|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the definition given for domestic violence?
(a) A man control a woman through force.
(b) A weak indvidual exerts force over a stronger one.
(c) A small-minded person exerts force over another person.
(d) A powerful individual controls another through force.
2. According to hooks, early activists were remiss for not stressing which of the following?
(a) Lesbian relationships.
(b) Heterosexual relationships.
(c) Father-daughter relationships.
(d) Mother-child relationships.
3. Who or what are the victims of the patriarchal system hooks' describes?
(a) Men and women.
(c) The economy.
4. What type of relationships does feminism place the emphasis on, according to hooks?
(a) Fun and casual.
(b) Equal and satisfying.
(c) Religious and spiritual.
(d) Tyrannical and patriarchal.
5. Who does hooks claim will feel more entitled to maintain control by any means?
(a) Those in power.
(b) Those who want power.
(c) Those who can never have power.
(d) Those with no power.
6. Who is most prominent to hooks as paving the way for reconsideration of racist issues for society?
(a) Black men.
(b) Hispanic women.
(c) White leaders.
(d) Black activists.
7. From hooks' point of view, why did many conservative presses consistently present feminists as "man haters"?
(a) To prove a true statement.
(b) To actively encourage hate for women.
(c) To find a way to get others interested in feminism.
(d) To discredit the feminist movement.
8. Hooks claimed that many women stay in bad relationships for what reason?
(a) They were in love.
(b) They wanted to prove to their parents they could make a relationship work.
(c) They were unaware of divorce.
(d) They couldn't afford to live on their own.
9. Which of the following did hooks describe as a barrier to the spread of feminism?
(c) Patriarchal religion.
10. Which of the following is not an example of domestic violence?
(a) A man punches his wife.
(b) A man punches his son.
(c) A man punches a stranger on the street.
(d) A lesbian woman punches her lover.
11. Who was stereotyped and broadly given a sexist identity, according to hooks?
(a) White men.
(b) Black men.
12. According to hooks, what changed the face of the feminist movement more than any other factor?
(a) The demand that feminism address sexism.
(b) The demand that feminism address race.
(c) The demand that feminism address oppression.
(d) The demand that feminism address ageism.
13. Hooks describes which of the following as being the best example of anti-sexism thinking provided to children through the efforts of feminism?
(a) Children having two working parents.
(b) Mothers being the head of the household.
(c) Shared parental responsibilities.
(d) Parents discussing issues instead of fighting about them.
14. Hooks claims that feminist leaders must connect issues in other countries to issues where?
(a) Third-world countries.
(b) Their own societies.
(d) Asian countries.
15. According to hooks, working women received mixed messages from who?
(b) Revolutionist thinkers.
(d) Reformist thinkers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freer-thinking younger generation black women in which decades felt free to confront white feminists about racism from hooks' perspective?
2. According to hooks, who began engaging in sadomasochistic behavior, driving heterosexual women to turn to patriarchal models of sexual freedom?
3. Which of the following is closest to the definition of self-actualization?
4. Without addressing the issue of racism in the minds of white feminist leaders, why would feminism be doomed in hooks' perspective?
5. Hooks claimed that she was how old when she began confronting the issue of racism and demanding change?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)