|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of activists were conflicted about the inclusion of spirituality in the feminist movement?
2. Who does hooks claim will feel more entitled to maintain control by any means?
3. Where does female circumcision occur as mentioned in the text?
4. What type of relationships does feminism place the emphasis on, according to hooks?
5. Hooks' description of domestic violence is connected to what kind of domination?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why and how did many working women receive mixed messages, according to hooks?
2. What are some important issues that feminists are concerned with in countries that are not the United States of America?
3. What productive suggestions does hooks make for employment?
4. What are two practices hooks described as originating from sexism and misogyny?
5. What were some of the problems that hooks witnessed with feminist parenting?
6. According to hooks, what still needs to be done for racial relations?
7. How did many white feminists react to black women pointing out racism within the feminist movement?
8. When were black women finally able to voice their problems with racism in the feminist movement, according to hooks?
9. As long as the patriarchal system of dominance survives, what are the consequences that hooks describes?
10. What did the conservative press tend to say about feminists?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is global feminism? What role does global feminism play in your life? What does hooks suggest feminists do to be involved with global movements?
Essay Topic 2
Why does the feminist movement struggle so much to build consciousness and awareness? What suggestions does hooks offer? Are they valid? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Does hooks provide sufficient evidence to convince you as a reader that the feminist movement can end all forms of oppression and sexism? Why or why not?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)