|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to hooks, what led many women to think they could establish the feminist agenda for women all over the world?
2. According to hooks, working women received mixed messages from who?
3. Hooks claimed that she was how old when she began confronting the issue of racism and demanding change?
4. Which type of feminists were dismayed to learn their leaders were committed to imperialism, according to hooks?
5. Which of the following is not an example of domestic violence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the consequences hooks describes of lacking sexual liberation?
2. What wisdom does hooks find that lesbians brought to the feminist movement?
3. What did the conservative press tend to say about feminists?
4. Why were many radical feminists allegedly dismayed by their leaders?
5. What impact did hooks describe visionary lesbians having on the feminist movement?
6. Hooks claims that women who stayed at home often felt which way?
7. How did many white feminists react to black women pointing out racism within the feminist movement?
8. What are two practices hooks described as originating from sexism and misogyny?
9. How did hooks, and other women, recognize that sexual liberation and sexual promiscuity were not the same thing?
10. What role does spirituality and religion play in feminism?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does hooks describe feminist parents? How can parenting be feminist? Why is feminist parenting significant to the feminist movement?
Essay Topic 2
What role does marriage have in the feminist movement according to hooks? Why might it be appropriate or inappropriate for marriage and romantic partnership to exist in feminist activism? Is marriage sexist? What arguments does hooks offer?
Essay Topic 3
How did some women actually slow down the progress of the feminist movement in hooks' opinion?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)