|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beauty Within and Without.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to hooks, who lost their jobs in the 1970s?
(b) College professors.
(c) Factory workers.
2. What did women come face to face with most with the onset of the sexual revolution?
(a) Unwanted pregnancy.
(b) Freedom from oppression.
(c) Sexually transmitted diseases.
(d) Sexual assault.
3. How does hooks' "sisterhood" occur?
(a) Women must start loving each other.
(b) Women must stop participating in societal patriarchy.
(c) Women must stop loving men.
(d) Women must stop dominating each other.
4. When feminism first began, which of the following was the first group feminism was split between, as explained by hooks?
(a) Faulty thinkers.
(b) Intolerance thinkers.
(c) Impressionist thinkers.
(d) Reformist thinkers.
5. In which decade did many women begin to choose not to wear bras and girdles?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does hooks propose the public does to avoid passing on misinformation about feminism?
2. Which field did hooks claim the reformist movement focused on?
3. Hooks claims that focusing on what type of rights is necessary to protect the freedom of women?
4. As opportunities grew for women, what type of solidarity began to wither, from hooks' perspective?
5. What was the name of the professor who handed out one of hooks' poems?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)