|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, according to hooks, ended up slowing progress because they did not deal with their own internalized sexism?
(a) White women.
(b) Working-class women.
(c) Black women.
(d) High-profile women.
2. Hooks claimed that women wanted to be seen most favorably by who?
(a) Their children.
(b) Women who supported them.
(c) Their peers.
(d) Men who controlled them.
3. What did women come face to face with most with the onset of the sexual revolution?
(a) Freedom from oppression.
(b) Sexually transmitted diseases.
(c) Sexual assault.
(d) Unwanted pregnancy.
4. What reason does hooks give for why some women adopted feminist jargon without understanding it?
(a) To further their careers.
(b) To fit in with their friends.
(c) To support and advocate feminism.
(d) To show intolerance of feminism.
5. What type of woman seems to fill up fashion magazine advertisements, according to hooks?
(a) Unintelligent women.
(b) Overweight women.
(c) Blonde women.
(d) Thin women.
6. What is associated with the sexual revolution?
(c) Sexual oppresson.
(d) Free love.
7. In which decade did many women begin to choose not to wear bras and girdles?
8. What was the second type of new policy that hooks' claims as creating a new underclass of women and children who suffered as a result of patriarchy?
(a) Dress code policies.
(b) Welfare assistance.
(c) Public strike laws.
(d) Minimum wage laws.
9. Hooks claims that when consciousness-raising groups re-emerge, who must be included?
10. Which field did hooks claim the reformist movement focused on?
(c) Law enforcement.
11. Hooks claimed that what needs a restart?
(a) True feminism.
(c) Reformist feminism.
(d) Revolutionary feminism.
12. In which classes at her university did hooks feel the most support?
(c) Women's studies.
13. What types of abortions have anti-abortion movement groups targeted most?
(a) Abortions by black women.
(b) Abortions for single women.
(c) Abortions covered by insurance companies.
(d) State-funded abortions.
14. According to hooks, women's acceptance of their bodies has allowed them to accept what process?
15. Hooks describes which decade as having a resurgence of obsession with appearance?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which university did hooks attend?
2. Hooks claims that powerful men were threatened by which group of people?
3. According to hooks, who is feminism not targeting?
4. The feminist movement urged universities to rediscover what related to women and include it in their curriculum?
5. When was Ain't I a Woman published?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)