|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to hooks, women's acceptance of their bodies has allowed them to accept what process?
2. What types of abortions have anti-abortion movement groups targeted most?
(a) Abortions covered by insurance companies.
(b) Abortions by black women.
(c) State-funded abortions.
(d) Abortions for single women.
3. Hooks claimed that for feminism to regain momentum, what must be available for the masses, especially the young?
(a) Career opportunities.
(c) Educational opportunities.
(d) Feminist groups and clubs.
4. What reason does hooks give for why some women adopted feminist jargon without understanding it?
(a) To support and advocate feminism.
(b) To fit in with their friends.
(c) To further their careers.
(d) To show intolerance of feminism.
5. In what decade were women's studies on a solid course toward acceptance?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the basic tenets of feminism emerge, as told from hooks' perspective?
2. Which of the following is a result of fashion taking notice of women's demands in attire?
3. Hooks describes which decade as having a resurgence of obsession with appearance?
4. What forced the shoe industry to produce low-heeled business shoes, according to hooks?
5. What does hooks propose the public does to avoid passing on misinformation about feminism?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did industries change as a result of changing women?
2. According to hooks, what is the ideal situation for women in terms of reproductive rights?
3. What effect did The Feminine Mystique have on feminism?
4. How did the mass media portray feminists?
5. Why does hooks say that a feminist is made, not born?
6. What are the differences between reformist thinkers and revolutionary thinkers?
7. What does hooks believe caused the displacement of feminist revolutionaries?
8. Which movement does hooks describe as being most intense in the 1970s?
9. What did hooks describe as being the consequences of unwanted pregnancies?
10. How did professors help hooks and other students?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)