|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to hooks, what gave permission for female bonding?
(a) Equal wages.
(b) Powerful men.
(c) Feminist movement.
(d) The business world.
2. The advent of no-fault divorces tended to favor who, according to hooks?
(a) The government.
3. Which of the following is a consequence hooks describes as resulting from the fashion industry?
(a) Poor economy.
(b) Immoral women.
(c) Causing depression.
(d) Ruining self-esteem.
4. According to hooks, who did the media focus on when it came to feminist issues?
(a) High-profile women.
(c) Black women.
(d) Working-class women.
5. Which group of women struggled most as a result of lower wages, according to hooks?
(a) Black women.
(b) Privileged women.
(c) White women.
(d) Lower class women.
6. How does hooks' "sisterhood" occur?
(a) Women must stop participating in societal patriarchy.
(b) Women must stop dominating each other.
(c) Women must stop loving men.
(d) Women must start loving each other.
7. When was Ain't I a Woman published?
8. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
(a) Mainstream media.
(b) Universities and colleges.
9. Which group seems to be writing the most articles in magazines geared toward women, as witnessed by hooks?
(a) Privileged women.
(c) Poor women.
10. In what decade were women's studies on a solid course toward acceptance?
11. What is associated with the sexual revolution?
(a) Free love.
(d) Sexual oppresson.
12. Hooks claims that powerful men were threatened by which group of people?
(a) Young women.
(b) Black women.
(c) Non-white people.
(d) White women.
13. Where were the earliest feminist meetings held?
(a) In town halls.
(b) In classrooms.
(c) In government buildings.
(d) In the homes of activists.
14. What was the second type of new policy that hooks' claims as creating a new underclass of women and children who suffered as a result of patriarchy?
(a) Dress code policies.
(b) Minimum wage laws.
(c) Public strike laws.
(d) Welfare assistance.
15. As a result of which group's presence, according to hooks, is male domination expected?
(c) Middle Easterners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did hooks see as the basis that would ultimately undermine sexism and overthrow patriarchy?
2. Feminist liberation can only be a reality with societal shifts in what field, according to hooks?
3. When feminism first began, hooks explains that which of the following was the second group feminism was split between?
4. Who should information about feminism be available to, according to hooks?
5. Which type of woman does hooks describe as having the options of both contraceptives and abortions?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)