|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Women at Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the earliest feminist meetings held?
(a) In classrooms.
(b) In the homes of activists.
(c) In government buildings.
(d) In town halls.
2. What is the second factor that hooks alleges will diminish the necessity for abortions?
(a) Free contraception.
(b) Women having less sex.
(c) Classes about contraception at community colleges.
(d) Meaningful sex education.
3. Hooks claims that focusing on what type of rights is necessary to protect the freedom of women?
(a) Reproductive rights.
(b) Career rights.
(c) Sexual rights.
(d) Educational rights.
4. Feminist liberation can only be a reality with societal shifts in what field, according to hooks?
(a) Educational elitism.
(b) Racial elitism.
(c) Class elitism.
(d) Career elitism.
5. In what decade were women's studies on a solid course toward acceptance?
Short Answer Questions
1. By the 1990s, hooks claims that half the women in America were which of the following?
2. The feminist movement urged universities to rediscover what related to women and include it in their curriculum?
3. When was Ain't I a Woman published?
4. According to hooks, who did the media focus on when it came to feminist issues?
5. In the 1970s, which movement was most powerful in hooks' opinion?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)