|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The feminist movement urged universities to rediscover what related to women and include it in their curriculum?
2. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
3. What did women come face to face with most with the onset of the sexual revolution?
4. When feminism first began, hooks explains that which of the following was the second group feminism was split between?
5. Hooks explains that which of the following is the second goal of feminism?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which movement does hooks describe as being most intense in the 1970s?
2. In the 1960s, how did women show they were not constantly worried about being accepted by men for their appearance?
3. Hooks claimed that in order for feminism to regain momentum, what is essential?
4. How did female bonding play a role in the feminist movement from hooks' perspective?
5. How did professors help hooks and other students?
6. How did hooks believe that some women actually slowed down progress?
7. What types of policies, according to hooks, caused women and children to suffer abuse at the hands of existing patriarchy?
8. How did industries change as a result of changing women?
9. How did conflict result as a matter of class and race in feminism?
10. According to hooks, what are the goals of feminism?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hooks claims what were the effects of the sexual revolution on contraception and abortion?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between reformist thinkers and revolutionary thinkers?
Essay Topic 3
Why does the feminist movement struggle so much to build consciousness and awareness? What suggestions does hooks offer? Are they valid? Why or why not?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)