|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Visionary Feminism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When some feminists within the movement sought to make the movement anti-male, what did hooks claim they deflected?
(a) White responsibility.
(b) Female responsibility.
(c) Black responsibility.
(d) Male responsibility.
2. What is the second factor that hooks alleges will diminish the necessity for abortions?
(a) Meaningful sex education.
(b) Classes about contraception at community colleges.
(c) Free contraception.
(d) Women having less sex.
3. How does hooks' "sisterhood" occur?
(a) Women must stop loving men.
(b) Women must stop participating in societal patriarchy.
(c) Women must start loving each other.
(d) Women must stop dominating each other.
4. In which classes at her university did hooks feel the most support?
(d) Women's studies.
5. Without addressing the issue of racism in the minds of white feminist leaders, why would feminism be doomed in hooks' perspective?
(a) There would be no possibility for sisterhood.
(b) There would be no possibility to break down the bonds of patriarchy.
(c) There would be no possibility of feminism continuing on.
(d) There would be no possibility for liberation.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to hooks, how many cents out of each dollar that men earned did women earn?
2. Which of the following is the definition given for domestic violence?
3. Which group, according to hooks, has demonized feminism the most?
4. Hooks claimed that women wanted to be seen most favorably by who?
5. Great concern exists among feminists for the plight of women in which countries?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)