|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what are the victims of the patriarchal system hooks' describes?
(b) Men and women.
(d) The economy.
2. Which of the following did hooks describe as a barrier to the spread of feminism?
(a) Patriarchal religion.
3. According to hooks, who are still socially isolated from each other?
(a) Hispanic women and white women.
(b) Black women and all other women.
(c) Black women and white women.
(d) White women and all other women.
4. Without addressing the issue of racism in the minds of white feminist leaders, why would feminism be doomed in hooks' perspective?
(a) There would be no possibility to break down the bonds of patriarchy.
(b) There would be no possibility of feminism continuing on.
(c) There would be no possibility for sisterhood.
(d) There would be no possibility for liberation.
5. According to hooks, how many cents out of each dollar that men earned did women earn?
(a) 23 cents.
(b) 90 cents.
(c) 73 cents.
(d) 50 cents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What movement rose when anti-feminist thinking gave rise?
2. Freer-thinking younger generation black women in which decades felt free to confront white feminists about racism from hooks' perspective?
3. According to hooks, which forms of violence must be fought against?
4. What does the word misogyny relate to?
5. What type of relationships does feminism place the emphasis on, according to hooks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the conservative press tend to say about feminists?
2. What role does spirituality and religion play in feminism?
3. What impact did hooks describe visionary lesbians having on the feminist movement?
4. Hooks claims that patriarchal violence is based on what beliefs?
5. What are two practices hooks described as originating from sexism and misogyny?
6. What does the text describe the consequences of the anti-male factions of the feminist movement as being?
7. What are the consequences hooks describes of lacking sexual liberation?
8. As long as the patriarchal system of dominance survives, what are the consequences that hooks describes?
9. What were the benefits of sexual liberation, according to hooks?
10. When were black women finally able to voice their problems with racism in the feminist movement, according to hooks?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)