|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks describes risky cosmetic surgery as occurring where?
2. According to hooks, what did privileged-class white women expect lower classes and blacks to be in the feminist movement?
3. Hooks claimed that she was how old when she began confronting the issue of racism and demanding change?
4. Hooks describes women as being veiled in which countries?
5. When some feminists within the movement sought to make the movement anti-male, what did hooks claim they deflected?
Essay Topic 1
What role does spirituality play in the feminist movement that hooks portrays? Why might spirituality in the feminist movement provide conflict?
Essay Topic 2
What is global feminism? What role does global feminism play in your life? What does hooks suggest feminists do to be involved with global movements?
Essay Topic 3
How did some women actually slow down the progress of the feminist movement in hooks' opinion?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)