|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Race and Gender.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of abortions have anti-abortion movement groups targeted most?
(a) Abortions by black women.
(b) State-funded abortions.
(c) Abortions for single women.
(d) Abortions covered by insurance companies.
2. How does misinformation spread, in hooks' point of view?
(a) Mass media.
3. Hooks claims that feminist leaders must connect issues in other countries to issues where?
(a) Their own societies.
(b) Third-world countries.
(c) Asian countries.
4. The third goal of feminism is which of the following, according to bell hooks?
(a) To end oppression.
(b) To end hatred.
(c) To end racism.
(d) To end intolerance.
5. According to hooks, which type of activists were among the first to put a voice to inequities in an understandable language?
(a) Teenage activists.
(b) Lesbian activists.
(c) Male activists.
(d) Activists who were mothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does female circumcision occur as mentioned in the text?
2. According to hooks, working women received mixed messages from who?
3. What type of woman seems to fill up fashion magazine advertisements, according to hooks?
4. When the cosmetic industry worried feminism would ruin business, how did mass media portray feminists?
5. What does the word misogyny relate to?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)