|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Race and Gender.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Great concern exists among feminists for the plight of women in which countries?
(a) South American countries.
(b) Third-world countries.
(c) Middle eastern countries.
(d) Asian countries.
2. What did hooks see as the basis that would ultimately undermine sexism and overthrow patriarchy?
(b) Upper class women.
(d) The bonding of the working-class women.
3. How does misinformation spread, in hooks' point of view?
(c) Mass media.
4. According to the text, who runs mass media?
(a) White men.
(b) Jewish men.
(c) Black men.
(d) Asian men.
5. The feminist movement urged universities to rediscover what related to women and include it in their curriculum?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is most prominent to hooks as paving the way for reconsideration of racist issues for society?
2. What was the name of the professor who handed out one of hooks' poems?
3. Who should information about feminism be available to, according to hooks?
4. According to hooks, what changed the face of the feminist movement more than any other factor?
5. Hooks claimed that for feminism to regain momentum, what must be available for the masses, especially the young?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)