|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Feminist Masculinity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When some feminists within the movement sought to make the movement anti-male, what did hooks claim they deflected?
(a) Black responsibility.
(b) White responsibility.
(c) Female responsibility.
(d) Male responsibility.
2. When did hooks learn about feminist politics?
(a) After she graduated from college.
(b) Before she attended elementary school.
(c) Before she took feminist classes.
(d) When she started writing books.
3. Hooks saw that some white leaders were at first resistant to including the struggles of what type of women in shaping feminist thought?
(a) Black women.
(b) Hispanic women.
(c) Elderly women.
(d) Teenage women.
4. Who or what are the victims of the patriarchal system hooks' describes?
(a) The economy.
(c) Men and women.
5. What seems to be lacking in availability to men to help secure an identity not related to sexism and domination, according to hooks?
(a) Social outlets.
(b) Government programs.
(c) Job security.
(d) Educational venues.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was stereotyped and broadly given a sexist identity, according to hooks?
2. Hooks claimed that for feminism to regain momentum, what must be available for the masses, especially the young?
3. From hooks' point of view, why did many conservative presses consistently present feminists as "man haters"?
4. What does hooks propose the public does to avoid passing on misinformation about feminism?
5. Many feared that radical feminists wanted men to become which of the following?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)