|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what are the victims of the patriarchal system hooks' describes?
(a) The economy.
(c) Men and women.
2. In the 1960s, what fraction of America's women were working?
3. Hooks makes it clear that a "woman-identified woman" was not synonymous with which of the following?
(d) White woman.
4. Which of the following is described by hooks as ending once the patriarchal system has been abolished?
5. According to hooks, who knew the plight of the black woman better than anybody?
(a) Activists in the civil rights movement.
(b) White women who faced sexism at work.
(c) Activists during the civil war.
(d) Activists during the 1980s.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to hooks, what changed the face of the feminist movement more than any other factor?
2. Hooks said that which of the following did some women begin to understand that resulted in the focus of feminism shifting away from just the rights of privileged women?
3. Hooks describes which of the following as being the best example of anti-sexism thinking provided to children through the efforts of feminism?
4. According to hooks, working women received mixed messages from who?
5. What do some women blame for forcing them into the workforce, according to Hooks?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have men suffered from the patriarchal system, according to hooks?
2. What role does spirituality and religion play in feminism?
3. What does the text describe the consequences of the anti-male factions of the feminist movement as being?
4. What are two practices hooks described as originating from sexism and misogyny?
5. According to hooks, what still needs to be done for racial relations?
6. What were the benefits of sexual liberation, according to hooks?
7. How did many white feminists react to black women pointing out racism within the feminist movement?
8. Why and how did many working women receive mixed messages, according to hooks?
9. What are some important issues that feminists are concerned with in countries that are not the United States of America?
10. What is required for women to be liberated from Hooks' perspective?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)