Feminist Politics: Where We Stand
• Hooks claims that the role of feminism is to end sexism, sexist exploitation, and oppression by targeting the structure of society rather than men.
• Early feminism was split between reformist thinkers and revolutionary thinkers.
Consciousness-Raising: A Constant Change of Heart
• The tenets of feminism emerged through debates and disagreements.
• The focus of feminism shifted to high-profile women who could afford universities, which caused displacement of revolutionary feminist thinkers.
Sisterhood Is Still Powerful
• Hooks noticed that her classes at Stanford with both men and women had less women speaking up and voicing their opinions, except in her women's studies courses.
• Hooks claimed that one of feminism's greatest foes was the "enemy within."
Feminist Education for Critical Consciousness
• Education became an important target of the feminist movement, as feminists hoped to have more literature by women included in school curriculum.
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)