|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Race and Gender.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Betty Friedan's book focused on which type of woman?
(b) Business women.
2. In which decade did hooks see the feminist political movement diminish after the sexual revolution?
3. What does hooks propose the public does to avoid passing on misinformation about feminism?
(a) Change school curriculum.
(b) Separate boys and girls in classrooms.
(c) Hire more strong female teachers.
(d) Hold feminist group meetings on school campus.
4. What was the name of the professor who handed out one of hooks' poems?
(a) Tillie Olsen.
(b) Abigail Adams.
(c) An anonymous woman.
(d) Diane Middlebrook.
5. Who does hooks seem to blame most for sweeping the issue of race under the rug?
(a) White women.
(b) Black women.
(c) White men.
(d) Black men.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the scenario that hooks presents, what did the young girl notice about the women who appeared on TV or in magazines?
2. According to the text, who runs mass media?
3. Who do women need to stop mimicking, according to hooks?
4. How does misinformation spread, in hooks' point of view?
5. How did some feminists react to younger black women deflecting attention from sexism to racism, according to hooks?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)