|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks describes one of the major focuses of the early feminist movement as being what?
(a) Raising girls to believe in themselves.
(b) Raising children free of sexist thinking.
(c) Raising boys to respect girls.
(d) Raising children to become good adults.
2. Many feared that radical feminists wanted men to become which of the following?
3. Female sexual liberation was fancied by men who enjoyed having sex with what kind of women?
(a) Feminist women.
(b) Lesbian women.
(c) Uninhibited women.
(d) Black women.
4. What do some women blame for forcing them into the workforce, according to Hooks?
(c) The economy.
5. Which of the following is closest to the definition of self-actualization?
(a) A woman who identifies as a feminist.
(b) A woman who lives to serve her husband.
(c) A woman who lives for herself.
(d) A woman who lives for her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does female circumcision occur as mentioned in the text?
2. What type of impact does hooks see visionary lesbians as having on the feminist movement?
3. Hooks claims that feminist leaders must connect issues in other countries to issues where?
4. According to hooks, where do sex clubs exist that feminists should be concerned with?
5. What movement rose when anti-feminist thinking gave rise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What productive suggestions does hooks make for employment?
2. What role does spirituality and religion play in feminism?
3. Hooks claims that patriarchal violence is based on what beliefs?
4. What did the conservative press tend to say about feminists?
5. How have men suffered from the patriarchal system, according to hooks?
6. When were black women finally able to voice their problems with racism in the feminist movement, according to hooks?
7. Hooks claims that what changed the face of the feminist movement more than any other factor and why?
8. What are two practices hooks described as originating from sexism and misogyny?
9. What types of violence constitute patriarchal violence?
10. What were some of the problems that hooks witnessed with feminist parenting?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)