|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Mephistopheles paid people in the empire in Act I?
(a) With gold he found buried in the kingdom.
(b) He has not paid anyone in the empire.
(c) Through paper notes signed by the emperor.
(d) He paid them with jewels from the emperor's treasure chamber.
2. Who is the brother of Care?
3. What does Menelaus order Helen to do before he left her in Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) Bathe and robe herself.
(b) Prepare a sacrifical hearth.
(c) Prepare a feast for his return.
(d) Take a vow of silence.
4. How does Care believe she can get into Faust's palace in Scene 4 of Act V?
(a) She plans to jump through the window.
(b) She plans to enter in disguise.
(c) She plans to slip in through the keyhole.
(d) She plans to entice Faust to invite her in.
5. What is the setting of Scene 7 in Act I?
(a) The setting is not disclosed.
(b) A beautiful pleasure garden.
(c) A brightly lighted room.
(d) A dimly illuminated Baronial Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has the emperor requested Faust to conjure Helen and Paris?
2. What is the name of Faust's lookout?
3. Where does Faust land at the beginning of Act IV?
4. What form does the homunculus decide to take at the end of Act II?
5. Why does the woman instruct the traveler to be silent upon entering the cottage in Act V?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)