|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of man does hooks describe as feeling unimportant and out of control?
(a) Unemployed men.
(b) Men with well-paying jobs.
(c) Men with bad mothers.
(d) Men with many children.
2. Which of the following is not an example of domestic violence?
(a) A man punches a stranger on the street.
(b) A lesbian woman punches her lover.
(c) A man punches his wife.
(d) A man punches his son.
3. Who is most prominent to hooks as paving the way for reconsideration of racist issues for society?
(a) Black activists.
(b) Black men.
(c) Hispanic women.
(d) White leaders.
4. Hooks describes women as being veiled in which countries?
(a) Asian countries.
(b) South American countries.
(d) Mid-eastern and African countries.
5. What term refers to abstaining from sex?
Short Answer Questions
1. Great concern exists among feminists for the plight of women in which countries?
2. According to hooks, what liberates women?
3. What seems to be lacking in availability to men to help secure an identity not related to sexism and domination, according to hooks?
4. What message does hooks attribute some feminists as being reluctant to send?
5. What type of imperialism did hooks describe many feminist leaders as subscribing to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the text describe the consequences of the anti-male factions of the feminist movement as being?
2. What were some of the problems that hooks witnessed with feminist parenting?
3. What are some important issues that feminists are concerned with in countries that are not the United States of America?
4. What does hooks describe as the challenge to freedom?
5. What impact did hooks describe visionary lesbians having on the feminist movement?
6. How have men suffered from the patriarchal system, according to hooks?
7. What relationship did white feminists have to feminism in other parts of the world, according to hooks?
8. How did many white feminists react to black women pointing out racism within the feminist movement?
9. According to hooks, what still needs to be done for racial relations?
10. As long as the patriarchal system of dominance survives, what are the consequences that hooks describes?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)