|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the second type of new policy that hooks' claims as creating a new underclass of women and children who suffered as a result of patriarchy?
(a) Dress code policies.
(b) Public strike laws.
(c) Welfare assistance.
(d) Minimum wage laws.
2. According to hooks, who should have access to safe and affordable abortions?
(a) All women.
(b) Young women.
(c) Black women.
(d) Privileged women.
3. What types of abortions have anti-abortion movement groups targeted most?
(a) Abortions covered by insurance companies.
(b) State-funded abortions.
(c) Abortions by black women.
(d) Abortions for single women.
4. According to hooks, what gave permission for female bonding?
(a) Feminist movement.
(b) Equal wages.
(c) The business world.
(d) Powerful men.
5. What does hooks describe as one of feminism's greatest foes?
(c) The "enemy within."
Short Answer Questions
1. According to hooks, who did the media focus on when it came to feminist issues?
2. Hooks claimed that for feminism to regain momentum, what must be available for the masses, especially the young?
3. Hooks states that the first goal of feminism is which of the following?
4. Which of the following is a consequence hooks describes as resulting from the fashion industry?
5. Which university did hooks attend?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did conflict result as a matter of class and race in feminism?
2. According to hooks, what are the goals of feminism?
3. In the 1960s, how did women show they were not constantly worried about being accepted by men for their appearance?
4. Describe the challenges to abortion rights brought by Christian groups.
5. How did industries change as a result of changing women?
6. According to hooks, what is the ideal situation for women in terms of reproductive rights?
7. Which women had more access to contraceptives and abortions with the onset of the sexual revolution?
8. How did professors help hooks and other students?
9. Which movement does hooks describe as being most intense in the 1970s?
10. Hooks claimed that in order for feminism to regain momentum, what is essential?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)