|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group seems to be writing the most articles in magazines geared toward women, as witnessed by hooks?
2. The feminist movement urged universities to rediscover what related to women and include it in their curriculum?
3. How does hooks' "sisterhood" occur?
4. When feminism first began, hooks explains that which of the following was the second group feminism was split between?
5. According to hooks, who undermines the feminist movement by disingenuously making claim to it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the feminist movement encourage for education?
2. How did industries change as a result of changing women?
3. How did professors help hooks and other students?
4. What did hooks mean when she said that feminism's greatest foe included the "enemy within"?
5. What has become more accepted by women as it becomes more acceptable for women to accept their bodies?
6. What role does power feminism play in the downfall of feminism, according to hooks?
7. Describe the challenges to abortion rights brought by Christian groups.
8. How did the mass media portray feminists?
9. How did conflict result as a matter of class and race in feminism?
10. What does hooks believe caused the displacement of feminist revolutionaries?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does hooks define sexism and oppression? Do you think that sexism and oppression have the same presence in modern culture as in the past? Why or why not? What does hooks seem to think, and how do you know?
Essay Topic 2
What is global feminism? What role does global feminism play in your life? What does hooks suggest feminists do to be involved with global movements?
Essay Topic 3
What are some ways that hooks suggests feminism can gain momentum? Which ideas seem most realistic or practical? Why?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)