|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beauty Within and Without.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks claims that focusing on what type of rights is necessary to protect the freedom of women?
(a) Reproductive rights.
(b) Sexual rights.
(c) Career rights.
(d) Educational rights.
2. What forced the shoe industry to produce low-heeled business shoes, according to hooks?
(a) Studies showed they were detrimental to a woman's ability to work.
(b) Businesses banned them.
(c) Studies showed they were detrimental to health.
(d) Some women decided not to wear heeled shoes.
3. What did hooks see as the basis that would ultimately undermine sexism and overthrow patriarchy?
(a) Upper class women.
(d) The bonding of the working-class women.
4. What decade did the book Ain't I a Woman address?
5. What is associated with the sexual revolution?
(a) Sexual oppresson.
(c) Free love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of woman seems to fill up fashion magazine advertisements, according to hooks?
2. When feminism first began, hooks explains that which of the following was the second group feminism was split between?
3. In what type of society is every voice heard, according to hooks?
4. The third goal of feminism is which of the following, according to bell hooks?
5. Hooks believes that young women growing up at the time the book was written will feel that what issue is no longer a problem?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)