|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Masculinity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did hooks see as the basis that would ultimately undermine sexism and overthrow patriarchy?
(a) Upper class women.
(c) The bonding of the working-class women.
2. According to hooks, who knew the plight of the black woman better than anybody?
(a) Activists during the civil war.
(b) White women who faced sexism at work.
(c) Activists in the civil rights movement.
(d) Activists during the 1980s.
3. Who does hooks specifically say should be paid more?
(a) Stay at home mothers.
(d) Business women.
4. According to many reformist thinkers, what made a woman liberated?
(a) If they had a job.
(b) If they had children.
(c) If they had their own money.
(d) If they were happy.
5. Hooks claims that sexism could only be eliminated when men realized which of the following?
(a) They do not have to hate women.
(b) They do not have to love all women.
(c) They do not have to be masculine.
(d) They do not have to be dominant over anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to hooks, who are still socially isolated from each other?
2. Which group of women struggled most as a result of lower wages, according to hooks?
3. Hooks describes the conservative solution for the hard life of working women as what?
4. Feminist liberation can only be a reality with societal shifts in what field, according to hooks?
5. Who should information about feminism be available to, according to hooks?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)