|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do women need to stop mimicking, according to hooks?
(a) Weak women.
(b) Powerful men.
(d) Powerful women.
2. Hooks claimed that women wanted to be seen most favorably by who?
(a) Their peers.
(b) Women who supported them.
(c) Men who controlled them.
(d) Their children.
3. In which decade did hooks see the feminist political movement diminish after the sexual revolution?
4. Feminist liberation can only be a reality with societal shifts in what field, according to hooks?
(a) Racial elitism.
(b) Class elitism.
(c) Educational elitism.
(d) Career elitism.
5. According to hooks, women's acceptance of their bodies has allowed them to accept what process?
6. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
(a) Universities and colleges.
(b) Mainstream media.
7. What does hooks describe as one of feminism's greatest foes?
(d) The "enemy within."
8. When was Ain't I a Woman published?
9. Which of the following is a result of fashion taking notice of women's demands in attire?
(a) Runway shows.
(b) Feminist advertisements.
(c) New designers.
(d) Women's magazines.
10. According to hooks, who did the media focus on when it came to feminist issues?
(a) Black women.
(b) Working-class women.
(d) High-profile women.
11. When did hooks learn about feminist politics?
(a) Before she took feminist classes.
(b) When she started writing books.
(c) Before she attended elementary school.
(d) After she graduated from college.
12. Hooks claims that which of the following would diminish the necessity for abortions?
(a) Abstinence education.
(b) Religious groups.
(c) Education about domestic abuse.
(d) Access to contraceptives.
13. Which of the following began to overshadow feminist politics, according to hooks?
14. According to hooks, who lost their jobs in the 1970s?
(b) Factory workers.
(d) College professors.
15. According to hooks, who should have access to safe and affordable abortions?
(a) Young women.
(b) Privileged women.
(c) Black women.
(d) All women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks claims that when consciousness-raising groups re-emerge, who must be included?
2. According to the text, who runs mass media?
3. For centuries, what were women taught that their worth was, according to hooks?
4. Hooks describes that what was the first type of new policy that created a new underclass of women and children who suffered as a result of patriarchy?
5. What is associated with the sexual revolution?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)