|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following began to overshadow feminist politics, according to hooks?
2. In what type of society is every voice heard, according to hooks?
(a) Feminist society.
(b) Revolutionary society.
(c) Patriarchal society.
(d) Neutral society.
3. What did hooks see as the basis that would ultimately undermine sexism and overthrow patriarchy?
(b) The bonding of the working-class women.
(d) Upper class women.
4. Which type of woman does hooks describe as having the options of both contraceptives and abortions?
(a) Poor women.
(b) Black women.
(c) White women.
(d) Privileged women.
5. According to hooks, who should have access to safe and affordable abortions?
(a) All women.
(b) Privileged women.
(c) Black women.
(d) Young women.
6. In which decade did hooks see the feminist political movement diminish after the sexual revolution?
7. Hooks describes that what was the first type of new policy that created a new underclass of women and children who suffered as a result of patriarchy?
(a) Liberal immigration policies.
(b) Conservative immigration policies.
(c) Liberal reproductive laws.
(d) Conservative reproductive laws.
8. Where were the earliest feminist meetings held?
(a) In town halls.
(b) In government buildings.
(c) In classrooms.
(d) In the homes of activists.
9. Anorexia and compulsive overeating are both described by hooks as being diseases with roots in lack of which of the following?
(d) Body weight.
10. When the cosmetic industry worried feminism would ruin business, how did mass media portray feminists?
(a) As mean and rude.
(b) As masculine and ugly.
(c) As stupid and naive.
(d) As intelligent and educated.
11. According to hooks, what gave permission for female bonding?
(a) The business world.
(b) Feminist movement.
(c) Powerful men.
(d) Equal wages.
12. Which of the following is most commonplace to hooks?
(c) Manic depression.
(d) Bipolar disorder.
13. Which university did hooks attend?
14. Which of the following is a result of fashion taking notice of women's demands in attire?
(a) Feminist advertisements.
(b) Runway shows.
(c) Women's magazines.
(d) New designers.
15. Hooks states that the first goal of feminism is which of the following?
(a) To end sexism.
(b) To begin wage wars.
(c) To end oppression of children.
(d) To end racism.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to hooks, which type of activists were among the first to put a voice to inequities in an understandable language?
2. How does hooks' "sisterhood" occur?
3. Hooks reports that which group was most displaced by high-profile women being put in the spotlight of the feminist movement?
4. What was the second type of new policy that hooks' claims as creating a new underclass of women and children who suffered as a result of patriarchy?
5. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)