|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which decade did many women begin to choose not to wear bras and girdles?
2. Which group seems to be writing the most articles in magazines geared toward women, as witnessed by hooks?
(a) Poor women.
(d) Privileged women.
3. How did the basic tenets of feminism emerge, as told from hooks' perspective?
(a) Through discrimination and intolerance.
(b) Through debates and disagreements.
(c) Through faithfulness to the cause.
(d) Through reformist and revolutionary thinking.
4. Betty Friedan's book focused on which type of woman?
(d) Business women.
5. The third goal of feminism is which of the following, according to bell hooks?
(a) To end hatred.
(b) To end racism.
(c) To end oppression.
(d) To end intolerance.
Short Answer Questions
1. For centuries, what were women taught that their worth was, according to hooks?
2. Which of the following is a consequence hooks describes as resulting from the fashion industry?
3. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
4. Hooks claimed that what needs a restart?
5. Which university did hooks attend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What convinced black feminists that the feminist movement was a "white power grab," according to hooks?
2. Which movement does hooks describe as being most intense in the 1970s?
3. What has become more accepted by women as it becomes more acceptable for women to accept their bodies?
4. Describe the challenges to abortion rights brought by Christian groups.
5. How did professors help hooks and other students?
6. What does hooks believe caused the displacement of feminist revolutionaries?
7. What effect did The Feminine Mystique have on feminism?
8. What did the feminist movement encourage for education?
9. How did industries change as a result of changing women?
10. What types of policies, according to hooks, caused women and children to suffer abuse at the hands of existing patriarchy?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)