|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What team does Arsenal play on the fourteenth of October?
2. What does Nick's father forget to bring to the game against Derby?
(a) His coat.
(b) His scarf.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His gloves.
3. What is the name of the Arsenal player Hornby meets in this section?
(a) Bob Monkhouse.
(b) Charlie George.
(c) Liam Brady.
(d) Bob McNab.
4. What does Nick say Carol gave him?
(a) A sex education.
(b) Independence from his family.
(c) A life outside of football.
(d) Confidence in himself.
5. What team does Arsenal play on May the 2nd?
(a) West Ham.
6. What football team does Nick say his father should support?
(b) West Ham.
7. What does Hornby often daydream about?
8. At which ground does Arsenal play Stoke City?
(d) Villa Park.
9. Who does Nick meet for the first time in the opening chapter?
(a) His stepmother.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His step father.
10. What does Hornby say helps him to fit in at school?
(a) His love of football.
(b) His sense of humor.
(c) His love of music.
(d) His footballing abilities.
11. How does Nick say he feels during the Arsenal Manchester City game?
12. What major event in Hornby's life happens just after his eleventh birthday?
(a) He contracts polio.
(b) He goes to his first football game.
(c) He gets drunk.
(d) His parents divorce.
13. How does Nick say he takes each of Arsenal's wins or losses?
(b) On the chin.
14. In which competition does Arsenal play Swindon Town?
(a) The League Cup.
(b) The FA Cup.
(c) The Charity Shield.
(d) The First Division.
15. What team does Arsenal lose against at the end of the section?
(a) Tottenham Hotspur.
(b) West Ham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What national team does England play in May 1969?
2. Which Arsenal player makes obscene gestures to the Derby fans?
3. What does Nick like doing with his dad before a game?
4. Why does Nick feel disconnected from Arsenal's double?
5. Who does Nick start attending Arsenal games with when his father moves away?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)