|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks describes which of the following as being the best example of anti-sexism thinking provided to children through the efforts of feminism?
2. When some feminists within the movement sought to make the movement anti-male, what did hooks claim they deflected?
3. Who did hooks describe as joining the feminist movement out of natural progression?
4. Hooks claims that sexism could only be eliminated when men realized which of the following?
5. According to hooks, how many cents out of each dollar that men earned did women earn?
Short Essay Questions
1. As long as the patriarchal system of dominance survives, what are the consequences that hooks describes?
2. What relationship did white feminists have to feminism in other parts of the world, according to hooks?
3. What does the text describe the consequences of the anti-male factions of the feminist movement as being?
4. Hooks claims that women who stayed at home often felt which way?
5. According to hooks, what still needs to be done for racial relations?
6. What are two practices hooks described as originating from sexism and misogyny?
7. What wisdom does hooks find that lesbians brought to the feminist movement?
8. Why were many radical feminists allegedly dismayed by their leaders?
9. How have men suffered from the patriarchal system, according to hooks?
10. What is the difference between a "woman-identified woman" and a "man-identified woman"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does hooks mean when she says that one of feminism's greatest foes was the "enemy within"? Do you agree with her on this issue? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do we need a resurgence of feminism, according to hooks? Is the argument Hooks makes valid about a resurgence of feminism? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What are the goals of feminism according to hooks? How do feminists seek to accomplish the goals that the movement has set in the way hooks portrays these events? Why are these goals important?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)