Short Answer Questions Key
1. In what setting does Faust seek sleep in Act I?
A pleasing landscape.
2. Who sings a song of rejuvenation to Faust?
3. What does Phoebe's wheels symbolize in Act I, Scene 1?
The approach of dawn.
4. When Faust awakens in Act I, what are his impressions of his surroundings?
He finds the landscape to be paradise.
5. Who does the Emperor ask to see in the beginning of Scene 2 of Act I?
6. Who becomes the fool for the emperor in Scene 2 of Act I?
This section contains 4,924 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)