|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to hooks, what changed the face of the feminist movement more than any other factor?
(a) The demand that feminism address oppression.
(b) The demand that feminism address sexism.
(c) The demand that feminism address race.
(d) The demand that feminism address ageism.
2. As hooks described, "man-identified woman" would readily give up her activism if it threatened a relationship with who?
(a) A woman.
(c) A man.
3. Hooks claims that sexism could only be eliminated when men realized which of the following?
(a) They do not have to be masculine.
(b) They do not have to love all women.
(c) They do not have to be dominant over anyone.
(d) They do not have to hate women.
4. What seems to be lacking in availability to men to help secure an identity not related to sexism and domination, according to hooks?
(a) Social outlets.
(b) Job security.
(c) Government programs.
(d) Educational venues.
5. Which of the following is not a result of bad relationships, according to hooks?
(a) Lack of sex.
(b) Child abuse.
(c) Unhappy women.
(d) Unwanted pregnancies.
6. Hooks describes one of the major focuses of the early feminist movement as being what?
(a) Raising children free of sexist thinking.
(b) Raising girls to believe in themselves.
(c) Raising boys to respect girls.
(d) Raising children to become good adults.
7. According to hooks, early activists were remiss for not stressing which of the following?
(a) Father-daughter relationships.
(b) Heterosexual relationships.
(c) Lesbian relationships.
(d) Mother-child relationships.
8. Who or what are the victims of the patriarchal system hooks' describes?
(c) The economy.
(d) Men and women.
9. What type of women were typically reformist thinkers, in hooks' opinion?
(a) Radical women.
(b) Black women.
(c) High-class women.
(d) Low-class women.
10. Hooks attributes who to contributing to young boys' distorted view of what defines masculinity when it came to feminist parenting?
11. What type of impact does hooks see visionary lesbians as having on the feminist movement?
12. Early feminists looked to the spiritual works of a mystic named which of the following?
13. Who does hooks specifically say should be paid more?
(a) Business women.
(b) Stay at home mothers.
14. Who was stereotyped and broadly given a sexist identity, according to hooks?
(c) Black men.
(d) White men.
15. What do some women blame for forcing them into the workforce, according to Hooks?
(b) The economy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks claims that feminist leaders must connect issues in other countries to issues where?
2. What kind of religions did many feminists look to in the early days of the movement?
3. What term refers to abstaining from sex?
4. What type of imperialism did hooks describe many feminist leaders as subscribing to?
5. Who does hooks claim will feel more entitled to maintain control by any means?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)