|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sisterhood Is Still Powerful.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which university did hooks attend?
2. In which classes at her university did hooks feel the most support?
(b) Women's studies.
3. In the 1970s, which movement was most powerful in hooks' opinion?
(a) Fighting oppression in the media.
(b) Reproductive rights.
(c) Sexual freedom.
(d) Equality in the workplace.
4. When feminism first began, hooks explains that which of the following was the second group feminism was split between?
(a) Modernist thinkers.
(b) Artistic thinkers.
(c) Revolutionary thinkers.
(d) Cubist thinkers.
5. Hooks claimed that what needs a restart?
(b) Revolutionary feminism.
(c) Reformist feminism.
(d) True feminism.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the text, who runs mass media?
2. According to hooks, who lost their jobs in the 1970s?
3. Hooks reports that which group was most displaced by high-profile women being put in the spotlight of the feminist movement?
4. As opportunities grew for women, what type of solidarity began to wither, from hooks' perspective?
5. According to hooks, who did the media focus on when it came to feminist issues?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)