|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Education for Critical Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to hooks, who did the media focus on when it came to feminist issues?
(a) High-profile women.
(c) Working-class women.
(d) Black women.
2. Hooks claimed that women wanted to be seen most favorably by who?
(a) Their children.
(b) Men who controlled them.
(c) Women who supported them.
(d) Their peers.
3. In the 1970s, which movement was most powerful in hooks' opinion?
(a) Sexual freedom.
(b) Equality in the workplace.
(c) Reproductive rights.
(d) Fighting oppression in the media.
4. As opportunities grew for women, what type of solidarity began to wither, from hooks' perspective?
(a) Solidarity among all ages of women.
(b) Solidarity among all races of women.
(c) Solidarity among men and women.
(d) Solidarity among all classes of women.
5. Which university did hooks attend?
Short Answer Questions
1. The feminist movement urged universities to rediscover what related to women and include it in their curriculum?
2. According to hooks, what gave permission for female bonding?
3. Hooks believes that young women growing up at the time the book was written will feel that what issue is no longer a problem?
4. What decade did the book Ain't I a Woman address?
5. How did the basic tenets of feminism emerge, as told from hooks' perspective?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)