|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do some women blame for forcing them into the workforce, according to Hooks?
(a) The economy.
2. According to hooks, working women received mixed messages from who?
(a) Reformist thinkers.
(b) Revolutionist thinkers.
3. Which group, according to hooks, has demonized feminism the most?
(a) Religious groups.
(c) Left-wing liberals.
(d) Right-wing fundamentalists.
4. According to hooks, who are still socially isolated from each other?
(a) Black women and white women.
(b) Hispanic women and white women.
(c) White women and all other women.
(d) Black women and all other women.
5. According to hooks, what changed the face of the feminist movement more than any other factor?
(a) The demand that feminism address ageism.
(b) The demand that feminism address sexism.
(c) The demand that feminism address race.
(d) The demand that feminism address oppression.
6. Early feminists looked to the spiritual works of a mystic named which of the following?
7. Which of the following is not a result of bad relationships, according to hooks?
(a) Unwanted pregnancies.
(b) Unhappy women.
(c) Lack of sex.
(d) Child abuse.
8. Hooks proposed that more work needs to be done with the relationships between what kinds of women?
(a) White women in leadership and black women in leadership.
(b) Elderly white and elderly black women.
(c) Young white and young black girls.
(d) White and black women in the workplace.
9. Where are more women allegedly beaten and murdered?
(a) Inside their homes.
(b) In shelters.
(c) On the streets.
(d) While running daily errands.
10. Hooks claims that who must fight domestic violence before it can be ended?
(a) Men and women.
(b) Children and adults.
(c) White and black women.
(d) White and black men.
11. Which of the following is described by hooks as ending once the patriarchal system has been abolished?
12. What does hooks describe as the anti-feminist backlash that is most damaging to children?
(a) The idea that it is dysfunctional for children to be raised in household where a mother is the head.
(b) The idea that women should not be free to work outside the home.
(c) The idea that women should have many children.
(d) The idea that men should never work at home.
13. Hooks describes women as being veiled in which countries?
(b) South American countries.
(c) Mid-eastern and African countries.
(d) Asian countries.
14. Freer-thinking younger generation black women in which decades felt free to confront white feminists about racism from hooks' perspective?
(a) 1950s and 1960s.
(b) 1970s and 1980s.
(c) 1980s and 1990s.
(d) 1990s and 2000s.
15. When some feminists within the movement sought to make the movement anti-male, what did hooks claim they deflected?
(a) Male responsibility.
(b) Female responsibility.
(c) Black responsibility.
(d) White responsibility.
Short Answer Questions
1. Female sexual liberation was fancied by men who enjoyed having sex with what kind of women?
2. In the scenario that hooks presents, what did the young girl notice about the women who appeared on TV or in magazines?
3. According to hooks, which forms of violence must be fought against?
4. Hooks describes the conservative solution for the hard life of working women as what?
5. What type of women were typically reformist thinkers, in hooks' opinion?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)