|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Parenting, Liberating Marriage and Partnership, A Feminist Sexual Politic - An Ethics of Mutual Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message does hooks attribute some feminists as being reluctant to send?
(a) That the oppressor was always bad.
(b) That the oppressor was part of the movement.
(c) That the feminist movement did not welcome new members.
(d) That men were not allowed to be feminists.
2. Hooks describes that what was the first type of new policy that created a new underclass of women and children who suffered as a result of patriarchy?
(a) Liberal immigration policies.
(b) Conservative reproductive laws.
(c) Liberal reproductive laws.
(d) Conservative immigration policies.
3. According to hooks, what changed the face of the feminist movement more than any other factor?
(a) The demand that feminism address ageism.
(b) The demand that feminism address sexism.
(c) The demand that feminism address oppression.
(d) The demand that feminism address race.
4. The feminist movement urged universities to rediscover what related to women and include it in their curriculum?
5. In which decade did hooks see the feminist political movement diminish after the sexual revolution?
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of which group's presence, according to hooks, is male domination expected?
2. Which of the following is not an example of domestic violence?
3. By the 1990s, hooks claims that half the women in America were which of the following?
4. Hooks describes which decade as having a resurgence of obsession with appearance?
5. Which type of feminists were dismayed to learn their leaders were committed to imperialism, according to hooks?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)