|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to hooks, who needed to cede their self-appointed ownership of feminism?
(a) White men.
(b) Elderly women.
(c) Black women.
(d) White women.
2. What forced the shoe industry to produce low-heeled business shoes, according to hooks?
(a) Studies showed they were detrimental to health.
(b) Some women decided not to wear heeled shoes.
(c) Businesses banned them.
(d) Studies showed they were detrimental to a woman's ability to work.
3. According to hooks, which type of activists were among the first to put a voice to inequities in an understandable language?
(a) Teenage activists.
(b) Lesbian activists.
(c) Male activists.
(d) Activists who were mothers.
4. Hooks explains that which of the following is the second goal of feminism?
(a) To end exploitation of children.
(b) To end sexist exploitation.
(c) To end exploitation of men.
(d) To end exploitation of students.
5. Hooks states that the first goal of feminism is which of the following?
(a) To begin wage wars.
(b) To end sexism.
(c) To end racism.
(d) To end oppression of children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which field did hooks claim the reformist movement focused on?
2. According to the text, who runs mass media?
3. The advent of no-fault divorces tended to favor who, according to hooks?
4. What is defined as gaining power by the exploitation of others?
5. According to hooks, women's acceptance of their bodies has allowed them to accept what process?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does hooks describe as the challenge to freedom?
2. Why were many radical feminists allegedly dismayed by their leaders?
3. When were black women finally able to voice their problems with racism in the feminist movement, according to hooks?
4. How have men suffered from the patriarchal system, according to hooks?
5. What are two practices hooks described as originating from sexism and misogyny?
6. What role does power feminism play in the downfall of feminism, according to hooks?
7. How did professors help hooks and other students?
8. According to hooks, what still needs to be done for racial relations?
9. What types of violence constitute patriarchal violence?
10. How does hooks think the feminist movement hope to reach a broad and diverse audience?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)