|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks proposes that men and women should be given state aid for how long while they pursue a career?
(a) Less than a year.
(b) 1 year.
(c) While they are in college.
(d) 2 years.
2. According to hooks, where do sex clubs exist that feminists should be concerned with?
(b) Far East.
(c) Middle East.
3. What message does hooks attribute some feminists as being reluctant to send?
(a) That the oppressor was always bad.
(b) That the oppressor was part of the movement.
(c) That the feminist movement did not welcome new members.
(d) That men were not allowed to be feminists.
4. Who was stereotyped and broadly given a sexist identity, according to hooks?
(a) Black men.
(c) White men.
5. Hooks proposed that more work needs to be done with the relationships between what kinds of women?
(a) Young white and young black girls.
(b) Elderly white and elderly black women.
(c) White and black women in the workplace.
(d) White women in leadership and black women in leadership.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of women were typically reformist thinkers, in hooks' opinion?
2. Hooks makes it clear that a "woman-identified woman" was not synonymous with which of the following?
3. What is the other term that hooks uses to describe domestic violence?
4. What movement rose when anti-feminist thinking gave rise?
5. Which group, according to hooks, has demonized feminism the most?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the consequences hooks describes of lacking sexual liberation?
2. What wisdom does hooks find that lesbians brought to the feminist movement?
3. Hooks claims that patriarchal violence is based on what beliefs?
4. What were the benefits of sexual liberation, according to hooks?
5. What did the conservative press tend to say about feminists?
6. Hooks claims that women who stayed at home often felt which way?
7. What role does spirituality and religion play in feminism?
8. What relationship did white feminists have to feminism in other parts of the world, according to hooks?
9. According to hooks, what still needs to be done for racial relations?
10. Why were many radical feminists allegedly dismayed by their leaders?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)