|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nick he does not learn to do at games until he is much older?
2. In which competition does Arsenal play Swindon Town?
(a) The FA Cup.
(b) The League Cup.
(c) The First Division.
(d) The Charity Shield.
3. What does Nick say Carol gave him?
(a) Confidence in himself.
(b) Independence from his family.
(c) A sex education.
(d) A life outside of football.
4. What team does Arsenal play on the fourth of November?
5. What team is labeled boring?
6. What is the title of the third chapter of this section?
(a) A Fourth Division Town.
(c) Goodbye to All that.
(d) My Second Childhood.
7. Why does Nick think his father should support Chelsea?
(a) They are closer to him.
(b) They are a cup team.
(c) They are winners.
(d) They are flamboyant.
8. What kind of style of football does Hornby say Arsenal starts playing?
(a) A one touch style.
(b) A continental style.
(c) A counter attacking style.
(d) A long ball style.
9. Who chases Nick and other fans to the train station?
(a) Brian Clough.
(b) Derby players.
(c) The police.
(d) Derby fans.
10. Why does Nick finally accept Arsenal's continental style of playing?
(a) They are winning.
(b) He has no coice.
(c) They are hard to break down.
(d) It is good to watch.
11. What is the name of the stadium where Arsenal plays?
(a) White Hart Lane.
(b) Kenilworth Road.
12. Who is Arsenal playing the first time Hornby goes to a match?
(a) Stoke City.
(b) Luton Town.
(c) Aston Villa.
13. What does Nick see for the first time in A Matter of Life and Death?
(a) A car accident.
(b) A seizure.
(c) A dead body.
(d) A heart attack victim.
14. What does Nick say he enjoys being thought of as?
(a) A hooligan.
(b) A Londoner.
(c) A professional footballer.
(d) A fan.
15. What is Arsenal's nickname?
(a) The Reds.
(b) The Canaries.
(c) The Hammers.
(d) The Gunners.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Brian related to Nick?
2. What is the name of the first chapter in this section?
3. Who does Nick start attending Arsenal games with when his father moves away?
4. Where does Nick get teased when Arsenal loses?
5. At which ground does Arsenal play Stoke City?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)