|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which decade did many women begin to choose not to wear bras and girdles?
2. What was the name of the book Betty Friedan wrote?
(a) The Feminist Manifesto.
(b) Becoming a Feminist.
(c) The Feminine Mystique.
(d) Feminists and Women.
3. Who sought out dangerous, illegal abortions, according to hooks?
(a) Poor and black women.
(b) Black women.
(d) White women.
4. As a result of which group's presence, according to hooks, is male domination expected?
(a) Middle Easterners.
5. According to hooks, who should have access to safe and affordable abortions?
(a) Black women.
(b) Young women.
(c) All women.
(d) Privileged women.
6. What is the second factor that hooks alleges will diminish the necessity for abortions?
(a) Women having less sex.
(b) Meaningful sex education.
(c) Free contraception.
(d) Classes about contraception at community colleges.
7. What forced the shoe industry to produce low-heeled business shoes, according to hooks?
(a) Businesses banned them.
(b) Studies showed they were detrimental to a woman's ability to work.
(c) Studies showed they were detrimental to health.
(d) Some women decided not to wear heeled shoes.
8. In which decade did hooks see the feminist political movement diminish after the sexual revolution?
9. Which field did hooks claim the reformist movement focused on?
(b) Law enforcement.
10. The feminist movement urged universities to rediscover what related to women and include it in their curriculum?
11. When did hooks learn about feminist politics?
(a) After she graduated from college.
(b) When she started writing books.
(c) Before she took feminist classes.
(d) Before she attended elementary school.
12. Hooks claims that which group is trying to remove women's studies courses?
13. What type of funding does hooks suggest is a goal for the feminist movement in order to read a broad and diverse audience?
(a) Feminist films.
(b) Feminist TV network.
(c) Feminist publishing company.
(d) Feminist websites.
14. Hooks claimed that women wanted to be seen most favorably by who?
(a) Their children.
(b) Their peers.
(c) Men who controlled them.
(d) Women who supported them.
15. According to hooks, who needed to cede their self-appointed ownership of feminism?
(a) White men.
(b) Elderly women.
(c) White women.
(d) Black women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do women need to stop mimicking, according to hooks?
2. Who were hooks' alleged stars of the feminist movement early on?
3. Hooks saw that some white leaders were at first resistant to including the struggles of what type of women in shaping feminist thought?
4. What was the second type of new policy that hooks' claims as creating a new underclass of women and children who suffered as a result of patriarchy?
5. Which of the following is a consequence hooks describes as resulting from the fashion industry?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)