|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sisterhood Is Still Powerful.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks reports that which group was most displaced by high-profile women being put in the spotlight of the feminist movement?
(b) Feminist revolutionaries.
(c) Feminist reformists.
(d) Working-class women.
2. Which university did hooks attend?
3. What is defined as gaining power by the exploitation of others?
(a) True feminism.
(b) Intolerable feminism.
(c) Power feminism.
(d) Reformist feminism.
4. Who encouraged her students to think first about the fate of women from working-class backgrounds?
(a) Diane Middlebrook.
(b) bell hooks.
(c) Abigail Adams.
(d) Tillie Olsen.
5. According to hooks, what gave permission for female bonding?
(a) Powerful men.
(b) The business world.
(c) Feminist movement.
(d) Equal wages.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to hooks, who did the media focus on when it came to feminist issues?
2. The third goal of feminism is which of the following, according to bell hooks?
3. How did the basic tenets of feminism emerge, as told from hooks' perspective?
4. As opportunities grew for women, what type of solidarity began to wither, from hooks' perspective?
5. Hooks explains that which of the following is the second goal of feminism?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)