|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Parenting, Liberating Marriage and Partnership, A Feminist Sexual Politic - An Ethics of Mutual Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the earliest feminist meetings held?
(a) In government buildings.
(b) In the homes of activists.
(c) In classrooms.
(d) In town halls.
2. Where are more women allegedly beaten and murdered?
(a) While running daily errands.
(b) On the streets.
(c) In shelters.
(d) Inside their homes.
3. According to hooks, what did privileged-class white women expect lower classes and blacks to be in the feminist movement?
4. What was the name of the professor who handed out one of hooks' poems?
(a) An anonymous woman.
(b) Abigail Adams.
(c) Diane Middlebrook.
(d) Tillie Olsen.
5. From hooks' point of view, why did many conservative presses consistently present feminists as "man haters"?
(a) To prove a true statement.
(b) To actively encourage hate for women.
(c) To find a way to get others interested in feminism.
(d) To discredit the feminist movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks' description of domestic violence is connected to what kind of domination?
2. Hooks said that which of the following did some women begin to understand that resulted in the focus of feminism shifting away from just the rights of privileged women?
3. Hooks claimed that many women stay in bad relationships for what reason?
4. What message does hooks attribute some feminists as being reluctant to send?
5. What did hooks see as the basis that would ultimately undermine sexism and overthrow patriarchy?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)