|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to be lacking in availability to men to help secure an identity not related to sexism and domination, according to hooks?
(a) Job security.
(b) Social outlets.
(c) Educational venues.
(d) Government programs.
2. Hooks describes risky cosmetic surgery as occurring where?
3. Who or what are the victims of the patriarchal system hooks' describes?
(b) Men and women.
(d) The economy.
4. What kind of activists were conflicted about the inclusion of spirituality in the feminist movement?
(a) Religious activists.
(b) Atheist activists.
(c) Liberal activists.
(d) Conservative activists.
5. Female sexual liberation was fancied by men who enjoyed having sex with what kind of women?
(a) Feminist women.
(b) Lesbian women.
(c) Black women.
(d) Uninhibited women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does hooks believe allowed women to choose to live with a man rather than to marry him?
2. Who was stereotyped and broadly given a sexist identity, according to hooks?
3. According to hooks, what liberates women?
4. What type of man does hooks describe as feeling unimportant and out of control?
5. Without addressing the issue of racism in the minds of white feminist leaders, why would feminism be doomed in hooks' perspective?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some important issues that feminists are concerned with in countries that are not the United States of America?
2. What are two practices hooks described as originating from sexism and misogyny?
3. Hooks claims that women who stayed at home often felt which way?
4. What impact did hooks describe visionary lesbians having on the feminist movement?
5. How did hooks, and other women, recognize that sexual liberation and sexual promiscuity were not the same thing?
6. What productive suggestions does hooks make for employment?
7. What role does spirituality and religion play in feminism?
8. Hooks claims that what changed the face of the feminist movement more than any other factor and why?
9. As long as the patriarchal system of dominance survives, what are the consequences that hooks describes?
10. According to hooks, what still needs to be done for racial relations?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)