|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks claimed that she was how old when she began confronting the issue of racism and demanding change?
2. What does the word misogyny relate to?
(a) Fear of marriage.
3. Freer-thinking younger generation black women in which decades felt free to confront white feminists about racism from hooks' perspective?
(a) 1970s and 1980s.
(b) 1950s and 1960s.
(c) 1980s and 1990s.
(d) 1990s and 2000s.
4. Who does hooks specifically say should be paid more?
(c) Stay at home mothers.
(d) Business women.
5. By the 1990s, hooks claims that half the women in America were which of the following?
(c) Working women.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to hooks, what changed the face of the feminist movement more than any other factor?
2. According to many reformist thinkers, what made a woman liberated?
3. In the 1960s, what fraction of America's women were working?
4. In the scenario that hooks presents, what did the young girl notice about the women who appeared on TV or in magazines?
5. Hooks describes risky cosmetic surgery as occurring where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the consequences hooks describes of lacking sexual liberation?
2. According to hooks, what still needs to be done for racial relations?
3. What is required for women to be liberated from Hooks' perspective?
4. Why were many radical feminists allegedly dismayed by their leaders?
5. How did hooks, and other women, recognize that sexual liberation and sexual promiscuity were not the same thing?
6. Why and how did many working women receive mixed messages, according to hooks?
7. Hooks claims that patriarchal violence is based on what beliefs?
8. What productive suggestions does hooks make for employment?
9. How have men suffered from the patriarchal system, according to hooks?
10. How did many white feminists react to black women pointing out racism within the feminist movement?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)