|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the earliest feminist meetings held?
(a) In government buildings.
(b) In classrooms.
(c) In town halls.
(d) In the homes of activists.
2. Hooks reports that which group was most displaced by high-profile women being put in the spotlight of the feminist movement?
(a) Feminist reformists.
(b) Feminist revolutionaries.
(c) Working-class women.
3. In which classes at her university did hooks feel the most support?
(c) Women's studies.
4. The third goal of feminism is which of the following, according to bell hooks?
(a) To end intolerance.
(b) To end oppression.
(c) To end racism.
(d) To end hatred.
5. What was the most sought after reproductive safegaurd in the sexual revolution?
(b) Birth control pills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which groups took the most issue with abortion and contraception?
2. In which decade did many women begin to choose not to wear bras and girdles?
3. The advent of no-fault divorces tended to favor who, according to hooks?
4. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
5. Who sought out dangerous, illegal abortions, according to hooks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does hooks feel that white females were the first leaders of the feminist movement?
2. Which women had more access to contraceptives and abortions with the onset of the sexual revolution?
3. Hooks claimed that in order for feminism to regain momentum, what is essential?
4. According to hooks, what are the goals of feminism?
5. How did female bonding play a role in the feminist movement from hooks' perspective?
6. How did the mass media portray feminists?
7. What did the feminist movement encourage for education?
8. What effect did The Feminine Mystique have on feminism?
9. What has become more accepted by women as it becomes more acceptable for women to accept their bodies?
10. What types of policies, according to hooks, caused women and children to suffer abuse at the hands of existing patriarchy?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)