|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks explains that which of the following is the second goal of feminism?
(a) To end exploitation of men.
(b) To end exploitation of students.
(c) To end sexist exploitation.
(d) To end exploitation of children.
2. According to hooks, who lost their jobs in the 1970s?
(a) Factory workers.
(c) College professors.
3. What decade did the book Ain't I a Woman address?
4. The advent of no-fault divorces tended to favor who, according to hooks?
(d) The government.
5. Hooks claimed that women wanted to be seen most favorably by who?
(a) Women who supported them.
(b) Their children.
(c) Their peers.
(d) Men who controlled them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks claims that which of the following would diminish the necessity for abortions?
2. Betty Friedan's book focused on which type of woman?
3. What is associated with the sexual revolution?
4. As a result of which group's presence, according to hooks, is male domination expected?
5. Hooks believes that young women growing up at the time the book was written will feel that what issue is no longer a problem?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did industries change as a result of changing women?
2. Which women had more access to contraceptives and abortions with the onset of the sexual revolution?
3. Describe the challenges to abortion rights brought by Christian groups.
4. What did hooks mean when she said that feminism's greatest foe included the "enemy within"?
5. What role does power feminism play in the downfall of feminism, according to hooks?
6. In the 1960s, how did women show they were not constantly worried about being accepted by men for their appearance?
7. Which movement does hooks describe as being most intense in the 1970s?
8. What did the feminist movement encourage for education?
9. What convinced black feminists that the feminist movement was a "white power grab," according to hooks?
10. Hooks claimed that in order for feminism to regain momentum, what is essential?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)