|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sisterhood Is Still Powerful.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does hooks describe as one of feminism's greatest foes?
(a) The "enemy within."
2. According to hooks, who is feminism not targeting?
3. In the 1970s, which movement was most powerful in hooks' opinion?
(a) Equality in the workplace.
(b) Sexual freedom.
(c) Reproductive rights.
(d) Fighting oppression in the media.
4. Which field did hooks claim the reformist movement focused on?
(c) Law enforcement.
5. How did the basic tenets of feminism emerge, as told from hooks' perspective?
(a) Through discrimination and intolerance.
(b) Through faithfulness to the cause.
(c) Through reformist and revolutionary thinking.
(d) Through debates and disagreements.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to hooks, what gave permission for female bonding?
2. As opportunities grew for women, what type of solidarity began to wither, from hooks' perspective?
3. Who, according to hooks, ended up slowing progress because they did not deal with their own internalized sexism?
4. When feminism first began, which of the following was the first group feminism was split between, as explained by hooks?
5. Hooks claimed that what needs a restart?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)