|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of women were typically reformist thinkers, in hooks' opinion?
(a) Black women.
(b) Radical women.
(c) High-class women.
(d) Low-class women.
2. Hooks proposed that more work needs to be done with the relationships between what kinds of women?
(a) White women in leadership and black women in leadership.
(b) White and black women in the workplace.
(c) Young white and young black girls.
(d) Elderly white and elderly black women.
3. According to hooks, early activists were remiss for not stressing which of the following?
(a) Father-daughter relationships.
(b) Mother-child relationships.
(c) Lesbian relationships.
(d) Heterosexual relationships.
4. According to hooks, who knew the plight of the black woman better than anybody?
(a) Activists during the civil war.
(b) Activists in the civil rights movement.
(c) White women who faced sexism at work.
(d) Activists during the 1980s.
5. Who or what are the victims of the patriarchal system hooks' describes?
(a) Men and women.
(b) The economy.
6. What does the word misogyny relate to?
(b) Fear of marriage.
7. What do some women blame for forcing them into the workforce, according to Hooks?
(a) The economy.
8. Hooks claims that feminist leaders must connect issues in other countries to issues where?
(b) Asian countries.
(c) Third-world countries.
(d) Their own societies.
9. What seems to be lacking in availability to men to help secure an identity not related to sexism and domination, according to hooks?
(a) Educational venues.
(b) Job security.
(c) Government programs.
(d) Social outlets.
10. As hooks described, "man-identified woman" would readily give up her activism if it threatened a relationship with who?
(a) A woman.
(b) A man.
11. Hooks' description of domestic violence is connected to what kind of domination?
(a) Child domination.
(b) Racist domination.
(c) Female domination.
(d) Male domination.
12. Which of the following is not a result of bad relationships, according to hooks?
(a) Unhappy women.
(b) Unwanted pregnancies.
(c) Child abuse.
(d) Lack of sex.
13. Hooks proposes that men and women should be given state aid for how long while they pursue a career?
(a) 1 year.
(b) While they are in college.
(c) Less than a year.
(d) 2 years.
14. According to hooks, where do sex clubs exist that feminists should be concerned with?
(b) Middle East.
(c) Far East.
15. According to hooks, who began engaging in sadomasochistic behavior, driving heterosexual women to turn to patriarchal models of sexual freedom?
(b) Radical lesbians.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to hooks, what did privileged-class white women expect lower classes and blacks to be in the feminist movement?
2. Hooks describes the conservative solution for the hard life of working women as what?
3. By the 1990s, hooks claims that half the women in America were which of the following?
4. Hooks describes risky cosmetic surgery as occurring where?
5. Who does hooks claim will feel more entitled to maintain control by any means?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)