|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is most commonplace to hooks?
(c) Manic depression.
(d) Bipolar disorder.
2. How does hooks' "sisterhood" occur?
(a) Women must start loving each other.
(b) Women must stop loving men.
(c) Women must stop participating in societal patriarchy.
(d) Women must stop dominating each other.
3. Hooks claims that when consciousness-raising groups re-emerge, who must be included?
4. In which decade did many women begin to choose not to wear bras and girdles?
5. Hooks claims that which of the following would diminish the necessity for abortions?
(a) Access to contraceptives.
(b) Education about domestic abuse.
(c) Abstinence education.
(d) Religious groups.
6. Hooks claimed that what needs a restart?
(a) True feminism.
(c) Revolutionary feminism.
(d) Reformist feminism.
7. Hooks describes which decade as having a resurgence of obsession with appearance?
8. In which classes at her university did hooks feel the most support?
(b) Women's studies.
9. The advent of no-fault divorces tended to favor who, according to hooks?
(d) The government.
10. Hooks states that the first goal of feminism is which of the following?
(a) To end racism.
(b) To end oppression of children.
(c) To begin wage wars.
(d) To end sexism.
11. What is associated with the sexual revolution?
(a) Sexual oppresson.
(c) Free love.
12. According to hooks, what gave permission for female bonding?
(a) Equal wages.
(b) Powerful men.
(c) Feminist movement.
(d) The business world.
13. Hooks claims that focusing on what type of rights is necessary to protect the freedom of women?
(a) Educational rights.
(b) Sexual rights.
(c) Career rights.
(d) Reproductive rights.
14. Which of the following is a result of fashion taking notice of women's demands in attire?
(a) Women's magazines.
(b) New designers.
(c) Runway shows.
(d) Feminist advertisements.
15. What was the second type of new policy that hooks' claims as creating a new underclass of women and children who suffered as a result of patriarchy?
(a) Dress code policies.
(b) Public strike laws.
(c) Welfare assistance.
(d) Minimum wage laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of woman does hooks describe as having the options of both contraceptives and abortions?
2. Hooks saw that some white leaders were at first resistant to including the struggles of what type of women in shaping feminist thought?
3. What type of funding does hooks suggest is a goal for the feminist movement in order to read a broad and diverse audience?
4. How does misinformation spread, in hooks' point of view?
5. The third goal of feminism is which of the following, according to bell hooks?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)