|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hornby call the Liverpool Arsenal game in 1989?
(a) The heart attack.
(b) The Michael Thomas wonder.
(c) The greatest game ever.
(d) The scariest game of his life.
2. What do Liverpool supporters throw onto the pitch to taunt Arsenal's black players?
(b) Airline tickets.
(d) Dish cloths.
3. What does Nick miss when he goes to a Charlton game?
(a) His child's birth.
(b) A close friend's birthday.
(c) His grandparents' anniversary.
(d) His mother's birthday.
4. Who does Cambridge Utd. play on the fourth of November 1978?
(a) Oxford Utd.
(c) Leyton Orient.
(d) Grimsby Town.
5. What does Nick's friend do with the sugar mouse after he drops it in the road?
(a) He kicks it.
(b) He stamps on it.
(c) He eats it.
(d) He sits on it.
6. Why does Nick say he is not afraid of the situation at the Arsenal Southampton game?
(a) He has had a good life.
(b) The police have it under control.
(c) It is not his time to die.
(d) He has been on tighter spots.
7. What is the title of the second chapter in this section?
(b) My Brother.
(c) A Trivial Pursuit.
(d) Same Old Arsenal.
8. How does Nick describe the school he teaches at?
9. Who does Arsenal lose to in the 1978 FA Cup final?
(a) Aston VIlla.
(b) Manchester Utd.
10. What does Nick say he cheers during the West Ham Arsenal game?
(a) An own goal.
(b) A streaker.
(c) A red card.
(d) A bad foul.
11. What team does Arsenal play on the nineteenth of August 1987?
12. What band does Nick mention in this section?
(a) The Buzzcocks.
(b) The Sex Pistols.
(c) The Band.
(d) The Clash.
13. What happens to Nick's girlfriend during a game against Exeter?
(a) She is mugged.
(b) She is beaten up.
(c) She faints.
(d) She has a seizure.
14. What competition does Arsenal win in this section?
(a) The UEFA Cup.
(b) The league.
(c) The FA Cup.
(d) The League Cup.
15. What does the girl Nick falls in love with study?
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Nick teach in London?
2. In which country is the Heysel stadium?
3. What does Nick say he would like to do for a living?
4. Who is Nick afraid his future son will end up supporting?
5. What is the title of the opening chapter of this section?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)