|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Masculinity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks used this term to describe the feminist view of men that is not threatening.
(a) Feminist masculinity.
(b) Feminine men,
(c) Feminist testosterone.
(d) Emasculated men.
2. What type of funding does hooks suggest is a goal for the feminist movement in order to read a broad and diverse audience?
(a) Feminist films.
(b) Feminist TV network.
(c) Feminist websites.
(d) Feminist publishing company.
3. Hooks saw that some white leaders were at first resistant to including the struggles of what type of women in shaping feminist thought?
(a) Elderly women.
(b) Teenage women.
(c) Hispanic women.
(d) Black women.
4. What type of imperialism did hooks describe many feminist leaders as subscribing to?
5. From hooks' point of view, why did many conservative presses consistently present feminists as "man haters"?
(a) To actively encourage hate for women.
(b) To find a way to get others interested in feminism.
(c) To discredit the feminist movement.
(d) To prove a true statement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who should information about feminism be available to, according to hooks?
2. What did some members of the media do to feed into the nation's homophobia?
3. Hooks claimed that for feminism to regain momentum, what must be available for the masses, especially the young?
4. Where does female circumcision occur as mentioned in the text?
5. Which type of feminists were dismayed to learn their leaders were committed to imperialism, according to hooks?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)