|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When feminism first began, hooks explains that which of the following was the second group feminism was split between?
(a) Cubist thinkers.
(b) Modernist thinkers.
(c) Revolutionary thinkers.
(d) Artistic thinkers.
2. What is defined as gaining power by the exploitation of others?
(a) True feminism.
(b) Power feminism.
(c) Reformist feminism.
(d) Intolerable feminism.
3. What does hooks describe as one of feminism's greatest foes?
(c) The "enemy within."
4. Who were hooks' alleged stars of the feminist movement early on?
(a) White men.
(b) White women.
(c) Black women.
5. According to hooks, who should have access to safe and affordable abortions?
(a) Young women.
(b) Privileged women.
(c) Black women.
(d) All women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decade did the book Ain't I a Woman address?
2. When the cosmetic industry worried feminism would ruin business, how did mass media portray feminists?
3. Hooks claimed that what needs a restart?
4. Which type of feminist did hooks consider to be most distrusting?
5. Hooks claims that which of the following would diminish the necessity for abortions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did hooks describe as the two most important contributions to feminism?
2. Which movement does hooks describe as being most intense in the 1970s?
3. According to hooks, what is the ideal situation for women in terms of reproductive rights?
4. How did industries change as a result of changing women?
5. How did many white feminists react to black women pointing out racism within the feminist movement?
6. What does the text describe the consequences of the anti-male factions of the feminist movement as being?
7. Why were many radical feminists allegedly dismayed by their leaders?
8. What role does power feminism play in the downfall of feminism, according to hooks?
9. Describe the fundamental goal of visionary feminism, according to hooks.
10. According to hooks, what are the goals of feminism?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)