|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the first chapter in this section?
(a) My Mum and Charlie George.
(b) Me and Bob McNab,
(c) Social History.
(d) The Nightmare Continues.
2. Why is Nick feeling guilty at the beginning of this section?
(a) His father does not like Arsenal.
(b) He swore at an opposing player.
(c) He is having thoughts about a girl.
(d) He stole some football stickers.
3. What team does Arsenal play on the fourth of October, 1975?
(a) Bristol City.
(c) Manchester City.
(d) Stoke City.
4. Who told Nick Arsenal would beat Swindon?
(a) His mother.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
5. What does Nick like doing with his dad before a game?
(a) Playing pool.
(b) Eating luch.
(c) Playing table football.
(d) Having a beer.
6. Where does the man die?
(a) On a bus.
(b) In the stadium.
(c) On the street.
(d) On a train.
7. What major event in Hornby's life happens just after his eleventh birthday?
(a) He gets drunk.
(b) He contracts polio.
(c) He goes to his first football game.
(d) His parents divorce.
8. What does Nick notice about the men attending his first game?
(a) They all seem bored.
(b) They are all violent.
(c) They hate being there.
(d) They are all old.
9. What national team does England play in May 1969?
(b) Republic of Ireland.
(d) Northern Ireland.
10. What does Nick's father tell Nick off about at the end of the game with Swindon?
(c) Bad sportsmanship.
(d) A lack of humor.
11. Who is Arsenal playing the first time Hornby goes to a match?
(a) Aston Villa.
(c) Luton Town.
(d) Stoke City.
12. Who chases Nick and other fans to the train station?
(a) Brian Clough.
(b) Derby fans.
(c) The police.
(d) Derby players.
13. What does Nick he does not learn to do at games until he is much older?
14. What is the name of the Arsenal player Hornby meets in this section?
(a) Bob McNab.
(b) Liam Brady.
(c) Bob Monkhouse.
(d) Charlie George.
15. What football team does Nick say his father should support?
(b) West Ham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nick think his father should support Chelsea?
2. Which English football team does Hornby support?
3. What team is labeled boring?
4. What is the title of the first chapter in this section?
5. How is Brian related to Nick?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)