|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of impact does hooks see visionary lesbians as having on the feminist movement?
2. Feminism teaches that the only relationships between men and women that can survive are those in which both support which of the following?
(a) Traditional roles.
(c) Radical roles.
3. What type of relationships does feminism place the emphasis on, according to hooks?
(a) Equal and satisfying.
(b) Religious and spiritual.
(c) Fun and casual.
(d) Tyrannical and patriarchal.
4. Which of the following did hooks describe as a barrier to the spread of feminism?
(d) Patriarchal religion.
5. Hooks claimed that she was how old when she began confronting the issue of racism and demanding change?
Short Answer Questions
1. By the 1990s, hooks claims that half the women in America were which of the following?
2. What system allows dominance to survive, according to hooks?
3. Hooks describes risky cosmetic surgery as occurring where?
4. Hooks makes it clear that a "woman-identified woman" was not synonymous with which of the following?
5. What term refers to abstaining from sex?
Short Essay Questions
1. What wisdom does hooks find that lesbians brought to the feminist movement?
2. What were some of the problems that hooks witnessed with feminist parenting?
3. What relationship did white feminists have to feminism in other parts of the world, according to hooks?
4. What were the benefits of sexual liberation, according to hooks?
5. What are some important issues that feminists are concerned with in countries that are not the United States of America?
6. Why and how did many working women receive mixed messages, according to hooks?
7. What is required for women to be liberated from Hooks' perspective?
8. According to hooks, what still needs to be done for racial relations?
9. What does the text describe the consequences of the anti-male factions of the feminist movement as being?
10. What does hooks describe as the challenge to freedom?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)