|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Parenting, Liberating Marriage and Partnership, A Feminist Sexual Politic - An Ethics of Mutual Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks describes which decade as having a resurgence of obsession with appearance?
2. Who sought out dangerous, illegal abortions, according to hooks?
(a) Black women.
(c) Poor and black women.
(d) White women.
3. Which university did hooks attend?
4. How does misinformation spread, in hooks' point of view?
(a) Mass media.
5. According to the text, who runs mass media?
(a) White men.
(b) Black men.
(c) Jewish men.
(d) Asian men.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which decade did many women begin to choose not to wear bras and girdles?
2. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
3. Hooks describes risky cosmetic surgery as occurring where?
4. What was the name of the professor who handed out one of hooks' poems?
5. Hooks proposes that men and women should be given state aid for how long while they pursue a career?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)