|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What team does Arsenal play on the fourth of November?
2. When does Nick say he does not want to die?
(a) At half-time.
(b) After a game.
(c) During a game.
(d) Before a game.
3. Where do the family Nick speaks to at the Reading game think he is from?
4. What is the name of the Arsenal player Hornby meets in this section?
(a) Bob McNab.
(b) Charlie George.
(c) Bob Monkhouse.
(d) Liam Brady.
5. Who is Arsenal playing the first time Hornby goes to a match?
(b) Aston Villa.
(c) Stoke City.
(d) Luton Town.
6. What do two boys steal from Nick when he leaves a game early?
(a) A t-shirt.
(b) A sweat band.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A hat.
7. What team does Nick watch Brazil play in this section?
8. What is the title of the third chapter of this section?
(a) Goodbye to All that.
(c) My Second Childhood.
(d) A Fourth Division Town.
9. What is Arsenal's nickname?
(a) The Gunners.
(b) The Reds.
(c) The Canaries.
(d) The Hammers.
10. What does Nick say he won for Arsenal?
(a) The double.
(b) The UEFA Cup.
(c) The FA Cup.
(d) The European Cup.
11. What does Nick say are not funny?
(d) Manic behaviors.
12. How does Nick know Rat?
(a) He is his mother's boyfriend.
(b) He is the school bus driver.
(c) He is a friend of his father's.
(d) He is the older brother of his classmate.
13. What team is Arsenal about to play when Nick's girlfriend dumps him?
(d) Aston Villa.
14. What football team does Nick say his father should support?
(b) West Ham.
15. What is the real reason Nick wants to go home from the scout camp?
(a) He wants to buy a new bike.
(b) He wants to play with his friends.
(c) He misses his mother and sister.
(d) He wants to watch Arsenal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the first chapter in this section?
2. What stand does Nick start watching games from when he turns 15?
3. What does Nick see for the first time in A Matter of Life and Death?
4. Why does Nick feel disconnected from Arsenal's double?
5. Where does Nick get teased when Arsenal loses?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)