|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of funding does hooks suggest is a goal for the feminist movement in order to read a broad and diverse audience?
(a) Feminist websites.
(b) Feminist films.
(c) Feminist publishing company.
(d) Feminist TV network.
2. When feminism first began, which of the following was the first group feminism was split between, as explained by hooks?
(a) Faulty thinkers.
(b) Intolerance thinkers.
(c) Impressionist thinkers.
(d) Reformist thinkers.
3. Which group of women struggled most as a result of lower wages, according to hooks?
(a) Lower class women.
(b) White women.
(c) Black women.
(d) Privileged women.
4. According to hooks, who is feminism not targeting?
5. Hooks claims that focusing on what type of rights is necessary to protect the freedom of women?
(a) Sexual rights.
(b) Educational rights.
(c) Reproductive rights.
(d) Career rights.
6. What is associated with the sexual revolution?
(b) Free love.
(d) Sexual oppresson.
7. In what decade were women's studies on a solid course toward acceptance?
8. What does hooks propose the public does to avoid passing on misinformation about feminism?
(a) Hold feminist group meetings on school campus.
(b) Change school curriculum.
(c) Separate boys and girls in classrooms.
(d) Hire more strong female teachers.
9. Hooks describes that what was the first type of new policy that created a new underclass of women and children who suffered as a result of patriarchy?
(a) Conservative immigration policies.
(b) Conservative reproductive laws.
(c) Liberal reproductive laws.
(d) Liberal immigration policies.
10. Which field did hooks claim the reformist movement focused on?
(d) Law enforcement.
11. What is the second factor that hooks alleges will diminish the necessity for abortions?
(a) Free contraception.
(b) Classes about contraception at community colleges.
(c) Women having less sex.
(d) Meaningful sex education.
12. What did women come face to face with most with the onset of the sexual revolution?
(a) Sexual assault.
(b) Freedom from oppression.
(c) Sexually transmitted diseases.
(d) Unwanted pregnancy.
13. When feminism first began, hooks explains that which of the following was the second group feminism was split between?
(a) Cubist thinkers.
(b) Revolutionary thinkers.
(c) Modernist thinkers.
(d) Artistic thinkers.
14. Hooks claimed that women wanted to be seen most favorably by who?
(a) Men who controlled them.
(b) Women who supported them.
(c) Their children.
(d) Their peers.
15. What is defined as gaining power by the exploitation of others?
(a) Reformist feminism.
(b) True feminism.
(c) Intolerable feminism.
(d) Power feminism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks saw that some white leaders were at first resistant to including the struggles of what type of women in shaping feminist thought?
2. Which of the following is a consequence hooks describes as resulting from the fashion industry?
3. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
4. According to hooks, who needed to cede their self-appointed ownership of feminism?
5. According to hooks, who should have access to safe and affordable abortions?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)