Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks describes risky cosmetic surgery as occurring where?
2. According to hooks, what did privileged-class white women expect lower classes and blacks to be in the feminist movement?
3. Hooks claimed that she was how old when she began confronting the issue of racism and demanding change?
4. Hooks describes women as being veiled in which countries?
5. When some feminists within the movement sought to make the movement anti-male, what did hooks claim they deflected?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of feminism in the workplace as hooks portrays it. Is feminism every inappropriate for the workplace? Why or why not? What role should feminism play in the workforce in general? Why do you think this is so?
Essay Topic 2
What are the goals of feminism according to hooks? How do feminists seek to accomplish the goals that the movement has set in the way hooks portrays these events? Why are these goals important?
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between patriarchal violence and domestic violent according to hooks? Why does hooks prefer to use the term patriarchal violence? Do you agree with her? Why or why not?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)