|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who scores Luton's winning goal in the cup final?
(a) Lars Elstrup.
(b) Kingsley Black.
(c) David Gray.
(d) Brian Stein.
2. Which player is Nick afraid Arsenal may sell?
(a) Malcolm Macdonald.
(b) Liam Brady.
(c) George Graham.
(d) Bob McNab.
3. What section does Nick buy season tickets for?
(a) The seated section.
(b) The standing section.
(c) The South Stand.
(d) The North Stand.
4. What do Nick and his friends start dropping in the road before each Cambridge game?
(a) An icecream.
(b) A lollipop.
(c) A sugar mouse.
(d) A cola candy.
5. Who joins Nick and Jonathan for the game against Brighton?
(b) Mrs. Hornby.
(c) Mr. Hornby.
(d) Nick's girlfriend.
6. What does Nick usually do for away games?
(a) Watch them on TV.
(b) Listen to them on the radio.
(c) Go to the pub.
(d) Lock himself in his room.
7. What happens at the Arsenal Southampton game?
(a) Someone kills himself.
(b) Violence breaks out.
(c) There is a crush of people.
(d) They run out of beer.
8. What country does England play in this section?
9. What band does Nick mention in this section?
(a) The Clash.
(b) The Buzzcocks.
(c) The Sex Pistols.
(d) The Band.
10. What does Nick promise himself in this section?
(a) Never watch another cup final.
(b) Never fall in love again.
(c) Never to let football take over his life again.
(d) Never let women distract him from football.
11. Why does Nick go to see a psychiatrist in this section?
(a) He wants to research a book.
(b) He thinks he has OCD.
(c) He can't find the job he wants to do.
(d) He is still unhappy about his parents' divorce.
12. Who does Nick befriend in this section?
13. What do the football leagues ban during games?
14. Which set of fans does Nick say people love?
(b) Aston Villa.
(d) West Ham.
15. What part of his body does Nick injure in this section?
(a) His knee.
(b) His elbow.
(c) His hand.
(d) His ankle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of London does Hornby move to?
2. What does Nick do while his friends take his girlfriend to the medics?
3. What does Hornby call the Liverpool Arsenal game in 1989?
4. What team does Arsenal play on the nineteenth of August 1987?
5. In which competition does Arsenal beat Tottenham in this section?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)