|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of impact does hooks see visionary lesbians as having on the feminist movement?
2. Without addressing the issue of racism in the minds of white feminist leaders, why would feminism be doomed in hooks' perspective?
(a) There would be no possibility of feminism continuing on.
(b) There would be no possibility to break down the bonds of patriarchy.
(c) There would be no possibility for sisterhood.
(d) There would be no possibility for liberation.
3. What kind of religions did many feminists look to in the early days of the movement?
(a) Eastern religions.
(c) Western religions.
(d) Asian religions.
4. According to hooks, which forms of violence must be fought against?
(a) Male on female violence.
(b) All forms of violence.
(c) Parent on child violence.
(d) Female on female violence.
5. Where are more women allegedly beaten and murdered?
(a) Inside their homes.
(b) In shelters.
(c) While running daily errands.
(d) On the streets.
6. As hooks described, "man-identified woman" would readily give up her activism if it threatened a relationship with who?
(b) A man.
(d) A woman.
7. What term refers to abstaining from sex?
8. According to hooks, who are still socially isolated from each other?
(a) Hispanic women and white women.
(b) Black women and all other women.
(c) Black women and white women.
(d) White women and all other women.
9. Who was stereotyped and broadly given a sexist identity, according to hooks?
(a) White men.
(c) Black men.
10. What type of relationships does feminism place the emphasis on, according to hooks?
(a) Religious and spiritual.
(b) Fun and casual.
(c) Equal and satisfying.
(d) Tyrannical and patriarchal.
11. What seems to be lacking in availability to men to help secure an identity not related to sexism and domination, according to hooks?
(a) Educational venues.
(b) Government programs.
(c) Job security.
(d) Social outlets.
12. From hooks' point of view, why did many conservative presses consistently present feminists as "man haters"?
(a) To prove a true statement.
(b) To find a way to get others interested in feminism.
(c) To discredit the feminist movement.
(d) To actively encourage hate for women.
13. Which of the following did hooks describe as a barrier to the spread of feminism?
(b) Patriarchal religion.
14. Hooks describes one of the major focuses of the early feminist movement as being what?
(a) Raising boys to respect girls.
(b) Raising children free of sexist thinking.
(c) Raising children to become good adults.
(d) Raising girls to believe in themselves.
15. Early feminists looked to the spiritual works of a mystic named which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does hooks seem to blame most for sweeping the issue of race under the rug?
2. According to hooks, how many cents out of each dollar that men earned did women earn?
3. According to hooks, who knew the plight of the black woman better than anybody?
4. Who did hooks describe as joining the feminist movement out of natural progression?
5. What type of imperialism did hooks describe many feminist leaders as subscribing to?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)