|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freer-thinking younger generation black women in which decades felt free to confront white feminists about racism from hooks' perspective?
2. As hooks described, "man-identified woman" would readily give up her activism if it threatened a relationship with who?
3. Who is most prominent to hooks as paving the way for reconsideration of racist issues for society?
4. Who does hooks claim will feel more entitled to maintain control by any means?
5. Which of the following did hooks describe as a barrier to the spread of feminism?
Short Essay Questions
1. As long as the patriarchal system of dominance survives, what are the consequences that hooks describes?
2. Describe a scenario in which somebody shows that patriarchal violence is acceptable.
3. What wisdom does hooks find that lesbians brought to the feminist movement?
4. What are the consequences hooks describes of lacking sexual liberation?
5. How did many white feminists react to black women pointing out racism within the feminist movement?
6. What are some important issues that feminists are concerned with in countries that are not the United States of America?
7. Why and how did many working women receive mixed messages, according to hooks?
8. What role does spirituality and religion play in feminism?
9. What types of violence constitute patriarchal violence?
10. Hooks claims that what changed the face of the feminist movement more than any other factor and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does hooks define sexism and oppression? Do you think that sexism and oppression have the same presence in modern culture as in the past? Why or why not? What does hooks seem to think, and how do you know?
Essay Topic 2
How does hooks describe feminist parents? How can parenting be feminist? Why is feminist parenting significant to the feminist movement?
Essay Topic 3
Does hooks provide sufficient evidence to convince you as a reader that the feminist movement can end all forms of oppression and sexism? Why or why not?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)