|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sisterhood Is Still Powerful.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the basic tenets of feminism emerge, as told from hooks' perspective?
(a) Through discrimination and intolerance.
(b) Through reformist and revolutionary thinking.
(c) Through faithfulness to the cause.
(d) Through debates and disagreements.
2. As a result of which group's presence, according to hooks, is male domination expected?
(a) Middle Easterners.
3. Who encouraged her students to think first about the fate of women from working-class backgrounds?
(a) Abigail Adams.
(b) Tillie Olsen.
(c) Diane Middlebrook.
(d) bell hooks.
4. Hooks states that the first goal of feminism is which of the following?
(a) To end racism.
(b) To end oppression of children.
(c) To begin wage wars.
(d) To end sexism.
5. According to hooks, who did the media focus on when it came to feminist issues?
(b) High-profile women.
(c) Working-class women.
(d) Black women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks explains that which of the following is the second goal of feminism?
2. Hooks claimed that what needs a restart?
3. According to the text, who runs mass media?
4. What does hooks describe as one of feminism's greatest foes?
5. What reason does hooks give for why some women adopted feminist jargon without understanding it?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)