|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Masculinity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is defined as gaining power by the exploitation of others?
(a) Reformist feminism.
(b) True feminism.
(c) Intolerable feminism.
(d) Power feminism.
2. Anorexia and compulsive overeating are both described by hooks as being diseases with roots in lack of which of the following?
(c) Body weight.
3. According to hooks, working women received mixed messages from who?
(a) Revolutionist thinkers.
(b) Reformist thinkers.
4. Hooks claimed that for feminism to regain momentum, what must be available for the masses, especially the young?
(b) Career opportunities.
(c) Educational opportunities.
(d) Feminist groups and clubs.
5. What reason does hooks give for why some women adopted feminist jargon without understanding it?
(a) To fit in with their friends.
(b) To support and advocate feminism.
(c) To show intolerance of feminism.
(d) To further their careers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following began to overshadow feminist politics, according to hooks?
2. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
3. Hooks claims that powerful men were threatened by which group of people?
4. How does hooks' "sisterhood" occur?
5. What message does hooks attribute some feminists as being reluctant to send?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)