|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group seems to be writing the most articles in magazines geared toward women, as witnessed by hooks?
(a) Poor women.
(d) Privileged women.
2. As a result of which group's presence, according to hooks, is male domination expected?
(d) Middle Easterners.
3. According to hooks, who undermines the feminist movement by disingenuously making claim to it?
(a) Women younger than 30.
(b) Women older than 50.
(c) Women of color.
(d) Women of class.
4. Hooks claims that when consciousness-raising groups re-emerge, who must be included?
5. In which decade did many women begin to choose not to wear bras and girdles?
6. Anorexia and compulsive overeating are both described by hooks as being diseases with roots in lack of which of the following?
(c) Body weight.
7. Hooks claimed that what needs a restart?
(b) True feminism.
(c) Reformist feminism.
(d) Revolutionary feminism.
8. In which classes at her university did hooks feel the most support?
(a) Women's studies.
9. In the 1970s, which movement was most powerful in hooks' opinion?
(a) Fighting oppression in the media.
(b) Reproductive rights.
(c) Equality in the workplace.
(d) Sexual freedom.
10. According to hooks, who needed to cede their self-appointed ownership of feminism?
(a) White men.
(b) White women.
(c) Black women.
(d) Elderly women.
11. Hooks claims that which group is trying to remove women's studies courses?
12. Betty Friedan's book focused on which type of woman?
(b) Business women.
13. According to hooks, what gave permission for female bonding?
(a) Equal wages.
(b) Feminist movement.
(c) The business world.
(d) Powerful men.
14. Hooks saw that some white leaders were at first resistant to including the struggles of what type of women in shaping feminist thought?
(a) Black women.
(b) Hispanic women.
(c) Teenage women.
(d) Elderly women.
15. Hooks claims that focusing on what type of rights is necessary to protect the freedom of women?
(a) Reproductive rights.
(b) Sexual rights.
(c) Career rights.
(d) Educational rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of woman seems to fill up fashion magazine advertisements, according to hooks?
2. In what decade were women's studies on a solid course toward acceptance?
3. What did hooks see as the basis that would ultimately undermine sexism and overthrow patriarchy?
4. Hooks claims that which of the following would diminish the necessity for abortions?
5. The third goal of feminism is which of the following, according to bell hooks?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)