Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the emperor sign at the end of Act IV?
(a) A contract with the archbishop.
(b) A proclamation declaring the festivities.
(c) A treaty with the rival emperor.
(d) A deed of the land to Faust.
2. Who does Faust claim sent him to the emperor?
(a) He does not say who sent him.
(b) He claims he was sent by Zeus.
(c) He claims he was sent by the rival emperor.
(d) He claims he was sent by a wizard.
3. Who pardons Lynceus?
4. Which God, does Mephistopheles tell the creation myth of to the chorus in Act III?
5. Who is attempting to take the kingdom of the emperor in Act IV?
(d) A rival emperor.
6. What does Maia steal from Ares?
(a) His sword.
(b) His bow.
(c) His armor.
(d) His crown.
7. What does the landscape remind Mephistopheles of in Scene 1 of Act IV?
(c) Classical Greece.
(d) His home, hell.
8. What is Mephistopheles' final action in Act III?
(a) To weep for Helen.
(b) To remove the mask of Phorkyas and reveal himself.
(c) To write a letter to Menelaus.
(d) To sing a song in praise of Faust.
9. What does the chorus ask Mephistopheles at the beginning of Scene 3 in Act III?
(a) They ask his identity.
(b) They ask what they should give Faust as a token of appreciation.
(c) They ask where they are.
(d) They ask what has happened in their splendor.
10. What event do Faust and Mephistopheles see taking place at the end of Scene 1 of Act IV?
(a) They witness a battle taking place in the emporer's kingdom.
(b) The witness a shooting star.
(c) They wintess a procession of women to a ritual sacrifice.
(d) The witness the rape of Leda.
11. What help does Faust claim that the necromant is willing to offer the emperor?
(b) Advanced weaponry technology.
(c) Additional troops.
12. At the end of Act IV, what is the outlook of the emperor in regards to his kingdom?
(a) He thinks things wil go back to how they were before the war.
(b) He fears it will be ruined by extortion of the church.
(c) He fears it will be conquered by another rival.
(d) He is hopeful it will prosper.
13. Why does Faust declare Lynceus's life forfeit?
(a) Because he fails to bow to Faust as he passes.
(b) Because he fails to notice the arrival of Helen.
(c) Because Lynceus has stolen something from Faust.
(d) Because he attempts to kiss Helen.
14. What does Mephistopheles tell Helen that frightens her in Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) That the servants are planning on killing her.
(b) The he is going to eat her.
(c) That she will quicly grow old and ugly.
(d) That her husband intends to sacrifice her.
15. When Faust decides to help the emperor, what does Mephistopheles turn him into?
(a) A savvy politician who can soothe the people.
(b) A calveryman.
(c) A skilled soldier.
(d) A general-in-chief with three aides.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the emperor give to the Arch-Marshal in Scene 3 of Act IV?
2. What power does Mephistopheles first offer Faust in Scene 1 of Act IV?
3. What does Helen ask Faust to teach her in Scene 2 of Act III?
4. What is the name of the son of Helen and Faust?
5. What event does Mephistopheles claim caused the creation of the mountains and valleys in Act IV?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)