|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the second chapter in this section?
(a) Goodbye to All That.
(b) My Second Childhood.
(c) A Fourth Division Town.
2. Who is Arsenal playing the first time Hornby goes to a match?
(a) Aston Villa.
(b) Stoke City.
(c) Luton Town.
3. Why does Nick miss the opening game of the season?
(a) He is ill.
(b) He is at scout camp.
(c) He is still in school.
(d) He is on holiday.
4. What national team does England play in May 1969?
(a) Northern Ireland.
(c) Republic of Ireland.
5. What team does Arsenal play on May the 2nd?
(d) West Ham.
6. What is the name of Brian's son?
7. Why does Nick spend his time working?
(a) To save money for an Arsenal season ticket.
(b) To save money to take girls out.
(c) To feed his drug habit.
(d) To buy all the latest novels.
8. How does Nick know Rat?
(a) He is the older brother of his classmate.
(b) He is a friend of his father's.
(c) He is the school bus driver.
(d) He is his mother's boyfriend.
9. What team does Arsenal play on the fourth of November?
10. Where do the family Nick speaks to at the Reading game think he is from?
11. Why don't people have electricity during the replay between Derby and Arsenal?
(a) There is a power worker's strike.
(b) There are problems with the electricty board.
(c) People are saving money.
(d) Someone has cut the main cable.
12. Who escorts Nick and the other fans to the stadium in the game against Derby?
(a) Brian Clough.
(b) The police.
(c) The stewards.
(d) Charlie George.
13. Who does Nick meet for the first time in the opening chapter?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His step father.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His stepmother.
14. What kind of books can a female colleague not believe Nick reads?
(a) Feminist novels.
(b) Football books.
(c) American literature.
(d) Children's books.
15. What is Charlie George's punishment for making obscene gestures to the Derby fans?
(a) Community service.
(c) A fine.
(d) A ban.
Short Answer Questions
1. What team does Arsenal play on the fourteenth of October?
2. What team is labeled boring?
3. Who does the father think Nick should support?
4. Who told Nick Arsenal would beat Swindon?
5. Who takes Nick to his first football game?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)