|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Brian related to Nick?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His half brother.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His nephew.
2. Which English football team does Hornby support?
(a) Tottenhan Hotspur.
(b) Manchester Utd.
3. What does Nick say he enjoys being thought of as?
(a) A fan.
(b) A hooligan.
(c) A Londoner.
(d) A professional footballer.
4. Who does Arsenal play on February the 12th?
(a) Manchester Utd.
5. What does Nick say he won for Arsenal?
(a) The double.
(b) The European Cup.
(c) The UEFA Cup.
(d) The FA Cup.
6. What national team does England play in May 1969?
(a) Northern Ireland.
(b) Republic of Ireland.
7. Who is Arsenal playing the first time Hornby goes to a match?
(a) Luton Town.
(b) Aston Villa.
(d) Stoke City.
8. What does Nick say are not funny?
(a) Manic behaviors.
9. What does Nick start getting interested in during this section?
10. What does Nick tell the counselors to get out of scout camp?
(a) He has to see the doctor.
(b) His heart is broken.
(c) He is upset about his parents' divorce.
(d) His dog has just died.
11. How does Nick say he takes each of Arsenal's wins or losses?
(d) On the chin.
12. What team does Arsenal play on the 17th of April?
13. What is the name of the famous player Arsenal buys in 1976?
(a) Charlie Nicolas.
(b) Malcolm Macdonald.
(c) Liam Brady.
(d) George Graham.
14. What does Hornby trade with his friends?
(a) Football cards.
(d) Football stickers.
15. How does Nick describe the boys in the Schoolboy enclosure?
Short Answer Questions
1. What excites Nick about the Arsenal Southampton game?
2. What team is Arsenal about to play when Nick's girlfriend dumps him?
3. Who does Nick start attending Arsenal games with when his father moves away?
4. What is Charlie George's punishment for making obscene gestures to the Derby fans?
5. What kind of style of football does Hornby say Arsenal starts playing?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)