|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Education for Critical Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When feminism first began, hooks explains that which of the following was the second group feminism was split between?
(a) Cubist thinkers.
(b) Revolutionary thinkers.
(c) Modernist thinkers.
(d) Artistic thinkers.
2. According to hooks, who lost their jobs in the 1970s?
(a) Factory workers.
(c) College professors.
3. What type of funding does hooks suggest is a goal for the feminist movement in order to read a broad and diverse audience?
(a) Feminist TV network.
(b) Feminist films.
(c) Feminist publishing company.
(d) Feminist websites.
4. How does misinformation spread, in hooks' point of view?
(b) Mass media.
5. Hooks states that the first goal of feminism is which of the following?
(a) To end sexism.
(b) To end oppression of children.
(c) To begin wage wars.
(d) To end racism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does hooks give for why some women adopted feminist jargon without understanding it?
2. When did hooks learn about feminist politics?
3. Who encouraged her students to think first about the fate of women from working-class backgrounds?
4. According to hooks, who did the media focus on when it came to feminist issues?
5. Who do women need to stop mimicking, according to hooks?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)