|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks claimed that what needs a restart?
2. Which of the following is a consequence hooks describes as resulting from the fashion industry?
3. Who encouraged her students to think first about the fate of women from working-class backgrounds?
4. According to hooks, who is feminism not targeting?
5. According to hooks, which type of activists were among the first to put a voice to inequities in an understandable language?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did hooks believe that some women actually slowed down progress?
2. What effect did The Feminine Mystique have on feminism?
3. Why does hooks say that a feminist is made, not born?
4. What types of policies, according to hooks, caused women and children to suffer abuse at the hands of existing patriarchy?
5. How did conflict result as a matter of class and race in feminism?
6. According to hooks, what are the goals of feminism?
7. How did female bonding play a role in the feminist movement from hooks' perspective?
8. What did hooks describe as the two most important contributions to feminism?
9. What are the differences between reformist thinkers and revolutionary thinkers?
10. What differences between same-sex and co-ed classes did hooks notice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does hooks describe feminist parents? How can parenting be feminist? Why is feminist parenting significant to the feminist movement?
Essay Topic 2
Why do we need a resurgence of feminism, according to hooks? Is the argument Hooks makes valid about a resurgence of feminism? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What does hooks say about lesbianism as it is related to the feminist movement? Why does hooks say that many lesbians were more dedicated to feminism? Is this a valid argument? Why or why not?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)