|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Class Structure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks states that the first goal of feminism is which of the following?
(a) To end oppression of children.
(b) To begin wage wars.
(c) To end sexism.
(d) To end racism.
2. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
(a) Mainstream media.
(d) Universities and colleges.
3. What was the name of the book Betty Friedan wrote?
(a) The Feminine Mystique.
(b) Becoming a Feminist.
(c) The Feminist Manifesto.
(d) Feminists and Women.
4. What does hooks describe as one of feminism's greatest foes?
(d) The "enemy within."
5. Hooks claims that focusing on what type of rights is necessary to protect the freedom of women?
(a) Reproductive rights.
(b) Sexual rights.
(c) Educational rights.
(d) Career rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does hooks' "sisterhood" occur?
2. According to hooks, who did the media focus on when it came to feminist issues?
3. When the cosmetic industry worried feminism would ruin business, how did mass media portray feminists?
4. Anorexia and compulsive overeating are both described by hooks as being diseases with roots in lack of which of the following?
5. Who were hooks' alleged stars of the feminist movement early on?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)