|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Masculinity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks proposed that more work needs to be done with the relationships between what kinds of women?
(a) Elderly white and elderly black women.
(b) White women in leadership and black women in leadership.
(c) White and black women in the workplace.
(d) Young white and young black girls.
2. What decade did the book Ain't I a Woman address?
3. Which of the following is a result of fashion taking notice of women's demands in attire?
(a) Runway shows.
(b) Women's magazines.
(c) Feminist advertisements.
(d) New designers.
4. According to hooks, who undermines the feminist movement by disingenuously making claim to it?
(a) Women of class.
(b) Women younger than 30.
(c) Women of color.
(d) Women older than 50.
5. What reason does hooks give for why some women adopted feminist jargon without understanding it?
(a) To show intolerance of feminism.
(b) To further their careers.
(c) To support and advocate feminism.
(d) To fit in with their friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks claims that sexism could only be eliminated when men realized which of the following?
2. According to hooks, who knew the plight of the black woman better than anybody?
3. When feminism first began, which of the following was the first group feminism was split between, as explained by hooks?
4. How does hooks' "sisterhood" occur?
5. What is defined as gaining power by the exploitation of others?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)