|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Race and Gender.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Betty Friedan's book focused on which type of woman?
(a) Business women.
2. Hooks claimed that for feminism to regain momentum, what must be available for the masses, especially the young?
(a) Career opportunities.
(c) Educational opportunities.
(d) Feminist groups and clubs.
3. What do some women blame for forcing them into the workforce, according to Hooks?
(a) The economy.
4. In what type of society is every voice heard, according to hooks?
(a) Revolutionary society.
(b) Patriarchal society.
(c) Feminist society.
(d) Neutral society.
5. According to hooks, what gave permission for female bonding?
(a) The business world.
(b) Feminist movement.
(c) Equal wages.
(d) Powerful men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of woman seems to fill up fashion magazine advertisements, according to hooks?
2. According to hooks, who is feminism not targeting?
3. What was the second type of new policy that hooks' claims as creating a new underclass of women and children who suffered as a result of patriarchy?
4. How does hooks' "sisterhood" occur?
5. According to hooks, who needed to cede their self-appointed ownership of feminism?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)