|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beauty Within and Without.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the text, who runs mass media?
(a) Black men.
(b) Asian men.
(c) Jewish men.
(d) White men.
2. Which group seems to be writing the most articles in magazines geared toward women, as witnessed by hooks?
(c) Privileged women.
(d) Poor women.
3. Who should information about feminism be available to, according to hooks?
(c) Young people.
4. Which of the following is most commonplace to hooks?
(a) Bipolar disorder.
(d) Manic depression.
5. Which of the following began to overshadow feminist politics, according to hooks?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks claims that when consciousness-raising groups re-emerge, who must be included?
2. Hooks claims that focusing on what type of rights is necessary to protect the freedom of women?
3. What type of woman seems to fill up fashion magazine advertisements, according to hooks?
4. Hooks describes which decade as having a resurgence of obsession with appearance?
5. What decade did the book Ain't I a Woman address?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)