|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Women at Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group of women struggled most as a result of lower wages, according to hooks?
(a) White women.
(b) Privileged women.
(c) Black women.
(d) Lower class women.
2. Hooks reports that which group was most displaced by high-profile women being put in the spotlight of the feminist movement?
(a) Feminist revolutionaries.
(b) Feminist reformists.
(c) Working-class women.
3. Hooks proposes that men and women should be given state aid for how long while they pursue a career?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 years.
(c) While they are in college.
(d) Less than a year.
4. What type of women were typically reformist thinkers, in hooks' opinion?
(a) Low-class women.
(b) Black women.
(c) High-class women.
(d) Radical women.
5. What reason does hooks give for why some women adopted feminist jargon without understanding it?
(a) To support and advocate feminism.
(b) To show intolerance of feminism.
(c) To further their careers.
(d) To fit in with their friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did women come face to face with most with the onset of the sexual revolution?
2. What type of funding does hooks suggest is a goal for the feminist movement in order to read a broad and diverse audience?
3. According to hooks, who lost their jobs in the 1970s?
4. In what type of society is every voice heard, according to hooks?
5. Feminist liberation can only be a reality with societal shifts in what field, according to hooks?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)