|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Women at Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to hooks, working women received mixed messages from who?
(b) Reformist thinkers.
(c) Revolutionist thinkers.
2. Hooks claims that which group is trying to remove women's studies courses?
3. What was the name of the book Betty Friedan wrote?
(a) The Feminine Mystique.
(b) Feminists and Women.
(c) Becoming a Feminist.
(d) The Feminist Manifesto.
4. Hooks claims that powerful men were threatened by which group of people?
(a) Young women.
(b) White women.
(c) Non-white people.
(d) Black women.
5. Feminist liberation can only be a reality with societal shifts in what field, according to hooks?
(a) Educational elitism.
(b) Racial elitism.
(c) Career elitism.
(d) Class elitism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does hooks give for why some women adopted feminist jargon without understanding it?
2. What types of abortions have anti-abortion movement groups targeted most?
3. Who should information about feminism be available to, according to hooks?
4. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
5. Hooks claims that when consciousness-raising groups re-emerge, who must be included?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)