|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which competition does Arsenal play Swindon Town?
(a) The FA Cup.
(b) The First Division.
(c) The League Cup.
(d) The Charity Shield.
2. What national team does England play in May 1969?
(a) Republic of Ireland.
(b) Northern Ireland.
3. What does Nick he does not learn to do at games until he is much older?
4. What team does Arsenal play on May the 2nd?
(d) West Ham.
5. What is the name of the enclosure Rat and Nick stand in?
(a) The Fanzine enclosure.
(b) The Away enclosure.
(c) The Schoolboy's enclosure.
(d) The Charlie George enclosure.
6. What team does Arsenal lose against at the end of the section?
(a) West Ham.
(b) Tottenham Hotspur.
7. Which Arsenal player makes obscene gestures to the Derby fans?
(a) Liam Brady.
(b) Charlie Nicholas.
(c) Charlie George.
(d) George Graham.
8. Why does Nick miss the opening game of the season?
(a) He is ill.
(b) He is on holiday.
(c) He is still in school.
(d) He is at scout camp.
9. What is the real reason Nick wants to go home from the scout camp?
(a) He misses his mother and sister.
(b) He wants to buy a new bike.
(c) He wants to play with his friends.
(d) He wants to watch Arsenal.
10. Who escorts Nick and the other fans to the stadium in the game against Derby?
(a) Brian Clough.
(b) Charlie George.
(c) The police.
(d) The stewards.
11. What is Arsenal's nickname?
(a) The Canaries.
(b) The Hammers.
(c) The Gunners.
(d) The Reds.
12. What does Nick say he enjoys being thought of as?
(a) A Londoner.
(b) A hooligan.
(c) A professional footballer.
(d) A fan.
13. What is Charlie George's punishment for making obscene gestures to the Derby fans?
(a) A fine.
(c) Community service.
(d) A ban.
14. What team is labeled boring?
15. What role does Nick say he is playing at home?
(a) The man's role.
(b) The holding midfielder's role.
(c) The defender's role.
(d) The striker's role.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nick know Rat?
2. What kind of books can a female colleague not believe Nick reads?
3. What does Nick see for the first time in A Matter of Life and Death?
4. How does Nick say he takes each of Arsenal's wins or losses?
5. What football team does Nick say his father should support?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)