|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Parenting, Liberating Marriage and Partnership, A Feminist Sexual Politic - An Ethics of Mutual Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What forced the shoe industry to produce low-heeled business shoes, according to hooks?
(a) Studies showed they were detrimental to health.
(b) Studies showed they were detrimental to a woman's ability to work.
(c) Businesses banned them.
(d) Some women decided not to wear heeled shoes.
2. Which type of feminist did hooks consider to be most distrusting?
(a) Hispanic feminists.
(b) Black feminists.
(c) White feminists.
(d) Male feminists.
3. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
(a) Universities and colleges.
(b) Mainstream media.
4. Hooks claimed that for feminism to regain momentum, what must be available for the masses, especially the young?
(a) Educational opportunities.
(b) Career opportunities.
(d) Feminist groups and clubs.
5. In which decade did many women begin to choose not to wear bras and girdles?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the other term that hooks uses to describe domestic violence?
2. Hooks claims there is a link between domestic violence and what?
3. What is defined as gaining power by the exploitation of others?
4. Hooks describes the conservative solution for the hard life of working women as what?
5. What do some women blame for forcing them into the workforce, according to Hooks?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)