|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do some women blame for forcing them into the workforce, according to Hooks?
(d) The economy.
2. Which of the following is the definition given for domestic violence?
(a) A small-minded person exerts force over another person.
(b) A powerful individual controls another through force.
(c) A man control a woman through force.
(d) A weak indvidual exerts force over a stronger one.
3. According to hooks, what changed the face of the feminist movement more than any other factor?
(a) The demand that feminism address oppression.
(b) The demand that feminism address sexism.
(c) The demand that feminism address race.
(d) The demand that feminism address ageism.
4. Hooks makes it clear that a "woman-identified woman" was not synonymous with which of the following?
(b) White woman.
5. What type of man does hooks describe as feeling unimportant and out of control?
(a) Unemployed men.
(b) Men with many children.
(c) Men with well-paying jobs.
(d) Men with bad mothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. As hooks described, "man-identified woman" would readily give up her activism if it threatened a relationship with who?
2. Who or what are the victims of the patriarchal system hooks' describes?
3. What type of relationships does feminism place the emphasis on, according to hooks?
4. Hooks describes which of the following as being the best example of anti-sexism thinking provided to children through the efforts of feminism?
5. What kind of activists were conflicted about the inclusion of spirituality in the feminist movement?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)