|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Visionary Feminism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did some feminists react to younger black women deflecting attention from sexism to racism, according to hooks?
(a) The black women were considered heroes.
(b) The black women were applauded but their ideas were ignored.
(c) The black women were ignored.
(d) The black women were called traitors.
2. In what decade were women's studies on a solid course toward acceptance?
3. Who does hooks claim will feel more entitled to maintain control by any means?
(a) Those who want power.
(b) Those who can never have power.
(c) Those in power.
(d) Those with no power.
4. When did hooks learn about feminist politics?
(a) Before she attended elementary school.
(b) When she started writing books.
(c) Before she took feminist classes.
(d) After she graduated from college.
5. Feminism teaches that the only relationships between men and women that can survive are those in which both support which of the following?
(a) Traditional roles.
(c) Radical roles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks claimed that she was how old when she began confronting the issue of racism and demanding change?
2. In the 1970s, which movement was most powerful in hooks' opinion?
3. Hooks claims that when consciousness-raising groups re-emerge, who must be included?
4. Which type of feminist did hooks consider to be most distrusting?
5. What is the second factor that hooks alleges will diminish the necessity for abortions?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)