|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Race and Gender.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks describes which decade as having a resurgence of obsession with appearance?
2. The third goal of feminism is which of the following, according to bell hooks?
(a) To end oppression.
(b) To end racism.
(c) To end hatred.
(d) To end intolerance.
3. Hooks believes that young women growing up at the time the book was written will feel that what issue is no longer a problem?
(c) Sexual harassment.
4. What does hooks describe as one of feminism's greatest foes?
(b) The "enemy within."
5. Which type of woman does hooks describe as having the options of both contraceptives and abortions?
(a) White women.
(b) Poor women.
(c) Black women.
(d) Privileged women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
2. According to hooks, what liberates women?
3. According to hooks, working women received mixed messages from who?
4. What was the second type of new policy that hooks' claims as creating a new underclass of women and children who suffered as a result of patriarchy?
5. In which decade did many women begin to choose not to wear bras and girdles?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)