|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some women blame for forcing them into the workforce, according to Hooks?
2. Hooks claimed that the women who tried to establish the feminist agenda for women in third-world countries were comparable to who?
3. Hooks used this term to describe the feminist view of men that is not threatening.
4. By the 1990s, hooks claims that half the women in America were which of the following?
5. It did not take women long to recognize that sexual liberation and which of the following were not the same, according to hooks?
Short Essay Questions
1. When were black women finally able to voice their problems with racism in the feminist movement, according to hooks?
2. What are two practices hooks described as originating from sexism and misogyny?
3. What were some of the problems that hooks witnessed with feminist parenting?
4. Hooks claims that what changed the face of the feminist movement more than any other factor and why?
5. Why were many radical feminists allegedly dismayed by their leaders?
6. What does the text describe the consequences of the anti-male factions of the feminist movement as being?
7. What does hooks describe as the challenge to freedom?
8. As long as the patriarchal system of dominance survives, what are the consequences that hooks describes?
9. What wisdom does hooks find that lesbians brought to the feminist movement?
10. How have men suffered from the patriarchal system, according to hooks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is global feminism? What role does global feminism play in your life? What does hooks suggest feminists do to be involved with global movements?
Essay Topic 2
Does hooks provide sufficient evidence to convince you as a reader that the feminist movement can end all forms of oppression and sexism? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why does the feminist movement struggle so much to build consciousness and awareness? What suggestions does hooks offer? Are they valid? Why or why not?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)