|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Race and Gender.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the most sought after reproductive safegaurd in the sexual revolution?
(a) Birth control pills.
2. Anorexia and compulsive overeating are both described by hooks as being diseases with roots in lack of which of the following?
(c) Body weight.
3. Which of the following is a result of fashion taking notice of women's demands in attire?
(a) Feminist advertisements.
(b) Runway shows.
(c) Women's magazines.
(d) New designers.
4. Hooks claimed that many women stay in bad relationships for what reason?
(a) They were in love.
(b) They were unaware of divorce.
(c) They wanted to prove to their parents they could make a relationship work.
(d) They couldn't afford to live on their own.
5. Which group seems to be writing the most articles in magazines geared toward women, as witnessed by hooks?
(a) Poor women.
(c) Privileged women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does hooks propose the public does to avoid passing on misinformation about feminism?
2. Who is most prominent to hooks as paving the way for reconsideration of racist issues for society?
3. Which group of women struggled most as a result of lower wages, according to hooks?
4. According to hooks, which type of activists were among the first to put a voice to inequities in an understandable language?
5. For centuries, what were women taught that their worth was, according to hooks?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)