|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Parenting, Liberating Marriage and Partnership, A Feminist Sexual Politic - An Ethics of Mutual Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anorexia and compulsive overeating are both described by hooks as being diseases with roots in lack of which of the following?
(d) Body weight.
2. What is the second factor that hooks alleges will diminish the necessity for abortions?
(a) Free contraception.
(b) Meaningful sex education.
(c) Classes about contraception at community colleges.
(d) Women having less sex.
3. What is defined as gaining power by the exploitation of others?
(a) Intolerable feminism.
(b) Reformist feminism.
(c) Power feminism.
(d) True feminism.
4. Hooks describes risky cosmetic surgery as occurring where?
5. Which groups took the most issue with abortion and contraception?
(a) Christian groups.
(b) Patriarchal groups.
(c) Liberal groups.
(d) Atheist groups.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a consequence hooks describes as resulting from the fashion industry?
2. According to hooks, how many cents out of each dollar that men earned did women earn?
3. According to the text, who runs mass media?
4. Who sought out dangerous, illegal abortions, according to hooks?
5. In a culture of domination, everyone is taught to accept violence as a means of what?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)