|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Race and Gender.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to hooks, where do sex clubs exist that feminists should be concerned with?
(a) Far East.
(b) Middle East.
2. For centuries, what were women taught that their worth was, according to hooks?
(a) Their intelligence.
(b) Their appearance.
(c) Their money.
(d) Their skills.
3. According to hooks, what changed the face of the feminist movement more than any other factor?
(a) The demand that feminism address sexism.
(b) The demand that feminism address oppression.
(c) The demand that feminism address ageism.
(d) The demand that feminism address race.
4. Who is most prominent to hooks as paving the way for reconsideration of racist issues for society?
(a) Hispanic women.
(b) White leaders.
(c) Black activists.
(d) Black men.
5. How did the basic tenets of feminism emerge, as told from hooks' perspective?
(a) Through discrimination and intolerance.
(b) Through debates and disagreements.
(c) Through reformist and revolutionary thinking.
(d) Through faithfulness to the cause.
Short Answer Questions
1. As opportunities grew for women, what type of solidarity began to wither, from hooks' perspective?
2. In what type of society is every voice heard, according to hooks?
3. In the 1970s, which movement was most powerful in hooks' opinion?
4. As a result of which group's presence, according to hooks, is male domination expected?
5. Great concern exists among feminists for the plight of women in which countries?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)