|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which field did hooks claim the reformist movement focused on?
(b) Law enforcement.
2. In what decade were women's studies on a solid course toward acceptance?
3. According to hooks, who undermines the feminist movement by disingenuously making claim to it?
(a) Women of color.
(b) Women younger than 30.
(c) Women older than 50.
(d) Women of class.
4. According to hooks, who should have access to safe and affordable abortions?
(a) All women.
(b) Privileged women.
(c) Young women.
(d) Black women.
5. Which groups took the most issue with abortion and contraception?
(a) Liberal groups.
(b) Christian groups.
(c) Atheist groups.
(d) Patriarchal groups.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do women need to stop mimicking, according to hooks?
2. Which group of women struggled most as a result of lower wages, according to hooks?
3. Which university did hooks attend?
4. Which group seems to be writing the most articles in magazines geared toward women, as witnessed by hooks?
5. In which decade did hooks see the feminist political movement diminish after the sexual revolution?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the 1960s, how did women show they were not constantly worried about being accepted by men for their appearance?
2. What types of policies, according to hooks, caused women and children to suffer abuse at the hands of existing patriarchy?
3. Describe the challenges to abortion rights brought by Christian groups.
4. What are the differences between reformist thinkers and revolutionary thinkers?
5. Hooks claimed that in order for feminism to regain momentum, what is essential?
6. Why does hooks feel that white females were the first leaders of the feminist movement?
7. What effect did The Feminine Mystique have on feminism?
8. Which movement does hooks describe as being most intense in the 1970s?
9. How did the mass media portray feminists?
10. According to hooks, what is the ideal situation for women in terms of reproductive rights?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)