|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sisterhood Is Still Powerful.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks explains that which of the following is the second goal of feminism?
(a) To end exploitation of children.
(b) To end sexist exploitation.
(c) To end exploitation of students.
(d) To end exploitation of men.
2. Hooks claims that when consciousness-raising groups re-emerge, who must be included?
3. How did the basic tenets of feminism emerge, as told from hooks' perspective?
(a) Through faithfulness to the cause.
(b) Through debates and disagreements.
(c) Through reformist and revolutionary thinking.
(d) Through discrimination and intolerance.
4. As opportunities grew for women, what type of solidarity began to wither, from hooks' perspective?
(a) Solidarity among all races of women.
(b) Solidarity among all classes of women.
(c) Solidarity among men and women.
(d) Solidarity among all ages of women.
5. When feminism first began, hooks explains that which of the following was the second group feminism was split between?
(a) Cubist thinkers.
(b) Artistic thinkers.
(c) Modernist thinkers.
(d) Revolutionary thinkers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the professor who handed out one of hooks' poems?
2. What reason does hooks give for why some women adopted feminist jargon without understanding it?
3. What is defined as gaining power by the exploitation of others?
4. Hooks believes that young women growing up at the time the book was written will feel that what issue is no longer a problem?
5. As a result of which group's presence, according to hooks, is male domination expected?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)