|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When feminism first began, hooks explains that which of the following was the second group feminism was split between?
2. What is defined as gaining power by the exploitation of others?
3. What does hooks describe as one of feminism's greatest foes?
4. Who were hooks' alleged stars of the feminist movement early on?
5. According to hooks, who should have access to safe and affordable abortions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did hooks describe as the two most important contributions to feminism?
2. Which movement does hooks describe as being most intense in the 1970s?
3. According to hooks, what is the ideal situation for women in terms of reproductive rights?
4. How did industries change as a result of changing women?
5. How did many white feminists react to black women pointing out racism within the feminist movement?
6. What does the text describe the consequences of the anti-male factions of the feminist movement as being?
7. Why were many radical feminists allegedly dismayed by their leaders?
8. What role does power feminism play in the downfall of feminism, according to hooks?
9. Describe the fundamental goal of visionary feminism, according to hooks.
10. According to hooks, what are the goals of feminism?
Essay Topic 1
Why do we need a resurgence of feminism, according to hooks? Is the argument Hooks makes valid about a resurgence of feminism? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why does the feminist movement struggle so much to build consciousness and awareness? What suggestions does hooks offer? Are they valid? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Does hooks provide sufficient evidence to convince you as a reader that the feminist movement can end all forms of oppression and sexism? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,209 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)