|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to be lacking in availability to men to help secure an identity not related to sexism and domination, according to hooks?
(a) Government programs.
(b) Job security.
(c) Educational venues.
(d) Social outlets.
2. Who does hooks seem to blame most for sweeping the issue of race under the rug?
(a) White men.
(b) Black men.
(c) White women.
(d) Black women.
3. Which group, according to hooks, has demonized feminism the most?
(a) Left-wing liberals.
(b) Right-wing fundamentalists.
(c) Religious groups.
4. Where does female circumcision occur as mentioned in the text?
5. What term refers to abstaining from sex?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks claimed that many women stay in bad relationships for what reason?
2. In a culture of domination, everyone is taught to accept violence as a means of what?
3. Hooks claimed that she was how old when she began confronting the issue of racism and demanding change?
4. Which of the following is not an example of domestic violence?
5. What type of man does hooks describe as feeling unimportant and out of control?
Short Essay Questions
1. As long as the patriarchal system of dominance survives, what are the consequences that hooks describes?
2. What are some important issues that feminists are concerned with in countries that are not the United States of America?
3. What are the consequences hooks describes of lacking sexual liberation?
4. What role does spirituality and religion play in feminism?
5. According to hooks, what still needs to be done for racial relations?
6. What wisdom does hooks find that lesbians brought to the feminist movement?
7. Hooks claims that patriarchal violence is based on what beliefs?
8. What were some of the problems that hooks witnessed with feminist parenting?
9. How did many white feminists react to black women pointing out racism within the feminist movement?
10. What does the text describe the consequences of the anti-male factions of the feminist movement as being?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)