|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a result of fashion taking notice of women's demands in attire?
(a) Women's magazines.
(b) Runway shows.
(c) New designers.
(d) Feminist advertisements.
2. What decade did the book Ain't I a Woman address?
3. What was the most sought after reproductive safegaurd in the sexual revolution?
(a) Birth control pills.
4. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
(a) Universities and colleges.
(c) Mainstream media.
5. Who do women need to stop mimicking, according to hooks?
(a) Weak women.
(c) Powerful women.
(d) Powerful men.
6. The feminist movement urged universities to rediscover what related to women and include it in their curriculum?
7. Which type of woman does hooks describe as having the options of both contraceptives and abortions?
(a) Black women.
(b) White women.
(c) Poor women.
(d) Privileged women.
8. Which groups took the most issue with abortion and contraception?
(a) Liberal groups.
(b) Patriarchal groups.
(c) Christian groups.
(d) Atheist groups.
9. According to hooks, who should have access to safe and affordable abortions?
(a) Black women.
(b) Privileged women.
(c) All women.
(d) Young women.
10. Who should information about feminism be available to, according to hooks?
(a) Young people.
11. Hooks saw that some white leaders were at first resistant to including the struggles of what type of women in shaping feminist thought?
(a) Hispanic women.
(b) Black women.
(c) Elderly women.
(d) Teenage women.
12. Hooks explains that which of the following is the second goal of feminism?
(a) To end exploitation of men.
(b) To end exploitation of children.
(c) To end exploitation of students.
(d) To end sexist exploitation.
13. What forced the shoe industry to produce low-heeled business shoes, according to hooks?
(a) Studies showed they were detrimental to health.
(b) Some women decided not to wear heeled shoes.
(c) Studies showed they were detrimental to a woman's ability to work.
(d) Businesses banned them.
14. According to hooks, who lost their jobs in the 1970s?
(c) College professors.
(d) Factory workers.
15. Hooks claimed that what needs a restart?
(a) True feminism.
(b) Reformist feminism.
(c) Revolutionary feminism.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the 1970s, which movement was most powerful in hooks' opinion?
2. Where were the earliest feminist meetings held?
3. Anorexia and compulsive overeating are both described by hooks as being diseases with roots in lack of which of the following?
4. In which decade did many women begin to choose not to wear bras and girdles?
5. How does hooks' "sisterhood" occur?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)