|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of impact does hooks see visionary lesbians as having on the feminist movement?
2. According to hooks, what changed the face of the feminist movement more than any other factor?
3. According to hooks, who knew the plight of the black woman better than anybody?
4. What type of relationships does feminism place the emphasis on, according to hooks?
5. Where are more women allegedly beaten and murdered?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did hooks, and other women, recognize that sexual liberation and sexual promiscuity were not the same thing?
2. When were black women finally able to voice their problems with racism in the feminist movement, according to hooks?
3. As long as the patriarchal system of dominance survives, what are the consequences that hooks describes?
4. Hooks claims that patriarchal violence is based on what beliefs?
5. What does hooks describe as the challenge to freedom?
6. What relationship did white feminists have to feminism in other parts of the world, according to hooks?
7. What were some of the problems that hooks witnessed with feminist parenting?
8. Why were many radical feminists allegedly dismayed by their leaders?
9. What is the difference between a "woman-identified woman" and a "man-identified woman"?
10. What are two practices hooks described as originating from sexism and misogyny?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do we need a resurgence of feminism, according to hooks? Is the argument Hooks makes valid about a resurgence of feminism? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does hooks define sexism and oppression? Do you think that sexism and oppression have the same presence in modern culture as in the past? Why or why not? What does hooks seem to think, and how do you know?
Essay Topic 3
What are the goals of feminism according to hooks? How do feminists seek to accomplish the goals that the movement has set in the way hooks portrays these events? Why are these goals important?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)