|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As hooks described, "man-identified woman" would readily give up her activism if it threatened a relationship with who?
(a) A woman.
(c) A man.
2. What type of man does hooks describe as feeling unimportant and out of control?
(a) Men with bad mothers.
(b) Men with well-paying jobs.
(c) Men with many children.
(d) Unemployed men.
3. Where does female circumcision occur as mentioned in the text?
4. According to hooks, what led many women to think they could establish the feminist agenda for women all over the world?
5. According to hooks, early activists were remiss for not stressing which of the following?
(a) Mother-child relationships.
(b) Father-daughter relationships.
(c) Heterosexual relationships.
(d) Lesbian relationships.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to hooks, what liberates women?
2. What seems to be lacking in availability to men to help secure an identity not related to sexism and domination, according to hooks?
3. Which type of feminists were dismayed to learn their leaders were committed to imperialism, according to hooks?
4. Hooks used this term to describe the feminist view of men that is not threatening.
5. Where are more women allegedly beaten and murdered?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the benefits of sexual liberation, according to hooks?
2. Why were many radical feminists allegedly dismayed by their leaders?
3. What productive suggestions does hooks make for employment?
4. What are the consequences hooks describes of lacking sexual liberation?
5. What relationship did white feminists have to feminism in other parts of the world, according to hooks?
6. What are some important issues that feminists are concerned with in countries that are not the United States of America?
7. Hooks claims that patriarchal violence is based on what beliefs?
8. What impact did hooks describe visionary lesbians having on the feminist movement?
9. Hooks claims that what changed the face of the feminist movement more than any other factor and why?
10. Hooks claims that women who stayed at home often felt which way?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)