|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Visionary Feminism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks claims that sexism could only be eliminated when men realized which of the following?
(a) They do not have to love all women.
(b) They do not have to be masculine.
(c) They do not have to hate women.
(d) They do not have to be dominant over anyone.
2. Feminist liberation can only be a reality with societal shifts in what field, according to hooks?
(a) Educational elitism.
(b) Class elitism.
(c) Career elitism.
(d) Racial elitism.
3. How does hooks' "sisterhood" occur?
(a) Women must stop dominating each other.
(b) Women must stop loving men.
(c) Women must stop participating in societal patriarchy.
(d) Women must start loving each other.
4. Hooks proposes that men and women should be given state aid for how long while they pursue a career?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 years.
(c) Less than a year.
(d) While they are in college.
5. Hooks claimed that the women who tried to establish the feminist agenda for women in third-world countries were comparable to who?
(a) Racist men.
(b) Unprivileged men.
(c) Racist women.
(d) Classist men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks claims that which of the following would diminish the necessity for abortions?
2. According to hooks, what led many women to think they could establish the feminist agenda for women all over the world?
3. Hooks reports that which group was most displaced by high-profile women being put in the spotlight of the feminist movement?
4. According to hooks, who began engaging in sadomasochistic behavior, driving heterosexual women to turn to patriarchal models of sexual freedom?
5. What was the second type of new policy that hooks' claims as creating a new underclass of women and children who suffered as a result of patriarchy?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)