|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message does hooks attribute some feminists as being reluctant to send?
2. According to hooks, who are still socially isolated from each other?
3. Hooks describes women as being veiled in which countries?
4. Hooks proposed that more work needs to be done with the relationships between what kinds of women?
5. Hooks describes the conservative solution for the hard life of working women as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Hooks claims that women who stayed at home often felt which way?
2. How have men suffered from the patriarchal system, according to hooks?
3. What are the consequences hooks describes of lacking sexual liberation?
4. What are some important issues that feminists are concerned with in countries that are not the United States of America?
5. What are two practices hooks described as originating from sexism and misogyny?
6. Describe a scenario in which somebody shows that patriarchal violence is acceptable.
7. How did many white feminists react to black women pointing out racism within the feminist movement?
8. Why were many radical feminists allegedly dismayed by their leaders?
9. When were black women finally able to voice their problems with racism in the feminist movement, according to hooks?
10. What did the conservative press tend to say about feminists?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does spirituality play in the feminist movement that hooks portrays? Why might spirituality in the feminist movement provide conflict?
Essay Topic 2
How did some women actually slow down the progress of the feminist movement in hooks' opinion?
Essay Topic 3
What does hooks say about lesbianism as it is related to the feminist movement? Why does hooks say that many lesbians were more dedicated to feminism? Is this a valid argument? Why or why not?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)