|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Race and Gender.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did women come face to face with most with the onset of the sexual revolution?
(a) Freedom from oppression.
(b) Sexually transmitted diseases.
(c) Sexual assault.
(d) Unwanted pregnancy.
2. How did the basic tenets of feminism emerge, as told from hooks' perspective?
(a) Through reformist and revolutionary thinking.
(b) Through debates and disagreements.
(c) Through discrimination and intolerance.
(d) Through faithfulness to the cause.
3. Hooks describes that what was the first type of new policy that created a new underclass of women and children who suffered as a result of patriarchy?
(a) Conservative reproductive laws.
(b) Liberal immigration policies.
(c) Liberal reproductive laws.
(d) Conservative immigration policies.
4. When was Ain't I a Woman published?
5. Hooks describes which decade as having a resurgence of obsession with appearance?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a consequence hooks describes as resulting from the fashion industry?
2. In what decade were women's studies on a solid course toward acceptance?
3. What types of abortions have anti-abortion movement groups targeted most?
4. Which of the following began to overshadow feminist politics, according to hooks?
5. Feminist liberation can only be a reality with societal shifts in what field, according to hooks?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)