|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Women at Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does hooks give for why some women adopted feminist jargon without understanding it?
(a) To fit in with their friends.
(b) To further their careers.
(c) To support and advocate feminism.
(d) To show intolerance of feminism.
2. What is the second factor that hooks alleges will diminish the necessity for abortions?
(a) Meaningful sex education.
(b) Women having less sex.
(c) Free contraception.
(d) Classes about contraception at community colleges.
3. According to hooks, who undermines the feminist movement by disingenuously making claim to it?
(a) Women younger than 30.
(b) Women of color.
(c) Women of class.
(d) Women older than 50.
4. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
(b) Universities and colleges.
(c) Mainstream media.
5. In what type of society is every voice heard, according to hooks?
(a) Feminist society.
(b) Revolutionary society.
(c) Neutral society.
(d) Patriarchal society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks reports that which group was most displaced by high-profile women being put in the spotlight of the feminist movement?
2. Hooks describes the conservative solution for the hard life of working women as what?
3. In the 1960s, what fraction of America's women were working?
4. Hooks claims that focusing on what type of rights is necessary to protect the freedom of women?
5. Feminist liberation can only be a reality with societal shifts in what field, according to hooks?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)