|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the definition given for domestic violence?
2. Which type of feminists were dismayed to learn their leaders were committed to imperialism, according to hooks?
3. Hooks claims there is a link between domestic violence and what?
4. Hooks claims that feminist leaders must connect issues in other countries to issues where?
5. Hooks proposed that more work needs to be done with the relationships between what kinds of women?
Short Essay Questions
1. Hooks claims that women who stayed at home often felt which way?
2. Why were many radical feminists allegedly dismayed by their leaders?
3. What are two practices hooks described as originating from sexism and misogyny?
4. What does the text describe the consequences of the anti-male factions of the feminist movement as being?
5. What did the conservative press tend to say about feminists?
6. Hooks claims that patriarchal violence is based on what beliefs?
7. Describe a scenario in which somebody shows that patriarchal violence is acceptable.
8. What productive suggestions does hooks make for employment?
9. According to hooks, what still needs to be done for racial relations?
10. How did many white feminists react to black women pointing out racism within the feminist movement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did some women actually slow down the progress of the feminist movement in hooks' opinion?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between patriarchal violence and domestic violent according to hooks? Why does hooks prefer to use the term patriarchal violence? Do you agree with her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What are some ways that hooks suggests feminism can gain momentum? Which ideas seem most realistic or practical? Why?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)