|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Race and Gender.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which classes at her university did hooks feel the most support?
(c) Women's studies.
2. Which university did hooks attend?
3. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
(b) Universities and colleges.
(d) Mainstream media.
4. Who does hooks seem to blame most for sweeping the issue of race under the rug?
(a) Black men.
(b) White men.
(c) Black women.
(d) White women.
5. According to hooks, who did the media focus on when it came to feminist issues?
(a) Working-class women.
(b) Black women.
(c) High-profile women.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the text, who runs mass media?
2. In which decade did hooks see the feminist political movement diminish after the sexual revolution?
3. How does hooks' "sisterhood" occur?
4. What did women come face to face with most with the onset of the sexual revolution?
5. According to hooks, who needed to cede their self-appointed ownership of feminism?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)