|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sisterhood Is Still Powerful.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does hooks give for why some women adopted feminist jargon without understanding it?
(a) To fit in with their friends.
(b) To show intolerance of feminism.
(c) To further their careers.
(d) To support and advocate feminism.
2. In what decade were women's studies on a solid course toward acceptance?
3. Who, according to hooks, ended up slowing progress because they did not deal with their own internalized sexism?
(a) Black women.
(b) High-profile women.
(c) Working-class women.
(d) White women.
4. According to hooks, what gave permission for female bonding?
(a) Feminist movement.
(b) The business world.
(c) Equal wages.
(d) Powerful men.
5. In which classes at her university did hooks feel the most support?
(b) Women's studies.
Short Answer Questions
1. When feminism first began, which of the following was the first group feminism was split between, as explained by hooks?
2. How did the basic tenets of feminism emerge, as told from hooks' perspective?
3. According to hooks, who is feminism not targeting?
4. In the 1970s, which movement was most powerful in hooks' opinion?
5. Hooks believes that young women growing up at the time the book was written will feel that what issue is no longer a problem?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)