|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beauty Within and Without.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which decade did hooks see the feminist political movement diminish after the sexual revolution?
2. Hooks claims that which of the following would diminish the necessity for abortions?
(a) Religious groups.
(b) Access to contraceptives.
(c) Abstinence education.
(d) Education about domestic abuse.
3. In the 1970s, which movement was most powerful in hooks' opinion?
(a) Equality in the workplace.
(b) Reproductive rights.
(c) Sexual freedom.
(d) Fighting oppression in the media.
4. What does hooks propose the public does to avoid passing on misinformation about feminism?
(a) Hold feminist group meetings on school campus.
(b) Hire more strong female teachers.
(c) Separate boys and girls in classrooms.
(d) Change school curriculum.
5. What type of funding does hooks suggest is a goal for the feminist movement in order to read a broad and diverse audience?
(a) Feminist websites.
(b) Feminist TV network.
(c) Feminist publishing company.
(d) Feminist films.
Short Answer Questions
1. When feminism first began, hooks explains that which of the following was the second group feminism was split between?
2. What decade did the book Ain't I a Woman address?
3. Hooks claims that focusing on what type of rights is necessary to protect the freedom of women?
4. What does hooks describe as one of feminism's greatest foes?
5. When did hooks learn about feminist politics?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)