|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the second type of new policy that hooks' claims as creating a new underclass of women and children who suffered as a result of patriarchy?
(a) Dress code policies.
(b) Minimum wage laws.
(c) Welfare assistance.
(d) Public strike laws.
2. In what type of society is every voice heard, according to hooks?
(a) Feminist society.
(b) Revolutionary society.
(c) Patriarchal society.
(d) Neutral society.
3. For centuries, what were women taught that their worth was, according to hooks?
(a) Their skills.
(b) Their intelligence.
(c) Their money.
(d) Their appearance.
4. Hooks describes which decade as having a resurgence of obsession with appearance?
5. Who do women need to stop mimicking, according to hooks?
(a) Powerful women.
(b) Weak women.
(d) Powerful men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which university did hooks attend?
2. Hooks believes that young women growing up at the time the book was written will feel that what issue is no longer a problem?
3. What is associated with the sexual revolution?
4. Hooks claimed that what needs a restart?
5. Hooks claims that focusing on what type of rights is necessary to protect the freedom of women?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the challenges to abortion rights brought by Christian groups.
2. How does hooks think the feminist movement hope to reach a broad and diverse audience?
3. According to hooks, what is the ideal situation for women in terms of reproductive rights?
4. What differences between same-sex and co-ed classes did hooks notice?
5. What are the differences between reformist thinkers and revolutionary thinkers?
6. Which movement does hooks describe as being most intense in the 1970s?
7. What did the feminist movement encourage for education?
8. How did the mass media portray feminists?
9. What convinced black feminists that the feminist movement was a "white power grab," according to hooks?
10. Hooks claimed that in order for feminism to regain momentum, what is essential?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)