|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks describes risky cosmetic surgery as occurring where?
2. When some feminists within the movement sought to make the movement anti-male, what did hooks claim they deflected?
(a) Black responsibility.
(b) White responsibility.
(c) Female responsibility.
(d) Male responsibility.
3. Hooks said that which of the following did some women begin to understand that resulted in the focus of feminism shifting away from just the rights of privileged women?
(a) The position of children.
(b) The position of black men.
(c) The position of white women.
(d) The position of the black female.
4. What do some women blame for forcing them into the workforce, according to Hooks?
(a) The economy.
5. According to hooks, what liberates women?
(a) Having reproductive rights.
(b) Men's ideals.
(c) Economic self-sufficiency.
6. Hooks proposes that men and women should be given state aid for how long while they pursue a career?
(a) Less than a year.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) While they are in college.
7. What message does hooks attribute some feminists as being reluctant to send?
(a) That the oppressor was always bad.
(b) That the feminist movement did not welcome new members.
(c) That the oppressor was part of the movement.
(d) That men were not allowed to be feminists.
8. What type of women were typically reformist thinkers, in hooks' opinion?
(a) High-class women.
(b) Black women.
(c) Low-class women.
(d) Radical women.
9. Early feminists looked to the spiritual works of a mystic named which of the following?
10. According to hooks, working women received mixed messages from who?
(a) Revolutionist thinkers.
(c) Reformist thinkers.
11. Hooks claims that who must fight domestic violence before it can be ended?
(a) Children and adults.
(b) White and black women.
(c) Men and women.
(d) White and black men.
12. Which of the following is not a result of bad relationships, according to hooks?
(a) Unwanted pregnancies.
(b) Unhappy women.
(c) Child abuse.
(d) Lack of sex.
13. Which of the following is not an example of domestic violence?
(a) A man punches a stranger on the street.
(b) A man punches his son.
(c) A man punches his wife.
(d) A lesbian woman punches her lover.
14. Hooks describes which of the following as being the best example of anti-sexism thinking provided to children through the efforts of feminism?
(a) Mothers being the head of the household.
(b) Shared parental responsibilities.
(c) Children having two working parents.
(d) Parents discussing issues instead of fighting about them.
15. Which of the following is the definition given for domestic violence?
(a) A man control a woman through force.
(b) A powerful individual controls another through force.
(c) A weak indvidual exerts force over a stronger one.
(d) A small-minded person exerts force over another person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems to be lacking in availability to men to help secure an identity not related to sexism and domination, according to hooks?
2. As hooks described, "man-identified woman" would readily give up her activism if it threatened a relationship with who?
3. What system allows dominance to survive, according to hooks?
4. According to hooks, how many cents out of each dollar that men earned did women earn?
5. What does hooks describe as the anti-feminist backlash that is most damaging to children?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)