|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did some feminists react to younger black women deflecting attention from sexism to racism, according to hooks?
2. What system allows dominance to survive, according to hooks?
3. Who does hooks seem to blame most for sweeping the issue of race under the rug?
4. According to hooks, what did privileged-class white women expect lower classes and blacks to be in the feminist movement?
5. As hooks described, "man-identified woman" would readily give up her activism if it threatened a relationship with who?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have men suffered from the patriarchal system, according to hooks?
2. What does the text describe the consequences of the anti-male factions of the feminist movement as being?
3. What is the difference between a "woman-identified woman" and a "man-identified woman"?
4. Hooks claims that women who stayed at home often felt which way?
5. What are some important issues that feminists are concerned with in countries that are not the United States of America?
6. What are the consequences hooks describes of lacking sexual liberation?
7. When were black women finally able to voice their problems with racism in the feminist movement, according to hooks?
8. What productive suggestions does hooks make for employment?
9. What were the benefits of sexual liberation, according to hooks?
10. Why were many radical feminists allegedly dismayed by their leaders?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between patriarchal violence and domestic violent according to hooks? Why does hooks prefer to use the term patriarchal violence? Do you agree with her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What is global feminism? What role does global feminism play in your life? What does hooks suggest feminists do to be involved with global movements?
Essay Topic 3
Why does the feminist movement struggle so much to build consciousness and awareness? What suggestions does hooks offer? Are they valid? Why or why not?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)