|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Class Structure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks describes that what was the first type of new policy that created a new underclass of women and children who suffered as a result of patriarchy?
(a) Conservative immigration policies.
(b) Liberal immigration policies.
(c) Liberal reproductive laws.
(d) Conservative reproductive laws.
2. When the cosmetic industry worried feminism would ruin business, how did mass media portray feminists?
(a) As intelligent and educated.
(b) As stupid and naive.
(c) As masculine and ugly.
(d) As mean and rude.
3. What forced the shoe industry to produce low-heeled business shoes, according to hooks?
(a) Businesses banned them.
(b) Some women decided not to wear heeled shoes.
(c) Studies showed they were detrimental to a woman's ability to work.
(d) Studies showed they were detrimental to health.
4. According to hooks, women's acceptance of their bodies has allowed them to accept what process?
5. How does misinformation spread, in hooks' point of view?
(a) Mass media.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks claims that powerful men were threatened by which group of people?
2. What does hooks propose the public does to avoid passing on misinformation about feminism?
3. Hooks claims that focusing on what type of rights is necessary to protect the freedom of women?
4. According to hooks, who undermines the feminist movement by disingenuously making claim to it?
5. Hooks claimed that what needs a restart?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)