|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a consequence hooks describes as resulting from the fashion industry?
(a) Immoral women.
(b) Poor economy.
(c) Ruining self-esteem.
(d) Causing depression.
2. Hooks claims that powerful men were threatened by which group of people?
(a) White women.
(b) Young women.
(c) Non-white people.
(d) Black women.
3. Hooks claims that when consciousness-raising groups re-emerge, who must be included?
4. Who should information about feminism be available to, according to hooks?
(a) Young people.
5. In which classes at her university did hooks feel the most support?
(d) Women's studies.
6. What type of woman seems to fill up fashion magazine advertisements, according to hooks?
(a) Blonde women.
(b) Overweight women.
(c) Unintelligent women.
(d) Thin women.
7. What was the name of the book Betty Friedan wrote?
(a) The Feminist Manifesto.
(b) Feminists and Women.
(c) The Feminine Mystique.
(d) Becoming a Feminist.
8. According to hooks, who should have access to safe and affordable abortions?
(a) All women.
(b) Black women.
(c) Privileged women.
(d) Young women.
9. In what type of society is every voice heard, according to hooks?
(a) Feminist society.
(b) Neutral society.
(c) Patriarchal society.
(d) Revolutionary society.
10. What types of abortions have anti-abortion movement groups targeted most?
(a) Abortions by black women.
(b) Abortions covered by insurance companies.
(c) Abortions for single women.
(d) State-funded abortions.
11. Hooks claimed that women wanted to be seen most favorably by who?
(a) Their peers.
(b) Women who supported them.
(c) Their children.
(d) Men who controlled them.
12. Hooks describes which decade as having a resurgence of obsession with appearance?
13. Which group of women struggled most as a result of lower wages, according to hooks?
(a) Black women.
(b) White women.
(c) Privileged women.
(d) Lower class women.
14. Feminist liberation can only be a reality with societal shifts in what field, according to hooks?
(a) Class elitism.
(b) Educational elitism.
(c) Career elitism.
(d) Racial elitism.
15. Hooks claims that which group is trying to remove women's studies courses?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks states that the first goal of feminism is which of the following?
2. Who, according to hooks, ended up slowing progress because they did not deal with their own internalized sexism?
3. What does hooks describe as one of feminism's greatest foes?
4. Where were the earliest feminist meetings held?
5. For centuries, what were women taught that their worth was, according to hooks?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)