|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beauty Within and Without.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks believes that young women growing up at the time the book was written will feel that what issue is no longer a problem?
(c) Sexual harassment.
2. According to the text, who runs mass media?
(a) White men.
(b) Black men.
(c) Jewish men.
(d) Asian men.
3. What is the second factor that hooks alleges will diminish the necessity for abortions?
(a) Meaningful sex education.
(b) Women having less sex.
(c) Free contraception.
(d) Classes about contraception at community colleges.
4. Which university did hooks attend?
5. What forced the shoe industry to produce low-heeled business shoes, according to hooks?
(a) Some women decided not to wear heeled shoes.
(b) Studies showed they were detrimental to health.
(c) Studies showed they were detrimental to a woman's ability to work.
(d) Businesses banned them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks claimed that women wanted to be seen most favorably by who?
2. In what decade were women's studies on a solid course toward acceptance?
3. When the cosmetic industry worried feminism would ruin business, how did mass media portray feminists?
4. According to hooks, who lost their jobs in the 1970s?
5. Which field did hooks claim the reformist movement focused on?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)