|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the most sought after reproductive safegaurd in the sexual revolution?
2. Which type of woman does hooks describe as having the options of both contraceptives and abortions?
3. What did women come face to face with most with the onset of the sexual revolution?
4. Who were hooks' alleged stars of the feminist movement early on?
5. According to hooks, who is feminism not targeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to hooks, what is the ideal situation for women in terms of reproductive rights?
2. What does hooks believe caused the displacement of feminist revolutionaries?
3. What are the differences between reformist thinkers and revolutionary thinkers?
4. How did industries change as a result of changing women?
5. How did female bonding play a role in the feminist movement from hooks' perspective?
6. How did conflict result as a matter of class and race in feminism?
7. What did hooks describe as the two most important contributions to feminism?
8. How did the mass media portray feminists?
9. Describe the challenges to abortion rights brought by Christian groups.
10. How does hooks think the feminist movement hope to reach a broad and diverse audience?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hooks claims what were the effects of the sexual revolution on contraception and abortion?
Essay Topic 2
What is global feminism? What role does global feminism play in your life? What does hooks suggest feminists do to be involved with global movements?
Essay Topic 3
How does hooks describe feminist parents? How can parenting be feminist? Why is feminist parenting significant to the feminist movement?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)