|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the Arsenal fans blame for the loss against Luton?
(a) Steve Bould.
(b) Gus Caesar.
(c) Nigel Winterburn.
(d) Alan Smith.
2. Who does Nick befriend in this section?
3. What part of London does Hornby move to?
(a) North London.
(b) East London.
(c) West London.
(d) South London.
4. What does Nick's friend do with the sugar mouse after he drops it in the road?
(a) He stamps on it.
(b) He sits on it.
(c) He eats it.
(d) He kicks it.
5. In which country is the Heysel stadium?
6. What competition does Arsenal win in this section?
(a) The league.
(b) The UEFA Cup.
(c) The League Cup.
(d) The FA Cup.
7. What language does Nick teach in London?
8. What does the girl Nick falls in love with study?
9. What happens at the Arsenal Southampton game?
(a) There is a crush of people.
(b) Someone kills himself.
(c) They run out of beer.
(d) Violence breaks out.
10. What country does England play in this section?
11. What does Nick realize about himself in comparison to the other Arsenal players?
(a) He is older than most of them.
(b) He is more talented than most of them.
(c) He is more intelligent than most of them.
(d) He has less money than most of them.
12. What has Nick's mother named her two cats after?
(b) Cricket players.
(c) Movie stars.
(d) Football players.
13. What does Nick say he cheers during the West Ham Arsenal game?
(a) An own goal.
(b) A bad foul.
(c) A red card.
(d) A streaker.
14. What is Hornby within walking distance of in his new North London home?
(a) The Arsenal supporters club.
(b) The Arsenal stadium.
(c) The Wembley stadium.
(d) His mother's house.
15. Which set of fans does Nick say people love?
(b) Aston Villa.
(c) West Ham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nick say the supporters deserve after the Chelsea Arsenal game?
2. Who joins Arsenal at the same time Nick quits his teaching job?
3. What is the title of the first chapter in this section?
4. What team does Nick start watching as well as Arsenal?
5. Who is Nick afraid his future son will end up supporting?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)