|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are more women allegedly beaten and murdered?
(a) On the streets.
(b) In shelters.
(c) Inside their homes.
(d) While running daily errands.
2. What kind of activists were conflicted about the inclusion of spirituality in the feminist movement?
(a) Atheist activists.
(b) Liberal activists.
(c) Religious activists.
(d) Conservative activists.
3. Which of the following did hooks describe as a barrier to the spread of feminism?
(c) Patriarchal religion.
4. According to hooks, what changed the face of the feminist movement more than any other factor?
(a) The demand that feminism address sexism.
(b) The demand that feminism address ageism.
(c) The demand that feminism address oppression.
(d) The demand that feminism address race.
5. By the 1990s, hooks claims that half the women in America were which of the following?
(a) Working women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Female sexual liberation was fancied by men who enjoyed having sex with what kind of women?
2. Hooks describes one of the major focuses of the early feminist movement as being what?
3. It did not take women long to recognize that sexual liberation and which of the following were not the same, according to hooks?
4. Which of the following is described by hooks as ending once the patriarchal system has been abolished?
5. Hooks claimed that the women who tried to establish the feminist agenda for women in third-world countries were comparable to who?
Short Essay Questions
1. What productive suggestions does hooks make for employment?
2. What impact did hooks describe visionary lesbians having on the feminist movement?
3. What are some important issues that feminists are concerned with in countries that are not the United States of America?
4. What is required for women to be liberated from Hooks' perspective?
5. How did hooks, and other women, recognize that sexual liberation and sexual promiscuity were not the same thing?
6. How have men suffered from the patriarchal system, according to hooks?
7. Describe a scenario in which somebody shows that patriarchal violence is acceptable.
8. How did many white feminists react to black women pointing out racism within the feminist movement?
9. Hooks claims that patriarchal violence is based on what beliefs?
10. What are two practices hooks described as originating from sexism and misogyny?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)