|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What forced the shoe industry to produce low-heeled business shoes, according to hooks?
2. What decade did the book Ain't I a Woman address?
3. Which field did hooks claim the reformist movement focused on?
4. In which decade did many women begin to choose not to wear bras and girdles?
5. Hooks states that the first goal of feminism is which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did conflict result as a matter of class and race in feminism?
2. What differences between same-sex and co-ed classes did hooks notice?
3. What did hooks describe as being the consequences of unwanted pregnancies?
4. What does hooks believe caused the displacement of feminist revolutionaries?
5. How did hooks believe that some women actually slowed down progress?
6. Describe the challenges to abortion rights brought by Christian groups.
7. What types of policies, according to hooks, caused women and children to suffer abuse at the hands of existing patriarchy?
8. According to hooks, what are the goals of feminism?
9. What has become more accepted by women as it becomes more acceptable for women to accept their bodies?
10. How did female bonding play a role in the feminist movement from hooks' perspective?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some ways that hooks suggests feminism can gain momentum? Which ideas seem most realistic or practical? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between patriarchal violence and domestic violent according to hooks? Why does hooks prefer to use the term patriarchal violence? Do you agree with her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What is global feminism? What role does global feminism play in your life? What does hooks suggest feminists do to be involved with global movements?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)