|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks claimed that what needs a restart?
2. What is defined as gaining power by the exploitation of others?
3. Betty Friedan's book focused on which type of woman?
4. Hooks claimed that for feminism to regain momentum, what must be available for the masses, especially the young?
5. According to hooks, who is feminism not targeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the differences between reformist thinkers and revolutionary thinkers?
2. Hooks claimed that in order for feminism to regain momentum, what is essential?
3. What productive suggestions does hooks make for employment?
4. What did the conservative press tend to say about feminists?
5. When were black women finally able to voice their problems with racism in the feminist movement, according to hooks?
6. What does hooks describe as the challenge to freedom?
7. What effect did The Feminine Mystique have on feminism?
8. What is required for women to be liberated from Hooks' perspective?
9. What has become more accepted by women as it becomes more acceptable for women to accept their bodies?
10. What are some important issues that feminists are concerned with in countries that are not the United States of America?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does hooks define sexism and oppression? Do you think that sexism and oppression have the same presence in modern culture as in the past? Why or why not? What does hooks seem to think, and how do you know?
Essay Topic 2
How does hooks describe feminist parents? How can parenting be feminist? Why is feminist parenting significant to the feminist movement?
Essay Topic 3
How did some women actually slow down the progress of the feminist movement in hooks' opinion?
This section contains 1,224 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)