|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the word misogyny relate to?
(a) Fear of marriage.
2. Hooks attributes who to contributing to young boys' distorted view of what defines masculinity when it came to feminist parenting?
3. Hooks claims that it became clear that what was not the challenge to freedom?
4. Feminism teaches that the only relationships between men and women that can survive are those in which both support which of the following?
(a) Radical roles.
(d) Traditional roles.
5. Without addressing the issue of racism in the minds of white feminist leaders, why would feminism be doomed in hooks' perspective?
(a) There would be no possibility for liberation.
(b) There would be no possibility for sisterhood.
(c) There would be no possibility of feminism continuing on.
(d) There would be no possibility to break down the bonds of patriarchy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks claimed that the women who tried to establish the feminist agenda for women in third-world countries were comparable to who?
2. Who did hooks describe as joining the feminist movement out of natural progression?
3. What does hooks describe as the anti-feminist backlash that is most damaging to children?
4. As hooks described, "man-identified woman" would readily give up her activism if it threatened a relationship with who?
5. According to hooks, what changed the face of the feminist movement more than any other factor?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to hooks, what still needs to be done for racial relations?
2. As long as the patriarchal system of dominance survives, what are the consequences that hooks describes?
3. Why and how did many working women receive mixed messages, according to hooks?
4. What are the consequences hooks describes of lacking sexual liberation?
5. What were the benefits of sexual liberation, according to hooks?
6. Hooks claims that patriarchal violence is based on what beliefs?
7. What is required for women to be liberated from Hooks' perspective?
8. How did many white feminists react to black women pointing out racism within the feminist movement?
9. What does the text describe the consequences of the anti-male factions of the feminist movement as being?
10. What were some of the problems that hooks witnessed with feminist parenting?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)