|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Race and Gender.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freer-thinking younger generation black women in which decades felt free to confront white feminists about racism from hooks' perspective?
(a) 1970s and 1980s.
(b) 1980s and 1990s.
(c) 1950s and 1960s.
(d) 1990s and 2000s.
2. Who should information about feminism be available to, according to hooks?
(d) Young people.
3. According to hooks, what gave permission for female bonding?
(a) The business world.
(b) Powerful men.
(c) Feminist movement.
(d) Equal wages.
4. Hooks claimed that the women who tried to establish the feminist agenda for women in third-world countries were comparable to who?
(a) Classist men.
(b) Racist women.
(c) Racist men.
(d) Unprivileged men.
5. Hooks claimed that for feminism to regain momentum, what must be available for the masses, especially the young?
(a) Feminist groups and clubs.
(b) Career opportunities.
(c) Educational opportunities.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to hooks, what did privileged-class white women expect lower classes and blacks to be in the feminist movement?
2. Without addressing the issue of racism in the minds of white feminist leaders, why would feminism be doomed in hooks' perspective?
3. According to the text, who runs mass media?
4. How did some feminists react to younger black women deflecting attention from sexism to racism, according to hooks?
5. Which of the following is most commonplace to hooks?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)