|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did some feminists react to younger black women deflecting attention from sexism to racism, according to hooks?
2. Hooks describes women as being veiled in which countries?
3. Hooks claims that sexism could only be eliminated when men realized which of the following?
4. Hooks proposes that men and women should be given state aid for how long while they pursue a career?
5. Which of the following is the definition given for domestic violence?
Short Essay Questions
1. As long as the patriarchal system of dominance survives, what are the consequences that hooks describes?
2. What did the conservative press tend to say about feminists?
3. Hooks claims that women who stayed at home often felt which way?
4. What types of violence constitute patriarchal violence?
5. According to hooks, what still needs to be done for racial relations?
6. When were black women finally able to voice their problems with racism in the feminist movement, according to hooks?
7. What were the benefits of sexual liberation, according to hooks?
8. How have men suffered from the patriarchal system, according to hooks?
9. Why were many radical feminists allegedly dismayed by their leaders?
10. How did many white feminists react to black women pointing out racism within the feminist movement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does hooks describe feminist parents? How can parenting be feminist? Why is feminist parenting significant to the feminist movement?
Essay Topic 2
How does hooks define feminist masculinity? What role does feminist masculinity play in modern feminism and in general?
Essay Topic 3
What are some ways that hooks suggests feminism can gain momentum? Which ideas seem most realistic or practical? Why?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)