|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Women at Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which decade did hooks see the feminist political movement diminish after the sexual revolution?
2. What was the most sought after reproductive safegaurd in the sexual revolution?
(b) Birth control pills.
3. What was the second type of new policy that hooks' claims as creating a new underclass of women and children who suffered as a result of patriarchy?
(a) Dress code policies.
(b) Public strike laws.
(c) Welfare assistance.
(d) Minimum wage laws.
4. Hooks claimed that for feminism to regain momentum, what must be available for the masses, especially the young?
(a) Feminist groups and clubs.
(b) Educational opportunities.
(c) Career opportunities.
5. Hooks claims that focusing on what type of rights is necessary to protect the freedom of women?
(a) Reproductive rights.
(b) Educational rights.
(c) Career rights.
(d) Sexual rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks describes the conservative solution for the hard life of working women as what?
2. What do some women blame for forcing them into the workforce, according to Hooks?
3. Which type of feminist did hooks consider to be most distrusting?
4. When did hooks learn about feminist politics?
5. Which type of woman does hooks describe as having the options of both contraceptives and abortions?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)