|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Feminism teaches that the only relationships between men and women that can survive are those in which both support which of the following?
(b) Traditional roles.
(c) Radical roles.
2. According to hooks, who are still socially isolated from each other?
(a) Black women and all other women.
(b) White women and all other women.
(c) Hispanic women and white women.
(d) Black women and white women.
3. According to hooks, which forms of violence must be fought against?
(a) Parent on child violence.
(b) Female on female violence.
(c) Male on female violence.
(d) All forms of violence.
4. Hooks claims that sexism could only be eliminated when men realized which of the following?
(a) They do not have to be dominant over anyone.
(b) They do not have to love all women.
(c) They do not have to be masculine.
(d) They do not have to hate women.
5. What type of imperialism did hooks describe many feminist leaders as subscribing to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what are the victims of the patriarchal system hooks' describes?
2. What does the word misogyny relate to?
3. What type of impact does hooks see visionary lesbians as having on the feminist movement?
4. What type of relationships does feminism place the emphasis on, according to hooks?
5. Hooks claimed that many women stay in bad relationships for what reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are two practices hooks described as originating from sexism and misogyny?
2. How did hooks, and other women, recognize that sexual liberation and sexual promiscuity were not the same thing?
3. What were some of the problems that hooks witnessed with feminist parenting?
4. What are the consequences hooks describes of lacking sexual liberation?
5. What are some important issues that feminists are concerned with in countries that are not the United States of America?
6. What were the benefits of sexual liberation, according to hooks?
7. What does the text describe the consequences of the anti-male factions of the feminist movement as being?
8. What role does spirituality and religion play in feminism?
9. What did the conservative press tend to say about feminists?
10. Why were many radical feminists allegedly dismayed by their leaders?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)