|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Race and Gender.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks describes the conservative solution for the hard life of working women as what?
(a) Women working in their own offices.
(b) Women staying home.
(c) Women working in business settings.
(d) Women working in positions that require high education.
2. Hooks believes that young women growing up at the time the book was written will feel that what issue is no longer a problem?
(c) Sexual harassment.
3. What was the name of the book Betty Friedan wrote?
(a) The Feminine Mystique.
(b) The Feminist Manifesto.
(c) Feminists and Women.
(d) Becoming a Feminist.
4. Hooks claimed that for feminism to regain momentum, what must be available for the masses, especially the young?
(a) Educational opportunities.
(b) Feminist groups and clubs.
(d) Career opportunities.
5. Which type of feminists were dismayed to learn their leaders were committed to imperialism, according to hooks?
(a) Radical feminists.
(b) Conservative feminists.
(c) Revolutionary feminists.
(d) Reformist feminists.
Short Answer Questions
1. For centuries, what were women taught that their worth was, according to hooks?
2. According to hooks, what liberates women?
3. How does misinformation spread, in hooks' point of view?
4. Hooks reports that which group was most displaced by high-profile women being put in the spotlight of the feminist movement?
5. According to hooks, who needed to cede their self-appointed ownership of feminism?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)