|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Women at Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the 1970s, which movement was most powerful in hooks' opinion?
(a) Equality in the workplace.
(b) Fighting oppression in the media.
(c) Sexual freedom.
(d) Reproductive rights.
2. Which type of woman does hooks describe as having the options of both contraceptives and abortions?
(a) Privileged women.
(b) White women.
(c) Poor women.
(d) Black women.
3. Hooks reports that which group was most displaced by high-profile women being put in the spotlight of the feminist movement?
(a) Working-class women.
(b) Feminist reformists.
(c) Feminist revolutionaries.
4. Hooks claims that focusing on what type of rights is necessary to protect the freedom of women?
(a) Educational rights.
(b) Sexual rights.
(c) Reproductive rights.
(d) Career rights.
5. In which decade did hooks see the feminist political movement diminish after the sexual revolution?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
2. Hooks claimed that for feminism to regain momentum, what must be available for the masses, especially the young?
3. According to hooks, who should have access to safe and affordable abortions?
4. Who, according to hooks, ended up slowing progress because they did not deal with their own internalized sexism?
5. What decade did the book Ain't I a Woman address?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)