Introduction, Sunday, 14th July 1991; Home Debut, Arsenal v. Stoke City, 14.9.68; and A Spare Jimmy Husband, Arsenal v. West Ham, 26.10.68
1. What game does Hornby write about in this book?
2. Which English football team does Hornby support?
(a) Tottenhan Hotspur.
(d) Manchester Utd.
3. What is the name of the stadium where Arsenal plays?
(a) Kenilworth Road.
(b) White Hart Lane.
4. What is Arsenal's nickname?
(a) The Gunners.
(b) The Canaries.
(c) The Reds.
(d) The Hammers.
5. What are Nick and his girlfriend drinking as they lie in bed?
6. What does Hornby often daydream about?
7. Who is Arsenal playing the first time Hornby goes to a match?
(b) Luton Town.
(c) Stoke City.
(d) Aston Villa.
8. What major event in Hornby's life happens just after his eleventh birthday?
(a) He goes to his first football game.
(b) He contracts polio.
(c) His parents divorce.
(d) He gets drunk.
9. Who takes Nick to his first football game?
(a) His brother.
(b) His teacher.
(c) His stepfather.
(d) His father.
This section contains 3,583 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)