|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which groups took the most issue with abortion and contraception?
(a) Christian groups.
(b) Atheist groups.
(c) Liberal groups.
(d) Patriarchal groups.
2. What does hooks propose the public does to avoid passing on misinformation about feminism?
(a) Separate boys and girls in classrooms.
(b) Hold feminist group meetings on school campus.
(c) Hire more strong female teachers.
(d) Change school curriculum.
3. The feminist movement urged universities to rediscover what related to women and include it in their curriculum?
4. The advent of no-fault divorces tended to favor who, according to hooks?
(d) The government.
5. What did hooks see as the basis that would ultimately undermine sexism and overthrow patriarchy?
(a) Upper class women.
(b) The bonding of the working-class women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of funding does hooks suggest is a goal for the feminist movement in order to read a broad and diverse audience?
2. Which of the following is most commonplace to hooks?
3. Which type of feminist did hooks consider to be most distrusting?
4. Who were hooks' alleged stars of the feminist movement early on?
5. What was the name of the book Betty Friedan wrote?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did professors help hooks and other students?
2. In the 1960s, how did women show they were not constantly worried about being accepted by men for their appearance?
3. Hooks claimed that in order for feminism to regain momentum, what is essential?
4. What did the feminist movement encourage for education?
5. What does hooks believe caused the displacement of feminist revolutionaries?
6. What are the differences between reformist thinkers and revolutionary thinkers?
7. How did conflict result as a matter of class and race in feminism?
8. How did industries change as a result of changing women?
9. Why does hooks feel that white females were the first leaders of the feminist movement?
10. Describe the challenges to abortion rights brought by Christian groups.
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)