|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did hooks describe as joining the feminist movement out of natural progression?
(a) Activist lesbians.
(b) Gay men.
(c) White men.
(d) Black women.
2. Which of the following is the definition given for domestic violence?
(a) A weak indvidual exerts force over a stronger one.
(b) A small-minded person exerts force over another person.
(c) A powerful individual controls another through force.
(d) A man control a woman through force.
3. Who is most prominent to hooks as paving the way for reconsideration of racist issues for society?
(a) Black men.
(b) White leaders.
(c) Hispanic women.
(d) Black activists.
4. Who does hooks specifically say should be paid more?
(b) Stay at home mothers.
(c) Business women.
5. What type of imperialism did hooks describe many feminist leaders as subscribing to?
6. What movement rose when anti-feminist thinking gave rise?
(a) Children's liberation.
(b) Women's oppression.
(c) Men's oppression.
(d) Men's liberation movement.
7. Who or what are the victims of the patriarchal system hooks' describes?
(b) The economy.
(d) Men and women.
8. According to many reformist thinkers, what made a woman liberated?
(a) If they had their own money.
(b) If they had a job.
(c) If they were happy.
(d) If they had children.
9. According to hooks, who knew the plight of the black woman better than anybody?
(a) White women who faced sexism at work.
(b) Activists in the civil rights movement.
(c) Activists during the 1980s.
(d) Activists during the civil war.
10. What seems to be lacking in availability to men to help secure an identity not related to sexism and domination, according to hooks?
(a) Educational venues.
(b) Job security.
(c) Social outlets.
(d) Government programs.
11. Hooks claims that feminist leaders must connect issues in other countries to issues where?
(a) Third-world countries.
(c) Asian countries.
(d) Their own societies.
12. Hooks describes the conservative solution for the hard life of working women as what?
(a) Women working in positions that require high education.
(b) Women staying home.
(c) Women working in their own offices.
(d) Women working in business settings.
13. Hooks describes which of the following as being the best example of anti-sexism thinking provided to children through the efforts of feminism?
(a) Shared parental responsibilities.
(b) Mothers being the head of the household.
(c) Parents discussing issues instead of fighting about them.
(d) Children having two working parents.
14. In the scenario that hooks presents, what did the young girl notice about the women who appeared on TV or in magazines?
(a) Only men appeared.
(b) White women and black women appeared equally.
(c) Only white women appeared.
(d) Black women only appeared when accompanied by black men.
15. What type of women were typically reformist thinkers, in hooks' opinion?
(a) High-class women.
(b) Radical women.
(c) Black women.
(d) Low-class women.
Short Answer Questions
1. It did not take women long to recognize that sexual liberation and which of the following were not the same, according to hooks?
2. Hooks claims that who must fight domestic violence before it can be ended?
3. Which of the following did hooks describe as a barrier to the spread of feminism?
4. Hooks claims that it became clear that what was not the challenge to freedom?
5. Many feared that radical feminists wanted men to become which of the following?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)