|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many feared that radical feminists wanted men to become which of the following?
2. Hooks' description of domestic violence is connected to what kind of domination?
3. Which of the following is the definition given for domestic violence?
4. According to many reformist thinkers, what made a woman liberated?
5. Who was stereotyped and broadly given a sexist identity, according to hooks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the problems that hooks witnessed with feminist parenting?
2. What is required for women to be liberated from Hooks' perspective?
3. Hooks claims that women who stayed at home often felt which way?
4. What are two practices hooks described as originating from sexism and misogyny?
5. Hooks claims that patriarchal violence is based on what beliefs?
6. What types of violence constitute patriarchal violence?
7. Hooks claims that what changed the face of the feminist movement more than any other factor and why?
8. As long as the patriarchal system of dominance survives, what are the consequences that hooks describes?
9. Why and how did many working women receive mixed messages, according to hooks?
10. What wisdom does hooks find that lesbians brought to the feminist movement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is hooks right when she asserts that feminism is for everybody? Why or why not? Does hooks effectively support this assertion? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What are the goals of feminism according to hooks? How do feminists seek to accomplish the goals that the movement has set in the way hooks portrays these events? Why are these goals important?
Essay Topic 3
How did some women actually slow down the progress of the feminist movement in hooks' opinion?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)