|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to hooks, working women received mixed messages from who?
(b) Reformist thinkers.
(c) Revolutionist thinkers.
2. Hooks proposes that men and women should be given state aid for how long while they pursue a career?
(a) While they are in college.
(b) 2 years.
(c) Less than a year.
(d) 1 year.
3. Which of the following is closest to the definition of self-actualization?
(a) A woman who lives for herself.
(b) A woman who identifies as a feminist.
(c) A woman who lives for her children.
(d) A woman who lives to serve her husband.
4. In a culture of domination, everyone is taught to accept violence as a means of what?
5. Freer-thinking younger generation black women in which decades felt free to confront white feminists about racism from hooks' perspective?
(a) 1970s and 1980s.
(b) 1950s and 1960s.
(c) 1980s and 1990s.
(d) 1990s and 2000s.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to hooks, where do sex clubs exist that feminists should be concerned with?
2. Hooks describes which of the following as being the best example of anti-sexism thinking provided to children through the efforts of feminism?
3. Hooks claims that sexism could only be eliminated when men realized which of the following?
4. It did not take women long to recognize that sexual liberation and which of the following were not the same, according to hooks?
5. Feminism teaches that the only relationships between men and women that can survive are those in which both support which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. When were black women finally able to voice their problems with racism in the feminist movement, according to hooks?
2. Hooks claims that women who stayed at home often felt which way?
3. Why and how did many working women receive mixed messages, according to hooks?
4. What were the benefits of sexual liberation, according to hooks?
5. What is required for women to be liberated from Hooks' perspective?
6. Why were many radical feminists allegedly dismayed by their leaders?
7. What are some important issues that feminists are concerned with in countries that are not the United States of America?
8. As long as the patriarchal system of dominance survives, what are the consequences that hooks describes?
9. What does hooks describe as the challenge to freedom?
10. Hooks claims that what changed the face of the feminist movement more than any other factor and why?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)