|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a result of fashion taking notice of women's demands in attire?
(a) New designers.
(b) Feminist advertisements.
(c) Women's magazines.
(d) Runway shows.
2. Hooks claims that focusing on what type of rights is necessary to protect the freedom of women?
(a) Career rights.
(b) Educational rights.
(c) Reproductive rights.
(d) Sexual rights.
3. Hooks states that the first goal of feminism is which of the following?
(a) To end racism.
(b) To end sexism.
(c) To end oppression of children.
(d) To begin wage wars.
4. How does misinformation spread, in hooks' point of view?
(c) Mass media.
5. Hooks believes that young women growing up at the time the book was written will feel that what issue is no longer a problem?
(a) Sexual harassment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group of women struggled most as a result of lower wages, according to hooks?
2. What reason does hooks give for why some women adopted feminist jargon without understanding it?
3. Hooks claimed that women wanted to be seen most favorably by who?
4. Who should information about feminism be available to, according to hooks?
5. Hooks claims that powerful men were threatened by which group of people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What impact did hooks describe visionary lesbians having on the feminist movement?
2. What were some of the problems that hooks witnessed with feminist parenting?
3. What is required for women to be liberated from Hooks' perspective?
4. According to hooks, what are the goals of feminism?
5. According to hooks, what is the ideal situation for women in terms of reproductive rights?
6. When were black women finally able to voice their problems with racism in the feminist movement, according to hooks?
7. What role does power feminism play in the downfall of feminism, according to hooks?
8. According to hooks, what still needs to be done for racial relations?
9. Describe the challenges to abortion rights brought by Christian groups.
10. How does hooks think the feminist movement hope to reach a broad and diverse audience?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)