|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what type of society is every voice heard, according to hooks?
(a) Neutral society.
(b) Revolutionary society.
(c) Patriarchal society.
(d) Feminist society.
2. Feminist liberation can only be a reality with societal shifts in what field, according to hooks?
(a) Class elitism.
(b) Racial elitism.
(c) Educational elitism.
(d) Career elitism.
3. The feminist movement urged universities to rediscover what related to women and include it in their curriculum?
4. Anorexia and compulsive overeating are both described by hooks as being diseases with roots in lack of which of the following?
(c) Body weight.
5. As opportunities grew for women, what type of solidarity began to wither, from hooks' perspective?
(a) Solidarity among men and women.
(b) Solidarity among all races of women.
(c) Solidarity among all classes of women.
(d) Solidarity among all ages of women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks describes which decade as having a resurgence of obsession with appearance?
2. What is associated with the sexual revolution?
3. What is defined as gaining power by the exploitation of others?
4. Hooks claimed that what needs a restart?
5. What types of abortions have anti-abortion movement groups targeted most?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did female bonding play a role in the feminist movement from hooks' perspective?
2. Describe the challenges to abortion rights brought by Christian groups.
3. How did the mass media portray feminists?
4. According to hooks, what is the ideal situation for women in terms of reproductive rights?
5. What did the feminist movement encourage for education?
6. How does hooks think the feminist movement hope to reach a broad and diverse audience?
7. Which women had more access to contraceptives and abortions with the onset of the sexual revolution?
8. According to hooks, what are the goals of feminism?
9. How did professors help hooks and other students?
10. What types of policies, according to hooks, caused women and children to suffer abuse at the hands of existing patriarchy?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)