|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What team does Arsenal play on the nineteenth of August 1987?
2. What does Nick promise himself in this section?
(a) Never fall in love again.
(b) Never to let football take over his life again.
(c) Never let women distract him from football.
(d) Never watch another cup final.
3. Who does Cambridge Utd. play on the fourth of November 1978?
(a) Grimsby Town.
(b) Leyton Orient.
(d) Oxford Utd.
4. What role does Nick take up at his school?
(a) Athletic coach.
(b) Computer tutor.
(c) Football coach.
(d) Writing tutor.
5. What band does Nick mention in this section?
(a) The Buzzcocks.
(b) The Sex Pistols.
(c) The Band.
(d) The Clash.
6. What is Hornby within walking distance of in his new North London home?
(a) The Arsenal stadium.
(b) The Arsenal supporters club.
(c) The Wembley stadium.
(d) His mother's house.
7. In which competition does Arsenal beat Tottenham in this section?
(a) The UEFA Cup.
(b) The FA Cup
(c) The European Cup.
(d) The Littlewoods Cup.
8. What captivates Jonathan about football?
(a) The passion.
(b) The fast flowing football.
(c) The singing.
(d) The violence.
9. What section does Nick buy season tickets for?
(a) The standing section.
(b) The North Stand.
(c) The South Stand.
(d) The seated section.
10. What kind of company does Nick start working for in this section?
(a) A law firm.
(b) A trading company.
(c) A steel company.
(d) A coal company.
11. Who scores Luton's winning goal in the cup final?
(a) Kingsley Black.
(b) David Gray.
(c) Lars Elstrup.
(d) Brian Stein.
12. What does Hornby call the Liverpool Arsenal game in 1989?
(a) The Michael Thomas wonder.
(b) The scariest game of his life.
(c) The heart attack.
(d) The greatest game ever.
13. How does an Arsenal get injured after the game?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is hit with an iron bar.
(c) He is hung.
(d) He is stabbed.
14. What happens at the Arsenal Southampton game?
(a) There is a crush of people.
(b) Someone kills himself.
(c) They run out of beer.
(d) Violence breaks out.
15. What competition are Liverpool and Juventus competing in?
(a) The UEFA Cup.
(b) The Cup Winners Cup.
(c) The Super Cup.
(d) The European Cup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nick say he cheers during the West Ham Arsenal game?
2. What does Nick's family have to consult him about before planning any important events?
3. What team fails to win for 31 games in this section?
4. How does Nick describe the school he teaches at?
5. What language does Nick teach in London?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)