|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Education for Critical Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the 1970s, which movement was most powerful in hooks' opinion?
(a) Sexual freedom.
(b) Fighting oppression in the media.
(c) Equality in the workplace.
(d) Reproductive rights.
2. What does hooks describe as one of feminism's greatest foes?
(d) The "enemy within."
3. According to hooks, who is feminism not targeting?
4. In what type of society is every voice heard, according to hooks?
(a) Patriarchal society.
(b) Neutral society.
(c) Feminist society.
(d) Revolutionary society.
5. As opportunities grew for women, what type of solidarity began to wither, from hooks' perspective?
(a) Solidarity among all classes of women.
(b) Solidarity among all races of women.
(c) Solidarity among all ages of women.
(d) Solidarity among men and women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who should information about feminism be available to, according to hooks?
2. The feminist movement urged universities to rediscover what related to women and include it in their curriculum?
3. Hooks reports that which group was most displaced by high-profile women being put in the spotlight of the feminist movement?
4. Hooks believes that young women growing up at the time the book was written will feel that what issue is no longer a problem?
5. Hooks claims that which group is trying to remove women's studies courses?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)