|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Feminism teaches that the only relationships between men and women that can survive are those in which both support which of the following?
(a) Radical roles.
(b) Traditional roles.
2. In the 1960s, what fraction of America's women were working?
3. Hooks makes it clear that a "woman-identified woman" was not synonymous with which of the following?
(b) White woman.
4. Hooks proposed that more work needs to be done with the relationships between what kinds of women?
(a) White women in leadership and black women in leadership.
(b) Elderly white and elderly black women.
(c) Young white and young black girls.
(d) White and black women in the workplace.
5. Who does hooks seem to blame most for sweeping the issue of race under the rug?
(a) Black women.
(b) White women.
(c) White men.
(d) Black men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does hooks specifically say should be paid more?
2. Hooks describes the conservative solution for the hard life of working women as what?
3. What seems to be lacking in availability to men to help secure an identity not related to sexism and domination, according to hooks?
4. What does the word misogyny relate to?
5. Hooks claimed that many women stay in bad relationships for what reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. What types of violence constitute patriarchal violence?
2. What were the benefits of sexual liberation, according to hooks?
3. Hooks claims that what changed the face of the feminist movement more than any other factor and why?
4. When were black women finally able to voice their problems with racism in the feminist movement, according to hooks?
5. What are some important issues that feminists are concerned with in countries that are not the United States of America?
6. What does hooks describe as the challenge to freedom?
7. According to hooks, what still needs to be done for racial relations?
8. What were some of the problems that hooks witnessed with feminist parenting?
9. What does the text describe the consequences of the anti-male factions of the feminist movement as being?
10. What wisdom does hooks find that lesbians brought to the feminist movement?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)