|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Parenting, Liberating Marriage and Partnership, A Feminist Sexual Politic - An Ethics of Mutual Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what type of society is every voice heard, according to hooks?
(a) Neutral society.
(b) Patriarchal society.
(c) Revolutionary society.
(d) Feminist society.
2. Which group seems to be writing the most articles in magazines geared toward women, as witnessed by hooks?
(a) Privileged women.
(c) Poor women.
3. According to the text, who runs mass media?
(a) Jewish men.
(b) Black men.
(c) Asian men.
(d) White men.
4. What was the name of the professor who handed out one of hooks' poems?
(a) Abigail Adams.
(b) Diane Middlebrook.
(c) Tillie Olsen.
(d) An anonymous woman.
5. According to hooks, who knew the plight of the black woman better than anybody?
(a) White women who faced sexism at work.
(b) Activists during the civil war.
(c) Activists in the civil rights movement.
(d) Activists during the 1980s.
Short Answer Questions
1. For centuries, what were women taught that their worth was, according to hooks?
2. Hooks describes the conservative solution for the hard life of working women as what?
3. Who should information about feminism be available to, according to hooks?
4. Hooks saw that some white leaders were at first resistant to including the struggles of what type of women in shaping feminist thought?
5. According to hooks, what changed the face of the feminist movement more than any other factor?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)