|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Visionary Feminism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the book Betty Friedan wrote?
(a) The Feminine Mystique.
(b) Becoming a Feminist.
(c) Feminists and Women.
(d) The Feminist Manifesto.
2. In what type of society is every voice heard, according to hooks?
(a) Neutral society.
(b) Revolutionary society.
(c) Patriarchal society.
(d) Feminist society.
3. Hooks reports that which group was most displaced by high-profile women being put in the spotlight of the feminist movement?
(a) Feminist reformists.
(c) Working-class women.
(d) Feminist revolutionaries.
4. Freer-thinking younger generation black women in which decades felt free to confront white feminists about racism from hooks' perspective?
(a) 1990s and 2000s.
(b) 1950s and 1960s.
(c) 1980s and 1990s.
(d) 1970s and 1980s.
5. How did some feminists react to younger black women deflecting attention from sexism to racism, according to hooks?
(a) The black women were called traitors.
(b) The black women were considered heroes.
(c) The black women were ignored.
(d) The black women were applauded but their ideas were ignored.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a consequence hooks describes as resulting from the fashion industry?
2. According to hooks, who lost their jobs in the 1970s?
3. From hooks' point of view, why did many conservative presses consistently present feminists as "man haters"?
4. In the 1970s, which movement was most powerful in hooks' opinion?
5. Who does hooks seem to blame most for sweeping the issue of race under the rug?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)