|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sisterhood Is Still Powerful.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
(b) Universities and colleges.
(d) Mainstream media.
2. As opportunities grew for women, what type of solidarity began to wither, from hooks' perspective?
(a) Solidarity among men and women.
(b) Solidarity among all races of women.
(c) Solidarity among all classes of women.
(d) Solidarity among all ages of women.
3. What does hooks describe as one of feminism's greatest foes?
(b) The "enemy within."
4. When feminism first began, which of the following was the first group feminism was split between, as explained by hooks?
(a) Intolerance thinkers.
(b) Reformist thinkers.
(c) Impressionist thinkers.
(d) Faulty thinkers.
5. Hooks reports that which group was most displaced by high-profile women being put in the spotlight of the feminist movement?
(a) Working-class women.
(b) Feminist revolutionaries.
(d) Feminist reformists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks claimed that women wanted to be seen most favorably by who?
2. What was the name of the professor who handed out one of hooks' poems?
3. What reason does hooks give for why some women adopted feminist jargon without understanding it?
4. According to hooks, who lost their jobs in the 1970s?
5. In what decade were women's studies on a solid course toward acceptance?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)