|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the definition given for domestic violence?
(a) A powerful individual controls another through force.
(b) A small-minded person exerts force over another person.
(c) A weak indvidual exerts force over a stronger one.
(d) A man control a woman through force.
2. When some feminists within the movement sought to make the movement anti-male, what did hooks claim they deflected?
(a) White responsibility.
(b) Male responsibility.
(c) Female responsibility.
(d) Black responsibility.
3. According to hooks, who began engaging in sadomasochistic behavior, driving heterosexual women to turn to patriarchal models of sexual freedom?
(d) Radical lesbians.
4. Feminism teaches that the only relationships between men and women that can survive are those in which both support which of the following?
(b) Traditional roles.
(d) Radical roles.
5. Early feminists looked to the spiritual works of a mystic named which of the following?
6. According to hooks, what led many women to think they could establish the feminist agenda for women all over the world?
7. In the 1960s, what fraction of America's women were working?
8. Who did hooks describe as joining the feminist movement out of natural progression?
(a) White men.
(b) Black women.
(c) Gay men.
(d) Activist lesbians.
9. What system allows dominance to survive, according to hooks?
(a) Capitalist system.
(b) Patriarchal system.
(c) Racist sytem.
(d) Socialist system.
10. According to hooks, working women received mixed messages from who?
(c) Revolutionist thinkers.
(d) Reformist thinkers.
11. Hooks claims that who must fight domestic violence before it can be ended?
(a) Children and adults.
(b) White and black men.
(c) White and black women.
(d) Men and women.
12. Without addressing the issue of racism in the minds of white feminist leaders, why would feminism be doomed in hooks' perspective?
(a) There would be no possibility to break down the bonds of patriarchy.
(b) There would be no possibility for sisterhood.
(c) There would be no possibility of feminism continuing on.
(d) There would be no possibility for liberation.
13. Which of the following is described by hooks as ending once the patriarchal system has been abolished?
14. By the 1990s, hooks claims that half the women in America were which of the following?
(a) Working women.
15. According to hooks, how many cents out of each dollar that men earned did women earn?
(a) 50 cents.
(b) 23 cents.
(c) 90 cents.
(d) 73 cents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks used this term to describe the feminist view of men that is not threatening.
2. According to hooks, what liberates women?
3. What movement rose when anti-feminist thinking gave rise?
4. According to hooks, who are still socially isolated from each other?
5. Which group, according to hooks, has demonized feminism the most?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)