|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Women at Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which type of woman does hooks describe as having the options of both contraceptives and abortions?
(a) Black women.
(b) Privileged women.
(c) Poor women.
(d) White women.
2. According to many reformist thinkers, what made a woman liberated?
(a) If they were happy.
(b) If they had children.
(c) If they had a job.
(d) If they had their own money.
3. According to hooks, who should have access to safe and affordable abortions?
(a) All women.
(b) Young women.
(c) Privileged women.
(d) Black women.
4. According to hooks, who undermines the feminist movement by disingenuously making claim to it?
(a) Women of class.
(b) Women younger than 30.
(c) Women older than 50.
(d) Women of color.
5. What is the second factor that hooks alleges will diminish the necessity for abortions?
(a) Classes about contraception at community colleges.
(b) Meaningful sex education.
(c) Free contraception.
(d) Women having less sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of women were typically reformist thinkers, in hooks' opinion?
2. According to hooks, how many cents out of each dollar that men earned did women earn?
3. What decade did the book Ain't I a Woman address?
4. In the 1970s, which movement was most powerful in hooks' opinion?
5. How did the basic tenets of feminism emerge, as told from hooks' perspective?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)