|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beauty Within and Without.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, according to hooks, ended up slowing progress because they did not deal with their own internalized sexism?
(a) Black women.
(b) Working-class women.
(c) White women.
(d) High-profile women.
2. In the 1970s, which movement was most powerful in hooks' opinion?
(a) Sexual freedom.
(b) Fighting oppression in the media.
(c) Reproductive rights.
(d) Equality in the workplace.
3. According to hooks, who is feminism not targeting?
4. Hooks states that the first goal of feminism is which of the following?
(a) To end racism.
(b) To end oppression of children.
(c) To end sexism.
(d) To begin wage wars.
5. Hooks claims that which group is trying to remove women's studies courses?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to hooks, who should have access to safe and affordable abortions?
2. Who sought out dangerous, illegal abortions, according to hooks?
3. Hooks claimed that women wanted to be seen most favorably by who?
4. What does hooks describe as one of feminism's greatest foes?
5. Which groups took the most issue with abortion and contraception?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)