|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nick apologize on behalf of in this section?
(a) Juventus fans.
(b) Arsenal fans.
(c) England fans.
(d) Liverpool fans.
2. Who joins Arsenal at the same time Nick quits his teaching job?
(a) Ian Wright.
(b) Charlie Nicholas.
(c) Alan Smith.
(d) Martin Keown.
3. What kind of company does Nick start working for in this section?
(a) A coal company.
(b) A trading company.
(c) A steel company.
(d) A law firm.
4. Who does Cambridge Utd. play on the fourth of November 1978?
(a) Grimsby Town.
(b) Leyton Orient.
(c) Oxford Utd.
5. Which of Nick's friends is even more fanatical about football than Nick?
6. What team does Arsenal play on the 19th of August 1980?
(a) Aston Villa.
(c) West Ham.
(d) Bristol City.
7. How does the government change football stadiums to make them safer?
(a) Take down wire fences.
(b) Turn them into all seater.
(c) Ban alcohol.
(d) Ban known hooligans.
8. What is the name of Nick's half-brother?
9. What does Nick realize about himself in comparison to the other Arsenal players?
(a) He is more intelligent than most of them.
(b) He has less money than most of them.
(c) He is more talented than most of them.
(d) He is older than most of them.
10. Who does Arsenal play on the 13th of September, 1980?
(b) Stoke City.
(d) Manchester CIty.
11. What starts disturbing Nick at football games?
(a) Kids swearing.
(b) People throwing objects.
(c) Violent conduct.
(d) People screaming racial abuse.
12. What happens at the Arsenal Southampton game?
(a) There is a crush of people.
(b) Someone kills himself.
(c) They run out of beer.
(d) Violence breaks out.
13. Why does Nick go to see a psychiatrist in this section?
(a) He can't find the job he wants to do.
(b) He wants to research a book.
(c) He thinks he has OCD.
(d) He is still unhappy about his parents' divorce.
14. What is Nick working to become at the end of this section?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A stockbroker.
(c) A pianist.
(d) A writer.
15. What part of London does Hornby move to?
(a) East London.
(b) West London.
(c) South London.
(d) North London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Nick's mother named her two cats after?
2. What is the title of the opening chapter of this section?
3. What language does Nick teach in London?
4. What team does Nick start watching as well as Arsenal?
5. Who does Nick attend the Coventry game with?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)