|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of man does hooks describe as feeling unimportant and out of control?
(a) Men with bad mothers.
(b) Men with many children.
(c) Men with well-paying jobs.
(d) Unemployed men.
2. What does hooks describe as the anti-feminist backlash that is most damaging to children?
(a) The idea that women should not be free to work outside the home.
(b) The idea that women should have many children.
(c) The idea that men should never work at home.
(d) The idea that it is dysfunctional for children to be raised in household where a mother is the head.
3. Early feminists looked to the spiritual works of a mystic named which of the following?
4. What system allows dominance to survive, according to hooks?
(a) Socialist system.
(b) Racist sytem.
(c) Patriarchal system.
(d) Capitalist system.
5. What did some members of the media do to feed into the nation's homophobia?
(a) They claimed that women with equal rights would become lesbians.
(b) They claimed that all feminist men were gay.
(c) They referred to all feminist leaders as lesbians.
(d) They claimed there was no use for gay men.
6. Many feared that radical feminists wanted men to become which of the following?
7. According to many reformist thinkers, what made a woman liberated?
(a) If they had children.
(b) If they had their own money.
(c) If they were happy.
(d) If they had a job.
8. Hooks used this term to describe the feminist view of men that is not threatening.
(a) Feminine men,
(b) Emasculated men.
(c) Feminist masculinity.
(d) Feminist testosterone.
9. According to hooks, early activists were remiss for not stressing which of the following?
(a) Lesbian relationships.
(b) Heterosexual relationships.
(c) Father-daughter relationships.
(d) Mother-child relationships.
10. According to hooks, who began engaging in sadomasochistic behavior, driving heterosexual women to turn to patriarchal models of sexual freedom?
(d) Radical lesbians.
11. In the 1960s, what fraction of America's women were working?
12. Hooks claims that feminist leaders must connect issues in other countries to issues where?
(a) Third-world countries.
(b) Their own societies.
(d) Asian countries.
13. Hooks describes which of the following as being the best example of anti-sexism thinking provided to children through the efforts of feminism?
(a) Children having two working parents.
(b) Mothers being the head of the household.
(c) Shared parental responsibilities.
(d) Parents discussing issues instead of fighting about them.
14. What term refers to abstaining from sex?
15. According to hooks, what changed the face of the feminist movement more than any other factor?
(a) The demand that feminism address oppression.
(b) The demand that feminism address ageism.
(c) The demand that feminism address sexism.
(d) The demand that feminism address race.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are more women allegedly beaten and murdered?
2. What is the other term that hooks uses to describe domestic violence?
3. Hooks makes it clear that a "woman-identified woman" was not synonymous with which of the following?
4. Without addressing the issue of racism in the minds of white feminist leaders, why would feminism be doomed in hooks' perspective?
5. What type of women were typically reformist thinkers, in hooks' opinion?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)