|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the earliest feminist meetings held?
(a) In government buildings.
(b) In classrooms.
(c) In the homes of activists.
(d) In town halls.
2. Which type of feminist did hooks consider to be most distrusting?
(a) Hispanic feminists.
(b) White feminists.
(c) Black feminists.
(d) Male feminists.
3. According to hooks, what gave permission for female bonding?
(a) Equal wages.
(b) The business world.
(c) Powerful men.
(d) Feminist movement.
4. According to hooks, who lost their jobs in the 1970s?
(c) College professors.
(d) Factory workers.
5. The advent of no-fault divorces tended to favor who, according to hooks?
(c) The government.
6. In which classes at her university did hooks feel the most support?
(d) Women's studies.
7. The third goal of feminism is which of the following, according to bell hooks?
(a) To end oppression.
(b) To end racism.
(c) To end intolerance.
(d) To end hatred.
8. Hooks states that the first goal of feminism is which of the following?
(a) To end sexism.
(b) To end racism.
(c) To end oppression of children.
(d) To begin wage wars.
9. Hooks claims that when consciousness-raising groups re-emerge, who must be included?
10. Hooks claims that which group is trying to remove women's studies courses?
11. Hooks reports that which group was most displaced by high-profile women being put in the spotlight of the feminist movement?
(b) Feminist reformists.
(c) Working-class women.
(d) Feminist revolutionaries.
12. In what decade were women's studies on a solid course toward acceptance?
13. Anorexia and compulsive overeating are both described by hooks as being diseases with roots in lack of which of the following?
(c) Body weight.
14. What types of abortions have anti-abortion movement groups targeted most?
(a) Abortions covered by insurance companies.
(b) State-funded abortions.
(c) Abortions for single women.
(d) Abortions by black women.
15. In which decade did hooks see the feminist political movement diminish after the sexual revolution?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which field did hooks claim the reformist movement focused on?
2. According to hooks, who needed to cede their self-appointed ownership of feminism?
3. According to hooks, who undermines the feminist movement by disingenuously making claim to it?
4. Hooks claims that focusing on what type of rights is necessary to protect the freedom of women?
5. In what type of society is every voice heard, according to hooks?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)