|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beauty Within and Without.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks claims that when consciousness-raising groups re-emerge, who must be included?
2. What was the name of the professor who handed out one of hooks' poems?
(a) Diane Middlebrook.
(b) Tillie Olsen.
(c) An anonymous woman.
(d) Abigail Adams.
3. Who should information about feminism be available to, according to hooks?
(b) Young people.
4. What did hooks see as the basis that would ultimately undermine sexism and overthrow patriarchy?
(b) Upper class women.
(d) The bonding of the working-class women.
5. Hooks saw that some white leaders were at first resistant to including the struggles of what type of women in shaping feminist thought?
(a) Elderly women.
(b) Black women.
(c) Hispanic women.
(d) Teenage women.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did hooks learn about feminist politics?
2. When the cosmetic industry worried feminism would ruin business, how did mass media portray feminists?
3. When feminism first began, hooks explains that which of the following was the second group feminism was split between?
4. Hooks claims that which of the following would diminish the necessity for abortions?
5. According to hooks, who is feminism not targeting?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)