|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Feminist liberation can only be a reality with societal shifts in what field, according to hooks?
2. Hooks claimed that women wanted to be seen most favorably by who?
3. What does hooks propose the public does to avoid passing on misinformation about feminism?
4. Which field did hooks claim the reformist movement focused on?
5. According to hooks, women's acceptance of their bodies has allowed them to accept what process?
Short Essay Questions
1. What types of policies, according to hooks, caused women and children to suffer abuse at the hands of existing patriarchy?
2. Which women had more access to contraceptives and abortions with the onset of the sexual revolution?
3. What did hooks describe as the two most important contributions to feminism?
4. Describe the challenges to abortion rights brought by Christian groups.
5. Why does hooks feel that white females were the first leaders of the feminist movement?
6. Which movement does hooks describe as being most intense in the 1970s?
7. What has become more accepted by women as it becomes more acceptable for women to accept their bodies?
8. According to hooks, what is the ideal situation for women in terms of reproductive rights?
9. Hooks claimed that in order for feminism to regain momentum, what is essential?
10. How did female bonding play a role in the feminist movement from hooks' perspective?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is hooks right when she asserts that feminism is for everybody? Why or why not? Does hooks effectively support this assertion? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What is global feminism? What role does global feminism play in your life? What does hooks suggest feminists do to be involved with global movements?
Essay Topic 3
Does hooks provide sufficient evidence to convince you as a reader that the feminist movement can end all forms of oppression and sexism? Why or why not?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)