Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks describes risky cosmetic surgery as occurring where?
2. According to hooks, what did privileged-class white women expect lower classes and blacks to be in the feminist movement?
3. Hooks claimed that she was how old when she began confronting the issue of racism and demanding change?
4. Hooks describes women as being veiled in which countries?
(b) Asian countries.
(c) Mid-eastern and African countries.
(d) South American countries.
5. When some feminists within the movement sought to make the movement anti-male, what did hooks claim they deflected?
(a) White responsibility.
(b) Female responsibility.
(c) Male responsibility.
(d) Black responsibility.
6. What is the other term that hooks uses to describe domestic violence?
(a) Hate violence.
(b) Patriarchal violence.
(c) Family violence.
(d) Male on female violence.
7. Hooks describes which of the following as being the best example of anti-sexism thinking provided to children through the efforts of feminism?
(a) Parents discussing issues instead of fighting about them.
(b) Mothers being the head of the household.
(c) Children having two working parents.
(d) Shared parental responsibilities.
8. What does the word misogyny relate to?
(a) Fear of marriage.
9. Early feminists looked to the spiritual works of a mystic named which of the following?
10. Many feared that radical feminists wanted men to become which of the following?
11. Hooks claims that feminist leaders must connect issues in other countries to issues where?
(b) Their own societies.
(c) Third-world countries.
(d) Asian countries.
12. Hooks said that which of the following did some women begin to understand that resulted in the focus of feminism shifting away from just the rights of privileged women?
(a) The position of the black female.
(b) The position of white women.
(c) The position of black men.
(d) The position of children.
13. Which of the following did hooks describe as a barrier to the spread of feminism?
(d) Patriarchal religion.
14. Where does female circumcision occur as mentioned in the text?
15. Hooks claims there is a link between domestic violence and what?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to hooks, who knew the plight of the black woman better than anybody?
2. According to hooks, what led many women to think they could establish the feminist agenda for women all over the world?
3. By the 1990s, hooks claims that half the women in America were which of the following?
4. Great concern exists among feminists for the plight of women in which countries?
5. What type of women were typically reformist thinkers, in hooks' opinion?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)