|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Race and Gender.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the 1990s, hooks claims that half the women in America were which of the following?
(c) Working women.
2. Hooks said that which of the following did some women begin to understand that resulted in the focus of feminism shifting away from just the rights of privileged women?
(a) The position of the black female.
(b) The position of children.
(c) The position of black men.
(d) The position of white women.
3. According to hooks, who should have access to safe and affordable abortions?
(a) Privileged women.
(b) Black women.
(c) Young women.
(d) All women.
4. What did hooks see as the basis that would ultimately undermine sexism and overthrow patriarchy?
(a) The bonding of the working-class women.
(d) Upper class women.
5. The advent of no-fault divorces tended to favor who, according to hooks?
(b) The government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which field did hooks claim the reformist movement focused on?
2. Without addressing the issue of racism in the minds of white feminist leaders, why would feminism be doomed in hooks' perspective?
3. When did hooks learn about feminist politics?
4. According to hooks, women's acceptance of their bodies has allowed them to accept what process?
5. As a result of which group's presence, according to hooks, is male domination expected?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)