|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mephistopheles suggest that Helen should hide at the end of Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) In the temple of Zeus.
(b) A castle in the North.
(c) The underworld.
2. What event are the advisers of the emperor excited to plan in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) A trial for the prisoners of war.
(b) A victory banquet.
(c) A triumphant parade.
(d) A masked ball.
3. What does Mephistopheles tell Helen that frightens her in Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) That she will quicly grow old and ugly.
(b) The he is going to eat her.
(c) That her husband intends to sacrifice her.
(d) That the servants are planning on killing her.
4. Which God, does Mephistopheles tell the creation myth of to the chorus in Act III?
5. Who is Helen married to in Scene 1 of Act III?
Short Answer Questions
1. What realization does the archbishop make about the emperor's tactics in battle?
2. How does the emperor respond when he sees Faust in Scene 2 of Act IV?
3. Who supposed to seal the royal documents in Scene 3 of Act IV?
4. What country is the setting of Scene 1 in Act III?
5. What does the landscape remind Mephistopheles of in Scene 1 of Act IV?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the chorus describe Mephistopheles' appearance in Scene 1 of Act III?
2. What does Faust mean when he uses the term "modern" in regards to the palace offered by Mephistopheles in Act IV?
3. What action does the emperor take towards his aides and marshals in Scene 3 of Act IV?
4. What does Faust bid his son to beware of in Act II?
5. Why does Helen leave Faust at the end of Act III?
6. How does the chorus feel in regards to Arcadia in Act III?
7. What does the chorus transform into at the end of Act III?
8. What prompts Euphorion to climb to great heights and fly?
9. What does Faust discuss with his commanders when he learns that Menelaus is coming to regain Helen in Act III?
10. In Act III, what are some of Helen's doubts an fears about Menelaus's intentions?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)