|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to hooks, where do sex clubs exist that feminists should be concerned with?
(c) Middle East.
(d) Far East.
2. Hooks' description of domestic violence is connected to what kind of domination?
(a) Male domination.
(b) Female domination.
(c) Racist domination.
(d) Child domination.
3. Who does hooks specifically say should be paid more?
(a) Business women.
(d) Stay at home mothers.
4. Freer-thinking younger generation black women in which decades felt free to confront white feminists about racism from hooks' perspective?
(a) 1970s and 1980s.
(b) 1950s and 1960s.
(c) 1990s and 2000s.
(d) 1980s and 1990s.
5. According to hooks, who knew the plight of the black woman better than anybody?
(a) Activists during the civil war.
(b) White women who faced sexism at work.
(c) Activists in the civil rights movement.
(d) Activists during the 1980s.
Short Answer Questions
1. From hooks' point of view, why did many conservative presses consistently present feminists as "man haters"?
2. What kind of activists were conflicted about the inclusion of spirituality in the feminist movement?
3. Hooks proposes that men and women should be given state aid for how long while they pursue a career?
4. Who or what are the victims of the patriarchal system hooks' describes?
5. Who was stereotyped and broadly given a sexist identity, according to hooks?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to hooks, what still needs to be done for racial relations?
2. Why were many radical feminists allegedly dismayed by their leaders?
3. What does hooks describe as the challenge to freedom?
4. What is the difference between a "woman-identified woman" and a "man-identified woman"?
5. Hooks claims that patriarchal violence is based on what beliefs?
6. Describe a scenario in which somebody shows that patriarchal violence is acceptable.
7. Hooks claims that what changed the face of the feminist movement more than any other factor and why?
8. What impact did hooks describe visionary lesbians having on the feminist movement?
9. Why and how did many working women receive mixed messages, according to hooks?
10. What productive suggestions does hooks make for employment?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)