|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ancient mythological figure does the Astrologer compare Faust with in Scene 7 of Act I?
2. Whose journey does the blessed boy's resemble?
(c) The homunculus.
3. What is the name of the daughter of Nereus, who is expected to return to the sea in Act II?
4. Who does Mephistopheles disguise himself as in Act III?
(a) A phorkyad.
5. What shape does Proteus take to transport the homunculus into the ocean on his back?
(a) A dolphin.
(b) A sea horse.
(c) A whale.
(d) A bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Baucis and Philemon die?
2. What does the archbishop want the emperor to build on the land near the battlefield?
3. What does Mephistopheles conjure in the battle to help the emperor in Act IV?
4. How does Mephistopheles plan to take Faust's soul?
5. What does the emperor give to the Arch-Marshal in Scene 3 of Act IV?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)