|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Women at Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, according to hooks, ended up slowing progress because they did not deal with their own internalized sexism?
(a) White women.
(b) Black women.
(c) Working-class women.
(d) High-profile women.
2. According to many reformist thinkers, what made a woman liberated?
(a) If they had children.
(b) If they had their own money.
(c) If they had a job.
(d) If they were happy.
3. What does hooks propose the public does to avoid passing on misinformation about feminism?
(a) Hire more strong female teachers.
(b) Hold feminist group meetings on school campus.
(c) Change school curriculum.
(d) Separate boys and girls in classrooms.
4. Hooks proposes that men and women should be given state aid for how long while they pursue a career?
(a) Less than a year.
(b) 2 years.
(c) While they are in college.
(d) 1 year.
5. How did the basic tenets of feminism emerge, as told from hooks' perspective?
(a) Through reformist and revolutionary thinking.
(b) Through discrimination and intolerance.
(c) Through faithfulness to the cause.
(d) Through debates and disagreements.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the second type of new policy that hooks' claims as creating a new underclass of women and children who suffered as a result of patriarchy?
2. What was the name of the book Betty Friedan wrote?
3. Feminist liberation can only be a reality with societal shifts in what field, according to hooks?
4. Betty Friedan's book focused on which type of woman?
5. Hooks claims that which of the following would diminish the necessity for abortions?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)