|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks describes women as being veiled in which countries?
(b) Asian countries.
(c) Mid-eastern and African countries.
(d) South American countries.
2. As hooks described, "man-identified woman" would readily give up her activism if it threatened a relationship with who?
(c) A woman.
(d) A man.
3. Hooks claims that who must fight domestic violence before it can be ended?
(a) White and black men.
(b) Men and women.
(c) Children and adults.
(d) White and black women.
4. Which of the following is described by hooks as ending once the patriarchal system has been abolished?
5. According to hooks, where do sex clubs exist that feminists should be concerned with?
(a) Far East.
(c) Middle East.
6. Female sexual liberation was fancied by men who enjoyed having sex with what kind of women?
(a) Lesbian women.
(b) Feminist women.
(c) Uninhibited women.
(d) Black women.
7. According to hooks, who knew the plight of the black woman better than anybody?
(a) Activists during the civil war.
(b) Activists in the civil rights movement.
(c) White women who faced sexism at work.
(d) Activists during the 1980s.
8. What kind of activists were conflicted about the inclusion of spirituality in the feminist movement?
(a) Atheist activists.
(b) Conservative activists.
(c) Liberal activists.
(d) Religious activists.
9. What does hooks describe as the anti-feminist backlash that is most damaging to children?
(a) The idea that women should have many children.
(b) The idea that women should not be free to work outside the home.
(c) The idea that men should never work at home.
(d) The idea that it is dysfunctional for children to be raised in household where a mother is the head.
10. Hooks proposed that more work needs to be done with the relationships between what kinds of women?
(a) White women in leadership and black women in leadership.
(b) White and black women in the workplace.
(c) Young white and young black girls.
(d) Elderly white and elderly black women.
11. According to many reformist thinkers, what made a woman liberated?
(a) If they had their own money.
(b) If they had children.
(c) If they were happy.
(d) If they had a job.
12. What seems to be lacking in availability to men to help secure an identity not related to sexism and domination, according to hooks?
(a) Educational venues.
(b) Government programs.
(c) Social outlets.
(d) Job security.
13. Early feminists looked to the spiritual works of a mystic named which of the following?
14. What did some members of the media do to feed into the nation's homophobia?
(a) They claimed there was no use for gay men.
(b) They claimed that women with equal rights would become lesbians.
(c) They claimed that all feminist men were gay.
(d) They referred to all feminist leaders as lesbians.
15. Many feared that radical feminists wanted men to become which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some women blame for forcing them into the workforce, according to Hooks?
2. Who did hooks describe as joining the feminist movement out of natural progression?
3. By the 1990s, hooks claims that half the women in America were which of the following?
4. What type of relationships does feminism place the emphasis on, according to hooks?
5. It did not take women long to recognize that sexual liberation and which of the following were not the same, according to hooks?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)