|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beauty Within and Without.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to hooks, who should have access to safe and affordable abortions?
(a) All women.
(b) Privileged women.
(c) Black women.
(d) Young women.
2. Hooks claims that when consciousness-raising groups re-emerge, who must be included?
3. Hooks explains that which of the following is the second goal of feminism?
(a) To end exploitation of students.
(b) To end exploitation of children.
(c) To end exploitation of men.
(d) To end sexist exploitation.
4. When feminism first began, which of the following was the first group feminism was split between, as explained by hooks?
(a) Impressionist thinkers.
(b) Intolerance thinkers.
(c) Faulty thinkers.
(d) Reformist thinkers.
5. When the cosmetic industry worried feminism would ruin business, how did mass media portray feminists?
(a) As stupid and naive.
(b) As masculine and ugly.
(c) As mean and rude.
(d) As intelligent and educated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks claims that which group is trying to remove women's studies courses?
2. Which field did hooks claim the reformist movement focused on?
3. Who do women need to stop mimicking, according to hooks?
4. What types of abortions have anti-abortion movement groups targeted most?
5. What did women come face to face with most with the onset of the sexual revolution?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)