|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mephistopheles asks Faust what he desires in Scene 1 of Act IV, how does Faust respond?
(a) Faust claims he does not desire anything.
(b) Faust tells Mephistopheles to guess his desires.
(c) Faust refuses to respond to Mephistopheles's question.
(d) Faust tells Mephistopheles he desires earthly powers.
2. What event do Faust and Mephistopheles see taking place at the end of Scene 1 of Act IV?
(a) The witness the rape of Leda.
(b) The witness a shooting star.
(c) They wintess a procession of women to a ritual sacrifice.
(d) They witness a battle taking place in the emporer's kingdom.
3. What authority does the archbishop demand from the emperor in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) The power to knight soldiers.
(b) The power to release prisoners of war.
(c) The power to grant asylum to refuges.
(d) The power to collect taxes on his territory.
4. What is Helen afraid of in Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) She is afraid she will never again see Paris.
(b) She is afraid of losing her beauty.
(c) She is afraid of being sacrificed by Menelaus.
(d) She is afraid of being attacked by disgruntled servants.
5. Who take Euphorion's clothing?
(c) No one takes his clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What modern luxurious city does Mephistopheles describe to Faust in Scene 1 of Act IV?
2. What does Maia steal from Poseidon?
3. Who does Mephistopheles disguise himself as in Act III?
4. Who is not a member of Faust's entourage that is mentioned in Scene 2 of Act III?
5. What is the name of the leader of the chorus?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)