|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sisterhood Is Still Powerful.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks explains that which of the following is the second goal of feminism?
(a) To end exploitation of children.
(b) To end exploitation of students.
(c) To end exploitation of men.
(d) To end sexist exploitation.
2. According to hooks, who lost their jobs in the 1970s?
(a) Factory workers.
(c) College professors.
3. How does hooks' "sisterhood" occur?
(a) Women must start loving each other.
(b) Women must stop loving men.
(c) Women must stop participating in societal patriarchy.
(d) Women must stop dominating each other.
4. As opportunities grew for women, what type of solidarity began to wither, from hooks' perspective?
(a) Solidarity among all ages of women.
(b) Solidarity among all classes of women.
(c) Solidarity among all races of women.
(d) Solidarity among men and women.
5. According to hooks, what gave permission for female bonding?
(a) Powerful men.
(b) Equal wages.
(c) The business world.
(d) Feminist movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks reports that which group was most displaced by high-profile women being put in the spotlight of the feminist movement?
2. Who do women need to stop mimicking, according to hooks?
3. Hooks claims that when consciousness-raising groups re-emerge, who must be included?
4. According to hooks, who did the media focus on when it came to feminist issues?
5. Hooks claimed that what needs a restart?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)