|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Our Bodies, Ourselves - Reproductive Rights.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did women come face to face with most with the onset of the sexual revolution?
(a) Unwanted pregnancy.
(b) Sexual assault.
(c) Freedom from oppression.
(d) Sexually transmitted diseases.
2. Who sought out dangerous, illegal abortions, according to hooks?
(a) White women.
(b) Black women.
(c) Poor and black women.
3. In what type of society is every voice heard, according to hooks?
(a) Revolutionary society.
(b) Neutral society.
(c) Feminist society.
(d) Patriarchal society.
4. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
(a) Universities and colleges.
(b) Mainstream media.
5. When feminism first began, hooks explains that which of the following was the second group feminism was split between?
(a) Artistic thinkers.
(b) Cubist thinkers.
(c) Modernist thinkers.
(d) Revolutionary thinkers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which classes at her university did hooks feel the most support?
2. How did the basic tenets of feminism emerge, as told from hooks' perspective?
3. What was the name of the professor who handed out one of hooks' poems?
4. Hooks claims that which group is trying to remove women's studies courses?
5. Where were the earliest feminist meetings held?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)