|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Nick say he is playing at home?
(a) The holding midfielder's role.
(b) The defender's role.
(c) The man's role.
(d) The striker's role.
2. What is the name of the Arsenal player Hornby meets in this section?
(a) Charlie George.
(b) Bob Monkhouse.
(c) Bob McNab.
(d) Liam Brady.
3. Who does Nick meet for the first time in the opening chapter?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His stepmother.
(d) His step father.
4. How does Nick say he takes each of Arsenal's wins or losses?
(a) On the chin.
5. What team does Arsenal play on the fourth of November?
6. Why does Nick spend his time working?
(a) To feed his drug habit.
(b) To save money for an Arsenal season ticket.
(c) To save money to take girls out.
(d) To buy all the latest novels.
7. What is the name of the stadium where Arsenal plays?
(a) White Hart Lane.
(b) Kenilworth Road.
8. What is the name of Nick's girlfriend in this section?
(a) Denise Thrower.
(b) Carol Blackburn.
(c) Lucy Hankers.
(d) Esther Benson.
9. How does Nick feel when his mother leaves him a note about Arsenal losing a game?
10. What does Nick say Carol gave him?
(a) Confidence in himself.
(b) A life outside of football.
(c) A sex education.
(d) Independence from his family.
11. What is Charlie George's punishment for making obscene gestures to the Derby fans?
(a) A ban.
(c) A fine.
(d) Community service.
12. Who takes Nick to his first football game?
(a) His teacher.
(b) His stepfather.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
13. What does Nick's father tell Nick off about at the end of the game with Swindon?
(c) A lack of humor.
(d) Bad sportsmanship.
14. What is the name of the enclosure Rat and Nick stand in?
(a) The Fanzine enclosure.
(b) The Schoolboy's enclosure.
(c) The Away enclosure.
(d) The Charlie George enclosure.
15. What does Nick see for the first time in A Matter of Life and Death?
(a) A car accident.
(b) A dead body.
(c) A heart attack victim.
(d) A seizure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hornby say helps him to fit in at school?
2. What is the title of the first chapter in this section?
3. What team is Arsenal about to play when Nick's girlfriend dumps him?
4. What is the name of the famous player Arsenal buys in 1976?
5. What team does Arsenal play on May the 2nd?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)