|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does hooks give for why some women adopted feminist jargon without understanding it?
2. According to hooks, who should have access to safe and affordable abortions?
3. What decade did the book Ain't I a Woman address?
4. What does hooks describe as one of feminism's greatest foes?
5. What was the name of the professor who handed out one of hooks' poems?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did industries change as a result of changing women?
2. What did the feminist movement encourage for education?
3. According to hooks, what is the ideal situation for women in terms of reproductive rights?
4. What did hooks describe as the two most important contributions to feminism?
5. What role does power feminism play in the downfall of feminism, according to hooks?
6. Which women had more access to contraceptives and abortions with the onset of the sexual revolution?
7. Why does hooks feel that white females were the first leaders of the feminist movement?
8. How did professors help hooks and other students?
9. How did female bonding play a role in the feminist movement from hooks' perspective?
10. Which movement does hooks describe as being most intense in the 1970s?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of feminism in the workplace as hooks portrays it. Is feminism every inappropriate for the workplace? Why or why not? What role should feminism play in the workforce in general? Why do you think this is so?
Essay Topic 2
What role does marriage have in the feminist movement according to hooks? Why might it be appropriate or inappropriate for marriage and romantic partnership to exist in feminist activism? Is marriage sexist? What arguments does hooks offer?
Essay Topic 3
How did some women actually slow down the progress of the feminist movement in hooks' opinion?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)