|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Masculinity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The advent of no-fault divorces tended to favor who, according to hooks?
(a) The government.
2. Hooks describes women as being veiled in which countries?
(a) Mid-eastern and African countries.
(b) South American countries.
(d) Asian countries.
3. According to hooks, who should have access to safe and affordable abortions?
(a) Privileged women.
(b) All women.
(c) Young women.
(d) Black women.
4. Which type of woman does hooks describe as having the options of both contraceptives and abortions?
(a) Black women.
(b) Privileged women.
(c) White women.
(d) Poor women.
5. According to hooks, what did privileged-class white women expect lower classes and blacks to be in the feminist movement?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did some members of the media do to feed into the nation's homophobia?
2. When the cosmetic industry worried feminism would ruin business, how did mass media portray feminists?
3. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
4. In what decade were women's studies on a solid course toward acceptance?
5. Which university did hooks attend?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)