|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Masculinity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks claims that powerful men were threatened by which group of people?
(a) White women.
(b) Black women.
(c) Non-white people.
(d) Young women.
2. Where were the earliest feminist meetings held?
(a) In the homes of activists.
(b) In town halls.
(c) In government buildings.
(d) In classrooms.
3. Feminist liberation can only be a reality with societal shifts in what field, according to hooks?
(a) Class elitism.
(b) Educational elitism.
(c) Racial elitism.
(d) Career elitism.
4. What type of woman seems to fill up fashion magazine advertisements, according to hooks?
(a) Unintelligent women.
(b) Overweight women.
(c) Blonde women.
(d) Thin women.
5. Hooks saw that some white leaders were at first resistant to including the struggles of what type of women in shaping feminist thought?
(a) Black women.
(b) Teenage women.
(c) Hispanic women.
(d) Elderly women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks claims that it became clear that what was not the challenge to freedom?
2. What was the name of the professor who handed out one of hooks' poems?
3. Hooks' description of domestic violence is connected to what kind of domination?
4. How did the basic tenets of feminism emerge, as told from hooks' perspective?
5. What decade did the book Ain't I a Woman address?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)