|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sisterhood Is Still Powerful.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the professor who handed out one of hooks' poems?
(a) Abigail Adams.
(b) Diane Middlebrook.
(c) Tillie Olsen.
(d) An anonymous woman.
2. According to the text, who runs mass media?
(a) Asian men.
(b) White men.
(c) Jewish men.
(d) Black men.
3. As opportunities grew for women, what type of solidarity began to wither, from hooks' perspective?
(a) Solidarity among all ages of women.
(b) Solidarity among men and women.
(c) Solidarity among all races of women.
(d) Solidarity among all classes of women.
4. Hooks reports that which group was most displaced by high-profile women being put in the spotlight of the feminist movement?
(a) Feminist reformists.
(c) Feminist revolutionaries.
(d) Working-class women.
5. Hooks believes that young women growing up at the time the book was written will feel that what issue is no longer a problem?
(b) Sexual harassment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which field did hooks claim the reformist movement focused on?
2. According to hooks, who lost their jobs in the 1970s?
3. Where were the earliest feminist meetings held?
4. Who do women need to stop mimicking, according to hooks?
5. How did the basic tenets of feminism emerge, as told from hooks' perspective?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)