|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the 1970s, which movement was most powerful in hooks' opinion?
2. What is associated with the sexual revolution?
3. Which university did hooks attend?
4. As a result of which group's presence, according to hooks, is male domination expected?
5. Hooks claims that focusing on what type of rights is necessary to protect the freedom of women?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which movement does hooks describe as being most intense in the 1970s?
2. How did industries change as a result of changing women?
3. How did hooks believe that some women actually slowed down progress?
4. What effect did The Feminine Mystique have on feminism?
5. What does hooks believe caused the displacement of feminist revolutionaries?
6. How did the mass media portray feminists?
7. How did female bonding play a role in the feminist movement from hooks' perspective?
8. What are the differences between reformist thinkers and revolutionary thinkers?
9. What has become more accepted by women as it becomes more acceptable for women to accept their bodies?
10. What role does power feminism play in the downfall of feminism, according to hooks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does hooks describe feminist parents? How can parenting be feminist? Why is feminist parenting significant to the feminist movement?
Essay Topic 2
What is global feminism? What role does global feminism play in your life? What does hooks suggest feminists do to be involved with global movements?
Essay Topic 3
Is hooks right when she asserts that feminism is for everybody? Why or why not? Does hooks effectively support this assertion? Why or why not?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)