|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sisterhood Is Still Powerful.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks claimed that women wanted to be seen most favorably by who?
(a) Women who supported them.
(b) Men who controlled them.
(c) Their peers.
(d) Their children.
2. What does hooks describe as one of feminism's greatest foes?
(a) The "enemy within."
3. Hooks states that the first goal of feminism is which of the following?
(a) To begin wage wars.
(b) To end sexism.
(c) To end oppression of children.
(d) To end racism.
4. How did the basic tenets of feminism emerge, as told from hooks' perspective?
(a) Through discrimination and intolerance.
(b) Through reformist and revolutionary thinking.
(c) Through debates and disagreements.
(d) Through faithfulness to the cause.
5. When feminism first began, which of the following was the first group feminism was split between, as explained by hooks?
(a) Faulty thinkers.
(b) Impressionist thinkers.
(c) Reformist thinkers.
(d) Intolerance thinkers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what type of society is every voice heard, according to hooks?
2. Who encouraged her students to think first about the fate of women from working-class backgrounds?
3. As opportunities grew for women, what type of solidarity began to wither, from hooks' perspective?
4. In what decade were women's studies on a solid course toward acceptance?
5. In which classes at her university did hooks feel the most support?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)