|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beauty Within and Without.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group seems to be writing the most articles in magazines geared toward women, as witnessed by hooks?
(a) Poor women.
(b) Privileged women.
2. What did women come face to face with most with the onset of the sexual revolution?
(a) Sexual assault.
(b) Freedom from oppression.
(c) Unwanted pregnancy.
(d) Sexually transmitted diseases.
3. Which of the following is a consequence hooks describes as resulting from the fashion industry?
(a) Immoral women.
(b) Poor economy.
(c) Ruining self-esteem.
(d) Causing depression.
4. When feminism first began, which of the following was the first group feminism was split between, as explained by hooks?
(a) Impressionist thinkers.
(b) Reformist thinkers.
(c) Faulty thinkers.
(d) Intolerance thinkers.
5. Who do women need to stop mimicking, according to hooks?
(b) Powerful women.
(c) Weak women.
(d) Powerful men.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the 1970s, which movement was most powerful in hooks' opinion?
2. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
3. Which of the following is a result of fashion taking notice of women's demands in attire?
4. In which classes at her university did hooks feel the most support?
5. What forced the shoe industry to produce low-heeled business shoes, according to hooks?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)