|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a consequence hooks describes as resulting from the fashion industry?
2. When did hooks learn about feminist politics?
3. In what type of society is every voice heard, according to hooks?
4. Which type of feminist did hooks consider to be most distrusting?
5. Anorexia and compulsive overeating are both described by hooks as being diseases with roots in lack of which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to hooks, what is the ideal situation for women in terms of reproductive rights?
2. What did the feminist movement encourage for education?
3. How did industries change as a result of changing women?
4. How did professors help hooks and other students?
5. What types of policies, according to hooks, caused women and children to suffer abuse at the hands of existing patriarchy?
6. What effect did The Feminine Mystique have on feminism?
7. In the 1960s, how did women show they were not constantly worried about being accepted by men for their appearance?
8. Describe the challenges to abortion rights brought by Christian groups.
9. How did conflict result as a matter of class and race in feminism?
10. What differences between same-sex and co-ed classes did hooks notice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do we need a resurgence of feminism, according to hooks? Is the argument Hooks makes valid about a resurgence of feminism? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How did some women actually slow down the progress of the feminist movement in hooks' opinion?
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between patriarchal violence and domestic violent according to hooks? Why does hooks prefer to use the term patriarchal violence? Do you agree with her? Why or why not?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)