|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Without addressing the issue of racism in the minds of white feminist leaders, why would feminism be doomed in hooks' perspective?
2. According to hooks, how many cents out of each dollar that men earned did women earn?
3. Which of the following is described by hooks as ending once the patriarchal system has been abolished?
4. Hooks claims that feminist leaders must connect issues in other countries to issues where?
5. Who does hooks seem to blame most for sweeping the issue of race under the rug?
Short Essay Questions
1. What impact did hooks describe visionary lesbians having on the feminist movement?
2. What is the difference between a "woman-identified woman" and a "man-identified woman"?
3. What does the text describe the consequences of the anti-male factions of the feminist movement as being?
4. What is required for women to be liberated from Hooks' perspective?
5. What were some of the problems that hooks witnessed with feminist parenting?
6. According to hooks, what still needs to be done for racial relations?
7. What types of violence constitute patriarchal violence?
8. How did many white feminists react to black women pointing out racism within the feminist movement?
9. What are two practices hooks described as originating from sexism and misogyny?
10. Describe a scenario in which somebody shows that patriarchal violence is acceptable.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does marriage have in the feminist movement according to hooks? Why might it be appropriate or inappropriate for marriage and romantic partnership to exist in feminist activism? Is marriage sexist? What arguments does hooks offer?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between patriarchal violence and domestic violent according to hooks? Why does hooks prefer to use the term patriarchal violence? Do you agree with her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Is hooks right when she asserts that feminism is for everybody? Why or why not? Does hooks effectively support this assertion? Why or why not?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)