|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Women at Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of abortions have anti-abortion movement groups targeted most?
(a) Abortions covered by insurance companies.
(b) Abortions for single women.
(c) Abortions by black women.
(d) State-funded abortions.
2. According to hooks, who needed to cede their self-appointed ownership of feminism?
(a) White women.
(b) Elderly women.
(c) White men.
(d) Black women.
3. In the 1970s, which movement was most powerful in hooks' opinion?
(a) Equality in the workplace.
(b) Sexual freedom.
(c) Reproductive rights.
(d) Fighting oppression in the media.
4. According to hooks, who did the media focus on when it came to feminist issues?
(a) Black women.
(c) Working-class women.
(d) High-profile women.
5. In which decade did hooks see the feminist political movement diminish after the sexual revolution?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the book Betty Friedan wrote?
2. Which groups took the most issue with abortion and contraception?
3. What reason does hooks give for why some women adopted feminist jargon without understanding it?
4. Which type of woman does hooks describe as having the options of both contraceptives and abortions?
5. In what decade were women's studies on a solid course toward acceptance?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)