|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks claims that which of the following would diminish the necessity for abortions?
(a) Religious groups.
(b) Education about domestic abuse.
(c) Access to contraceptives.
(d) Abstinence education.
2. According to hooks, which type of activists were among the first to put a voice to inequities in an understandable language?
(a) Male activists.
(b) Activists who were mothers.
(c) Teenage activists.
(d) Lesbian activists.
3. What did hooks see as the basis that would ultimately undermine sexism and overthrow patriarchy?
(c) Upper class women.
(d) The bonding of the working-class women.
4. According to hooks, who should have access to safe and affordable abortions?
(a) Young women.
(b) Black women.
(c) Privileged women.
(d) All women.
5. Which group seems to be writing the most articles in magazines geared toward women, as witnessed by hooks?
(a) Poor women.
(b) Privileged women.
6. What is associated with the sexual revolution?
(b) Sexual oppresson.
(c) Free love.
7. As opportunities grew for women, what type of solidarity began to wither, from hooks' perspective?
(a) Solidarity among all ages of women.
(b) Solidarity among all races of women.
(c) Solidarity among men and women.
(d) Solidarity among all classes of women.
8. What was the most sought after reproductive safegaurd in the sexual revolution?
(a) Birth control pills.
9. For centuries, what were women taught that their worth was, according to hooks?
(a) Their appearance.
(b) Their skills.
(c) Their intelligence.
(d) Their money.
10. Which of the following is most commonplace to hooks?
(b) Manic depression.
(c) Bipolar disorder.
11. Which of the following is a consequence hooks describes as resulting from the fashion industry?
(a) Causing depression.
(b) Poor economy.
(c) Ruining self-esteem.
(d) Immoral women.
12. Who do women need to stop mimicking, according to hooks?
(b) Weak women.
(c) Powerful men.
(d) Powerful women.
13. Hooks believes that young women growing up at the time the book was written will feel that what issue is no longer a problem?
(c) Sexual harassment.
14. What reason does hooks give for why some women adopted feminist jargon without understanding it?
(a) To further their careers.
(b) To support and advocate feminism.
(c) To fit in with their friends.
(d) To show intolerance of feminism.
15. Hooks saw that some white leaders were at first resistant to including the struggles of what type of women in shaping feminist thought?
(a) Hispanic women.
(b) Black women.
(c) Elderly women.
(d) Teenage women.
Short Answer Questions
1. The third goal of feminism is which of the following, according to bell hooks?
2. Hooks claimed that what needs a restart?
3. Which group of women struggled most as a result of lower wages, according to hooks?
4. Who sought out dangerous, illegal abortions, according to hooks?
5. When did hooks learn about feminist politics?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)