Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When feminism first began, hooks explains that which of the following was the second group feminism was split between?
2. What is defined as gaining power by the exploitation of others?
3. What does hooks describe as one of feminism's greatest foes?
4. Who were hooks' alleged stars of the feminist movement early on?
5. According to hooks, who should have access to safe and affordable abortions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did hooks describe as the two most important contributions to feminism?
2. Which movement does hooks describe as being most intense in the 1970s?
3. According to hooks, what is the ideal situation for women in terms of reproductive rights?
4. How did industries change as a result of changing women?
5. How did many white feminists react to black women pointing out racism within the feminist movement?
6. What does the text describe the consequences of the anti-male factions of the feminist movement as being?
7. Why were many radical feminists allegedly dismayed by their leaders?
8. What role does power feminism play in the downfall of feminism, according to hooks?
9. Describe the fundamental goal of visionary feminism, according to hooks.
10. According to hooks, what are the goals of feminism?
What is the difference between patriarchal violence and domestic violent according to hooks? Why does hooks prefer to use the term patriarchal violence? Do you agree with her? Why or why not?
What is the difference between reformist thinkers and revolutionary thinkers?
What role does spirituality play in the feminist movement that hooks portrays? Why might spirituality in the feminist movement provide conflict?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)