|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Race and Gender.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks claimed that for feminism to regain momentum, what must be available for the masses, especially the young?
(b) Career opportunities.
(c) Feminist groups and clubs.
(d) Educational opportunities.
2. Which of the following is a consequence hooks describes as resulting from the fashion industry?
(a) Immoral women.
(b) Ruining self-esteem.
(c) Poor economy.
(d) Causing depression.
3. Which of the following began to overshadow feminist politics, according to hooks?
4. Hooks describes that what was the first type of new policy that created a new underclass of women and children who suffered as a result of patriarchy?
(a) Liberal reproductive laws.
(b) Conservative reproductive laws.
(c) Liberal immigration policies.
(d) Conservative immigration policies.
5. How did some feminists react to younger black women deflecting attention from sexism to racism, according to hooks?
(a) The black women were applauded but their ideas were ignored.
(b) The black women were considered heroes.
(c) The black women were ignored.
(d) The black women were called traitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks claims that which group is trying to remove women's studies courses?
2. According to hooks, who needed to cede their self-appointed ownership of feminism?
3. What does hooks propose the public does to avoid passing on misinformation about feminism?
4. Hooks said that which of the following did some women begin to understand that resulted in the focus of feminism shifting away from just the rights of privileged women?
5. In which decade did hooks see the feminist political movement diminish after the sexual revolution?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)