|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Our Bodies, Ourselves - Reproductive Rights.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does hooks describe as one of feminism's greatest foes?
(d) The "enemy within."
2. In the 1970s, which movement was most powerful in hooks' opinion?
(a) Reproductive rights.
(b) Equality in the workplace.
(c) Sexual freedom.
(d) Fighting oppression in the media.
3. What types of abortions have anti-abortion movement groups targeted most?
(a) State-funded abortions.
(b) Abortions for single women.
(c) Abortions by black women.
(d) Abortions covered by insurance companies.
4. Which groups took the most issue with abortion and contraception?
(a) Liberal groups.
(b) Atheist groups.
(c) Patriarchal groups.
(d) Christian groups.
5. In what type of society is every voice heard, according to hooks?
(a) Feminist society.
(b) Patriarchal society.
(c) Revolutionary society.
(d) Neutral society.
Short Answer Questions
1. When feminism first began, which of the following was the first group feminism was split between, as explained by hooks?
2. What is the second factor that hooks alleges will diminish the necessity for abortions?
3. Who, according to hooks, ended up slowing progress because they did not deal with their own internalized sexism?
4. The third goal of feminism is which of the following, according to bell hooks?
5. In which decade did hooks see the feminist political movement diminish after the sexual revolution?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)