|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Race and Gender.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is defined as gaining power by the exploitation of others?
(a) Reformist feminism.
(b) Power feminism.
(c) True feminism.
(d) Intolerable feminism.
2. Hooks saw that some white leaders were at first resistant to including the struggles of what type of women in shaping feminist thought?
(a) Teenage women.
(b) Black women.
(c) Elderly women.
(d) Hispanic women.
3. What was the name of the professor who handed out one of hooks' poems?
(a) Abigail Adams.
(b) Tillie Olsen.
(c) An anonymous woman.
(d) Diane Middlebrook.
4. By the 1990s, hooks claims that half the women in America were which of the following?
(c) Working women.
5. According to hooks, who are still socially isolated from each other?
(a) White women and all other women.
(b) Black women and white women.
(c) Hispanic women and white women.
(d) Black women and all other women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks claims that which of the following would diminish the necessity for abortions?
2. Hooks claims that focusing on what type of rights is necessary to protect the freedom of women?
3. Who is most prominent to hooks as paving the way for reconsideration of racist issues for society?
4. In the scenario that hooks presents, what did the young girl notice about the women who appeared on TV or in magazines?
5. In what type of society is every voice heard, according to hooks?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)