|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Race and Gender.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
(b) Universities and colleges.
(d) Mainstream media.
2. According to hooks, who should have access to safe and affordable abortions?
(a) Young women.
(b) Black women.
(c) All women.
(d) Privileged women.
3. Hooks claims that when consciousness-raising groups re-emerge, who must be included?
4. What forced the shoe industry to produce low-heeled business shoes, according to hooks?
(a) Some women decided not to wear heeled shoes.
(b) Businesses banned them.
(c) Studies showed they were detrimental to health.
(d) Studies showed they were detrimental to a woman's ability to work.
5. Hooks reports that which group was most displaced by high-profile women being put in the spotlight of the feminist movement?
(a) Feminist revolutionaries.
(b) Working-class women.
(d) Feminist reformists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does hooks seem to blame most for sweeping the issue of race under the rug?
2. What type of women were typically reformist thinkers, in hooks' opinion?
3. According to hooks, what changed the face of the feminist movement more than any other factor?
4. Which field did hooks claim the reformist movement focused on?
5. According to hooks, working women received mixed messages from who?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)