|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks claimed that she was how old when she began confronting the issue of racism and demanding change?
2. Freer-thinking younger generation black women in which decades felt free to confront white feminists about racism from hooks' perspective?
(a) 1980s and 1990s.
(b) 1970s and 1980s.
(c) 1990s and 2000s.
(d) 1950s and 1960s.
3. Feminism teaches that the only relationships between men and women that can survive are those in which both support which of the following?
(a) Radical roles.
(d) Traditional roles.
4. Without addressing the issue of racism in the minds of white feminist leaders, why would feminism be doomed in hooks' perspective?
(a) There would be no possibility of feminism continuing on.
(b) There would be no possibility for liberation.
(c) There would be no possibility to break down the bonds of patriarchy.
(d) There would be no possibility for sisterhood.
5. What does hooks believe allowed women to choose to live with a man rather than to marry him?
(a) Sexual liberation.
(b) Sexual awakening.
(c) Sexual freedom.
(d) Sexual awareness.
6. Early feminists looked to the spiritual works of a mystic named which of the following?
7. Hooks describes risky cosmetic surgery as occurring where?
8. According to hooks, early activists were remiss for not stressing which of the following?
(a) Heterosexual relationships.
(b) Lesbian relationships.
(c) Mother-child relationships.
(d) Father-daughter relationships.
9. What seems to be lacking in availability to men to help secure an identity not related to sexism and domination, according to hooks?
(a) Educational venues.
(b) Social outlets.
(c) Government programs.
(d) Job security.
10. Great concern exists among feminists for the plight of women in which countries?
(a) South American countries.
(b) Third-world countries.
(c) Middle eastern countries.
(d) Asian countries.
11. Hooks claimed that many women stay in bad relationships for what reason?
(a) They were unaware of divorce.
(b) They were in love.
(c) They couldn't afford to live on their own.
(d) They wanted to prove to their parents they could make a relationship work.
12. Which of the following is not a result of bad relationships, according to hooks?
(a) Unwanted pregnancies.
(b) Child abuse.
(c) Unhappy women.
(d) Lack of sex.
13. Hooks claims that feminist leaders must connect issues in other countries to issues where?
(a) Asian countries.
(b) Third-world countries.
(c) Their own societies.
14. What did some members of the media do to feed into the nation's homophobia?
(a) They claimed that women with equal rights would become lesbians.
(b) They claimed that all feminist men were gay.
(c) They referred to all feminist leaders as lesbians.
(d) They claimed there was no use for gay men.
15. According to hooks, which forms of violence must be fought against?
(a) Parent on child violence.
(b) Male on female violence.
(c) Female on female violence.
(d) All forms of violence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is most prominent to hooks as paving the way for reconsideration of racist issues for society?
2. Hooks claims that sexism could only be eliminated when men realized which of the following?
3. Female sexual liberation was fancied by men who enjoyed having sex with what kind of women?
4. Hooks claims there is a link between domestic violence and what?
5. Many feared that radical feminists wanted men to become which of the following?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)