|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a result of which group's presence, according to hooks, is male domination expected?
(b) Middle Easterners.
2. Hooks claims that which group is trying to remove women's studies courses?
3. Hooks claimed that what needs a restart?
(a) True feminism.
(b) Reformist feminism.
(c) Revolutionary feminism.
4. Which group seems to be writing the most articles in magazines geared toward women, as witnessed by hooks?
(b) Privileged women.
(c) Poor women.
5. Hooks describes which decade as having a resurgence of obsession with appearance?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who should information about feminism be available to, according to hooks?
2. Hooks believes that young women growing up at the time the book was written will feel that what issue is no longer a problem?
3. Which type of feminist did hooks consider to be most distrusting?
4. In what type of society is every voice heard, according to hooks?
5. In which decade did many women begin to choose not to wear bras and girdles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the differences between reformist thinkers and revolutionary thinkers?
2. Why does hooks say that a feminist is made, not born?
3. According to hooks, what are the goals of feminism?
4. How does hooks think the feminist movement hope to reach a broad and diverse audience?
5. What did hooks mean when she said that feminism's greatest foe included the "enemy within"?
6. Which movement does hooks describe as being most intense in the 1970s?
7. How did the mass media portray feminists?
8. What types of policies, according to hooks, caused women and children to suffer abuse at the hands of existing patriarchy?
9. Which women had more access to contraceptives and abortions with the onset of the sexual revolution?
10. Why does hooks feel that white females were the first leaders of the feminist movement?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)