|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beauty Within and Without.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to hooks, who lost their jobs in the 1970s?
(b) Factory workers.
(c) College professors.
2. Which group seems to be writing the most articles in magazines geared toward women, as witnessed by hooks?
(c) Poor women.
(d) Privileged women.
3. What is defined as gaining power by the exploitation of others?
(a) Reformist feminism.
(b) Power feminism.
(c) True feminism.
(d) Intolerable feminism.
4. What type of funding does hooks suggest is a goal for the feminist movement in order to read a broad and diverse audience?
(a) Feminist publishing company.
(b) Feminist films.
(c) Feminist websites.
(d) Feminist TV network.
5. Hooks claimed that women wanted to be seen most favorably by who?
(a) Their peers.
(b) Women who supported them.
(c) Their children.
(d) Men who controlled them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which groups took the most issue with abortion and contraception?
2. What decade did the book Ain't I a Woman address?
3. What is associated with the sexual revolution?
4. Which of the following is most commonplace to hooks?
5. For centuries, what were women taught that their worth was, according to hooks?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)