|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to many reformist thinkers, what made a woman liberated?
2. What does the word misogyny relate to?
3. Hooks claims that it became clear that what was not the challenge to freedom?
4. What system allows dominance to survive, according to hooks?
5. Where are more women allegedly beaten and murdered?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are two practices hooks described as originating from sexism and misogyny?
2. What did the conservative press tend to say about feminists?
3. What does the text describe the consequences of the anti-male factions of the feminist movement as being?
4. What is the difference between a "woman-identified woman" and a "man-identified woman"?
5. What does hooks describe as the challenge to freedom?
6. Describe a scenario in which somebody shows that patriarchal violence is acceptable.
7. Hooks claims that patriarchal violence is based on what beliefs?
8. What are the consequences hooks describes of lacking sexual liberation?
9. Why were many radical feminists allegedly dismayed by their leaders?
10. Hooks claims that women who stayed at home often felt which way?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does hooks describe feminist parents? How can parenting be feminist? Why is feminist parenting significant to the feminist movement?
Essay Topic 2
What does hooks mean when she says that one of feminism's greatest foes was the "enemy within"? Do you agree with her on this issue? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How does hooks define sexism and oppression? Do you think that sexism and oppression have the same presence in modern culture as in the past? Why or why not? What does hooks seem to think, and how do you know?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)