|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beauty Within and Without.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does hooks give for why some women adopted feminist jargon without understanding it?
(a) To show intolerance of feminism.
(b) To support and advocate feminism.
(c) To further their careers.
(d) To fit in with their friends.
2. When feminism first began, hooks explains that which of the following was the second group feminism was split between?
(a) Revolutionary thinkers.
(b) Cubist thinkers.
(c) Modernist thinkers.
(d) Artistic thinkers.
3. What did women come face to face with most with the onset of the sexual revolution?
(a) Sexually transmitted diseases.
(b) Sexual assault.
(c) Unwanted pregnancy.
(d) Freedom from oppression.
4. Which type of woman does hooks describe as having the options of both contraceptives and abortions?
(a) Poor women.
(b) White women.
(c) Privileged women.
(d) Black women.
5. According to hooks, what gave permission for female bonding?
(a) Feminist movement.
(b) The business world.
(c) Equal wages.
(d) Powerful men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of woman seems to fill up fashion magazine advertisements, according to hooks?
2. According to hooks, who did the media focus on when it came to feminist issues?
3. Which of the following is a consequence hooks describes as resulting from the fashion industry?
4. As opportunities grew for women, what type of solidarity began to wither, from hooks' perspective?
5. When did hooks learn about feminist politics?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)