|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Women at Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sought out dangerous, illegal abortions, according to hooks?
(a) White women.
(b) Black women.
(c) Poor and black women.
2. Hooks proposes that men and women should be given state aid for how long while they pursue a career?
(a) 1 year.
(b) While they are in college.
(c) Less than a year.
(d) 2 years.
3. According to hooks, which type of activists were among the first to put a voice to inequities in an understandable language?
(a) Activists who were mothers.
(b) Male activists.
(c) Teenage activists.
(d) Lesbian activists.
4. The advent of no-fault divorces tended to favor who, according to hooks?
(c) The government.
5. What type of women were typically reformist thinkers, in hooks' opinion?
(a) High-class women.
(b) Radical women.
(c) Low-class women.
(d) Black women.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to hooks, who did the media focus on when it came to feminist issues?
2. What did women come face to face with most with the onset of the sexual revolution?
3. What does hooks propose the public does to avoid passing on misinformation about feminism?
4. What was the second type of new policy that hooks' claims as creating a new underclass of women and children who suffered as a result of patriarchy?
5. What type of funding does hooks suggest is a goal for the feminist movement in order to read a broad and diverse audience?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)