|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the son of Helen and Faust?
2. Who does the archbishop accuse the emperor of being in league with in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(b) The rival emperor.
(d) He makes no accusation towards the emperor.
3. Just as Faust begins to tell Mephistopheles his true desires in Scene 1 of Act IV, what does Mephistopheles do?
(a) Leave the scene.
(b) Interupt him.
(c) He begins to ignore Faust and continue talking of fame.
(d) Conjure Wagner to their location.
4. What does Faust embrace as he is lifted into the sky at the end of Act III?
(a) The leader of the chorus.
(b) Helen's garments.
(c) His money.
5. What realization does the archbishop make about the emperor's tactics in battle?
(a) That the emperor has used magic to win the battle.
(b) That the emperor used spies in the battle.
(c) That the emperor bribed opposing troops.
(d) He knows nothing about the emperor's tactics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mephistopheles' final action in Act III?
2. Who does Mephistopheles disguise himself as in Act III?
3. What is Faust wearing when he first meets with the emperor in Act IV?
4. In Act IV, what do the clouds eventually transform into in Scene 1?
5. Who take Euphorion's clothing?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)