|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Race and Gender.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks believes that young women growing up at the time the book was written will feel that what issue is no longer a problem?
(a) Sexual harassment.
2. Hooks claims that feminist leaders must connect issues in other countries to issues where?
(b) Third-world countries.
(c) Asian countries.
(d) Their own societies.
3. According to many reformist thinkers, what made a woman liberated?
(a) If they had their own money.
(b) If they had children.
(c) If they were happy.
(d) If they had a job.
4. Where were the earliest feminist meetings held?
(a) In government buildings.
(b) In town halls.
(c) In the homes of activists.
(d) In classrooms.
5. Which of the following is most commonplace to hooks?
(a) Manic depression.
(c) Bipolar disorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the basic tenets of feminism emerge, as told from hooks' perspective?
2. Hooks said that which of the following did some women begin to understand that resulted in the focus of feminism shifting away from just the rights of privileged women?
3. What decade did the book Ain't I a Woman address?
4. In the scenario that hooks presents, what did the young girl notice about the women who appeared on TV or in magazines?
5. What type of imperialism did hooks describe many feminist leaders as subscribing to?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)