|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through How I Won the Double, Arsenal v. Newcastle, 17.4.71; Another City, Chelsea v. Tottenham, January 1972; Islington Boy, Reading v. Arsenal, 5.2.72; and Happy, Arsenal v. Derby, 12.2.72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What team does Arsenal lose against at the end of the section?
(a) West Ham.
(d) Tottenham Hotspur.
2. What does Nick notice about the men attending his first game?
(a) They hate being there.
(b) They are all old.
(c) They all seem bored.
(d) They are all violent.
3. What does Nick's father tell Nick off about at the end of the game with Swindon?
(b) A lack of humor.
(c) Bad sportsmanship.
4. Where do the family Nick speaks to at the Reading game think he is from?
5. What major event in Hornby's life happens just after his eleventh birthday?
(a) He goes to his first football game.
(b) His parents divorce.
(c) He contracts polio.
(d) He gets drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What team is labeled boring?
2. What is the name of the enclosure Rat and Nick stand in?
3. What team does Arsenal play on May the 2nd?
4. How does Nick feel when his mother leaves him a note about Arsenal losing a game?
5. What is the real reason Nick wants to go home from the scout camp?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)