|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Education for Critical Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the earliest feminist meetings held?
(a) In government buildings.
(b) In the homes of activists.
(c) In classrooms.
(d) In town halls.
2. As opportunities grew for women, what type of solidarity began to wither, from hooks' perspective?
(a) Solidarity among all races of women.
(b) Solidarity among men and women.
(c) Solidarity among all ages of women.
(d) Solidarity among all classes of women.
3. What is defined as gaining power by the exploitation of others?
(a) Intolerable feminism.
(b) Power feminism.
(c) Reformist feminism.
(d) True feminism.
4. According to hooks, what gave permission for female bonding?
(a) The business world.
(b) Feminist movement.
(c) Equal wages.
(d) Powerful men.
5. What reason does hooks give for why some women adopted feminist jargon without understanding it?
(a) To fit in with their friends.
(b) To support and advocate feminism.
(c) To show intolerance of feminism.
(d) To further their careers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which university did hooks attend?
2. Who were hooks' alleged stars of the feminist movement early on?
3. When feminism first began, hooks explains that which of the following was the second group feminism was split between?
4. In what type of society is every voice heard, according to hooks?
5. As a result of which group's presence, according to hooks, is male domination expected?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)