|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Race and Gender.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The advent of no-fault divorces tended to favor who, according to hooks?
(b) The government.
2. As opportunities grew for women, what type of solidarity began to wither, from hooks' perspective?
(a) Solidarity among all races of women.
(b) Solidarity among men and women.
(c) Solidarity among all classes of women.
(d) Solidarity among all ages of women.
3. Hooks claims that feminist leaders must connect issues in other countries to issues where?
(a) Third-world countries.
(c) Asian countries.
(d) Their own societies.
4. In the 1970s, which movement was most powerful in hooks' opinion?
(a) Fighting oppression in the media.
(b) Sexual freedom.
(c) Equality in the workplace.
(d) Reproductive rights.
5. Hooks claims that which of the following would diminish the necessity for abortions?
(a) Access to contraceptives.
(b) Abstinence education.
(c) Education about domestic abuse.
(d) Religious groups.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of women were typically reformist thinkers, in hooks' opinion?
2. How did some feminists react to younger black women deflecting attention from sexism to racism, according to hooks?
3. What types of abortions have anti-abortion movement groups targeted most?
4. When was Ain't I a Woman published?
5. In what type of society is every voice heard, according to hooks?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)