|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Parenting, Liberating Marriage and Partnership, A Feminist Sexual Politic - An Ethics of Mutual Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anorexia and compulsive overeating are both described by hooks as being diseases with roots in lack of which of the following?
(a) Body weight.
2. Which group seems to be writing the most articles in magazines geared toward women, as witnessed by hooks?
(b) Poor women.
(c) Privileged women.
3. Who should information about feminism be available to, according to hooks?
(d) Young people.
4. What message does hooks attribute some feminists as being reluctant to send?
(a) That the oppressor was always bad.
(b) That men were not allowed to be feminists.
(c) That the oppressor was part of the movement.
(d) That the feminist movement did not welcome new members.
5. What forced the shoe industry to produce low-heeled business shoes, according to hooks?
(a) Studies showed they were detrimental to health.
(b) Studies showed they were detrimental to a woman's ability to work.
(c) Some women decided not to wear heeled shoes.
(d) Businesses banned them.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which classes at her university did hooks feel the most support?
2. According to hooks, who lost their jobs in the 1970s?
3. Betty Friedan's book focused on which type of woman?
4. Who does hooks specifically say should be paid more?
5. According to hooks, who is feminism not targeting?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)