|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Female sexual liberation was fancied by men who enjoyed having sex with what kind of women?
2. From hooks' point of view, why did many conservative presses consistently present feminists as "man haters"?
3. What seems to be lacking in availability to men to help secure an identity not related to sexism and domination, according to hooks?
4. What message does hooks attribute some feminists as being reluctant to send?
5. According to hooks, what liberates women?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does hooks describe feminist parents? How can parenting be feminist? Why is feminist parenting significant to the feminist movement?
Essay Topic 2
How does hooks define sexism and oppression? Do you think that sexism and oppression have the same presence in modern culture as in the past? Why or why not? What does hooks seem to think, and how do you know?
Essay Topic 3
What are some ways that hooks suggests feminism can gain momentum? Which ideas seem most realistic or practical? Why?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)