|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks saw that some white leaders were at first resistant to including the struggles of what type of women in shaping feminist thought?
(a) Hispanic women.
(b) Black women.
(c) Teenage women.
(d) Elderly women.
2. Which type of woman does hooks describe as having the options of both contraceptives and abortions?
(a) Poor women.
(b) White women.
(c) Privileged women.
(d) Black women.
3. What did hooks see as the basis that would ultimately undermine sexism and overthrow patriarchy?
(b) The bonding of the working-class women.
(c) Upper class women.
4. Hooks describes which decade as having a resurgence of obsession with appearance?
5. Who sought out dangerous, illegal abortions, according to hooks?
(a) Poor and black women.
(b) White women.
(c) Black women.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which classes at her university did hooks feel the most support?
2. Who, according to hooks, ended up slowing progress because they did not deal with their own internalized sexism?
3. For centuries, what were women taught that their worth was, according to hooks?
4. The feminist movement urged universities to rediscover what related to women and include it in their curriculum?
5. What decade did the book Ain't I a Woman address?
Short Essay Questions
1. What differences between same-sex and co-ed classes did hooks notice?
2. What effect did The Feminine Mystique have on feminism?
3. How does hooks think the feminist movement hope to reach a broad and diverse audience?
4. In the 1960s, how did women show they were not constantly worried about being accepted by men for their appearance?
5. How did hooks believe that some women actually slowed down progress?
6. What did hooks describe as being the consequences of unwanted pregnancies?
7. What convinced black feminists that the feminist movement was a "white power grab," according to hooks?
8. What has become more accepted by women as it becomes more acceptable for women to accept their bodies?
9. What does hooks believe caused the displacement of feminist revolutionaries?
10. Hooks claimed that in order for feminism to regain momentum, what is essential?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)