|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which competition does Arsenal play Swindon Town?
(a) The First Division.
(b) The League Cup.
(c) The Charity Shield.
(d) The FA Cup.
2. At which ground does Arsenal play Stoke City?
(d) Villa Park.
3. What does Nick tell the counselors to get out of scout camp?
(a) He is upset about his parents' divorce.
(b) He has to see the doctor.
(c) His heart is broken.
(d) His dog has just died.
4. When does Nick say he does not want to die?
(a) After a game.
(b) Before a game.
(c) During a game.
(d) At half-time.
5. Why is Nick feeling guilty at the beginning of this section?
(a) He is having thoughts about a girl.
(b) His father does not like Arsenal.
(c) He stole some football stickers.
(d) He swore at an opposing player.
6. How does Nick know Rat?
(a) He is the school bus driver.
(b) He is his mother's boyfriend.
(c) He is a friend of his father's.
(d) He is the older brother of his classmate.
7. Who does Arsenal play on February the 12th?
(d) Manchester Utd.
8. Which Arsenal player makes obscene gestures to the Derby fans?
(a) Charlie George.
(b) Charlie Nicholas.
(c) Liam Brady.
(d) George Graham.
9. What is the name of the stadium where Arsenal plays?
(a) White Hart Lane.
(c) Kenilworth Road.
10. What team does Arsenal play on the fourteenth of October?
11. What major event in Hornby's life happens just after his eleventh birthday?
(a) He contracts polio.
(b) He goes to his first football game.
(c) He gets drunk.
(d) His parents divorce.
12. What does Hornby trade with his friends?
(a) Football stickers.
(c) Football cards.
13. What is the name of Nick's girlfriend in this section?
(a) Carol Blackburn.
(b) Lucy Hankers.
(c) Denise Thrower.
(d) Esther Benson.
14. What do two boys steal from Nick when he leaves a game early?
(a) A hat.
(b) A t-shirt.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A sweat band.
15. Who chases Nick and other fans to the train station?
(a) Derby players.
(b) Derby fans.
(c) The police.
(d) Brian Clough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What team is labeled boring?
2. What does Nick notice about the men attending his first game?
3. What two trophies does Arsenal win in 1971?
4. What game does Hornby write about in this book?
5. What team does Arsenal play on the 17th of April?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)