|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Women at Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what decade were women's studies on a solid course toward acceptance?
2. According to hooks, who lost their jobs in the 1970s?
(c) College professors.
(d) Factory workers.
3. What do some women blame for forcing them into the workforce, according to Hooks?
(a) The economy.
4. According to hooks, what liberates women?
(b) Men's ideals.
(c) Having reproductive rights.
(d) Economic self-sufficiency.
5. When did hooks learn about feminist politics?
(a) Before she attended elementary school.
(b) When she started writing books.
(c) Before she took feminist classes.
(d) After she graduated from college.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to hooks, who undermines the feminist movement by disingenuously making claim to it?
2. What was the most sought after reproductive safegaurd in the sexual revolution?
3. Which group of women struggled most as a result of lower wages, according to hooks?
4. According to hooks, working women received mixed messages from who?
5. Hooks claims that if men fully understood the negativity caused by sexism in our society, what would never be able to avoid the true goal of feminism?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)