|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sisterhood Is Still Powerful.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to hooks, what gave permission for female bonding?
(a) Powerful men.
(b) Feminist movement.
(c) The business world.
(d) Equal wages.
2. Hooks reports that which group was most displaced by high-profile women being put in the spotlight of the feminist movement?
(a) Feminist revolutionaries.
(c) Working-class women.
(d) Feminist reformists.
3. As opportunities grew for women, what type of solidarity began to wither, from hooks' perspective?
(a) Solidarity among all races of women.
(b) Solidarity among all classes of women.
(c) Solidarity among men and women.
(d) Solidarity among all ages of women.
4. Who do women need to stop mimicking, according to hooks?
(a) Weak women.
(b) Powerful men.
(d) Powerful women.
5. According to the text, who runs mass media?
(a) Jewish men.
(b) White men.
(c) Black men.
(d) Asian men.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to hooks, who lost their jobs in the 1970s?
2. In the 1970s, which movement was most powerful in hooks' opinion?
3. Who encouraged her students to think first about the fate of women from working-class backgrounds?
4. Who were hooks' alleged stars of the feminist movement early on?
5. What was the name of the professor who handed out one of hooks' poems?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)