|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the real reason Nick wants to go home from the scout camp?
(a) He wants to watch Arsenal.
(b) He misses his mother and sister.
(c) He wants to buy a new bike.
(d) He wants to play with his friends.
2. When does Nick say he does not want to die?
(a) After a game.
(b) During a game.
(c) At half-time.
(d) Before a game.
3. Which English football team does Hornby support?
(b) Manchester Utd.
(c) Tottenhan Hotspur.
4. What is the name of Brian's son?
5. What team does Arsenal play on the 17th of April?
6. What are Nick and his girlfriend drinking as they lie in bed?
7. What team is Arsenal about to play when Nick's girlfriend dumps him?
(a) Aston Villa.
8. What team does Arsenal play on the fourth of November?
9. Why does Nick miss the opening game of the season?
(a) He is on holiday.
(b) He is at scout camp.
(c) He is ill.
(d) He is still in school.
10. Why don't people have electricity during the replay between Derby and Arsenal?
(a) Someone has cut the main cable.
(b) There is a power worker's strike.
(c) People are saving money.
(d) There are problems with the electricty board.
11. What does Nick tell the counselors to get out of scout camp?
(a) He has to see the doctor.
(b) He is upset about his parents' divorce.
(c) His heart is broken.
(d) His dog has just died.
12. Why does Nick feel disconnected from Arsenal's double?
(a) His mother is dying.
(b) He thought they played boring football.
(c) He did not see it.
(d) He is in love.
13. What does Nick notice about the men attending his first game?
(a) They are all old.
(b) They are all violent.
(c) They all seem bored.
(d) They hate being there.
14. What stand does Nick start watching games from when he turns 15?
(a) The East Bank.
(b) The South Bank.
(c) The West Bank.
(d) The North Bank.
15. What team does Nick watch Brazil play in this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Nick Arsenal would beat Swindon?
2. What does Nick's mum like to buy him?
3. Why does Nick think his father should support Chelsea?
4. What game does Hornby write about in this book?
5. Who does Nick meet for the first time in the opening chapter?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)