|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group, according to hooks, has demonized feminism the most?
(a) Left-wing liberals.
(b) Religious groups.
(d) Right-wing fundamentalists.
2. Hooks describes women as being veiled in which countries?
(a) South American countries.
(c) Asian countries.
(d) Mid-eastern and African countries.
3. According to hooks, who began engaging in sadomasochistic behavior, driving heterosexual women to turn to patriarchal models of sexual freedom?
(d) Radical lesbians.
4. Early feminists looked to the spiritual works of a mystic named which of the following?
5. Who was stereotyped and broadly given a sexist identity, according to hooks?
(b) Black men.
(c) White men.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to hooks, early activists were remiss for not stressing which of the following?
2. Which of the following is the definition given for domestic violence?
3. What did some members of the media do to feed into the nation's homophobia?
4. What kind of religions did many feminists look to in the early days of the movement?
5. What type of imperialism did hooks describe many feminist leaders as subscribing to?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)