|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Parenting, Liberating Marriage and Partnership, A Feminist Sexual Politic - An Ethics of Mutual Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who encouraged her students to think first about the fate of women from working-class backgrounds?
(a) Tillie Olsen.
(b) bell hooks.
(c) Abigail Adams.
(d) Diane Middlebrook.
2. From hooks' point of view, why did many conservative presses consistently present feminists as "man haters"?
(a) To find a way to get others interested in feminism.
(b) To prove a true statement.
(c) To actively encourage hate for women.
(d) To discredit the feminist movement.
3. According to hooks, who needed to cede their self-appointed ownership of feminism?
(a) Elderly women.
(b) Black women.
(c) White women.
(d) White men.
4. Hooks claimed that women wanted to be seen most favorably by who?
(a) Their children.
(b) Men who controlled them.
(c) Women who supported them.
(d) Their peers.
5. In a culture of domination, everyone is taught to accept violence as a means of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Great concern exists among feminists for the plight of women in which countries?
2. According to hooks, what changed the face of the feminist movement more than any other factor?
3. Hooks describes which decade as having a resurgence of obsession with appearance?
4. Which group of women struggled most as a result of lower wages, according to hooks?
5. Where were the earliest feminist meetings held?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)