|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Women at Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to hooks, who undermines the feminist movement by disingenuously making claim to it?
(a) Women of class.
(b) Women older than 50.
(c) Women of color.
(d) Women younger than 30.
2. By the 1990s, hooks claims that half the women in America were which of the following?
(d) Working women.
3. Which group of women struggled most as a result of lower wages, according to hooks?
(a) Black women.
(b) Lower class women.
(c) White women.
(d) Privileged women.
4. What was the second type of new policy that hooks' claims as creating a new underclass of women and children who suffered as a result of patriarchy?
(a) Dress code policies.
(b) Welfare assistance.
(c) Public strike laws.
(d) Minimum wage laws.
5. According to many reformist thinkers, what made a woman liberated?
(a) If they had their own money.
(b) If they had a job.
(c) If they were happy.
(d) If they had children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks describes that what was the first type of new policy that created a new underclass of women and children who suffered as a result of patriarchy?
2. What types of abortions have anti-abortion movement groups targeted most?
3. What type of funding does hooks suggest is a goal for the feminist movement in order to read a broad and diverse audience?
4. According to hooks, who should have access to safe and affordable abortions?
5. According to hooks, how many cents out of each dollar that men earned did women earn?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)