|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Education for Critical Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks saw that some white leaders were at first resistant to including the struggles of what type of women in shaping feminist thought?
(a) Elderly women.
(b) Black women.
(c) Hispanic women.
(d) Teenage women.
2. When feminism first began, hooks explains that which of the following was the second group feminism was split between?
(a) Artistic thinkers.
(b) Cubist thinkers.
(c) Modernist thinkers.
(d) Revolutionary thinkers.
3. How does hooks' "sisterhood" occur?
(a) Women must start loving each other.
(b) Women must stop participating in societal patriarchy.
(c) Women must stop loving men.
(d) Women must stop dominating each other.
4. How did the basic tenets of feminism emerge, as told from hooks' perspective?
(a) Through discrimination and intolerance.
(b) Through debates and disagreements.
(c) Through reformist and revolutionary thinking.
(d) Through faithfulness to the cause.
5. The feminist movement urged universities to rediscover what related to women and include it in their curriculum?
Short Answer Questions
1. When feminism first began, which of the following was the first group feminism was split between, as explained by hooks?
2. Which university did hooks attend?
3. What reason does hooks give for why some women adopted feminist jargon without understanding it?
4. According to hooks, who is feminism not targeting?
5. When did hooks learn about feminist politics?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)