|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to hooks, where do sex clubs exist that feminists should be concerned with?
2. Hooks attributes who to contributing to young boys' distorted view of what defines masculinity when it came to feminist parenting?
3. Hooks proposed that more work needs to be done with the relationships between what kinds of women?
4. What kind of activists were conflicted about the inclusion of spirituality in the feminist movement?
5. Which of the following is not a result of bad relationships, according to hooks?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have men suffered from the patriarchal system, according to hooks?
2. What were some of the problems that hooks witnessed with feminist parenting?
3. What are two practices hooks described as originating from sexism and misogyny?
4. What are the consequences hooks describes of lacking sexual liberation?
5. What impact did hooks describe visionary lesbians having on the feminist movement?
6. Describe a scenario in which somebody shows that patriarchal violence is acceptable.
7. Hooks claims that patriarchal violence is based on what beliefs?
8. What does the text describe the consequences of the anti-male factions of the feminist movement as being?
9. As long as the patriarchal system of dominance survives, what are the consequences that hooks describes?
10. What relationship did white feminists have to feminism in other parts of the world, according to hooks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does hooks mean when she says that one of feminism's greatest foes was the "enemy within"? Do you agree with her on this issue? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between patriarchal violence and domestic violent according to hooks? Why does hooks prefer to use the term patriarchal violence? Do you agree with her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What are some ways that hooks suggests feminism can gain momentum? Which ideas seem most realistic or practical? Why?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)