|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beauty Within and Without.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
(a) Universities and colleges.
(b) Mainstream media.
2. What did women come face to face with most with the onset of the sexual revolution?
(a) Sexual assault.
(b) Freedom from oppression.
(c) Unwanted pregnancy.
(d) Sexually transmitted diseases.
3. According to hooks, women's acceptance of their bodies has allowed them to accept what process?
4. According to hooks, what gave permission for female bonding?
(a) The business world.
(b) Feminist movement.
(c) Powerful men.
(d) Equal wages.
5. In what type of society is every voice heard, according to hooks?
(a) Patriarchal society.
(b) Feminist society.
(c) Neutral society.
(d) Revolutionary society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks claims that focusing on what type of rights is necessary to protect the freedom of women?
2. Hooks claims that which of the following would diminish the necessity for abortions?
3. How does misinformation spread, in hooks' point of view?
4. In which decade did many women begin to choose not to wear bras and girdles?
5. What does hooks describe as one of feminism's greatest foes?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)