|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From hooks' point of view, why did many conservative presses consistently present feminists as "man haters"?
(a) To discredit the feminist movement.
(b) To actively encourage hate for women.
(c) To prove a true statement.
(d) To find a way to get others interested in feminism.
2. When some feminists within the movement sought to make the movement anti-male, what did hooks claim they deflected?
(a) Female responsibility.
(b) Male responsibility.
(c) Black responsibility.
(d) White responsibility.
3. According to hooks, what did privileged-class white women expect lower classes and blacks to be in the feminist movement?
4. According to many reformist thinkers, what made a woman liberated?
(a) If they had their own money.
(b) If they were happy.
(c) If they had a job.
(d) If they had children.
5. Hooks describes the conservative solution for the hard life of working women as what?
(a) Women working in positions that require high education.
(b) Women staying home.
(c) Women working in their own offices.
(d) Women working in business settings.
6. Hooks describes which of the following as being the best example of anti-sexism thinking provided to children through the efforts of feminism?
(a) Parents discussing issues instead of fighting about them.
(b) Children having two working parents.
(c) Mothers being the head of the household.
(d) Shared parental responsibilities.
7. What type of women were typically reformist thinkers, in hooks' opinion?
(a) Black women.
(b) Low-class women.
(c) High-class women.
(d) Radical women.
8. Hooks' description of domestic violence is connected to what kind of domination?
(a) Male domination.
(b) Female domination.
(c) Racist domination.
(d) Child domination.
9. Who or what are the victims of the patriarchal system hooks' describes?
(b) The economy.
(c) Men and women.
10. According to hooks, who are still socially isolated from each other?
(a) White women and all other women.
(b) Black women and white women.
(c) Hispanic women and white women.
(d) Black women and all other women.
11. What system allows dominance to survive, according to hooks?
(a) Patriarchal system.
(b) Socialist system.
(c) Capitalist system.
(d) Racist sytem.
12. What do some women blame for forcing them into the workforce, according to Hooks?
(b) The economy.
13. Hooks said that which of the following did some women begin to understand that resulted in the focus of feminism shifting away from just the rights of privileged women?
(a) The position of black men.
(b) The position of children.
(c) The position of white women.
(d) The position of the black female.
14. Which of the following is described by hooks as ending once the patriarchal system has been abolished?
15. What does the word misogyny relate to?
(d) Fear of marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a culture of domination, everyone is taught to accept violence as a means of what?
2. Hooks makes it clear that a "woman-identified woman" was not synonymous with which of the following?
3. Hooks claims there is a link between domestic violence and what?
4. Hooks describes risky cosmetic surgery as occurring where?
5. Which type of feminists were dismayed to learn their leaders were committed to imperialism, according to hooks?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)