|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beauty Within and Without.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is most commonplace to hooks?
(a) Bipolar disorder.
(b) Manic depression.
2. Which of the following is a result of fashion taking notice of women's demands in attire?
(a) Women's magazines.
(b) Runway shows.
(c) Feminist advertisements.
(d) New designers.
3. What did women come face to face with most with the onset of the sexual revolution?
(a) Sexual assault.
(b) Unwanted pregnancy.
(c) Sexually transmitted diseases.
(d) Freedom from oppression.
4. Hooks claimed that for feminism to regain momentum, what must be available for the masses, especially the young?
(a) Career opportunities.
(b) Educational opportunities.
(d) Feminist groups and clubs.
5. In which decade did many women begin to choose not to wear bras and girdles?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does hooks' "sisterhood" occur?
2. For centuries, what were women taught that their worth was, according to hooks?
3. What type of woman seems to fill up fashion magazine advertisements, according to hooks?
4. In the 1970s, which movement was most powerful in hooks' opinion?
5. Hooks claims that when consciousness-raising groups re-emerge, who must be included?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)