|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Masculinity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What movement rose when anti-feminist thinking gave rise?
(a) Children's liberation.
(b) Women's oppression.
(c) Men's liberation movement.
(d) Men's oppression.
2. According to hooks, what did privileged-class white women expect lower classes and blacks to be in the feminist movement?
3. Hooks used this term to describe the feminist view of men that is not threatening.
(a) Feminist testosterone.
(b) Emasculated men.
(c) Feminine men,
(d) Feminist masculinity.
4. Great concern exists among feminists for the plight of women in which countries?
(a) Third-world countries.
(b) Middle eastern countries.
(c) Asian countries.
(d) South American countries.
5. What message does hooks attribute some feminists as being reluctant to send?
(a) That men were not allowed to be feminists.
(b) That the oppressor was part of the movement.
(c) That the oppressor was always bad.
(d) That the feminist movement did not welcome new members.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of feminists were dismayed to learn their leaders were committed to imperialism, according to hooks?
2. What did some members of the media do to feed into the nation's homophobia?
3. What type of funding does hooks suggest is a goal for the feminist movement in order to read a broad and diverse audience?
4. Where does female circumcision occur as mentioned in the text?
5. What does hooks propose the public does to avoid passing on misinformation about feminism?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)