|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beauty Within and Without.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what decade were women's studies on a solid course toward acceptance?
2. Hooks claimed that for feminism to regain momentum, what must be available for the masses, especially the young?
(b) Feminist groups and clubs.
(c) Career opportunities.
(d) Educational opportunities.
3. According to hooks, women's acceptance of their bodies has allowed them to accept what process?
4. Hooks claims that which of the following would diminish the necessity for abortions?
(a) Education about domestic abuse.
(b) Abstinence education.
(c) Religious groups.
(d) Access to contraceptives.
5. Who sought out dangerous, illegal abortions, according to hooks?
(b) Black women.
(c) White women.
(d) Poor and black women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is associated with the sexual revolution?
2. Hooks states that the first goal of feminism is which of the following?
3. What did hooks see as the basis that would ultimately undermine sexism and overthrow patriarchy?
4. How does hooks' "sisterhood" occur?
5. According to the text, who runs mass media?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)