|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Race and Gender.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks saw that some white leaders were at first resistant to including the struggles of what type of women in shaping feminist thought?
(a) Black women.
(b) Teenage women.
(c) Hispanic women.
(d) Elderly women.
2. Hooks describes that what was the first type of new policy that created a new underclass of women and children who suffered as a result of patriarchy?
(a) Conservative reproductive laws.
(b) Liberal immigration policies.
(c) Liberal reproductive laws.
(d) Conservative immigration policies.
3. As opportunities grew for women, what type of solidarity began to wither, from hooks' perspective?
(a) Solidarity among all races of women.
(b) Solidarity among all ages of women.
(c) Solidarity among men and women.
(d) Solidarity among all classes of women.
4. Which field did hooks claim the reformist movement focused on?
(d) Law enforcement.
5. Hooks describes which decade as having a resurgence of obsession with appearance?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which university did hooks attend?
2. According to hooks, who did the media focus on when it came to feminist issues?
3. According to hooks, working women received mixed messages from who?
4. When feminism first began, hooks explains that which of the following was the second group feminism was split between?
5. Hooks claimed that the women who tried to establish the feminist agenda for women in third-world countries were comparable to who?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)