|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the professor who handed out one of hooks' poems?
(a) Tillie Olsen.
(b) Diane Middlebrook.
(c) Abigail Adams.
(d) An anonymous woman.
2. How does hooks' "sisterhood" occur?
(a) Women must start loving each other.
(b) Women must stop dominating each other.
(c) Women must stop loving men.
(d) Women must stop participating in societal patriarchy.
3. Which group seems to be writing the most articles in magazines geared toward women, as witnessed by hooks?
(a) Poor women.
(c) Privileged women.
4. What did hooks see as the basis that would ultimately undermine sexism and overthrow patriarchy?
(a) The bonding of the working-class women.
(d) Upper class women.
5. Which groups took the most issue with abortion and contraception?
(a) Patriarchal groups.
(b) Liberal groups.
(c) Atheist groups.
(d) Christian groups.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which decade did hooks see the feminist political movement diminish after the sexual revolution?
2. Which field did hooks claim the reformist movement focused on?
3. Who should information about feminism be available to, according to hooks?
4. Who do women need to stop mimicking, according to hooks?
5. Hooks describes that what was the first type of new policy that created a new underclass of women and children who suffered as a result of patriarchy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What convinced black feminists that the feminist movement was a "white power grab," according to hooks?
2. How did professors help hooks and other students?
3. Describe the challenges to abortion rights brought by Christian groups.
4. What role does power feminism play in the downfall of feminism, according to hooks?
5. In the 1960s, how did women show they were not constantly worried about being accepted by men for their appearance?
6. How did industries change as a result of changing women?
7. How did conflict result as a matter of class and race in feminism?
8. What did hooks describe as the two most important contributions to feminism?
9. How did hooks believe that some women actually slowed down progress?
10. Why does hooks feel that white females were the first leaders of the feminist movement?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)