|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks said that which of the following did some women begin to understand that resulted in the focus of feminism shifting away from just the rights of privileged women?
(a) The position of the black female.
(b) The position of black men.
(c) The position of white women.
(d) The position of children.
2. Who does hooks seem to blame most for sweeping the issue of race under the rug?
(a) White women.
(b) Black women.
(c) Black men.
(d) White men.
3. What message does hooks attribute some feminists as being reluctant to send?
(a) That the feminist movement did not welcome new members.
(b) That the oppressor was part of the movement.
(c) That men were not allowed to be feminists.
(d) That the oppressor was always bad.
4. Who was stereotyped and broadly given a sexist identity, according to hooks?
(b) Black men.
(d) White men.
5. According to hooks, what did privileged-class white women expect lower classes and blacks to be in the feminist movement?
Short Answer Questions
1. What term refers to abstaining from sex?
2. What type of man does hooks describe as feeling unimportant and out of control?
3. What do some women blame for forcing them into the workforce, according to Hooks?
4. What system allows dominance to survive, according to hooks?
5. It did not take women long to recognize that sexual liberation and which of the following were not the same, according to hooks?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)