|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is described by hooks as ending once the patriarchal system has been abolished?
2. Hooks said that which of the following did some women begin to understand that resulted in the focus of feminism shifting away from just the rights of privileged women?
(a) The position of children.
(b) The position of black men.
(c) The position of the black female.
(d) The position of white women.
3. According to hooks, where do sex clubs exist that feminists should be concerned with?
(b) Middle East.
(d) Far East.
4. What system allows dominance to survive, according to hooks?
(a) Socialist system.
(b) Capitalist system.
(c) Patriarchal system.
(d) Racist sytem.
5. According to hooks, who are still socially isolated from each other?
(a) White women and all other women.
(b) Hispanic women and white women.
(c) Black women and all other women.
(d) Black women and white women.
6. Which of the following is not an example of domestic violence?
(a) A man punches a stranger on the street.
(b) A lesbian woman punches her lover.
(c) A man punches his wife.
(d) A man punches his son.
7. According to hooks, working women received mixed messages from who?
(a) Revolutionist thinkers.
(d) Reformist thinkers.
8. What movement rose when anti-feminist thinking gave rise?
(a) Men's liberation movement.
(b) Men's oppression.
(c) Women's oppression.
(d) Children's liberation.
9. Which group, according to hooks, has demonized feminism the most?
(b) Right-wing fundamentalists.
(c) Left-wing liberals.
(d) Religious groups.
10. What type of relationships does feminism place the emphasis on, according to hooks?
(a) Equal and satisfying.
(b) Fun and casual.
(c) Tyrannical and patriarchal.
(d) Religious and spiritual.
11. Hooks describes the conservative solution for the hard life of working women as what?
(a) Women working in business settings.
(b) Women working in positions that require high education.
(c) Women staying home.
(d) Women working in their own offices.
12. What seems to be lacking in availability to men to help secure an identity not related to sexism and domination, according to hooks?
(a) Educational venues.
(b) Government programs.
(c) Social outlets.
(d) Job security.
13. Where does female circumcision occur as mentioned in the text?
14. What does the word misogyny relate to?
(b) Fear of marriage.
15. Who does hooks seem to blame most for sweeping the issue of race under the rug?
(a) Black women.
(b) White men.
(c) White women.
(d) Black men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of man does hooks describe as feeling unimportant and out of control?
2. Hooks claimed that she was how old when she began confronting the issue of racism and demanding change?
3. Which of the following is the definition given for domestic violence?
4. Which of the following did hooks describe as a barrier to the spread of feminism?
5. What term refers to abstaining from sex?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)