|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a result of fashion taking notice of women's demands in attire?
2. Which university did hooks attend?
3. Which of the following is most commonplace to hooks?
4. In which decade did many women begin to choose not to wear bras and girdles?
5. According to hooks, who needed to cede their self-appointed ownership of feminism?
Short Essay Questions
1. What convinced black feminists that the feminist movement was a "white power grab," according to hooks?
2. What role does power feminism play in the downfall of feminism, according to hooks?
3. How does hooks think the feminist movement hope to reach a broad and diverse audience?
4. What did hooks describe as the two most important contributions to feminism?
5. Why does hooks say that a feminist is made, not born?
6. What are the differences between reformist thinkers and revolutionary thinkers?
7. What has become more accepted by women as it becomes more acceptable for women to accept their bodies?
8. What differences between same-sex and co-ed classes did hooks notice?
9. In the 1960s, how did women show they were not constantly worried about being accepted by men for their appearance?
10. What types of policies, according to hooks, caused women and children to suffer abuse at the hands of existing patriarchy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does hooks describe feminist parents? How can parenting be feminist? Why is feminist parenting significant to the feminist movement?
Essay Topic 2
What are the goals of feminism according to hooks? How do feminists seek to accomplish the goals that the movement has set in the way hooks portrays these events? Why are these goals important?
Essay Topic 3
What is global feminism? What role does global feminism play in your life? What does hooks suggest feminists do to be involved with global movements?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)