|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did some feminists react to younger black women deflecting attention from sexism to racism, according to hooks?
(a) The black women were ignored.
(b) The black women were called traitors.
(c) The black women were considered heroes.
(d) The black women were applauded but their ideas were ignored.
2. By the 1990s, hooks claims that half the women in America were which of the following?
(d) Working women.
3. As hooks described, "man-identified woman" would readily give up her activism if it threatened a relationship with who?
(b) A woman.
(d) A man.
4. Which of the following is closest to the definition of self-actualization?
(a) A woman who identifies as a feminist.
(b) A woman who lives for herself.
(c) A woman who lives for her children.
(d) A woman who lives to serve her husband.
5. What do some women blame for forcing them into the workforce, according to Hooks?
(b) The economy.
6. Without addressing the issue of racism in the minds of white feminist leaders, why would feminism be doomed in hooks' perspective?
(a) There would be no possibility for sisterhood.
(b) There would be no possibility to break down the bonds of patriarchy.
(c) There would be no possibility of feminism continuing on.
(d) There would be no possibility for liberation.
7. Which of the following did hooks describe as a barrier to the spread of feminism?
(b) Patriarchal religion.
8. According to hooks, what led many women to think they could establish the feminist agenda for women all over the world?
9. Where are more women allegedly beaten and murdered?
(a) Inside their homes.
(b) In shelters.
(c) On the streets.
(d) While running daily errands.
10. According to hooks, where do sex clubs exist that feminists should be concerned with?
(a) Middle East.
(b) Far East.
11. Hooks describes women as being veiled in which countries?
(b) Mid-eastern and African countries.
(c) South American countries.
(d) Asian countries.
12. Which group, according to hooks, has demonized feminism the most?
(a) Left-wing liberals.
(b) Right-wing fundamentalists.
(d) Religious groups.
13. It did not take women long to recognize that sexual liberation and which of the following were not the same, according to hooks?
14. According to hooks, what did privileged-class white women expect lower classes and blacks to be in the feminist movement?
15. Hooks describes one of the major focuses of the early feminist movement as being what?
(a) Raising boys to respect girls.
(b) Raising children free of sexist thinking.
(c) Raising girls to believe in themselves.
(d) Raising children to become good adults.
Short Answer Questions
1. Great concern exists among feminists for the plight of women in which countries?
2. Hooks attributes who to contributing to young boys' distorted view of what defines masculinity when it came to feminist parenting?
3. Which type of feminists were dismayed to learn their leaders were committed to imperialism, according to hooks?
4. According to hooks, early activists were remiss for not stressing which of the following?
5. According to hooks, what changed the face of the feminist movement more than any other factor?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)