|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sisterhood Is Still Powerful.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does hooks describe as one of feminism's greatest foes?
(d) The "enemy within."
2. Hooks believes that young women growing up at the time the book was written will feel that what issue is no longer a problem?
(b) Sexual harassment.
3. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
(a) Mainstream media.
(c) Universities and colleges.
4. The third goal of feminism is which of the following, according to bell hooks?
(a) To end oppression.
(b) To end racism.
(c) To end hatred.
(d) To end intolerance.
5. According to hooks, who did the media focus on when it came to feminist issues?
(a) Black women.
(c) Working-class women.
(d) High-profile women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which university did hooks attend?
2. As opportunities grew for women, what type of solidarity began to wither, from hooks' perspective?
3. When feminism first began, hooks explains that which of the following was the second group feminism was split between?
4. Where were the earliest feminist meetings held?
5. As a result of which group's presence, according to hooks, is male domination expected?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)