|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Parenting, Liberating Marriage and Partnership, A Feminist Sexual Politic - An Ethics of Mutual Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does hooks describe as the anti-feminist backlash that is most damaging to children?
(a) The idea that women should have many children.
(b) The idea that it is dysfunctional for children to be raised in household where a mother is the head.
(c) The idea that women should not be free to work outside the home.
(d) The idea that men should never work at home.
2. Who or what are the victims of the patriarchal system hooks' describes?
(a) The economy.
(b) Men and women.
3. What is defined as gaining power by the exploitation of others?
(a) Power feminism.
(b) Reformist feminism.
(c) Intolerable feminism.
(d) True feminism.
4. Hooks reports that which group was most displaced by high-profile women being put in the spotlight of the feminist movement?
(a) Feminist reformists.
(b) Feminist revolutionaries.
(d) Working-class women.
5. When some feminists within the movement sought to make the movement anti-male, what did hooks claim they deflected?
(a) Female responsibility.
(b) Male responsibility.
(c) White responsibility.
(d) Black responsibility.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message does hooks attribute some feminists as being reluctant to send?
2. Feminist liberation can only be a reality with societal shifts in what field, according to hooks?
3. Hooks claimed that she was how old when she began confronting the issue of racism and demanding change?
4. What movement rose when anti-feminist thinking gave rise?
5. Without addressing the issue of racism in the minds of white feminist leaders, why would feminism be doomed in hooks' perspective?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)