|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sisterhood Is Still Powerful.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to hooks, who did the media focus on when it came to feminist issues?
(a) Working-class women.
(c) High-profile women.
(d) Black women.
2. Who do women need to stop mimicking, according to hooks?
(a) Powerful men.
(c) Powerful women.
(d) Weak women.
3. Who were hooks' alleged stars of the feminist movement early on?
(b) Black women.
(c) White men.
(d) White women.
4. How does hooks' "sisterhood" occur?
(a) Women must stop participating in societal patriarchy.
(b) Women must stop dominating each other.
(c) Women must start loving each other.
(d) Women must stop loving men.
5. Hooks believes that young women growing up at the time the book was written will feel that what issue is no longer a problem?
(a) Sexual harassment.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the text, who runs mass media?
2. What did hooks see as the basis that would ultimately undermine sexism and overthrow patriarchy?
3. What is defined as gaining power by the exploitation of others?
4. Hooks claimed that women wanted to be seen most favorably by who?
5. Hooks reports that which group was most displaced by high-profile women being put in the spotlight of the feminist movement?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)