|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the scenario that hooks presents, what did the young girl notice about the women who appeared on TV or in magazines?
2. According to hooks, how many cents out of each dollar that men earned did women earn?
3. Hooks makes it clear that a "woman-identified woman" was not synonymous with which of the following?
4. Freer-thinking younger generation black women in which decades felt free to confront white feminists about racism from hooks' perspective?
5. What kind of religions did many feminists look to in the early days of the movement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does hooks describe as the challenge to freedom?
2. As long as the patriarchal system of dominance survives, what are the consequences that hooks describes?
3. Hooks claims that patriarchal violence is based on what beliefs?
4. What were the benefits of sexual liberation, according to hooks?
5. What are some important issues that feminists are concerned with in countries that are not the United States of America?
6. Why and how did many working women receive mixed messages, according to hooks?
7. What did the conservative press tend to say about feminists?
8. What wisdom does hooks find that lesbians brought to the feminist movement?
9. What relationship did white feminists have to feminism in other parts of the world, according to hooks?
10. What impact did hooks describe visionary lesbians having on the feminist movement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does hooks provide sufficient evidence to convince you as a reader that the feminist movement can end all forms of oppression and sexism? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How did some women actually slow down the progress of the feminist movement in hooks' opinion?
Essay Topic 3
Is hooks right when she asserts that feminism is for everybody? Why or why not? Does hooks effectively support this assertion? Why or why not?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)