|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does misinformation spread, in hooks' point of view?
(b) Mass media.
2. In what type of society is every voice heard, according to hooks?
(a) Neutral society.
(b) Revolutionary society.
(c) Patriarchal society.
(d) Feminist society.
3. Which group of women struggled most as a result of lower wages, according to hooks?
(a) Black women.
(b) Lower class women.
(c) White women.
(d) Privileged women.
4. As a result of which group's presence, according to hooks, is male domination expected?
(b) Middle Easterners.
5. What was the second type of new policy that hooks' claims as creating a new underclass of women and children who suffered as a result of patriarchy?
(a) Welfare assistance.
(b) Minimum wage laws.
(c) Dress code policies.
(d) Public strike laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. For centuries, what were women taught that their worth was, according to hooks?
2. In the 1970s, which movement was most powerful in hooks' opinion?
3. Hooks claims that powerful men were threatened by which group of people?
4. Who do women need to stop mimicking, according to hooks?
5. The feminist movement urged universities to rediscover what related to women and include it in their curriculum?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did hooks believe that some women actually slowed down progress?
2. What effect did The Feminine Mystique have on feminism?
3. What are the differences between reformist thinkers and revolutionary thinkers?
4. What did hooks describe as being the consequences of unwanted pregnancies?
5. What has become more accepted by women as it becomes more acceptable for women to accept their bodies?
6. What did the feminist movement encourage for education?
7. What role does power feminism play in the downfall of feminism, according to hooks?
8. What differences between same-sex and co-ed classes did hooks notice?
9. Which women had more access to contraceptives and abortions with the onset of the sexual revolution?
10. Why does hooks feel that white females were the first leaders of the feminist movement?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)