|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks describes risky cosmetic surgery as occurring where?
2. According to hooks, what did privileged-class white women expect lower classes and blacks to be in the feminist movement?
3. Hooks claimed that she was how old when she began confronting the issue of racism and demanding change?
4. Hooks describes women as being veiled in which countries?
5. When some feminists within the movement sought to make the movement anti-male, what did hooks claim they deflected?
Essay Topic 1
What are some ways that hooks suggests feminism can gain momentum? Which ideas seem most realistic or practical? Why?
Essay Topic 2
How did some women actually slow down the progress of the feminist movement in hooks' opinion?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of feminism in the workplace as hooks portrays it. Is feminism every inappropriate for the workplace? Why or why not? What role should feminism play in the workforce in general? Why do you think this is so?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)