|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks makes it clear that a "woman-identified woman" was not synonymous with which of the following?
(a) White woman.
2. Who or what are the victims of the patriarchal system hooks' describes?
(b) Men and women.
(d) The economy.
3. Hooks describes risky cosmetic surgery as occurring where?
4. Who did hooks describe as joining the feminist movement out of natural progression?
(a) Activist lesbians.
(b) Gay men.
(c) White men.
(d) Black women.
5. It did not take women long to recognize that sexual liberation and which of the following were not the same, according to hooks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of man does hooks describe as feeling unimportant and out of control?
2. Hooks describes women as being veiled in which countries?
3. What type of relationships does feminism place the emphasis on, according to hooks?
4. Where does female circumcision occur as mentioned in the text?
5. When some feminists within the movement sought to make the movement anti-male, what did hooks claim they deflected?
Short Essay Questions
1. When were black women finally able to voice their problems with racism in the feminist movement, according to hooks?
2. How have men suffered from the patriarchal system, according to hooks?
3. Describe a scenario in which somebody shows that patriarchal violence is acceptable.
4. What are some important issues that feminists are concerned with in countries that are not the United States of America?
5. Why and how did many working women receive mixed messages, according to hooks?
6. What is required for women to be liberated from Hooks' perspective?
7. What relationship did white feminists have to feminism in other parts of the world, according to hooks?
8. What wisdom does hooks find that lesbians brought to the feminist movement?
9. What types of violence constitute patriarchal violence?
10. Hooks claims that patriarchal violence is based on what beliefs?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)