|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beauty Within and Without.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which classes at her university did hooks feel the most support?
(d) Women's studies.
2. In what decade were women's studies on a solid course toward acceptance?
3. How did the basic tenets of feminism emerge, as told from hooks' perspective?
(a) Through debates and disagreements.
(b) Through reformist and revolutionary thinking.
(c) Through discrimination and intolerance.
(d) Through faithfulness to the cause.
4. Hooks explains that which of the following is the second goal of feminism?
(a) To end sexist exploitation.
(b) To end exploitation of students.
(c) To end exploitation of men.
(d) To end exploitation of children.
5. Who sought out dangerous, illegal abortions, according to hooks?
(a) White women.
(b) Poor and black women.
(d) Black women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks describes which decade as having a resurgence of obsession with appearance?
2. When did hooks learn about feminist politics?
3. Which groups took the most issue with abortion and contraception?
4. What type of woman seems to fill up fashion magazine advertisements, according to hooks?
5. What reason does hooks give for why some women adopted feminist jargon without understanding it?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)