|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks claims that focusing on what type of rights is necessary to protect the freedom of women?
2. When was Ain't I a Woman published?
3. Betty Friedan's book focused on which type of woman?
4. Which of the following is a result of fashion taking notice of women's demands in attire?
5. In what type of society is every voice heard, according to hooks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What convinced black feminists that the feminist movement was a "white power grab," according to hooks?
2. What are the remaining barriers for visionary feminism?
3. How did many white feminists react to black women pointing out racism within the feminist movement?
4. How did professors help hooks and other students?
5. What productive suggestions does hooks make for employment?
6. Why does hooks say that a feminist is made, not born?
7. As long as the patriarchal system of dominance survives, what are the consequences that hooks describes?
8. When were black women finally able to voice their problems with racism in the feminist movement, according to hooks?
9. What were the benefits of sexual liberation, according to hooks?
10. How did conflict result as a matter of class and race in feminism?
Essay Topic 1
What are the goals of feminism according to hooks? How do feminists seek to accomplish the goals that the movement has set in the way hooks portrays these events? Why are these goals important?
Essay Topic 2
How does hooks define feminist masculinity? What role does feminist masculinity play in modern feminism and in general?
Essay Topic 3
What are some ways that hooks suggests feminism can gain momentum? Which ideas seem most realistic or practical? Why?
This section contains 1,294 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)