|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks proposed that more work needs to be done with the relationships between what kinds of women?
(a) Young white and young black girls.
(b) White women in leadership and black women in leadership.
(c) White and black women in the workplace.
(d) Elderly white and elderly black women.
2. According to hooks, where do sex clubs exist that feminists should be concerned with?
(a) Middle East.
(c) Far East.
3. What seems to be lacking in availability to men to help secure an identity not related to sexism and domination, according to hooks?
(a) Government programs.
(b) Social outlets.
(c) Educational venues.
(d) Job security.
4. What did some members of the media do to feed into the nation's homophobia?
(a) They referred to all feminist leaders as lesbians.
(b) They claimed that women with equal rights would become lesbians.
(c) They claimed there was no use for gay men.
(d) They claimed that all feminist men were gay.
5. Which group, according to hooks, has demonized feminism the most?
(a) Right-wing fundamentalists.
(c) Left-wing liberals.
(d) Religious groups.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of feminists were dismayed to learn their leaders were committed to imperialism, according to hooks?
2. Who does hooks specifically say should be paid more?
3. Which of the following is not an example of domestic violence?
4. Hooks describes the conservative solution for the hard life of working women as what?
5. According to hooks, how many cents out of each dollar that men earned did women earn?
Short Essay Questions
1. When were black women finally able to voice their problems with racism in the feminist movement, according to hooks?
2. How did many white feminists react to black women pointing out racism within the feminist movement?
3. What is the difference between a "woman-identified woman" and a "man-identified woman"?
4. What are the consequences hooks describes of lacking sexual liberation?
5. Hooks claims that patriarchal violence is based on what beliefs?
6. What productive suggestions does hooks make for employment?
7. Why and how did many working women receive mixed messages, according to hooks?
8. What role does spirituality and religion play in feminism?
9. Describe a scenario in which somebody shows that patriarchal violence is acceptable.
10. How did hooks, and other women, recognize that sexual liberation and sexual promiscuity were not the same thing?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)