|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does hooks propose the public does to avoid passing on misinformation about feminism?
(a) Separate boys and girls in classrooms.
(b) Hire more strong female teachers.
(c) Hold feminist group meetings on school campus.
(d) Change school curriculum.
2. Hooks describes which decade as having a resurgence of obsession with appearance?
3. In which classes at her university did hooks feel the most support?
(c) Women's studies.
4. For centuries, what were women taught that their worth was, according to hooks?
(a) Their intelligence.
(b) Their money.
(c) Their appearance.
(d) Their skills.
5. The advent of no-fault divorces tended to favor who, according to hooks?
(c) The government.
6. Hooks claims that which of the following would diminish the necessity for abortions?
(a) Education about domestic abuse.
(b) Abstinence education.
(c) Access to contraceptives.
(d) Religious groups.
7. Which groups took the most issue with abortion and contraception?
(a) Christian groups.
(b) Patriarchal groups.
(c) Liberal groups.
(d) Atheist groups.
8. What forced the shoe industry to produce low-heeled business shoes, according to hooks?
(a) Some women decided not to wear heeled shoes.
(b) Studies showed they were detrimental to a woman's ability to work.
(c) Studies showed they were detrimental to health.
(d) Businesses banned them.
9. How does misinformation spread, in hooks' point of view?
(b) Mass media.
10. When the cosmetic industry worried feminism would ruin business, how did mass media portray feminists?
(a) As masculine and ugly.
(b) As mean and rude.
(c) As intelligent and educated.
(d) As stupid and naive.
11. Who should information about feminism be available to, according to hooks?
(c) Young people.
12. What is the second factor that hooks alleges will diminish the necessity for abortions?
(a) Meaningful sex education.
(b) Women having less sex.
(c) Classes about contraception at community colleges.
(d) Free contraception.
13. Betty Friedan's book focused on which type of woman?
(a) Business women.
14. Hooks claims that when consciousness-raising groups re-emerge, who must be included?
15. What is defined as gaining power by the exploitation of others?
(a) Power feminism.
(b) True feminism.
(c) Reformist feminism.
(d) Intolerable feminism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of woman does hooks describe as having the options of both contraceptives and abortions?
2. Who, according to hooks, ended up slowing progress because they did not deal with their own internalized sexism?
3. How did the basic tenets of feminism emerge, as told from hooks' perspective?
4. In which decade did many women begin to choose not to wear bras and girdles?
5. What was the most sought after reproductive safegaurd in the sexual revolution?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)