|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an example of domestic violence?
(a) A lesbian woman punches her lover.
(b) A man punches his son.
(c) A man punches a stranger on the street.
(d) A man punches his wife.
2. Hooks claims that who must fight domestic violence before it can be ended?
(a) White and black men.
(b) White and black women.
(c) Children and adults.
(d) Men and women.
3. According to hooks, who began engaging in sadomasochistic behavior, driving heterosexual women to turn to patriarchal models of sexual freedom?
(a) Radical lesbians.
4. Who did hooks describe as joining the feminist movement out of natural progression?
(a) White men.
(b) Activist lesbians.
(c) Black women.
(d) Gay men.
5. What kind of activists were conflicted about the inclusion of spirituality in the feminist movement?
(a) Atheist activists.
(b) Conservative activists.
(c) Liberal activists.
(d) Religious activists.
6. Hooks proposed that more work needs to be done with the relationships between what kinds of women?
(a) White and black women in the workplace.
(b) White women in leadership and black women in leadership.
(c) Elderly white and elderly black women.
(d) Young white and young black girls.
7. What does the word misogyny relate to?
(b) Fear of marriage.
8. What seems to be lacking in availability to men to help secure an identity not related to sexism and domination, according to hooks?
(a) Job security.
(b) Social outlets.
(c) Educational venues.
(d) Government programs.
9. Who does hooks seem to blame most for sweeping the issue of race under the rug?
(a) White women.
(b) Black women.
(c) Black men.
(d) White men.
10. Great concern exists among feminists for the plight of women in which countries?
(a) South American countries.
(b) Middle eastern countries.
(c) Third-world countries.
(d) Asian countries.
11. According to hooks, what led many women to think they could establish the feminist agenda for women all over the world?
12. Hooks proposes that men and women should be given state aid for how long while they pursue a career?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 years.
(c) Less than a year.
(d) While they are in college.
13. Which of the following is the definition given for domestic violence?
(a) A small-minded person exerts force over another person.
(b) A powerful individual controls another through force.
(c) A weak indvidual exerts force over a stronger one.
(d) A man control a woman through force.
14. According to hooks, how many cents out of each dollar that men earned did women earn?
(a) 50 cents.
(b) 73 cents.
(c) 90 cents.
(d) 23 cents.
15. Who does hooks claim will feel more entitled to maintain control by any means?
(a) Those who can never have power.
(b) Those with no power.
(c) Those who want power.
(d) Those in power.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is closest to the definition of self-actualization?
2. Hooks claimed that many women stay in bad relationships for what reason?
3. According to many reformist thinkers, what made a woman liberated?
4. Hooks describes one of the major focuses of the early feminist movement as being what?
5. How did some feminists react to younger black women deflecting attention from sexism to racism, according to hooks?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)