|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Race and Gender.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did hooks learn about feminist politics?
(a) Before she took feminist classes.
(b) When she started writing books.
(c) After she graduated from college.
(d) Before she attended elementary school.
2. What does hooks describe as one of feminism's greatest foes?
(b) The "enemy within."
3. Who does hooks seem to blame most for sweeping the issue of race under the rug?
(a) Black women.
(b) Black men.
(c) White men.
(d) White women.
4. Which group seems to be writing the most articles in magazines geared toward women, as witnessed by hooks?
(a) Poor women.
(c) Privileged women.
5. Hooks describes which decade as having a resurgence of obsession with appearance?
Short Answer Questions
1. Without addressing the issue of racism in the minds of white feminist leaders, why would feminism be doomed in hooks' perspective?
2. Hooks claimed that women wanted to be seen most favorably by who?
3. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
4. According to hooks, what changed the face of the feminist movement more than any other factor?
5. Great concern exists among feminists for the plight of women in which countries?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)