|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Our Bodies, Ourselves - Reproductive Rights.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to hooks, who is feminism not targeting?
2. How does hooks' "sisterhood" occur?
(a) Women must stop dominating each other.
(b) Women must stop loving men.
(c) Women must start loving each other.
(d) Women must stop participating in societal patriarchy.
3. Hooks believes that young women growing up at the time the book was written will feel that what issue is no longer a problem?
(b) Sexual harassment.
4. How did the basic tenets of feminism emerge, as told from hooks' perspective?
(a) Through discrimination and intolerance.
(b) Through debates and disagreements.
(c) Through faithfulness to the cause.
(d) Through reformist and revolutionary thinking.
5. How does misinformation spread, in hooks' point of view?
(c) Mass media.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does hooks give for why some women adopted feminist jargon without understanding it?
2. Hooks claimed that women wanted to be seen most favorably by who?
3. Who, according to hooks, ended up slowing progress because they did not deal with their own internalized sexism?
4. Who do women need to stop mimicking, according to hooks?
5. According to the text, who runs mass media?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)