|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks claims that focusing on what type of rights is necessary to protect the freedom of women?
2. What did hooks see as the basis that would ultimately undermine sexism and overthrow patriarchy?
3. According to hooks, who needed to cede their self-appointed ownership of feminism?
4. Which type of woman does hooks describe as having the options of both contraceptives and abortions?
5. According to hooks, who is feminism not targeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What differences between same-sex and co-ed classes did hooks notice?
2. How did the mass media portray feminists?
3. Why does hooks feel that white females were the first leaders of the feminist movement?
4. What did hooks mean when she said that feminism's greatest foe included the "enemy within"?
5. Which women had more access to contraceptives and abortions with the onset of the sexual revolution?
6. What are the differences between reformist thinkers and revolutionary thinkers?
7. How does hooks think the feminist movement hope to reach a broad and diverse audience?
8. How did industries change as a result of changing women?
9. How did conflict result as a matter of class and race in feminism?
10. How did female bonding play a role in the feminist movement from hooks' perspective?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hooks claims what were the effects of the sexual revolution on contraception and abortion?
Essay Topic 2
What does hooks say about lesbianism as it is related to the feminist movement? Why does hooks say that many lesbians were more dedicated to feminism? Is this a valid argument? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Does hooks provide sufficient evidence to convince you as a reader that the feminist movement can end all forms of oppression and sexism? Why or why not?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)