|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of woman does hooks describe as having the options of both contraceptives and abortions?
2. According to hooks, who undermines the feminist movement by disingenuously making claim to it?
3. According to hooks, who is feminism not targeting?
4. Where were the earliest feminist meetings held?
5. When did hooks learn about feminist politics?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has become more accepted by women as it becomes more acceptable for women to accept their bodies?
2. How did conflict result as a matter of class and race in feminism?
3. What differences between same-sex and co-ed classes did hooks notice?
4. What convinced black feminists that the feminist movement was a "white power grab," according to hooks?
5. What did hooks describe as the two most important contributions to feminism?
6. What types of policies, according to hooks, caused women and children to suffer abuse at the hands of existing patriarchy?
7. What are the differences between reformist thinkers and revolutionary thinkers?
8. Which women had more access to contraceptives and abortions with the onset of the sexual revolution?
9. What does hooks believe caused the displacement of feminist revolutionaries?
10. What did hooks mean when she said that feminism's greatest foe included the "enemy within"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does hooks define feminist masculinity? What role does feminist masculinity play in modern feminism and in general?
Essay Topic 2
What are some ways that hooks suggests feminism can gain momentum? Which ideas seem most realistic or practical? Why?
Essay Topic 3
What is global feminism? What role does global feminism play in your life? What does hooks suggest feminists do to be involved with global movements?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)