|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beauty Within and Without.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anorexia and compulsive overeating are both described by hooks as being diseases with roots in lack of which of the following?
(b) Body weight.
2. Where were the earliest feminist meetings held?
(a) In town halls.
(b) In the homes of activists.
(c) In government buildings.
(d) In classrooms.
3. Which group seems to be writing the most articles in magazines geared toward women, as witnessed by hooks?
(b) Privileged women.
(c) Poor women.
4. Hooks believes that young women growing up at the time the book was written will feel that what issue is no longer a problem?
(b) Sexual harassment.
5. Hooks saw that some white leaders were at first resistant to including the struggles of what type of women in shaping feminist thought?
(a) Elderly women.
(b) Hispanic women.
(c) Teenage women.
(d) Black women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a consequence hooks describes as resulting from the fashion industry?
2. What does hooks propose the public does to avoid passing on misinformation about feminism?
3. When feminism first began, which of the following was the first group feminism was split between, as explained by hooks?
4. In which decade did many women begin to choose not to wear bras and girdles?
5. Hooks claims that which group is trying to remove women's studies courses?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)