|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Our Bodies, Ourselves - Reproductive Rights.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the basic tenets of feminism emerge, as told from hooks' perspective?
(a) Through faithfulness to the cause.
(b) Through debates and disagreements.
(c) Through reformist and revolutionary thinking.
(d) Through discrimination and intolerance.
2. Hooks claims that which of the following would diminish the necessity for abortions?
(a) Education about domestic abuse.
(b) Access to contraceptives.
(c) Religious groups.
(d) Abstinence education.
3. What types of abortions have anti-abortion movement groups targeted most?
(a) Abortions for single women.
(b) State-funded abortions.
(c) Abortions covered by insurance companies.
(d) Abortions by black women.
4. Which field did hooks claim the reformist movement focused on?
(d) Law enforcement.
5. In which decade did hooks see the feminist political movement diminish after the sexual revolution?
Short Answer Questions
1. As opportunities grew for women, what type of solidarity began to wither, from hooks' perspective?
2. As a result of which group's presence, according to hooks, is male domination expected?
3. Who, according to hooks, ended up slowing progress because they did not deal with their own internalized sexism?
4. What type of funding does hooks suggest is a goal for the feminist movement in order to read a broad and diverse audience?
5. When did hooks learn about feminist politics?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)