|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sisterhood Is Still Powerful.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to hooks, who did the media focus on when it came to feminist issues?
(a) High-profile women.
(c) Black women.
(d) Working-class women.
2. What does hooks describe as one of feminism's greatest foes?
(b) The "enemy within."
3. Where were the earliest feminist meetings held?
(a) In town halls.
(b) In classrooms.
(c) In the homes of activists.
(d) In government buildings.
4. The third goal of feminism is which of the following, according to bell hooks?
(a) To end racism.
(b) To end oppression.
(c) To end hatred.
(d) To end intolerance.
5. Who, according to hooks, ended up slowing progress because they did not deal with their own internalized sexism?
(a) Black women.
(b) High-profile women.
(c) Working-class women.
(d) White women.
Short Answer Questions
1. When feminism first began, hooks explains that which of the following was the second group feminism was split between?
2. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
3. When feminism first began, which of the following was the first group feminism was split between, as explained by hooks?
4. In what type of society is every voice heard, according to hooks?
5. Which university did hooks attend?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)