|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of relationships does feminism place the emphasis on, according to hooks?
(a) Religious and spiritual.
(b) Fun and casual.
(c) Equal and satisfying.
(d) Tyrannical and patriarchal.
2. What does hooks believe allowed women to choose to live with a man rather than to marry him?
(a) Sexual awakening.
(b) Sexual liberation.
(c) Sexual freedom.
(d) Sexual awareness.
3. Hooks proposed that more work needs to be done with the relationships between what kinds of women?
(a) White and black women in the workplace.
(b) White women in leadership and black women in leadership.
(c) Elderly white and elderly black women.
(d) Young white and young black girls.
4. According to hooks, who began engaging in sadomasochistic behavior, driving heterosexual women to turn to patriarchal models of sexual freedom?
(a) Radical lesbians.
5. What does hooks describe as the anti-feminist backlash that is most damaging to children?
(a) The idea that men should never work at home.
(b) The idea that it is dysfunctional for children to be raised in household where a mother is the head.
(c) The idea that women should have many children.
(d) The idea that women should not be free to work outside the home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freer-thinking younger generation black women in which decades felt free to confront white feminists about racism from hooks' perspective?
2. Hooks claims that feminist leaders must connect issues in other countries to issues where?
3. When some feminists within the movement sought to make the movement anti-male, what did hooks claim they deflected?
4. In a culture of domination, everyone is taught to accept violence as a means of what?
5. Who or what are the victims of the patriarchal system hooks' describes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were many radical feminists allegedly dismayed by their leaders?
2. What role does spirituality and religion play in feminism?
3. What were the benefits of sexual liberation, according to hooks?
4. What wisdom does hooks find that lesbians brought to the feminist movement?
5. Why and how did many working women receive mixed messages, according to hooks?
6. As long as the patriarchal system of dominance survives, what are the consequences that hooks describes?
7. Hooks claims that patriarchal violence is based on what beliefs?
8. Hooks claims that what changed the face of the feminist movement more than any other factor and why?
9. How have men suffered from the patriarchal system, according to hooks?
10. What were some of the problems that hooks witnessed with feminist parenting?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)