|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were hooks' alleged stars of the feminist movement early on?
2. What type of funding does hooks suggest is a goal for the feminist movement in order to read a broad and diverse audience?
3. What did women come face to face with most with the onset of the sexual revolution?
4. The third goal of feminism is which of the following, according to bell hooks?
5. In which classes at her university did hooks feel the most support?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the challenges to abortion rights brought by Christian groups.
2. What types of policies, according to hooks, caused women and children to suffer abuse at the hands of existing patriarchy?
3. How did the mass media portray feminists?
4. How did female bonding play a role in the feminist movement from hooks' perspective?
5. What convinced black feminists that the feminist movement was a "white power grab," according to hooks?
6. How did conflict result as a matter of class and race in feminism?
7. What did hooks describe as being the consequences of unwanted pregnancies?
8. In the 1960s, how did women show they were not constantly worried about being accepted by men for their appearance?
9. According to hooks, what are the goals of feminism?
10. What did hooks describe as the two most important contributions to feminism?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does hooks define sexism and oppression? Do you think that sexism and oppression have the same presence in modern culture as in the past? Why or why not? What does hooks seem to think, and how do you know?
Essay Topic 2
Why does the feminist movement struggle so much to build consciousness and awareness? What suggestions does hooks offer? Are they valid? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Hooks claims what were the effects of the sexual revolution on contraception and abortion?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)