|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nick miss the opening game of the season?
(a) He is on holiday.
(b) He is at scout camp.
(c) He is still in school.
(d) He is ill.
2. What team does Arsenal play on the fourteenth of October?
3. What does Nick's mum like to buy him?
(a) Football programs.
(c) Football kits.
(d) Football tickets.
4. What game does Hornby write about in this book?
5. Who does Arsenal play on February the 12th?
(a) Manchester Utd.
6. When does Nick say he does not want to die?
(a) At half-time.
(b) Before a game.
(c) After a game.
(d) During a game.
7. Where does the man die?
(a) In the stadium.
(b) On a train.
(c) On a bus.
(d) On the street.
8. What is the name of the stadium where Arsenal plays?
(c) Kenilworth Road.
(d) White Hart Lane.
9. What does Hornby trade with his friends?
(a) Football cards.
(d) Football stickers.
10. What is the name of Nick's girlfriend in this section?
(a) Denise Thrower.
(b) Carol Blackburn.
(c) Esther Benson.
(d) Lucy Hankers.
11. Who does Nick start attending Arsenal games with when his father moves away?
(d) His mother.
12. Who does the father think Nick should support?
(a) The best team.
(b) The team nearest him.
(c) A northern team.
(d) The national team.
13. Who do the fans frighten on the way to the game against Derby?
(b) Grown men.
(c) School children.
(d) Old ladies.
14. What stand does Nick start watching games from when he turns 15?
(a) The West Bank.
(b) The South Bank.
(c) The East Bank.
(d) The North Bank.
15. How does Nick know Rat?
(a) He is the school bus driver.
(b) He is a friend of his father's.
(c) He is the older brother of his classmate.
(d) He is his mother's boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the first chapter in this section?
2. Why does Nick finally accept Arsenal's continental style of playing?
3. Who is Arsenal playing the first time Hornby goes to a match?
4. What is the title of the first chapter in this section?
5. What does Hornby say helps him to fit in at school?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)