|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Masculinity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to hooks, working women received mixed messages from who?
(a) Revolutionist thinkers.
(b) Reformist thinkers.
2. Great concern exists among feminists for the plight of women in which countries?
(a) Middle eastern countries.
(b) Asian countries.
(c) South American countries.
(d) Third-world countries.
3. According to hooks, what liberates women?
(a) Economic self-sufficiency.
(b) Having reproductive rights.
(d) Men's ideals.
4. When did hooks learn about feminist politics?
(a) When she started writing books.
(b) Before she attended elementary school.
(c) After she graduated from college.
(d) Before she took feminist classes.
5. Hooks explains that which of the following is the second goal of feminism?
(a) To end sexist exploitation.
(b) To end exploitation of men.
(c) To end exploitation of children.
(d) To end exploitation of students.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the 1970s, which movement was most powerful in hooks' opinion?
2. What type of man does hooks describe as feeling unimportant and out of control?
3. In which decade did many women begin to choose not to wear bras and girdles?
4. What type of imperialism did hooks describe many feminist leaders as subscribing to?
5. What is associated with the sexual revolution?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)