|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beauty Within and Without.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does hooks' "sisterhood" occur?
(a) Women must stop dominating each other.
(b) Women must stop loving men.
(c) Women must start loving each other.
(d) Women must stop participating in societal patriarchy.
2. According to the text, who runs mass media?
(a) White men.
(b) Jewish men.
(c) Black men.
(d) Asian men.
3. What forced the shoe industry to produce low-heeled business shoes, according to hooks?
(a) Some women decided not to wear heeled shoes.
(b) Studies showed they were detrimental to health.
(c) Businesses banned them.
(d) Studies showed they were detrimental to a woman's ability to work.
4. Who, according to hooks, ended up slowing progress because they did not deal with their own internalized sexism?
(a) High-profile women.
(b) Black women.
(c) White women.
(d) Working-class women.
5. Hooks claimed that what needs a restart?
(a) Revolutionary feminism.
(c) True feminism.
(d) Reformist feminism.
Short Answer Questions
1. When feminism first began, which of the following was the first group feminism was split between, as explained by hooks?
2. What was the name of the professor who handed out one of hooks' poems?
3. What type of funding does hooks suggest is a goal for the feminist movement in order to read a broad and diverse audience?
4. Hooks claims that focusing on what type of rights is necessary to protect the freedom of women?
5. Which of the following began to overshadow feminist politics, according to hooks?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)