nick buy season tickets for?
(a) The South Stand.
(b) The seated section.
(c) The North Stand.
(d) The standing section.
5. In which country is the Heysel stadium?
6. Who does Cambridge Utd. play on the fourth of November 1978?
(a) Oxford Utd.
(b) Grimsby Town.
(c) Leyton Orient.
7. Who does Arsenal play at Wembley in this section?
(a) Manchester Utd.
(c) Nottingham Forest.
8. What do the football leagues ban during games?
9. How does an Arsenal get injured after the game?
(a) He is hit with an iron bar.
(b) He is hung.
(c) He is stabbed.
(d) He is shot.
10. What happens at the Arsenal Southampton game?
(a) Violence breaks out.
(b) Someone kills himself.
(c) They run out of beer.
(d) There is a crush of people.
11. Why does Nick go to see a psychiatrist in this section?
(a) He wants to research a book.
(b) He can't find the job he wants to do.
(c) He is still unhappy about his parents' divorce.
(d) He thinks he has OCD.
12. Who does Arsenal play on the 13th of September, 1980?
(b) Stoke City.
(d) Manchester CIty.
13. What team does Nick start watching as well as Arsenal?
(a) Bristol Rovers.
(b) Oxford Utd.
(c) Cambridge Utd.
(d) Bristol City.
14. What does Nick usually do for away games?
(a) Lock himself in his room.
(b) Listen to them on the radio.
(c) Watch them on TV.
(d) Go to the pub.
15. What does Hornby call the Liverpool Arsenal game in 1989?
(a) The greatest game ever.
(b) The heart attack.
(c) The scariest game of his life.
(d) The Michael Thomas wonder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl Nick falls in love with study?
2. What country does England play in this section?
3. What is the title of the opening chapter of this section?
4. What captivates Jonathan about football?
5. What team fails to win for 31 games in this section?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)