|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beauty Within and Without.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which type of woman does hooks describe as having the options of both contraceptives and abortions?
(a) Poor women.
(b) Privileged women.
(c) White women.
(d) Black women.
2. What is the second factor that hooks alleges will diminish the necessity for abortions?
(a) Meaningful sex education.
(b) Free contraception.
(c) Women having less sex.
(d) Classes about contraception at community colleges.
3. When did hooks learn about feminist politics?
(a) Before she attended elementary school.
(b) When she started writing books.
(c) Before she took feminist classes.
(d) After she graduated from college.
4. Which group seems to be writing the most articles in magazines geared toward women, as witnessed by hooks?
(a) Poor women.
(d) Privileged women.
5. For centuries, what were women taught that their worth was, according to hooks?
(a) Their intelligence.
(b) Their skills.
(c) Their appearance.
(d) Their money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks explains that which of the following is the second goal of feminism?
2. Hooks claims that focusing on what type of rights is necessary to protect the freedom of women?
3. In what type of society is every voice heard, according to hooks?
4. What forced the shoe industry to produce low-heeled business shoes, according to hooks?
5. How does misinformation spread, in hooks' point of view?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)