|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maia steal from Hephaestus?
2. Why does Faust declare Lynceus's life forfeit?
(a) Because he fails to bow to Faust as he passes.
(b) Because he fails to notice the arrival of Helen.
(c) Because he attempts to kiss Helen.
(d) Because Lynceus has stolen something from Faust.
3. What modern luxurious city does Mephistopheles describe to Faust in Scene 1 of Act IV?
(a) New York.
4. How does the chorus describe Menelaus in Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) As a hero.
(b) They do not mention Menelaus.
(c) As a coward.
(d) As a villan.
5. Where does Faust and Helen flee to at the end of Scene 2 in Act III?
(d) Their place of refuge is not named.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is not a member of Faust's entourage that is mentioned in Scene 2 of Act III?
2. What remains of Euphorion after his fall?
3. What prohibits Speed-booty and Havequick from packing away a pile of gold on their backs?
4. What is Mephistopheles' final action in Act III?
5. Who does the archbishop accuse the emperor of being in league with in Scene 3 of Act IV?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)