|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sisterhood Is Still Powerful.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks claimed that women wanted to be seen most favorably by who?
(a) Their children.
(b) Their peers.
(c) Men who controlled them.
(d) Women who supported them.
2. According to hooks, who lost their jobs in the 1970s?
(b) Factory workers.
(c) College professors.
3. What did hooks see as the basis that would ultimately undermine sexism and overthrow patriarchy?
(a) The bonding of the working-class women.
(c) Upper class women.
4. What reason does hooks give for why some women adopted feminist jargon without understanding it?
(a) To fit in with their friends.
(b) To support and advocate feminism.
(c) To further their careers.
(d) To show intolerance of feminism.
5. Who were hooks' alleged stars of the feminist movement early on?
(a) White women.
(b) White men.
(c) Black women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks reports that which group was most displaced by high-profile women being put in the spotlight of the feminist movement?
2. Hooks states that the first goal of feminism is which of the following?
3. How does hooks' "sisterhood" occur?
4. What does hooks describe as one of feminism's greatest foes?
5. What was the name of the professor who handed out one of hooks' poems?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)