|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks explains that which of the following is the second goal of feminism?
2. In which classes at her university did hooks feel the most support?
3. Hooks saw that some white leaders were at first resistant to including the struggles of what type of women in shaping feminist thought?
4. Who, according to hooks, ended up slowing progress because they did not deal with their own internalized sexism?
5. The third goal of feminism is which of the following, according to bell hooks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has become more accepted by women as it becomes more acceptable for women to accept their bodies?
2. Why does hooks feel that white females were the first leaders of the feminist movement?
3. What types of policies, according to hooks, caused women and children to suffer abuse at the hands of existing patriarchy?
4. How did the mass media portray feminists?
5. What did the feminist movement encourage for education?
6. What are the differences between reformist thinkers and revolutionary thinkers?
7. How did hooks believe that some women actually slowed down progress?
8. What effect did The Feminine Mystique have on feminism?
9. Which women had more access to contraceptives and abortions with the onset of the sexual revolution?
10. According to hooks, what is the ideal situation for women in terms of reproductive rights?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does spirituality play in the feminist movement that hooks portrays? Why might spirituality in the feminist movement provide conflict?
Essay Topic 2
What does hooks say about lesbianism as it is related to the feminist movement? Why does hooks say that many lesbians were more dedicated to feminism? Is this a valid argument? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do we need a resurgence of feminism, according to hooks? Is the argument Hooks makes valid about a resurgence of feminism? Why or why not?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)