|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Education for Critical Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does misinformation spread, in hooks' point of view?
(d) Mass media.
2. Who encouraged her students to think first about the fate of women from working-class backgrounds?
(a) Tillie Olsen.
(b) Abigail Adams.
(c) bell hooks.
(d) Diane Middlebrook.
3. The feminist movement urged universities to rediscover what related to women and include it in their curriculum?
4. Hooks reports that which group was most displaced by high-profile women being put in the spotlight of the feminist movement?
(b) Feminist revolutionaries.
(c) Feminist reformists.
(d) Working-class women.
5. When feminism first began, hooks explains that which of the following was the second group feminism was split between?
(a) Cubist thinkers.
(b) Revolutionary thinkers.
(c) Artistic thinkers.
(d) Modernist thinkers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the basic tenets of feminism emerge, as told from hooks' perspective?
2. According to hooks, who is feminism not targeting?
3. What did hooks see as the basis that would ultimately undermine sexism and overthrow patriarchy?
4. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
5. Which field did hooks claim the reformist movement focused on?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)