|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Masculinity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the earliest feminist meetings held?
(a) In the homes of activists.
(b) In government buildings.
(c) In town halls.
(d) In classrooms.
2. What decade did the book Ain't I a Woman address?
3. When feminism first began, hooks explains that which of the following was the second group feminism was split between?
(a) Artistic thinkers.
(b) Revolutionary thinkers.
(c) Cubist thinkers.
(d) Modernist thinkers.
4. According to hooks, what changed the face of the feminist movement more than any other factor?
(a) The demand that feminism address race.
(b) The demand that feminism address sexism.
(c) The demand that feminism address ageism.
(d) The demand that feminism address oppression.
5. Who does hooks claim will feel more entitled to maintain control by any means?
(a) Those with no power.
(b) Those who can never have power.
(c) Those in power.
(d) Those who want power.
Short Answer Questions
1. Betty Friedan's book focused on which type of woman?
2. Hooks claims that who must fight domestic violence before it can be ended?
3. What was the most sought after reproductive safegaurd in the sexual revolution?
4. According to hooks, what did privileged-class white women expect lower classes and blacks to be in the feminist movement?
5. What does hooks describe as one of feminism's greatest foes?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)