|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As hooks described, "man-identified woman" would readily give up her activism if it threatened a relationship with who?
(b) A man.
(d) A woman.
2. Hooks describes the conservative solution for the hard life of working women as what?
(a) Women working in business settings.
(b) Women staying home.
(c) Women working in positions that require high education.
(d) Women working in their own offices.
3. Which of the following did hooks describe as a barrier to the spread of feminism?
(a) Patriarchal religion.
4. According to hooks, who knew the plight of the black woman better than anybody?
(a) Activists in the civil rights movement.
(b) White women who faced sexism at work.
(c) Activists during the 1980s.
(d) Activists during the civil war.
5. According to hooks, who began engaging in sadomasochistic behavior, driving heterosexual women to turn to patriarchal models of sexual freedom?
(c) Radical lesbians.
6. Hooks claims that it became clear that what was not the challenge to freedom?
7. Hooks said that which of the following did some women begin to understand that resulted in the focus of feminism shifting away from just the rights of privileged women?
(a) The position of children.
(b) The position of white women.
(c) The position of black men.
(d) The position of the black female.
8. Hooks claimed that she was how old when she began confronting the issue of racism and demanding change?
9. Hooks proposes that men and women should be given state aid for how long while they pursue a career?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 years.
(c) While they are in college.
(d) Less than a year.
10. What is the other term that hooks uses to describe domestic violence?
(a) Male on female violence.
(b) Patriarchal violence.
(c) Family violence.
(d) Hate violence.
11. Who was stereotyped and broadly given a sexist identity, according to hooks?
(a) Black men.
(b) White men.
12. Hooks claims there is a link between domestic violence and what?
13. Hooks used this term to describe the feminist view of men that is not threatening.
(a) Feminine men,
(b) Feminist testosterone.
(c) Emasculated men.
(d) Feminist masculinity.
14. What seems to be lacking in availability to men to help secure an identity not related to sexism and domination, according to hooks?
(a) Job security.
(b) Social outlets.
(c) Government programs.
(d) Educational venues.
15. Where does female circumcision occur as mentioned in the text?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks' description of domestic violence is connected to what kind of domination?
2. Freer-thinking younger generation black women in which decades felt free to confront white feminists about racism from hooks' perspective?
3. Hooks claimed that many women stay in bad relationships for what reason?
4. According to many reformist thinkers, what made a woman liberated?
5. Which of the following is the definition given for domestic violence?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)