|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beauty Within and Without.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the basic tenets of feminism emerge, as told from hooks' perspective?
(a) Through faithfulness to the cause.
(b) Through debates and disagreements.
(c) Through discrimination and intolerance.
(d) Through reformist and revolutionary thinking.
2. Which of the following is a result of fashion taking notice of women's demands in attire?
(a) Runway shows.
(b) Feminist advertisements.
(c) New designers.
(d) Women's magazines.
3. How does hooks' "sisterhood" occur?
(a) Women must stop loving men.
(b) Women must stop participating in societal patriarchy.
(c) Women must start loving each other.
(d) Women must stop dominating each other.
4. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
(c) Mainstream media.
(d) Universities and colleges.
5. Hooks reports that which group was most displaced by high-profile women being put in the spotlight of the feminist movement?
(a) Feminist revolutionaries.
(b) Working-class women.
(d) Feminist reformists.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Ain't I a Woman published?
2. Hooks claimed that what needs a restart?
3. Where were the earliest feminist meetings held?
4. What decade did the book Ain't I a Woman address?
5. Who were hooks' alleged stars of the feminist movement early on?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)