|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beauty Within and Without.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which classes at her university did hooks feel the most support?
(d) Women's studies.
2. Hooks claims that which of the following would diminish the necessity for abortions?
(a) Abstinence education.
(b) Access to contraceptives.
(c) Religious groups.
(d) Education about domestic abuse.
3. Hooks claims that when consciousness-raising groups re-emerge, who must be included?
4. When did hooks learn about feminist politics?
(a) Before she attended elementary school.
(b) Before she took feminist classes.
(c) After she graduated from college.
(d) When she started writing books.
5. Hooks states that the first goal of feminism is which of the following?
(a) To end oppression of children.
(b) To end racism.
(c) To begin wage wars.
(d) To end sexism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group seems to be writing the most articles in magazines geared toward women, as witnessed by hooks?
2. Hooks saw that some white leaders were at first resistant to including the struggles of what type of women in shaping feminist thought?
3. Anorexia and compulsive overeating are both described by hooks as being diseases with roots in lack of which of the following?
4. When was Ain't I a Woman published?
5. In what type of society is every voice heard, according to hooks?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)