|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game does Hornby write about in this book?
2. What does Nick say Carol gave him?
(a) Independence from his family.
(b) A sex education.
(c) A life outside of football.
(d) Confidence in himself.
3. What is the name of the stadium where Arsenal plays?
(a) White Hart Lane.
(c) Kenilworth Road.
4. Who does the father think Nick should support?
(a) A northern team.
(b) The national team.
(c) The best team.
(d) The team nearest him.
5. What does Nick start getting interested in during this section?
6. What does Nick notice about the men attending his first game?
(a) They are all violent.
(b) They all seem bored.
(c) They hate being there.
(d) They are all old.
7. What team is Arsenal about to play when Nick's girlfriend dumps him?
(d) Aston Villa.
8. What team does Arsenal lose against at the end of the section?
(a) West Ham.
(d) Tottenham Hotspur.
9. What two trophies does Arsenal win in 1971?
(a) The FA Cup and the League Cup.
(b) The league and the UEFA cup.
(c) The league and the FA Cup.
(d) The European Cup and the League Cup.
10. What does Nick say he enjoys being thought of as?
(a) A fan.
(b) A Londoner.
(c) A hooligan.
(d) A professional footballer.
11. How does Nick say he feels during the Arsenal Manchester City game?
12. What does Nick like doing with his dad before a game?
(a) Eating luch.
(b) Having a beer.
(c) Playing pool.
(d) Playing table football.
13. What team does Arsenal play on the fourth of October, 1975?
(b) Manchester City.
(c) Stoke City.
(d) Bristol City.
14. What excites Nick about the Arsenal Southampton game?
(a) Arsenal need one point to win the league.
(b) Arsenal has a new signing.
(c) Kevin Keegan is playing.
(d) He is on camera.
15. What is the name of Brian's son?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which competition does Arsenal play Swindon Town?
2. What national team does England play in May 1969?
3. What does Hornby say helps him to fit in at school?
4. Where does Nick get teased when Arsenal loses?
5. What does Nick tell the counselors to get out of scout camp?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)