|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beauty Within and Without.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which classes at her university did hooks feel the most support?
(d) Women's studies.
2. According to hooks, who lost their jobs in the 1970s?
(a) Factory workers.
(d) College professors.
3. How does hooks' "sisterhood" occur?
(a) Women must stop loving men.
(b) Women must start loving each other.
(c) Women must stop dominating each other.
(d) Women must stop participating in societal patriarchy.
4. What forced the shoe industry to produce low-heeled business shoes, according to hooks?
(a) Studies showed they were detrimental to health.
(b) Businesses banned them.
(c) Studies showed they were detrimental to a woman's ability to work.
(d) Some women decided not to wear heeled shoes.
5. Hooks claims that when consciousness-raising groups re-emerge, who must be included?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is defined as gaining power by the exploitation of others?
2. Which of the following began to overshadow feminist politics, according to hooks?
3. According to hooks, who did the media focus on when it came to feminist issues?
4. When feminism first began, hooks explains that which of the following was the second group feminism was split between?
5. In what decade were women's studies on a solid course toward acceptance?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)