|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Brian related to Nick?
(a) His nephew.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His half brother.
(d) His uncle.
2. How does Nick describe the boys in the Schoolboy enclosure?
3. Who do the fans frighten on the way to the game against Derby?
(b) Old ladies.
(c) School children.
(d) Grown men.
4. What is Charlie George's punishment for making obscene gestures to the Derby fans?
(b) A fine.
(c) Community service.
(d) A ban.
5. Who escorts Nick and the other fans to the stadium in the game against Derby?
(a) Charlie George.
(b) Brian Clough.
(c) The stewards.
(d) The police.
6. Where does Nick want people to spread his ashes when he dies?
(a) In the sea.
(b) At Highbury.
(c) In his garden.
(d) At Wembley.
7. What national team does England play in May 1969?
(a) Northern Ireland.
(d) Republic of Ireland.
8. What football team does Nick say his father should support?
(c) West Ham.
9. How does Nick feel when his mother leaves him a note about Arsenal losing a game?
10. What does Nick tell the counselors to get out of scout camp?
(a) He is upset about his parents' divorce.
(b) His heart is broken.
(c) His dog has just died.
(d) He has to see the doctor.
11. What is the name of the Arsenal player Hornby meets in this section?
(a) Bob McNab.
(b) Charlie George.
(c) Liam Brady.
(d) Bob Monkhouse.
12. What is the title of the second chapter in this section?
(a) A Fourth Division Town.
(c) Goodbye to All That.
(d) My Second Childhood.
13. What does Nick's father tell Nick off about at the end of the game with Swindon?
(b) Bad sportsmanship.
(c) A lack of humor.
14. What does Nick say he enjoys being thought of as?
(a) A professional footballer.
(b) A Londoner.
(c) A hooligan.
(d) A fan.
15. What does Nick say he won for Arsenal?
(a) The UEFA Cup.
(b) The FA Cup.
(c) The European Cup.
(d) The double.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nick feel disconnected from Arsenal's double?
2. What role does Nick say he is playing at home?
3. What is the name of the first chapter in this section?
4. What does Nick's mum like to buy him?
5. What team does Arsenal lose against at the end of the section?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)