|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Women at Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Betty Friedan's book focused on which type of woman?
(b) Business women.
2. What decade did the book Ain't I a Woman address?
3. According to hooks, how many cents out of each dollar that men earned did women earn?
(a) 73 cents.
(b) 90 cents.
(c) 50 cents.
(d) 23 cents.
4. Hooks claims that which of the following would diminish the necessity for abortions?
(a) Abstinence education.
(b) Religious groups.
(c) Access to contraceptives.
(d) Education about domestic abuse.
5. Who sought out dangerous, illegal abortions, according to hooks?
(a) Poor and black women.
(b) Black women.
(d) White women.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the 1990s, hooks claims that half the women in America were which of the following?
2. Hooks claims that which group is trying to remove women's studies courses?
3. What type of funding does hooks suggest is a goal for the feminist movement in order to read a broad and diverse audience?
4. Which group of women struggled most as a result of lower wages, according to hooks?
5. What reason does hooks give for why some women adopted feminist jargon without understanding it?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)