|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Parenting, Liberating Marriage and Partnership, A Feminist Sexual Politic - An Ethics of Mutual Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did some feminists react to younger black women deflecting attention from sexism to racism, according to hooks?
(a) The black women were ignored.
(b) The black women were considered heroes.
(c) The black women were called traitors.
(d) The black women were applauded but their ideas were ignored.
2. The third goal of feminism is which of the following, according to bell hooks?
(a) To end racism.
(b) To end oppression.
(c) To end hatred.
(d) To end intolerance.
3. In which classes at her university did hooks feel the most support?
(b) Women's studies.
4. In a culture of domination, everyone is taught to accept violence as a means of what?
5. What does the word misogyny relate to?
(b) Fear of marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did hooks see as the basis that would ultimately undermine sexism and overthrow patriarchy?
2. What forced the shoe industry to produce low-heeled business shoes, according to hooks?
3. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
4. How does hooks' "sisterhood" occur?
5. What do some women blame for forcing them into the workforce, according to Hooks?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)