Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Nick to his first football game?
(a) His stepfather.
(b) His teacher.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
2. What does Hornby say helps him to fit in at school?
(a) His footballing abilities.
(b) His love of football.
(c) His sense of humor.
(d) His love of music.
3. Why is Nick feeling guilty at the beginning of this section?
(a) He stole some football stickers.
(b) He swore at an opposing player.
(c) His father does not like Arsenal.
(d) He is having thoughts about a girl.
4. Who is Arsenal playing the first time Hornby goes to a match?
(a) Luton Town.
(b) Stoke City.
(d) Aston Villa.
5. What is Charlie George's punishment for making obscene gestures to the Derby fans?
(b) Community service.
(c) A ban.
(d) A fine.
6. What two trophies does Arsenal win in 1971?
(a) The league and the UEFA cup.
(b) The European Cup and the League Cup.
(c) The FA Cup and the League Cup.
(d) The league and the FA Cup.
7. Who does Nick meet for the first time in the opening chapter?
(a) His stepmother.
(b) His step father.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His aunt.
8. What does Hornby trade with his friends?
(c) Football cards.
(d) Football stickers.
9. How is Brian related to Nick?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His nephew.
(c) His half brother.
(d) His cousin.
10. Who chases Nick and other fans to the train station?
(a) The police.
(b) Brian Clough.
(c) Derby players.
(d) Derby fans.
11. What major event in Hornby's life happens just after his eleventh birthday?
(a) His parents divorce.
(b) He gets drunk.
(c) He contracts polio.
(d) He goes to his first football game.
12. What excites Nick about the Arsenal Southampton game?
(a) Arsenal has a new signing.
(b) Arsenal need one point to win the league.
(c) Kevin Keegan is playing.
(d) He is on camera.
13. What is the title of the third chapter of this section?
(a) A Fourth Division Town.
(b) Goodbye to All that.
(c) My Second Childhood.
14. What does Nick notice about the men attending his first game?
(a) They are all violent.
(b) They are all old.
(c) They all seem bored.
(d) They hate being there.
15. Who does Arsenal play on February the 12th?
(a) Manchester Utd.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nick describe the boys in the Schoolboy enclosure?
2. What is the name of the stadium where Arsenal plays?
3. How does Nick say he takes each of Arsenal's wins or losses?
4. What are Nick and his girlfriend drinking as they lie in bed?
5. Who does Nick think he knows more than?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)