|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does hooks propose the public does to avoid passing on misinformation about feminism?
(a) Hold feminist group meetings on school campus.
(b) Hire more strong female teachers.
(c) Change school curriculum.
(d) Separate boys and girls in classrooms.
2. What did hooks see as the basis that would ultimately undermine sexism and overthrow patriarchy?
(b) Upper class women.
(c) The bonding of the working-class women.
3. Hooks claimed that women wanted to be seen most favorably by who?
(a) Women who supported them.
(b) Their peers.
(c) Their children.
(d) Men who controlled them.
4. In which decade did many women begin to choose not to wear bras and girdles?
5. Hooks claimed that for feminism to regain momentum, what must be available for the masses, especially the young?
(a) Educational opportunities.
(b) Feminist groups and clubs.
(d) Career opportunities.
6. For centuries, what were women taught that their worth was, according to hooks?
(a) Their money.
(b) Their appearance.
(c) Their skills.
(d) Their intelligence.
7. Which group seems to be writing the most articles in magazines geared toward women, as witnessed by hooks?
(b) Privileged women.
(d) Poor women.
8. Hooks saw that some white leaders were at first resistant to including the struggles of what type of women in shaping feminist thought?
(a) Teenage women.
(b) Black women.
(c) Hispanic women.
(d) Elderly women.
9. In what type of society is every voice heard, according to hooks?
(a) Patriarchal society.
(b) Neutral society.
(c) Revolutionary society.
(d) Feminist society.
10. What is associated with the sexual revolution?
(a) Free love.
(c) Sexual oppresson.
11. Hooks claims that focusing on what type of rights is necessary to protect the freedom of women?
(a) Reproductive rights.
(b) Educational rights.
(c) Sexual rights.
(d) Career rights.
12. Who were hooks' alleged stars of the feminist movement early on?
(a) White men.
(c) White women.
(d) Black women.
13. What types of abortions have anti-abortion movement groups targeted most?
(a) Abortions by black women.
(b) Abortions covered by insurance companies.
(c) State-funded abortions.
(d) Abortions for single women.
14. According to hooks, who is feminism not targeting?
15. Which of the following is a consequence hooks describes as resulting from the fashion industry?
(a) Ruining self-esteem.
(b) Immoral women.
(c) Causing depression.
(d) Poor economy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is defined as gaining power by the exploitation of others?
2. What was the most sought after reproductive safegaurd in the sexual revolution?
3. Who do women need to stop mimicking, according to hooks?
4. Hooks believes that young women growing up at the time the book was written will feel that what issue is no longer a problem?
5. Feminist liberation can only be a reality with societal shifts in what field, according to hooks?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)