|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which decade did hooks see the feminist political movement diminish after the sexual revolution?
2. Where were the earliest feminist meetings held?
(a) In town halls.
(b) In the homes of activists.
(c) In classrooms.
(d) In government buildings.
3. What was the most sought after reproductive safegaurd in the sexual revolution?
(b) Birth control pills.
4. In what type of society is every voice heard, according to hooks?
(a) Patriarchal society.
(b) Neutral society.
(c) Revolutionary society.
(d) Feminist society.
5. Who do women need to stop mimicking, according to hooks?
(a) Powerful women.
(b) Weak women.
(d) Powerful men.
6. Which of the following is a consequence hooks describes as resulting from the fashion industry?
(a) Poor economy.
(b) Immoral women.
(c) Ruining self-esteem.
(d) Causing depression.
7. According to hooks, what gave permission for female bonding?
(a) Powerful men.
(b) Equal wages.
(c) Feminist movement.
(d) The business world.
8. What does hooks propose the public does to avoid passing on misinformation about feminism?
(a) Change school curriculum.
(b) Hire more strong female teachers.
(c) Separate boys and girls in classrooms.
(d) Hold feminist group meetings on school campus.
9. Hooks claimed that women wanted to be seen most favorably by who?
(a) Their children.
(b) Their peers.
(c) Women who supported them.
(d) Men who controlled them.
10. Which group seems to be writing the most articles in magazines geared toward women, as witnessed by hooks?
(a) Privileged women.
(d) Poor women.
11. Hooks reports that which group was most displaced by high-profile women being put in the spotlight of the feminist movement?
(a) Working-class women.
(b) Feminist revolutionaries.
(d) Feminist reformists.
12. What reason does hooks give for why some women adopted feminist jargon without understanding it?
(a) To show intolerance of feminism.
(b) To fit in with their friends.
(c) To further their careers.
(d) To support and advocate feminism.
13. Which of the following is most commonplace to hooks?
(a) Manic depression.
(d) Bipolar disorder.
14. Which group of women struggled most as a result of lower wages, according to hooks?
(a) Lower class women.
(b) Black women.
(c) White women.
(d) Privileged women.
15. In the 1970s, which movement was most powerful in hooks' opinion?
(a) Fighting oppression in the media.
(b) Sexual freedom.
(c) Reproductive rights.
(d) Equality in the workplace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks claimed that for feminism to regain momentum, what must be available for the masses, especially the young?
2. What decade did the book Ain't I a Woman address?
3. When feminism first began, hooks explains that which of the following was the second group feminism was split between?
4. What is associated with the sexual revolution?
5. Betty Friedan's book focused on which type of woman?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)