|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beauty Within and Without.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks claimed that for feminism to regain momentum, what must be available for the masses, especially the young?
(a) Feminist groups and clubs.
(c) Career opportunities.
(d) Educational opportunities.
2. What did women come face to face with most with the onset of the sexual revolution?
(a) Sexually transmitted diseases.
(b) Freedom from oppression.
(c) Unwanted pregnancy.
(d) Sexual assault.
3. When did hooks learn about feminist politics?
(a) Before she took feminist classes.
(b) Before she attended elementary school.
(c) After she graduated from college.
(d) When she started writing books.
4. What type of funding does hooks suggest is a goal for the feminist movement in order to read a broad and diverse audience?
(a) Feminist websites.
(b) Feminist films.
(c) Feminist publishing company.
(d) Feminist TV network.
5. Hooks explains that which of the following is the second goal of feminism?
(a) To end sexist exploitation.
(b) To end exploitation of children.
(c) To end exploitation of students.
(d) To end exploitation of men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the most sought after reproductive safegaurd in the sexual revolution?
2. Who encouraged her students to think first about the fate of women from working-class backgrounds?
3. According to hooks, what gave permission for female bonding?
4. Hooks claims that which of the following would diminish the necessity for abortions?
5. In which classes at her university did hooks feel the most support?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)