|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to hooks, where do sex clubs exist that feminists should be concerned with?
(a) Middle East.
(c) Far East.
2. Hooks claims that it became clear that what was not the challenge to freedom?
3. Hooks claimed that the women who tried to establish the feminist agenda for women in third-world countries were comparable to who?
(a) Racist men.
(b) Racist women.
(c) Unprivileged men.
(d) Classist men.
4. Who was stereotyped and broadly given a sexist identity, according to hooks?
(b) Black men.
(c) White men.
5. Which of the following did hooks describe as a barrier to the spread of feminism?
(a) Patriarchal religion.
6. Who is most prominent to hooks as paving the way for reconsideration of racist issues for society?
(a) Black men.
(b) Black activists.
(c) White leaders.
(d) Hispanic women.
7. In the scenario that hooks presents, what did the young girl notice about the women who appeared on TV or in magazines?
(a) Only men appeared.
(b) White women and black women appeared equally.
(c) Black women only appeared when accompanied by black men.
(d) Only white women appeared.
8. Which type of feminists were dismayed to learn their leaders were committed to imperialism, according to hooks?
(a) Conservative feminists.
(b) Radical feminists.
(c) Revolutionary feminists.
(d) Reformist feminists.
9. From hooks' point of view, why did many conservative presses consistently present feminists as "man haters"?
(a) To find a way to get others interested in feminism.
(b) To discredit the feminist movement.
(c) To actively encourage hate for women.
(d) To prove a true statement.
10. Freer-thinking younger generation black women in which decades felt free to confront white feminists about racism from hooks' perspective?
(a) 1950s and 1960s.
(b) 1990s and 2000s.
(c) 1970s and 1980s.
(d) 1980s and 1990s.
11. Hooks said that which of the following did some women begin to understand that resulted in the focus of feminism shifting away from just the rights of privileged women?
(a) The position of the black female.
(b) The position of children.
(c) The position of black men.
(d) The position of white women.
12. Early feminists looked to the spiritual works of a mystic named which of the following?
13. Hooks claims there is a link between domestic violence and what?
14. What does hooks believe allowed women to choose to live with a man rather than to marry him?
(a) Sexual awakening.
(b) Sexual awareness.
(c) Sexual liberation.
(d) Sexual freedom.
15. Which group, according to hooks, has demonized feminism the most?
(a) Left-wing liberals.
(c) Religious groups.
(d) Right-wing fundamentalists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did hooks describe as joining the feminist movement out of natural progression?
2. As hooks described, "man-identified woman" would readily give up her activism if it threatened a relationship with who?
3. Hooks claims that who must fight domestic violence before it can be ended?
4. According to hooks, how many cents out of each dollar that men earned did women earn?
5. According to hooks, which forms of violence must be fought against?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)