|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is closest to the definition of self-actualization?
(a) A woman who lives for herself.
(b) A woman who lives for her children.
(c) A woman who identifies as a feminist.
(d) A woman who lives to serve her husband.
2. According to hooks, who are still socially isolated from each other?
(a) Black women and all other women.
(b) Black women and white women.
(c) White women and all other women.
(d) Hispanic women and white women.
3. Which of the following is the definition given for domestic violence?
(a) A weak indvidual exerts force over a stronger one.
(b) A man control a woman through force.
(c) A powerful individual controls another through force.
(d) A small-minded person exerts force over another person.
4. Which type of feminists were dismayed to learn their leaders were committed to imperialism, according to hooks?
(a) Radical feminists.
(b) Conservative feminists.
(c) Reformist feminists.
(d) Revolutionary feminists.
5. What system allows dominance to survive, according to hooks?
(a) Socialist system.
(b) Patriarchal system.
(c) Capitalist system.
(d) Racist sytem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group, according to hooks, has demonized feminism the most?
2. According to hooks, what liberates women?
3. Who is most prominent to hooks as paving the way for reconsideration of racist issues for society?
4. Hooks claims there is a link between domestic violence and what?
5. According to hooks, what led many women to think they could establish the feminist agenda for women all over the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the benefits of sexual liberation, according to hooks?
2. What is the difference between a "woman-identified woman" and a "man-identified woman"?
3. What types of violence constitute patriarchal violence?
4. What is required for women to be liberated from Hooks' perspective?
5. What are two practices hooks described as originating from sexism and misogyny?
6. How have men suffered from the patriarchal system, according to hooks?
7. How did hooks, and other women, recognize that sexual liberation and sexual promiscuity were not the same thing?
8. How did many white feminists react to black women pointing out racism within the feminist movement?
9. What relationship did white feminists have to feminism in other parts of the world, according to hooks?
10. What are the consequences hooks describes of lacking sexual liberation?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)