|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to be lacking in availability to men to help secure an identity not related to sexism and domination, according to hooks?
(a) Government programs.
(b) Job security.
(c) Educational venues.
(d) Social outlets.
2. What does hooks believe allowed women to choose to live with a man rather than to marry him?
(a) Sexual awakening.
(b) Sexual freedom.
(c) Sexual awareness.
(d) Sexual liberation.
3. Who does hooks seem to blame most for sweeping the issue of race under the rug?
(a) Black men.
(b) White women.
(c) Black women.
(d) White men.
4. What system allows dominance to survive, according to hooks?
(a) Racist sytem.
(b) Socialist system.
(c) Patriarchal system.
(d) Capitalist system.
5. Female sexual liberation was fancied by men who enjoyed having sex with what kind of women?
(a) Black women.
(b) Uninhibited women.
(c) Feminist women.
(d) Lesbian women.
6. According to hooks, working women received mixed messages from who?
(a) Reformist thinkers.
(c) Revolutionist thinkers.
7. According to hooks, what did privileged-class white women expect lower classes and blacks to be in the feminist movement?
8. Who did hooks describe as joining the feminist movement out of natural progression?
(a) White men.
(b) Activist lesbians.
(c) Gay men.
(d) Black women.
9. What do some women blame for forcing them into the workforce, according to Hooks?
(b) The economy.
10. Many feared that radical feminists wanted men to become which of the following?
11. What type of relationships does feminism place the emphasis on, according to hooks?
(a) Tyrannical and patriarchal.
(b) Fun and casual.
(c) Equal and satisfying.
(d) Religious and spiritual.
12. Hooks claimed that the women who tried to establish the feminist agenda for women in third-world countries were comparable to who?
(a) Racist men.
(b) Racist women.
(c) Classist men.
(d) Unprivileged men.
13. In a culture of domination, everyone is taught to accept violence as a means of what?
14. Hooks said that which of the following did some women begin to understand that resulted in the focus of feminism shifting away from just the rights of privileged women?
(a) The position of black men.
(b) The position of white women.
(c) The position of children.
(d) The position of the black female.
15. What movement rose when anti-feminist thinking gave rise?
(a) Men's oppression.
(b) Women's oppression.
(c) Men's liberation movement.
(d) Children's liberation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freer-thinking younger generation black women in which decades felt free to confront white feminists about racism from hooks' perspective?
2. Hooks proposes that men and women should be given state aid for how long while they pursue a career?
3. What type of women were typically reformist thinkers, in hooks' opinion?
4. What does hooks describe as the anti-feminist backlash that is most damaging to children?
5. Which of the following is described by hooks as ending once the patriarchal system has been abolished?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)