|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Race and Gender.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
(b) Mainstream media.
(c) Universities and colleges.
2. Hooks explains that which of the following is the second goal of feminism?
(a) To end sexist exploitation.
(b) To end exploitation of children.
(c) To end exploitation of students.
(d) To end exploitation of men.
3. The advent of no-fault divorces tended to favor who, according to hooks?
(d) The government.
4. Without addressing the issue of racism in the minds of white feminist leaders, why would feminism be doomed in hooks' perspective?
(a) There would be no possibility for sisterhood.
(b) There would be no possibility to break down the bonds of patriarchy.
(c) There would be no possibility of feminism continuing on.
(d) There would be no possibility for liberation.
5. What did women come face to face with most with the onset of the sexual revolution?
(a) Sexual assault.
(b) Unwanted pregnancy.
(c) Sexually transmitted diseases.
(d) Freedom from oppression.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of which group's presence, according to hooks, is male domination expected?
2. What did hooks see as the basis that would ultimately undermine sexism and overthrow patriarchy?
3. What decade did the book Ain't I a Woman address?
4. What does hooks describe as one of feminism's greatest foes?
5. Who, according to hooks, ended up slowing progress because they did not deal with their own internalized sexism?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)