|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did some feminists react to younger black women deflecting attention from sexism to racism, according to hooks?
2. From hooks' point of view, why did many conservative presses consistently present feminists as "man haters"?
3. What term refers to abstaining from sex?
4. Who does hooks seem to blame most for sweeping the issue of race under the rug?
5. What does the word misogyny relate to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did hooks, and other women, recognize that sexual liberation and sexual promiscuity were not the same thing?
2. What were the benefits of sexual liberation, according to hooks?
3. Hooks claims that patriarchal violence is based on what beliefs?
4. Hooks claims that women who stayed at home often felt which way?
5. According to hooks, what still needs to be done for racial relations?
6. How did many white feminists react to black women pointing out racism within the feminist movement?
7. What productive suggestions does hooks make for employment?
8. What did the conservative press tend to say about feminists?
9. What is required for women to be liberated from Hooks' perspective?
10. What were some of the problems that hooks witnessed with feminist parenting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does hooks say about lesbianism as it is related to the feminist movement? Why does hooks say that many lesbians were more dedicated to feminism? Is this a valid argument? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does hooks describe feminist parents? How can parenting be feminist? Why is feminist parenting significant to the feminist movement?
Essay Topic 3
What does hooks mean when she says that one of feminism's greatest foes was the "enemy within"? Do you agree with her on this issue? Why or why not?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)