|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to hooks, what changed the face of the feminist movement more than any other factor?
2. Hooks proposed that more work needs to be done with the relationships between what kinds of women?
3. What type of impact does hooks see visionary lesbians as having on the feminist movement?
4. Who is most prominent to hooks as paving the way for reconsideration of racist issues for society?
5. Hooks proposes that men and women should be given state aid for how long while they pursue a career?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some important issues that feminists are concerned with in countries that are not the United States of America?
2. What does hooks describe as the challenge to freedom?
3. What role does spirituality and religion play in feminism?
4. Why were many radical feminists allegedly dismayed by their leaders?
5. According to hooks, what still needs to be done for racial relations?
6. As long as the patriarchal system of dominance survives, what are the consequences that hooks describes?
7. What is the difference between a "woman-identified woman" and a "man-identified woman"?
8. Describe a scenario in which somebody shows that patriarchal violence is acceptable.
9. How did many white feminists react to black women pointing out racism within the feminist movement?
10. Hooks claims that patriarchal violence is based on what beliefs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is hooks right when she asserts that feminism is for everybody? Why or why not? Does hooks effectively support this assertion? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does hooks define sexism and oppression? Do you think that sexism and oppression have the same presence in modern culture as in the past? Why or why not? What does hooks seem to think, and how do you know?
Essay Topic 3
Why do we need a resurgence of feminism, according to hooks? Is the argument Hooks makes valid about a resurgence of feminism? Why or why not?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)