|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of women were typically reformist thinkers, in hooks' opinion?
2. When some feminists within the movement sought to make the movement anti-male, what did hooks claim they deflected?
3. Hooks describes the conservative solution for the hard life of working women as what?
4. What did some members of the media do to feed into the nation's homophobia?
5. According to hooks, who are still socially isolated from each other?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does hooks define sexism and oppression? Do you think that sexism and oppression have the same presence in modern culture as in the past? Why or why not? What does hooks seem to think, and how do you know?
Essay Topic 2
What role does spirituality play in the feminist movement that hooks portrays? Why might spirituality in the feminist movement provide conflict?
Essay Topic 3
How did some women actually slow down the progress of the feminist movement in hooks' opinion?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)