|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beauty Within and Without.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which field did hooks claim the reformist movement focused on?
(d) Law enforcement.
2. Who were hooks' alleged stars of the feminist movement early on?
(a) White men.
(b) White women.
(c) Black women.
3. When the cosmetic industry worried feminism would ruin business, how did mass media portray feminists?
(a) As stupid and naive.
(b) As masculine and ugly.
(c) As mean and rude.
(d) As intelligent and educated.
4. What is associated with the sexual revolution?
(c) Sexual oppresson.
(d) Free love.
5. For centuries, what were women taught that their worth was, according to hooks?
(a) Their appearance.
(b) Their money.
(c) Their intelligence.
(d) Their skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second factor that hooks alleges will diminish the necessity for abortions?
2. When did hooks learn about feminist politics?
3. As a result of which group's presence, according to hooks, is male domination expected?
4. What decade did the book Ain't I a Woman address?
5. Hooks believes that young women growing up at the time the book was written will feel that what issue is no longer a problem?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)