|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does hooks give for why some women adopted feminist jargon without understanding it?
2. Hooks states that the first goal of feminism is which of the following?
3. According to hooks, what gave permission for female bonding?
4. When did hooks learn about feminist politics?
5. Who do women need to stop mimicking, according to hooks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the feminist movement encourage for education?
2. What did hooks mean when she said that feminism's greatest foe included the "enemy within"?
3. Which movement does hooks describe as being most intense in the 1970s?
4. According to hooks, what are the goals of feminism?
5. What does hooks believe caused the displacement of feminist revolutionaries?
6. How did professors help hooks and other students?
7. Hooks claimed that in order for feminism to regain momentum, what is essential?
8. What differences between same-sex and co-ed classes did hooks notice?
9. How did the mass media portray feminists?
10. How did female bonding play a role in the feminist movement from hooks' perspective?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do we need a resurgence of feminism, according to hooks? Is the argument Hooks makes valid about a resurgence of feminism? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between reformist thinkers and revolutionary thinkers?
Essay Topic 3
Why does the feminist movement struggle so much to build consciousness and awareness? What suggestions does hooks offer? Are they valid? Why or why not?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)