|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks reports that which group was most displaced by high-profile women being put in the spotlight of the feminist movement?
(a) Feminist reformists.
(c) Feminist revolutionaries.
(d) Working-class women.
2. Betty Friedan's book focused on which type of woman?
(a) Business women.
3. When feminism first began, hooks explains that which of the following was the second group feminism was split between?
(a) Revolutionary thinkers.
(b) Modernist thinkers.
(c) Artistic thinkers.
(d) Cubist thinkers.
4. Hooks claims that which group is trying to remove women's studies courses?
5. According to the text, who runs mass media?
(a) Jewish men.
(b) Asian men.
(c) Black men.
(d) White men.
Short Answer Questions
1. When feminism first began, which of the following was the first group feminism was split between, as explained by hooks?
2. Which of the following began to overshadow feminist politics, according to hooks?
3. Which of the following is most commonplace to hooks?
4. What types of abortions have anti-abortion movement groups targeted most?
5. Hooks claims that when consciousness-raising groups re-emerge, who must be included?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the challenges to abortion rights brought by Christian groups.
2. Hooks claimed that in order for feminism to regain momentum, what is essential?
3. Which women had more access to contraceptives and abortions with the onset of the sexual revolution?
4. What did hooks mean when she said that feminism's greatest foe included the "enemy within"?
5. In the 1960s, how did women show they were not constantly worried about being accepted by men for their appearance?
6. Why does hooks say that a feminist is made, not born?
7. What did the feminist movement encourage for education?
8. According to hooks, what are the goals of feminism?
9. How did the mass media portray feminists?
10. What did hooks describe as the two most important contributions to feminism?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)