|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nick tell the counselors to get out of scout camp?
(a) His heart is broken.
(b) He is upset about his parents' divorce.
(c) His dog has just died.
(d) He has to see the doctor.
2. Why is Nick feeling guilty at the beginning of this section?
(a) He stole some football stickers.
(b) He swore at an opposing player.
(c) His father does not like Arsenal.
(d) He is having thoughts about a girl.
3. Which English football team does Hornby support?
(a) Tottenhan Hotspur.
(b) Manchester Utd.
4. Who do the fans frighten on the way to the game against Derby?
(b) Grown men.
(c) School children.
(d) Old ladies.
5. How is Brian related to Nick?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His half brother.
6. How does Nick say he feels during the Arsenal Manchester City game?
7. What team does Arsenal lose against at the end of the section?
(a) West Ham.
(d) Tottenham Hotspur.
8. What kind of style of football does Hornby say Arsenal starts playing?
(a) A long ball style.
(b) A counter attacking style.
(c) A one touch style.
(d) A continental style.
9. What is the name of the Arsenal player Hornby meets in this section?
(a) Charlie George.
(b) Bob Monkhouse.
(c) Bob McNab.
(d) Liam Brady.
10. Who escorts Nick and the other fans to the stadium in the game against Derby?
(a) The stewards.
(b) Charlie George.
(c) Brian Clough.
(d) The police.
11. At which ground does Arsenal play Stoke City?
(c) Villa Park.
12. Why does Nick miss the opening game of the season?
(a) He is ill.
(b) He is on holiday.
(c) He is at scout camp.
(d) He is still in school.
13. What does Nick's father forget to bring to the game against Derby?
(a) His gloves.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His scarf.
(d) His coat.
14. What is the title of the second chapter in this section?
(b) Goodbye to All That.
(c) My Second Childhood.
(d) A Fourth Division Town.
15. What excites Nick about the Arsenal Southampton game?
(a) He is on camera.
(b) Kevin Keegan is playing.
(c) Arsenal has a new signing.
(d) Arsenal need one point to win the league.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hornby trade with his friends?
2. What is the name of the stadium where Arsenal plays?
3. Why does Nick finally accept Arsenal's continental style of playing?
4. What two trophies does Arsenal win in 1971?
5. What do two boys steal from Nick when he leaves a game early?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)