|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Education for Critical Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks claimed that women wanted to be seen most favorably by who?
(a) Men who controlled them.
(b) Women who supported them.
(c) Their children.
(d) Their peers.
2. What is defined as gaining power by the exploitation of others?
(a) Power feminism.
(b) Reformist feminism.
(c) Intolerable feminism.
(d) True feminism.
3. Which field did hooks claim the reformist movement focused on?
(d) Law enforcement.
4. Hooks reports that which group was most displaced by high-profile women being put in the spotlight of the feminist movement?
(a) Feminist reformists.
(b) Working-class women.
(c) Feminist revolutionaries.
5. What decade did the book Ain't I a Woman address?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what decade were women's studies on a solid course toward acceptance?
2. Who encouraged her students to think first about the fate of women from working-class backgrounds?
3. Hooks believes that young women growing up at the time the book was written will feel that what issue is no longer a problem?
4. How does hooks' "sisterhood" occur?
5. Where were the earliest feminist meetings held?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)