|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which decade did many women begin to choose not to wear bras and girdles?
2. What was the most sought after reproductive safegaurd in the sexual revolution?
(a) Birth control pills.
3. What types of abortions have anti-abortion movement groups targeted most?
(a) Abortions covered by insurance companies.
(b) Abortions by black women.
(c) Abortions for single women.
(d) State-funded abortions.
4. What is associated with the sexual revolution?
(a) Free love.
(c) Sexual oppresson.
5. The advent of no-fault divorces tended to favor who, according to hooks?
(d) The government.
6. How does misinformation spread, in hooks' point of view?
(c) Mass media.
7. What decade did the book Ain't I a Woman address?
8. As opportunities grew for women, what type of solidarity began to wither, from hooks' perspective?
(a) Solidarity among all races of women.
(b) Solidarity among all classes of women.
(c) Solidarity among all ages of women.
(d) Solidarity among men and women.
9. The feminist movement urged universities to rediscover what related to women and include it in their curriculum?
10. Hooks believes that young women growing up at the time the book was written will feel that what issue is no longer a problem?
(c) Sexual harassment.
11. Which field did hooks claim the reformist movement focused on?
(b) Law enforcement.
12. When did hooks learn about feminist politics?
(a) Before she attended elementary school.
(b) When she started writing books.
(c) Before she took feminist classes.
(d) After she graduated from college.
13. What does hooks describe as one of feminism's greatest foes?
(b) The "enemy within."
14. According to hooks, women's acceptance of their bodies has allowed them to accept what process?
15. Hooks states that the first goal of feminism is which of the following?
(a) To begin wage wars.
(b) To end sexism.
(c) To end oppression of children.
(d) To end racism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the book Betty Friedan wrote?
2. Which of the following is most commonplace to hooks?
3. Hooks claimed that for feminism to regain momentum, what must be available for the masses, especially the young?
4. According to the text, who runs mass media?
5. According to hooks, who lost their jobs in the 1970s?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)