|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to hooks, what led many women to think they could establish the feminist agenda for women all over the world?
2. Early feminists looked to the spiritual works of a mystic named which of the following?
3. What do some women blame for forcing them into the workforce, according to Hooks?
4. Hooks claims that it became clear that what was not the challenge to freedom?
5. Hooks claimed that many women stay in bad relationships for what reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does spirituality and religion play in feminism?
2. What does the text describe the consequences of the anti-male factions of the feminist movement as being?
3. What were some of the problems that hooks witnessed with feminist parenting?
4. What were the benefits of sexual liberation, according to hooks?
5. How did many white feminists react to black women pointing out racism within the feminist movement?
6. According to hooks, what still needs to be done for racial relations?
7. What impact did hooks describe visionary lesbians having on the feminist movement?
8. Hooks claims that women who stayed at home often felt which way?
9. What are the consequences hooks describes of lacking sexual liberation?
10. Why and how did many working women receive mixed messages, according to hooks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is global feminism? What role does global feminism play in your life? What does hooks suggest feminists do to be involved with global movements?
Essay Topic 2
What role does marriage have in the feminist movement according to hooks? Why might it be appropriate or inappropriate for marriage and romantic partnership to exist in feminist activism? Is marriage sexist? What arguments does hooks offer?
Essay Topic 3
How and why was literature significant to the feminist movement in the way that hooks portrays it? How did literature written by women contribute to the end of gender bias in curricula?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)