|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Nick say he is playing at home?
(a) The holding midfielder's role.
(b) The striker's role.
(c) The man's role.
(d) The defender's role.
2. What does Nick's mum like to buy him?
(a) Football kits.
(b) Football tickets.
(d) Football programs.
3. What is Arsenal's nickname?
(a) The Gunners.
(b) The Reds.
(c) The Hammers.
(d) The Canaries.
4. Who does the father think Nick should support?
(a) The best team.
(b) The national team.
(c) The team nearest him.
(d) A northern team.
5. Who escorts Nick and the other fans to the stadium in the game against Derby?
(a) The stewards.
(b) The police.
(c) Charlie George.
(d) Brian Clough.
6. Who chases Nick and other fans to the train station?
(a) Brian Clough.
(b) The police.
(c) Derby fans.
(d) Derby players.
7. What team is labeled boring?
8. What team does Arsenal play on the fourth of November?
9. Where does Nick want people to spread his ashes when he dies?
(a) At Highbury.
(b) At Wembley.
(c) In his garden.
(d) In the sea.
10. Why does Nick miss the opening game of the season?
(a) He is on holiday.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He is at scout camp.
(d) He is still in school.
11. Who do the fans frighten on the way to the game against Derby?
(b) School children.
(c) Grown men.
(d) Old ladies.
12. What is the title of the second chapter in this section?
(b) Goodbye to All That.
(c) A Fourth Division Town.
(d) My Second Childhood.
13. What does Nick say he enjoys being thought of as?
(a) A Londoner.
(b) A fan.
(c) A hooligan.
(d) A professional footballer.
14. What major event in Hornby's life happens just after his eleventh birthday?
(a) He contracts polio.
(b) He goes to his first football game.
(c) He gets drunk.
(d) His parents divorce.
15. Why does Nick finally accept Arsenal's continental style of playing?
(a) They are hard to break down.
(b) He has no coice.
(c) It is good to watch.
(d) They are winning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nick say he won for Arsenal?
2. Why does Nick spend his time working?
3. Who told Nick Arsenal would beat Swindon?
4. What does Nick see for the first time in A Matter of Life and Death?
5. What team does Arsenal lose against at the end of the section?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)