|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Masculinity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to hooks, how many cents out of each dollar that men earned did women earn?
(a) 23 cents.
(b) 90 cents.
(c) 50 cents.
(d) 73 cents.
2. Where were the earliest feminist meetings held?
(a) In town halls.
(b) In the homes of activists.
(c) In government buildings.
(d) In classrooms.
3. When feminism first began, hooks explains that which of the following was the second group feminism was split between?
(a) Modernist thinkers.
(b) Cubist thinkers.
(c) Revolutionary thinkers.
(d) Artistic thinkers.
4. According to hooks, which type of activists were among the first to put a voice to inequities in an understandable language?
(a) Male activists.
(b) Lesbian activists.
(c) Activists who were mothers.
(d) Teenage activists.
5. Who were hooks' alleged stars of the feminist movement early on?
(b) Black women.
(c) White men.
(d) White women.
Short Answer Questions
1. When some feminists within the movement sought to make the movement anti-male, what did hooks claim they deflected?
2. Who does hooks seem to blame most for sweeping the issue of race under the rug?
3. Which group seems to be writing the most articles in magazines geared toward women, as witnessed by hooks?
4. What forced the shoe industry to produce low-heeled business shoes, according to hooks?
5. Hooks explains that which of the following is the second goal of feminism?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)