|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is closest to the definition of self-actualization?
(a) A woman who lives for her children.
(b) A woman who lives to serve her husband.
(c) A woman who identifies as a feminist.
(d) A woman who lives for herself.
2. Hooks describes which of the following as being the best example of anti-sexism thinking provided to children through the efforts of feminism?
(a) Shared parental responsibilities.
(b) Children having two working parents.
(c) Mothers being the head of the household.
(d) Parents discussing issues instead of fighting about them.
3. What did some members of the media do to feed into the nation's homophobia?
(a) They claimed there was no use for gay men.
(b) They claimed that women with equal rights would become lesbians.
(c) They claimed that all feminist men were gay.
(d) They referred to all feminist leaders as lesbians.
4. Which group, according to hooks, has demonized feminism the most?
(a) Religious groups.
(c) Left-wing liberals.
(d) Right-wing fundamentalists.
5. Hooks claims that feminist leaders must connect issues in other countries to issues where?
(b) Third-world countries.
(c) Their own societies.
(d) Asian countries.
6. Freer-thinking younger generation black women in which decades felt free to confront white feminists about racism from hooks' perspective?
(a) 1980s and 1990s.
(b) 1950s and 1960s.
(c) 1990s and 2000s.
(d) 1970s and 1980s.
7. In a culture of domination, everyone is taught to accept violence as a means of what?
8. Who is most prominent to hooks as paving the way for reconsideration of racist issues for society?
(a) Black men.
(b) Hispanic women.
(c) Black activists.
(d) White leaders.
9. By the 1990s, hooks claims that half the women in America were which of the following?
(b) Working women.
10. Which type of feminists were dismayed to learn their leaders were committed to imperialism, according to hooks?
(a) Conservative feminists.
(b) Radical feminists.
(c) Reformist feminists.
(d) Revolutionary feminists.
11. Who was stereotyped and broadly given a sexist identity, according to hooks?
(a) White men.
(c) Black men.
12. Great concern exists among feminists for the plight of women in which countries?
(a) South American countries.
(b) Middle eastern countries.
(c) Asian countries.
(d) Third-world countries.
13. Hooks claimed that the women who tried to establish the feminist agenda for women in third-world countries were comparable to who?
(a) Racist women.
(b) Racist men.
(c) Unprivileged men.
(d) Classist men.
14. According to hooks, working women received mixed messages from who?
(b) Revolutionist thinkers.
(c) Reformist thinkers.
15. What does the word misogyny relate to?
(c) Fear of marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. It did not take women long to recognize that sexual liberation and which of the following were not the same, according to hooks?
2. Who does hooks specifically say should be paid more?
3. What type of imperialism did hooks describe many feminist leaders as subscribing to?
4. According to hooks, what changed the face of the feminist movement more than any other factor?
5. Female sexual liberation was fancied by men who enjoyed having sex with what kind of women?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)