|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Race and Gender.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks believes that young women growing up at the time the book was written will feel that what issue is no longer a problem?
(b) Sexual harassment.
2. Hooks saw that some white leaders were at first resistant to including the struggles of what type of women in shaping feminist thought?
(a) Black women.
(b) Hispanic women.
(c) Teenage women.
(d) Elderly women.
3. Without addressing the issue of racism in the minds of white feminist leaders, why would feminism be doomed in hooks' perspective?
(a) There would be no possibility of feminism continuing on.
(b) There would be no possibility to break down the bonds of patriarchy.
(c) There would be no possibility for sisterhood.
(d) There would be no possibility for liberation.
4. According to hooks, which type of activists were among the first to put a voice to inequities in an understandable language?
(a) Male activists.
(b) Lesbian activists.
(c) Teenage activists.
(d) Activists who were mothers.
5. What did hooks see as the basis that would ultimately undermine sexism and overthrow patriarchy?
(b) Upper class women.
(c) The bonding of the working-class women.
Short Answer Questions
1. When feminism first began, hooks explains that which of the following was the second group feminism was split between?
2. Which of the following is a result of fashion taking notice of women's demands in attire?
3. Betty Friedan's book focused on which type of woman?
4. According to many reformist thinkers, what made a woman liberated?
5. According to hooks, who undermines the feminist movement by disingenuously making claim to it?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)