|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Visionary Feminism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the 1970s, which movement was most powerful in hooks' opinion?
(a) Equality in the workplace.
(b) Fighting oppression in the media.
(c) Reproductive rights.
(d) Sexual freedom.
2. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
(a) Universities and colleges.
(c) Mainstream media.
3. In which decade did hooks see the feminist political movement diminish after the sexual revolution?
4. Who is most prominent to hooks as paving the way for reconsideration of racist issues for society?
(a) Black men.
(b) Hispanic women.
(c) White leaders.
(d) Black activists.
5. Who does hooks seem to blame most for sweeping the issue of race under the rug?
(a) White men.
(b) Black men.
(c) Black women.
(d) White women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the word misogyny relate to?
2. Hooks claims that which group is trying to remove women's studies courses?
3. Hooks describes women as being veiled in which countries?
4. Hooks claimed that women wanted to be seen most favorably by who?
5. According to hooks, who should have access to safe and affordable abortions?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)