|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Race and Gender.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what type of society is every voice heard, according to hooks?
(a) Neutral society.
(b) Patriarchal society.
(c) Feminist society.
(d) Revolutionary society.
2. Hooks claims that which of the following would diminish the necessity for abortions?
(a) Abstinence education.
(b) Religious groups.
(c) Access to contraceptives.
(d) Education about domestic abuse.
3. According to hooks, who knew the plight of the black woman better than anybody?
(a) Activists during the 1980s.
(b) White women who faced sexism at work.
(c) Activists during the civil war.
(d) Activists in the civil rights movement.
4. Hooks claimed that the women who tried to establish the feminist agenda for women in third-world countries were comparable to who?
(a) Racist men.
(b) Racist women.
(c) Classist men.
(d) Unprivileged men.
5. What forced the shoe industry to produce low-heeled business shoes, according to hooks?
(a) Studies showed they were detrimental to a woman's ability to work.
(b) Businesses banned them.
(c) Some women decided not to wear heeled shoes.
(d) Studies showed they were detrimental to health.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of feminist did hooks consider to be most distrusting?
2. What was the name of the book Betty Friedan wrote?
3. What types of abortions have anti-abortion movement groups targeted most?
4. As opportunities grew for women, what type of solidarity began to wither, from hooks' perspective?
5. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)