|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who should information about feminism be available to, according to hooks?
(a) Young people.
2. What type of funding does hooks suggest is a goal for the feminist movement in order to read a broad and diverse audience?
(a) Feminist TV network.
(b) Feminist films.
(c) Feminist websites.
(d) Feminist publishing company.
3. The advent of no-fault divorces tended to favor who, according to hooks?
(c) The government.
4. Which university did hooks attend?
5. What is the second factor that hooks alleges will diminish the necessity for abortions?
(a) Free contraception.
(b) Meaningful sex education.
(c) Women having less sex.
(d) Classes about contraception at community colleges.
6. What is defined as gaining power by the exploitation of others?
(a) Power feminism.
(b) Reformist feminism.
(c) Intolerable feminism.
(d) True feminism.
7. In which classes at her university did hooks feel the most support?
(a) Women's studies.
8. In what decade were women's studies on a solid course toward acceptance?
9. What was the most sought after reproductive safegaurd in the sexual revolution?
(a) Birth control pills.
10. According to hooks, who did the media focus on when it came to feminist issues?
(a) Black women.
(b) Working-class women.
(d) High-profile women.
11. How does hooks' "sisterhood" occur?
(a) Women must stop dominating each other.
(b) Women must stop participating in societal patriarchy.
(c) Women must stop loving men.
(d) Women must start loving each other.
12. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
(a) Mainstream media.
(b) Universities and colleges.
13. Hooks claimed that for feminism to regain momentum, what must be available for the masses, especially the young?
(a) Educational opportunities.
(b) Career opportunities.
(d) Feminist groups and clubs.
14. Hooks reports that which group was most displaced by high-profile women being put in the spotlight of the feminist movement?
(a) Feminist reformists.
(c) Working-class women.
(d) Feminist revolutionaries.
15. Which groups took the most issue with abortion and contraception?
(a) Patriarchal groups.
(b) Atheist groups.
(c) Christian groups.
(d) Liberal groups.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the book Betty Friedan wrote?
2. What does hooks propose the public does to avoid passing on misinformation about feminism?
3. Which group seems to be writing the most articles in magazines geared toward women, as witnessed by hooks?
4. Who, according to hooks, ended up slowing progress because they did not deal with their own internalized sexism?
5. What types of abortions have anti-abortion movement groups targeted most?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)