|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message does hooks attribute some feminists as being reluctant to send?
(a) That the oppressor was part of the movement.
(b) That the feminist movement did not welcome new members.
(c) That the oppressor was always bad.
(d) That men were not allowed to be feminists.
2. Who does hooks claim will feel more entitled to maintain control by any means?
(a) Those who want power.
(b) Those in power.
(c) Those with no power.
(d) Those who can never have power.
3. Who was stereotyped and broadly given a sexist identity, according to hooks?
(c) Black men.
(d) White men.
4. Hooks describes risky cosmetic surgery as occurring where?
5. In the 1960s, what fraction of America's women were working?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to hooks, who knew the plight of the black woman better than anybody?
2. Freer-thinking younger generation black women in which decades felt free to confront white feminists about racism from hooks' perspective?
3. What movement rose when anti-feminist thinking gave rise?
4. Which type of feminists were dismayed to learn their leaders were committed to imperialism, according to hooks?
5. Hooks claims that it became clear that what was not the challenge to freedom?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)