|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term refers to abstaining from sex?
2. Which type of feminists were dismayed to learn their leaders were committed to imperialism, according to hooks?
3. Hooks claimed that she was how old when she began confronting the issue of racism and demanding change?
4. Hooks used this term to describe the feminist view of men that is not threatening.
5. What seems to be lacking in availability to men to help secure an identity not related to sexism and domination, according to hooks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the problems that hooks witnessed with feminist parenting?
2. How did hooks, and other women, recognize that sexual liberation and sexual promiscuity were not the same thing?
3. What did the conservative press tend to say about feminists?
4. As long as the patriarchal system of dominance survives, what are the consequences that hooks describes?
5. What are the consequences hooks describes of lacking sexual liberation?
6. What impact did hooks describe visionary lesbians having on the feminist movement?
7. How have men suffered from the patriarchal system, according to hooks?
8. When were black women finally able to voice their problems with racism in the feminist movement, according to hooks?
9. Describe a scenario in which somebody shows that patriarchal violence is acceptable.
10. What relationship did white feminists have to feminism in other parts of the world, according to hooks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the feminist movement struggle so much to build consciousness and awareness? What suggestions does hooks offer? Are they valid? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What does hooks say about lesbianism as it is related to the feminist movement? Why does hooks say that many lesbians were more dedicated to feminism? Is this a valid argument? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How did some women actually slow down the progress of the feminist movement in hooks' opinion?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)