|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks reports that which group was most displaced by high-profile women being put in the spotlight of the feminist movement?
(a) Feminist revolutionaries.
(c) Working-class women.
(d) Feminist reformists.
2. What is defined as gaining power by the exploitation of others?
(a) Power feminism.
(b) True feminism.
(c) Intolerable feminism.
(d) Reformist feminism.
3. Which university did hooks attend?
4. In which classes at her university did hooks feel the most support?
(c) Women's studies.
5. According to hooks, who undermines the feminist movement by disingenuously making claim to it?
(a) Women older than 50.
(b) Women of class.
(c) Women younger than 30.
(d) Women of color.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does misinformation spread, in hooks' point of view?
2. How did the basic tenets of feminism emerge, as told from hooks' perspective?
3. Hooks describes which decade as having a resurgence of obsession with appearance?
4. Hooks claimed that for feminism to regain momentum, what must be available for the masses, especially the young?
5. What was the most sought after reproductive safegaurd in the sexual revolution?
Short Essay Questions
1. What differences between same-sex and co-ed classes did hooks notice?
2. What has become more accepted by women as it becomes more acceptable for women to accept their bodies?
3. Why does hooks feel that white females were the first leaders of the feminist movement?
4. How does hooks think the feminist movement hope to reach a broad and diverse audience?
5. What role does power feminism play in the downfall of feminism, according to hooks?
6. How did professors help hooks and other students?
7. What convinced black feminists that the feminist movement was a "white power grab," according to hooks?
8. How did female bonding play a role in the feminist movement from hooks' perspective?
9. According to hooks, what is the ideal situation for women in terms of reproductive rights?
10. What did hooks describe as the two most important contributions to feminism?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)