|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Parenting, Liberating Marriage and Partnership, A Feminist Sexual Politic - An Ethics of Mutual Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the second type of new policy that hooks' claims as creating a new underclass of women and children who suffered as a result of patriarchy?
(a) Public strike laws.
(b) Dress code policies.
(c) Welfare assistance.
(d) Minimum wage laws.
2. According to hooks, who needed to cede their self-appointed ownership of feminism?
(a) Black women.
(b) White women.
(c) White men.
(d) Elderly women.
3. As a result of which group's presence, according to hooks, is male domination expected?
(c) Middle Easterners.
4. When the cosmetic industry worried feminism would ruin business, how did mass media portray feminists?
(a) As stupid and naive.
(b) As masculine and ugly.
(c) As intelligent and educated.
(d) As mean and rude.
5. Hooks describes one of the major focuses of the early feminist movement as being what?
(a) Raising girls to believe in themselves.
(b) Raising children free of sexist thinking.
(c) Raising boys to respect girls.
(d) Raising children to become good adults.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to hooks, which forms of violence must be fought against?
2. Which of the following began to overshadow feminist politics, according to hooks?
3. Hooks describes risky cosmetic surgery as occurring where?
4. What does hooks propose the public does to avoid passing on misinformation about feminism?
5. According to hooks, who is feminism not targeting?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)