|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nick say he won for Arsenal?
(a) The European Cup.
(b) The FA Cup.
(c) The UEFA Cup.
(d) The double.
2. Where does the man die?
(a) On the street.
(b) In the stadium.
(c) On a bus.
(d) On a train.
3. Where do the family Nick speaks to at the Reading game think he is from?
4. What does Nick see for the first time in A Matter of Life and Death?
(a) A dead body.
(b) A car accident.
(c) A heart attack victim.
(d) A seizure.
5. What national team does England play in May 1969?
(c) Northern Ireland.
(d) Republic of Ireland.
6. Why is Nick feeling guilty at the beginning of this section?
(a) He is having thoughts about a girl.
(b) He swore at an opposing player.
(c) His father does not like Arsenal.
(d) He stole some football stickers.
7. How does Nick know Rat?
(a) He is the school bus driver.
(b) He is the older brother of his classmate.
(c) He is his mother's boyfriend.
(d) He is a friend of his father's.
8. What is the title of the second chapter in this section?
(b) Goodbye to All That.
(c) My Second Childhood.
(d) A Fourth Division Town.
9. What does Nick tell the counselors to get out of scout camp?
(a) His dog has just died.
(b) He has to see the doctor.
(c) His heart is broken.
(d) He is upset about his parents' divorce.
10. Who is regarded as the greatest player in the world in 1970?
(b) Bobby Charlton.
(d) George Best.
11. What role does Nick say he is playing at home?
(a) The defender's role.
(b) The man's role.
(c) The holding midfielder's role.
(d) The striker's role.
12. What is the name of Brian's son?
13. What does Nick's father tell Nick off about at the end of the game with Swindon?
(a) Bad sportsmanship.
(c) A lack of humor.
14. Which Arsenal player makes obscene gestures to the Derby fans?
(a) Charlie George.
(b) George Graham.
(c) Charlie Nicholas.
(d) Liam Brady.
15. How does Nick describe the boys in the Schoolboy enclosure?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which competition does Arsenal play Swindon Town?
2. What team is labeled boring?
3. Who escorts Nick and the other fans to the stadium in the game against Derby?
4. Who does Nick think he knows more than?
5. Who does Nick start attending Arsenal games with when his father moves away?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)