|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the first chapter in this section?
(a) Social History.
(b) My Mum and Charlie George.
(c) The Nightmare Continues.
(d) Me and Bob McNab,
2. What role does Nick say he is playing at home?
(a) The striker's role.
(b) The man's role.
(c) The holding midfielder's role.
(d) The defender's role.
3. Where does Nick want people to spread his ashes when he dies?
(a) At Highbury.
(b) In his garden.
(c) In the sea.
(d) At Wembley.
4. Why does Nick spend his time working?
(a) To save money for an Arsenal season ticket.
(b) To feed his drug habit.
(c) To save money to take girls out.
(d) To buy all the latest novels.
5. What team does Arsenal play on May the 2nd?
(c) West Ham.
6. Who told Nick Arsenal would beat Swindon?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His father.
7. Where do the family Nick speaks to at the Reading game think he is from?
8. Why does Nick feel disconnected from Arsenal's double?
(a) He thought they played boring football.
(b) He is in love.
(c) His mother is dying.
(d) He did not see it.
9. What does Nick tell the counselors to get out of scout camp?
(a) His dog has just died.
(b) He is upset about his parents' divorce.
(c) He has to see the doctor.
(d) His heart is broken.
10. What kind of style of football does Hornby say Arsenal starts playing?
(a) A counter attacking style.
(b) A long ball style.
(c) A continental style.
(d) A one touch style.
11. Why does Nick finally accept Arsenal's continental style of playing?
(a) It is good to watch.
(b) They are winning.
(c) He has no coice.
(d) They are hard to break down.
12. What does Nick say Carol gave him?
(a) Independence from his family.
(b) A life outside of football.
(c) A sex education.
(d) Confidence in himself.
13. What does Nick notice about the men attending his first game?
(a) They all seem bored.
(b) They hate being there.
(c) They are all violent.
(d) They are all old.
14. How does Nick describe the boys in the Schoolboy enclosure?
15. Who does the father think Nick should support?
(a) The best team.
(b) The national team.
(c) A northern team.
(d) The team nearest him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Hornby write about in this book?
2. What does Nick see for the first time in A Matter of Life and Death?
3. What excites Nick about the Arsenal Southampton game?
4. What is the title of the third chapter of this section?
5. Who does Arsenal play on February the 12th?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)