|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Education for Critical Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When feminism first began, hooks explains that which of the following was the second group feminism was split between?
(a) Artistic thinkers.
(b) Modernist thinkers.
(c) Cubist thinkers.
(d) Revolutionary thinkers.
2. Hooks believes that young women growing up at the time the book was written will feel that what issue is no longer a problem?
(a) Sexual harassment.
3. As opportunities grew for women, what type of solidarity began to wither, from hooks' perspective?
(a) Solidarity among all races of women.
(b) Solidarity among men and women.
(c) Solidarity among all ages of women.
(d) Solidarity among all classes of women.
4. Who encouraged her students to think first about the fate of women from working-class backgrounds?
(a) bell hooks.
(b) Tillie Olsen.
(c) Abigail Adams.
(d) Diane Middlebrook.
5. Hooks claims that when consciousness-raising groups re-emerge, who must be included?
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of which group's presence, according to hooks, is male domination expected?
2. Hooks claimed that what needs a restart?
3. Hooks claims that which group is trying to remove women's studies courses?
4. In the 1970s, which movement was most powerful in hooks' opinion?
5. Who were hooks' alleged stars of the feminist movement early on?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)