|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Visionary Feminism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the text, who runs mass media?
(a) Black men.
(b) Asian men.
(c) White men.
(d) Jewish men.
2. According to hooks, what led many women to think they could establish the feminist agenda for women all over the world?
3. Hooks makes it clear that a "woman-identified woman" was not synonymous with which of the following?
(c) White woman.
4. Which group, according to hooks, has demonized feminism the most?
(a) Religious groups.
(b) Left-wing liberals.
(c) Right-wing fundamentalists.
5. Freer-thinking younger generation black women in which decades felt free to confront white feminists about racism from hooks' perspective?
(a) 1970s and 1980s.
(b) 1950s and 1960s.
(c) 1990s and 2000s.
(d) 1980s and 1990s.
Short Answer Questions
1. What system allows dominance to survive, according to hooks?
2. What term refers to abstaining from sex?
3. Which university did hooks attend?
4. When some feminists within the movement sought to make the movement anti-male, what did hooks claim they deflected?
5. What type of impact does hooks see visionary lesbians as having on the feminist movement?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)