|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Women at Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Feminist liberation can only be a reality with societal shifts in what field, according to hooks?
(a) Educational elitism.
(b) Racial elitism.
(c) Career elitism.
(d) Class elitism.
2. Who should information about feminism be available to, according to hooks?
(a) Young people.
3. How does misinformation spread, in hooks' point of view?
(b) Mass media.
4. What reason does hooks give for why some women adopted feminist jargon without understanding it?
(a) To support and advocate feminism.
(b) To further their careers.
(c) To show intolerance of feminism.
(d) To fit in with their friends.
5. Hooks saw that some white leaders were at first resistant to including the struggles of what type of women in shaping feminist thought?
(a) Elderly women.
(b) Hispanic women.
(c) Black women.
(d) Teenage women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group of women struggled most as a result of lower wages, according to hooks?
2. Hooks describes that what was the first type of new policy that created a new underclass of women and children who suffered as a result of patriarchy?
3. Hooks claimed that many women stay in bad relationships for what reason?
4. Which type of woman does hooks describe as having the options of both contraceptives and abortions?
5. What decade did the book Ain't I a Woman address?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)