|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks claims there is a link between domestic violence and what?
2. Hooks claims that feminist leaders must connect issues in other countries to issues where?
(a) Third-world countries.
(b) Asian countries.
(c) Their own societies.
3. Female sexual liberation was fancied by men who enjoyed having sex with what kind of women?
(a) Feminist women.
(b) Black women.
(c) Uninhibited women.
(d) Lesbian women.
4. Who does hooks seem to blame most for sweeping the issue of race under the rug?
(a) White women.
(b) Black women.
(c) White men.
(d) Black men.
5. Hooks claimed that she was how old when she began confronting the issue of racism and demanding change?
6. Without addressing the issue of racism in the minds of white feminist leaders, why would feminism be doomed in hooks' perspective?
(a) There would be no possibility for liberation.
(b) There would be no possibility of feminism continuing on.
(c) There would be no possibility to break down the bonds of patriarchy.
(d) There would be no possibility for sisterhood.
7. According to hooks, who are still socially isolated from each other?
(a) White women and all other women.
(b) Black women and white women.
(c) Hispanic women and white women.
(d) Black women and all other women.
8. Hooks proposed that more work needs to be done with the relationships between what kinds of women?
(a) Elderly white and elderly black women.
(b) White and black women in the workplace.
(c) White women in leadership and black women in leadership.
(d) Young white and young black girls.
9. Feminism teaches that the only relationships between men and women that can survive are those in which both support which of the following?
(b) Traditional roles.
(c) Radical roles.
10. What kind of activists were conflicted about the inclusion of spirituality in the feminist movement?
(a) Religious activists.
(b) Atheist activists.
(c) Liberal activists.
(d) Conservative activists.
11. As hooks described, "man-identified woman" would readily give up her activism if it threatened a relationship with who?
(a) A man.
(c) A woman.
12. Hooks attributes who to contributing to young boys' distorted view of what defines masculinity when it came to feminist parenting?
13. Many feared that radical feminists wanted men to become which of the following?
14. Which of the following is not a result of bad relationships, according to hooks?
(a) Lack of sex.
(b) Unhappy women.
(c) Unwanted pregnancies.
(d) Child abuse.
15. In the 1960s, what fraction of America's women were working?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks describes which of the following as being the best example of anti-sexism thinking provided to children through the efforts of feminism?
2. In a culture of domination, everyone is taught to accept violence as a means of what?
3. According to hooks, who knew the plight of the black woman better than anybody?
4. Which of the following is not an example of domestic violence?
5. According to hooks, what did privileged-class white women expect lower classes and blacks to be in the feminist movement?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)