|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Masculinity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As opportunities grew for women, what type of solidarity began to wither, from hooks' perspective?
(a) Solidarity among all ages of women.
(b) Solidarity among all classes of women.
(c) Solidarity among men and women.
(d) Solidarity among all races of women.
2. According to hooks, who did the media focus on when it came to feminist issues?
(a) High-profile women.
(b) Working-class women.
(d) Black women.
3. The third goal of feminism is which of the following, according to bell hooks?
(a) To end hatred.
(b) To end racism.
(c) To end oppression.
(d) To end intolerance.
4. According to hooks, who knew the plight of the black woman better than anybody?
(a) Activists during the 1980s.
(b) Activists during the civil war.
(c) White women who faced sexism at work.
(d) Activists in the civil rights movement.
5. Who does hooks claim will feel more entitled to maintain control by any means?
(a) Those in power.
(b) Those who want power.
(c) Those who can never have power.
(d) Those with no power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the second type of new policy that hooks' claims as creating a new underclass of women and children who suffered as a result of patriarchy?
2. The feminist movement urged universities to rediscover what related to women and include it in their curriculum?
3. By the 1990s, hooks claims that half the women in America were which of the following?
4. What was the most sought after reproductive safegaurd in the sexual revolution?
5. According to hooks, what led many women to think they could establish the feminist agenda for women all over the world?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)