|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Women at Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, according to hooks, ended up slowing progress because they did not deal with their own internalized sexism?
(a) White women.
(b) Working-class women.
(c) Black women.
(d) High-profile women.
2. What type of funding does hooks suggest is a goal for the feminist movement in order to read a broad and diverse audience?
(a) Feminist films.
(b) Feminist publishing company.
(c) Feminist websites.
(d) Feminist TV network.
3. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
(a) Mainstream media.
(c) Universities and colleges.
4. Which type of woman does hooks describe as having the options of both contraceptives and abortions?
(a) Black women.
(b) Poor women.
(c) Privileged women.
(d) White women.
5. The feminist movement urged universities to rediscover what related to women and include it in their curriculum?
Short Answer Questions
1. Betty Friedan's book focused on which type of woman?
2. Hooks describes that what was the first type of new policy that created a new underclass of women and children who suffered as a result of patriarchy?
3. Hooks claims that which group is trying to remove women's studies courses?
4. What do some women blame for forcing them into the workforce, according to Hooks?
5. Who does hooks specifically say should be paid more?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)