|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Arsenal's nickname?
(a) The Reds.
(b) The Hammers.
(c) The Gunners.
(d) The Canaries.
2. What are Nick and his girlfriend drinking as they lie in bed?
3. What does Nick see for the first time in A Matter of Life and Death?
(a) A dead body.
(b) A seizure.
(c) A heart attack victim.
(d) A car accident.
4. What does Hornby say helps him to fit in at school?
(a) His footballing abilities.
(b) His love of football.
(c) His sense of humor.
(d) His love of music.
5. Which Arsenal player makes obscene gestures to the Derby fans?
(a) Charlie Nicholas.
(b) George Graham.
(c) Charlie George.
(d) Liam Brady.
6. When does Nick say he does not want to die?
(a) During a game.
(b) At half-time.
(c) After a game.
(d) Before a game.
7. What team is labeled boring?
8. What team is Arsenal about to play when Nick's girlfriend dumps him?
(c) Aston Villa.
9. What two trophies does Arsenal win in 1971?
(a) The European Cup and the League Cup.
(b) The FA Cup and the League Cup.
(c) The league and the UEFA cup.
(d) The league and the FA Cup.
10. What does Nick like doing with his dad before a game?
(a) Having a beer.
(b) Playing pool.
(c) Eating luch.
(d) Playing table football.
11. Why does Nick think his father should support Chelsea?
(a) They are flamboyant.
(b) They are winners.
(c) They are closer to him.
(d) They are a cup team.
12. Why does Nick feel disconnected from Arsenal's double?
(a) He thought they played boring football.
(b) He is in love.
(c) His mother is dying.
(d) He did not see it.
13. Where does Nick want people to spread his ashes when he dies?
(a) At Wembley.
(b) At Highbury.
(c) In his garden.
(d) In the sea.
14. What does Nick's father tell Nick off about at the end of the game with Swindon?
(a) Bad sportsmanship.
(c) A lack of humor.
15. Who is regarded as the greatest player in the world in 1970?
(b) George Best.
(c) Bobby Charlton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stand does Nick start watching games from when he turns 15?
2. What is the title of the first chapter in this section?
3. What does Nick's mum like to buy him?
4. What is the title of the third chapter of this section?
5. Why don't people have electricity during the replay between Derby and Arsenal?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)