|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beauty Within and Without.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which classes at her university did hooks feel the most support?
(d) Women's studies.
2. Who encouraged her students to think first about the fate of women from working-class backgrounds?
(a) Abigail Adams.
(b) Tillie Olsen.
(c) Diane Middlebrook.
(d) bell hooks.
3. How does misinformation spread, in hooks' point of view?
(c) Mass media.
4. In which decade did many women begin to choose not to wear bras and girdles?
5. When feminism first began, hooks explains that which of the following was the second group feminism was split between?
(a) Cubist thinkers.
(b) Modernist thinkers.
(c) Revolutionary thinkers.
(d) Artistic thinkers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the 1970s, which movement was most powerful in hooks' opinion?
2. What was the name of the professor who handed out one of hooks' poems?
3. Hooks claimed that what needs a restart?
4. In which decade did hooks see the feminist political movement diminish after the sexual revolution?
5. Where were the earliest feminist meetings held?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)