|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It did not take women long to recognize that sexual liberation and which of the following were not the same, according to hooks?
2. According to hooks, who are still socially isolated from each other?
(a) Black women and all other women.
(b) White women and all other women.
(c) Black women and white women.
(d) Hispanic women and white women.
3. Without addressing the issue of racism in the minds of white feminist leaders, why would feminism be doomed in hooks' perspective?
(a) There would be no possibility of feminism continuing on.
(b) There would be no possibility for liberation.
(c) There would be no possibility to break down the bonds of patriarchy.
(d) There would be no possibility for sisterhood.
4. Who is most prominent to hooks as paving the way for reconsideration of racist issues for society?
(a) Hispanic women.
(b) White leaders.
(c) Black activists.
(d) Black men.
5. Hooks proposed that more work needs to be done with the relationships between what kinds of women?
(a) White women in leadership and black women in leadership.
(b) Elderly white and elderly black women.
(c) Young white and young black girls.
(d) White and black women in the workplace.
6. Many feared that radical feminists wanted men to become which of the following?
7. According to hooks, who began engaging in sadomasochistic behavior, driving heterosexual women to turn to patriarchal models of sexual freedom?
(a) Radical lesbians.
8. Who does hooks claim will feel more entitled to maintain control by any means?
(a) Those in power.
(b) Those who want power.
(c) Those with no power.
(d) Those who can never have power.
9. What does hooks describe as the anti-feminist backlash that is most damaging to children?
(a) The idea that women should have many children.
(b) The idea that men should never work at home.
(c) The idea that women should not be free to work outside the home.
(d) The idea that it is dysfunctional for children to be raised in household where a mother is the head.
10. Hooks claims that sexism could only be eliminated when men realized which of the following?
(a) They do not have to love all women.
(b) They do not have to be dominant over anyone.
(c) They do not have to be masculine.
(d) They do not have to hate women.
11. What term refers to abstaining from sex?
12. Hooks describes the conservative solution for the hard life of working women as what?
(a) Women working in business settings.
(b) Women staying home.
(c) Women working in positions that require high education.
(d) Women working in their own offices.
13. What type of imperialism did hooks describe many feminist leaders as subscribing to?
14. In a culture of domination, everyone is taught to accept violence as a means of what?
15. Hooks claims that it became clear that what was not the challenge to freedom?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did some members of the media do to feed into the nation's homophobia?
2. Which of the following is not an example of domestic violence?
3. Hooks claims that who must fight domestic violence before it can be ended?
4. According to hooks, what liberates women?
5. Who or what are the victims of the patriarchal system hooks' describes?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)