|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sisterhood Is Still Powerful.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the text, who runs mass media?
(a) Jewish men.
(b) White men.
(c) Black men.
(d) Asian men.
2. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
(a) Universities and colleges.
(d) Mainstream media.
3. In what decade were women's studies on a solid course toward acceptance?
4. Hooks believes that young women growing up at the time the book was written will feel that what issue is no longer a problem?
(c) Sexual harassment.
5. Which field did hooks claim the reformist movement focused on?
(a) Law enforcement.
Short Answer Questions
1. As opportunities grew for women, what type of solidarity began to wither, from hooks' perspective?
2. In which classes at her university did hooks feel the most support?
3. Hooks states that the first goal of feminism is which of the following?
4. According to hooks, who lost their jobs in the 1970s?
5. Who were hooks' alleged stars of the feminist movement early on?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)