|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hornby often daydream about?
2. Where do the family Nick speaks to at the Reading game think he is from?
3. What team is labeled boring?
4. Why does Nick feel disconnected from Arsenal's double?
(a) He did not see it.
(b) He thought they played boring football.
(c) He is in love.
(d) His mother is dying.
5. What game does Hornby write about in this book?
6. How does Nick know Rat?
(a) He is the school bus driver.
(b) He is his mother's boyfriend.
(c) He is a friend of his father's.
(d) He is the older brother of his classmate.
7. Who escorts Nick and the other fans to the stadium in the game against Derby?
(a) The police.
(b) Brian Clough.
(c) The stewards.
(d) Charlie George.
8. What does Nick he does not learn to do at games until he is much older?
9. Who do the fans frighten on the way to the game against Derby?
(b) Grown men.
(c) School children.
(d) Old ladies.
10. What is the name of the Arsenal player Hornby meets in this section?
(a) Bob Monkhouse.
(b) Charlie George.
(c) Liam Brady.
(d) Bob McNab.
11. What is the title of the second chapter in this section?
(b) Goodbye to All That.
(c) A Fourth Division Town.
(d) My Second Childhood.
12. What does Nick's mum like to buy him?
(b) Football tickets.
(c) Football programs.
(d) Football kits.
13. What is the title of the first chapter in this section?
(a) A New Family.
(b) Graduation Day.
(c) The Whole Package.
(d) A Matter of Life and Death.
14. Why does Nick miss the opening game of the season?
(a) He is still in school.
(b) He is on holiday.
(c) He is at scout camp.
(d) He is ill.
15. What is the title of the third chapter of this section?
(a) A Fourth Division Town.
(b) Goodbye to All that.
(c) My Second Childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the first chapter in this section?
2. What does Nick see for the first time in A Matter of Life and Death?
3. What team does Arsenal play on the fourteenth of October?
4. Who is Arsenal playing the first time Hornby goes to a match?
5. Why does Nick think his father should support Chelsea?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)