|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Education for Critical Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who encouraged her students to think first about the fate of women from working-class backgrounds?
(a) bell hooks.
(b) Tillie Olsen.
(c) Diane Middlebrook.
(d) Abigail Adams.
2. The feminist movement urged universities to rediscover what related to women and include it in their curriculum?
3. As opportunities grew for women, what type of solidarity began to wither, from hooks' perspective?
(a) Solidarity among all classes of women.
(b) Solidarity among all races of women.
(c) Solidarity among men and women.
(d) Solidarity among all ages of women.
4. Hooks states that the first goal of feminism is which of the following?
(a) To begin wage wars.
(b) To end sexism.
(c) To end oppression of children.
(d) To end racism.
5. Who, according to hooks, ended up slowing progress because they did not deal with their own internalized sexism?
(a) Working-class women.
(b) High-profile women.
(c) White women.
(d) Black women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did hooks see as the basis that would ultimately undermine sexism and overthrow patriarchy?
2. Hooks claimed that what needs a restart?
3. When feminism first began, hooks explains that which of the following was the second group feminism was split between?
4. Hooks claims that when consciousness-raising groups re-emerge, who must be included?
5. As a result of which group's presence, according to hooks, is male domination expected?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)