|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the most sought after reproductive safegaurd in the sexual revolution?
(b) Birth control pills.
2. Anorexia and compulsive overeating are both described by hooks as being diseases with roots in lack of which of the following?
(b) Body weight.
3. When the cosmetic industry worried feminism would ruin business, how did mass media portray feminists?
(a) As intelligent and educated.
(b) As mean and rude.
(c) As masculine and ugly.
(d) As stupid and naive.
4. How does misinformation spread, in hooks' point of view?
(c) Mass media.
5. The feminist movement urged universities to rediscover what related to women and include it in their curriculum?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, according to hooks, ended up slowing progress because they did not deal with their own internalized sexism?
2. What type of woman seems to fill up fashion magazine advertisements, according to hooks?
3. Hooks describes which decade as having a resurgence of obsession with appearance?
4. Which group seems to be writing the most articles in magazines geared toward women, as witnessed by hooks?
5. Who were hooks' alleged stars of the feminist movement early on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did hooks describe as being the consequences of unwanted pregnancies?
2. Why does hooks feel that white females were the first leaders of the feminist movement?
3. How did professors help hooks and other students?
4. What are the differences between reformist thinkers and revolutionary thinkers?
5. What does hooks believe caused the displacement of feminist revolutionaries?
6. In the 1960s, how did women show they were not constantly worried about being accepted by men for their appearance?
7. What types of policies, according to hooks, caused women and children to suffer abuse at the hands of existing patriarchy?
8. How did conflict result as a matter of class and race in feminism?
9. According to hooks, what are the goals of feminism?
10. How did industries change as a result of changing women?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)