|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Visionary Feminism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of feminism requires that each woman examine her own life to understand her position within the framework of the patriarchal society?
(a) Radical visionary feminism.
(b) Spiritual feminism.
(c) Masculine feminism.
(d) Skeptical feminism.
2. According to the text, who runs mass media?
(a) Black men.
(b) Asian men.
(c) Jewish men.
(d) White men.
3. Who, according to hooks, ended up slowing progress because they did not deal with their own internalized sexism?
(a) Black women.
(b) White women.
(c) Working-class women.
(d) High-profile women.
4. Who does hooks claim will feel more entitled to maintain control by any means?
(a) Those who want power.
(b) Those in power.
(c) Those with no power.
(d) Those who can never have power.
5. What kind of religions did many feminists look to in the early days of the movement?
(b) Asian religions.
(c) Eastern religions.
(d) Western religions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freer-thinking younger generation black women in which decades felt free to confront white feminists about racism from hooks' perspective?
2. Which of the following is most commonplace to hooks?
3. Many feared that radical feminists wanted men to become which of the following?
4. What is the second factor that hooks alleges will diminish the necessity for abortions?
5. Hooks used this term to describe the feminist view of men that is not threatening.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)