|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What forced the shoe industry to produce low-heeled business shoes, according to hooks?
(a) Studies showed they were detrimental to health.
(b) Studies showed they were detrimental to a woman's ability to work.
(c) Some women decided not to wear heeled shoes.
(d) Businesses banned them.
2. According to hooks, women's acceptance of their bodies has allowed them to accept what process?
3. How does misinformation spread, in hooks' point of view?
(b) Mass media.
4. According to hooks, who did the media focus on when it came to feminist issues?
(a) Black women.
(b) Working-class women.
(c) High-profile women.
5. Hooks claims that focusing on what type of rights is necessary to protect the freedom of women?
(a) Educational rights.
(b) Career rights.
(c) Sexual rights.
(d) Reproductive rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks claimed that women wanted to be seen most favorably by who?
2. Hooks describes that what was the first type of new policy that created a new underclass of women and children who suffered as a result of patriarchy?
3. Hooks claims that when consciousness-raising groups re-emerge, who must be included?
4. When the cosmetic industry worried feminism would ruin business, how did mass media portray feminists?
5. What decade did the book Ain't I a Woman address?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the consequences hooks describes of lacking sexual liberation?
2. What impact did hooks describe visionary lesbians having on the feminist movement?
3. Describe a scenario in which somebody shows that patriarchal violence is acceptable.
4. What were some of the problems that hooks witnessed with feminist parenting?
5. Hooks claimed that in order for feminism to regain momentum, what is essential?
6. What does hooks believe caused the displacement of feminist revolutionaries?
7. How did hooks, and other women, recognize that sexual liberation and sexual promiscuity were not the same thing?
8. Why does hooks say that a feminist is made, not born?
9. What types of policies, according to hooks, caused women and children to suffer abuse at the hands of existing patriarchy?
10. What relationship did white feminists have to feminism in other parts of the world, according to hooks?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)