|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Parenting, Liberating Marriage and Partnership, A Feminist Sexual Politic - An Ethics of Mutual Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what type of society is every voice heard, according to hooks?
(a) Feminist society.
(b) Patriarchal society.
(c) Neutral society.
(d) Revolutionary society.
2. According to the text, who runs mass media?
(a) Jewish men.
(b) White men.
(c) Asian men.
(d) Black men.
3. For centuries, what were women taught that their worth was, according to hooks?
(a) Their skills.
(b) Their intelligence.
(c) Their money.
(d) Their appearance.
4. Freer-thinking younger generation black women in which decades felt free to confront white feminists about racism from hooks' perspective?
(a) 1950s and 1960s.
(b) 1990s and 2000s.
(c) 1970s and 1980s.
(d) 1980s and 1990s.
5. According to hooks, who knew the plight of the black woman better than anybody?
(a) Activists in the civil rights movement.
(b) White women who faced sexism at work.
(c) Activists during the civil war.
(d) Activists during the 1980s.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks claims that which group is trying to remove women's studies courses?
2. What does hooks describe as one of feminism's greatest foes?
3. What message does hooks attribute some feminists as being reluctant to send?
4. Which of the following is a consequence hooks describes as resulting from the fashion industry?
5. Which of the following is a result of fashion taking notice of women's demands in attire?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)