|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to hooks, who lost their jobs in the 1970s?
2. Which type of woman does hooks describe as having the options of both contraceptives and abortions?
3. According to hooks, which type of activists were among the first to put a voice to inequities in an understandable language?
4. What type of funding does hooks suggest is a goal for the feminist movement in order to read a broad and diverse audience?
5. According to hooks, who is feminism not targeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did hooks believe that some women actually slowed down progress?
2. What productive suggestions does hooks make for employment?
3. What are the consequences hooks describes of lacking sexual liberation?
4. What is required for women to be liberated from Hooks' perspective?
5. What were some of the problems that hooks witnessed with feminist parenting?
6. Hooks claimed that in order for feminism to regain momentum, what is essential?
7. How did the mass media portray feminists?
8. How did many white feminists react to black women pointing out racism within the feminist movement?
9. What did hooks describe as the two most important contributions to feminism?
10. What is the difference between a "woman-identified woman" and a "man-identified woman"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is global feminism? What role does global feminism play in your life? What does hooks suggest feminists do to be involved with global movements?
Essay Topic 2
What are some ways that hooks suggests feminism can gain momentum? Which ideas seem most realistic or practical? Why?
Essay Topic 3
What does hooks mean when she says that one of feminism's greatest foes was the "enemy within"? Do you agree with her on this issue? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,209 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)