|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Visionary Feminism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the text, who runs mass media?
(a) White men.
(b) Black men.
(c) Asian men.
(d) Jewish men.
2. What kind of religions did many feminists look to in the early days of the movement?
(b) Eastern religions.
(c) Asian religions.
(d) Western religions.
3. What did women come face to face with most with the onset of the sexual revolution?
(a) Unwanted pregnancy.
(b) Sexual assault.
(c) Sexually transmitted diseases.
(d) Freedom from oppression.
4. What reason does hooks give for why some women adopted feminist jargon without understanding it?
(a) To further their careers.
(b) To show intolerance of feminism.
(c) To support and advocate feminism.
(d) To fit in with their friends.
5. Hooks proposed that more work needs to be done with the relationships between what kinds of women?
(a) Young white and young black girls.
(b) White and black women in the workplace.
(c) Elderly white and elderly black women.
(d) White women in leadership and black women in leadership.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to hooks, which forms of violence must be fought against?
2. Which type of woman does hooks describe as having the options of both contraceptives and abortions?
3. Where were the earliest feminist meetings held?
4. What message does hooks attribute some feminists as being reluctant to send?
5. According to hooks, early activists were remiss for not stressing which of the following?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)