|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of religions did many feminists look to in the early days of the movement?
(a) Eastern religions.
(b) Asian religions.
(d) Western religions.
2. Hooks claims that who must fight domestic violence before it can be ended?
(a) Men and women.
(b) White and black women.
(c) Children and adults.
(d) White and black men.
3. Without addressing the issue of racism in the minds of white feminist leaders, why would feminism be doomed in hooks' perspective?
(a) There would be no possibility for liberation.
(b) There would be no possibility of feminism continuing on.
(c) There would be no possibility for sisterhood.
(d) There would be no possibility to break down the bonds of patriarchy.
4. Who does hooks specifically say should be paid more?
(c) Business women.
(d) Stay at home mothers.
5. What does hooks describe as the anti-feminist backlash that is most damaging to children?
(a) The idea that men should never work at home.
(b) The idea that women should not be free to work outside the home.
(c) The idea that it is dysfunctional for children to be raised in household where a mother is the head.
(d) The idea that women should have many children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was stereotyped and broadly given a sexist identity, according to hooks?
2. Hooks claims that it became clear that what was not the challenge to freedom?
3. In a culture of domination, everyone is taught to accept violence as a means of what?
4. As hooks described, "man-identified woman" would readily give up her activism if it threatened a relationship with who?
5. Hooks claimed that she was how old when she began confronting the issue of racism and demanding change?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe a scenario in which somebody shows that patriarchal violence is acceptable.
2. What role does spirituality and religion play in feminism?
3. What impact did hooks describe visionary lesbians having on the feminist movement?
4. What productive suggestions does hooks make for employment?
5. What did the conservative press tend to say about feminists?
6. Hooks claims that women who stayed at home often felt which way?
7. What types of violence constitute patriarchal violence?
8. What is required for women to be liberated from Hooks' perspective?
9. How did many white feminists react to black women pointing out racism within the feminist movement?
10. Hooks claims that what changed the face of the feminist movement more than any other factor and why?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)