|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the first chapter in this section?
(a) A New Family.
(b) A Matter of Life and Death.
(c) The Whole Package.
(d) Graduation Day.
2. What is the real reason Nick wants to go home from the scout camp?
(a) He wants to play with his friends.
(b) He wants to buy a new bike.
(c) He misses his mother and sister.
(d) He wants to watch Arsenal.
3. What team is Arsenal about to play when Nick's girlfriend dumps him?
(b) Aston Villa.
4. How does Nick say he feels during the Arsenal Manchester City game?
5. What team does Arsenal play on the fourth of November?
6. How does Nick know Rat?
(a) He is the older brother of his classmate.
(b) He is his mother's boyfriend.
(c) He is a friend of his father's.
(d) He is the school bus driver.
7. What is the title of the third chapter of this section?
(a) A Fourth Division Town.
(c) My Second Childhood.
(d) Goodbye to All that.
8. What is Arsenal's nickname?
(a) The Gunners.
(b) The Hammers.
(c) The Canaries.
(d) The Reds.
9. What excites Nick about the Arsenal Southampton game?
(a) Kevin Keegan is playing.
(b) Arsenal need one point to win the league.
(c) Arsenal has a new signing.
(d) He is on camera.
10. Which Arsenal player makes obscene gestures to the Derby fans?
(a) Liam Brady.
(b) Charlie Nicholas.
(c) George Graham.
(d) Charlie George.
11. Who told Nick Arsenal would beat Swindon?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His father.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
12. Why don't people have electricity during the replay between Derby and Arsenal?
(a) People are saving money.
(b) Someone has cut the main cable.
(c) There is a power worker's strike.
(d) There are problems with the electricty board.
13. Which English football team does Hornby support?
(b) Manchester Utd.
(c) Tottenhan Hotspur.
14. How does Nick feel when his mother leaves him a note about Arsenal losing a game?
15. Who escorts Nick and the other fans to the stadium in the game against Derby?
(a) The stewards.
(b) Brian Clough.
(c) Charlie George.
(d) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of style of football does Hornby say Arsenal starts playing?
2. Why does Nick spend his time working?
3. What does Nick's mum like to buy him?
4. Where does Nick want people to spread his ashes when he dies?
5. Who does Arsenal play on February the 12th?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)