|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks claims that it became clear that what was not the challenge to freedom?
2. Which of the following is not a result of bad relationships, according to hooks?
(a) Child abuse.
(b) Lack of sex.
(c) Unhappy women.
(d) Unwanted pregnancies.
3. Female sexual liberation was fancied by men who enjoyed having sex with what kind of women?
(a) Black women.
(b) Lesbian women.
(c) Uninhibited women.
(d) Feminist women.
4. Which of the following is not an example of domestic violence?
(a) A lesbian woman punches her lover.
(b) A man punches his wife.
(c) A man punches a stranger on the street.
(d) A man punches his son.
5. Which group, according to hooks, has demonized feminism the most?
(a) Right-wing fundamentalists.
(b) Left-wing liberals.
(d) Religious groups.
6. What does hooks believe allowed women to choose to live with a man rather than to marry him?
(a) Sexual liberation.
(b) Sexual freedom.
(c) Sexual awareness.
(d) Sexual awakening.
7. From hooks' point of view, why did many conservative presses consistently present feminists as "man haters"?
(a) To discredit the feminist movement.
(b) To find a way to get others interested in feminism.
(c) To actively encourage hate for women.
(d) To prove a true statement.
8. What do some women blame for forcing them into the workforce, according to Hooks?
(a) The economy.
9. Who does hooks claim will feel more entitled to maintain control by any means?
(a) Those in power.
(b) Those with no power.
(c) Those who can never have power.
(d) Those who want power.
10. Which of the following is the definition given for domestic violence?
(a) A man control a woman through force.
(b) A weak indvidual exerts force over a stronger one.
(c) A small-minded person exerts force over another person.
(d) A powerful individual controls another through force.
11. Hooks proposed that more work needs to be done with the relationships between what kinds of women?
(a) Elderly white and elderly black women.
(b) White women in leadership and black women in leadership.
(c) Young white and young black girls.
(d) White and black women in the workplace.
12. Freer-thinking younger generation black women in which decades felt free to confront white feminists about racism from hooks' perspective?
(a) 1950s and 1960s.
(b) 1970s and 1980s.
(c) 1990s and 2000s.
(d) 1980s and 1990s.
13. Hooks proposes that men and women should be given state aid for how long while they pursue a career?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) While they are in college.
(d) Less than a year.
14. What system allows dominance to survive, according to hooks?
(a) Racist sytem.
(b) Patriarchal system.
(c) Capitalist system.
(d) Socialist system.
15. Hooks claims there is a link between domestic violence and what?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to hooks, who are still socially isolated from each other?
2. What type of women were typically reformist thinkers, in hooks' opinion?
3. According to hooks, what liberates women?
4. Who was stereotyped and broadly given a sexist identity, according to hooks?
5. In the scenario that hooks presents, what did the young girl notice about the women who appeared on TV or in magazines?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)