Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Women at Work.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does hooks give for why some women adopted feminist jargon without understanding it?
(a) To support and advocate feminism.
(b) To further their careers.
(c) To show intolerance of feminism.
(d) To fit in with their friends.
2. Hooks claims that when consciousness-raising groups re-emerge, who must be included?
3. Which type of woman does hooks describe as having the options of both contraceptives and abortions?
(a) Black women.
(b) White women.
(c) Privileged women.
(d) Poor women.
4. According to hooks, who lost their jobs in the 1970s?
(a) College professors.
(b) Factory workers.
5. According to hooks, how many cents out of each dollar that men earned did women earn?
(a) 50 cents.
(b) 73 cents.
(c) 23 cents.
(d) 90 cents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the earliest feminist meetings held?
2. Hooks claims that which group is trying to remove women's studies courses?
3. According to hooks, which type of activists were among the first to put a voice to inequities in an understandable language?
4. Which type of feminist did hooks consider to be most distrusting?
5. Which group of women struggled most as a result of lower wages, according to hooks?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)