|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What realization does the archbishop make about the emperor's tactics in battle?
(a) That the emperor used spies in the battle.
(b) He knows nothing about the emperor's tactics.
(c) That the emperor bribed opposing troops.
(d) That the emperor has used magic to win the battle.
2. What does Menelaus order Helen to do before he left her in Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) Prepare a feast for his return.
(b) Take a vow of silence.
(c) Prepare a sacrifical hearth.
(d) Bathe and robe herself.
3. Who does Faust claim sent him to the emperor?
(a) He claims he was sent by a wizard.
(b) He claims he was sent by Zeus.
(c) He does not say who sent him.
(d) He claims he was sent by the rival emperor.
4. What is the name of the leader of the chorus?
5. What event do Faust and Mephistopheles see taking place at the end of Scene 1 of Act IV?
(a) They witness a battle taking place in the emporer's kingdom.
(b) The witness the rape of Leda.
(c) They wintess a procession of women to a ritual sacrifice.
(d) The witness a shooting star.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the emperor give to the Arch-Marshal in Scene 3 of Act IV?
2. Which God, does Mephistopheles tell the creation myth of to the chorus in Act III?
3. In Act IV, what do the clouds eventually transform into in Scene 1?
4. Who is not a member of Faust's entourage that is mentioned in Scene 2 of Act III?
5. What does the chorus cry as Euphorion falls?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)