|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Education for Critical Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did hooks learn about feminist politics?
(a) Before she took feminist classes.
(b) When she started writing books.
(c) After she graduated from college.
(d) Before she attended elementary school.
2. What was the name of the professor who handed out one of hooks' poems?
(a) An anonymous woman.
(b) Abigail Adams.
(c) Diane Middlebrook.
(d) Tillie Olsen.
3. According to hooks, who did the media focus on when it came to feminist issues?
(b) Black women.
(c) High-profile women.
(d) Working-class women.
4. Where were the earliest feminist meetings held?
(a) In the homes of activists.
(b) In government buildings.
(c) In classrooms.
(d) In town halls.
5. Hooks claims that when consciousness-raising groups re-emerge, who must be included?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did hooks see as the basis that would ultimately undermine sexism and overthrow patriarchy?
2. Which university did hooks attend?
3. Hooks states that the first goal of feminism is which of the following?
4. In what type of society is every voice heard, according to hooks?
5. Hooks believes that young women growing up at the time the book was written will feel that what issue is no longer a problem?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)