|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which figure guides the living Colossus in Scene 3 of Act I?
2. Which is not a name of the graces mentioned in Scene 3 of Act I?
3. Which despicable and noxious creatures does Mephistopheles eventually find as the true embodiment of ugliness in Act II?
4. What is the setting of Scene 3 in Act IV?
(a) The emperor's tent.
(b) The battlefield.
(c) The mountainside.
(d) The castle.
5. What does Menelaus order Helen to do before he left her in Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) Bathe and robe herself.
(b) Prepare a sacrifical hearth.
(c) Prepare a feast for his return.
(d) Take a vow of silence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Faust claim sent him to the emperor?
2. Who supposed to seal the royal documents in Scene 3 of Act IV?
3. Who does Mephistopheles disguise himself as in Act III?
4. What does the chorus ask Mephistopheles at the beginning of Scene 3 in Act III?
5. At the end of Act IV, what is the outlook of the emperor in regards to his kingdom?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)