|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Faust account for the formation of mountains and valleys in Act IV?
(a) He thinks the mountains were created instantly, but the valleys shaped slowly over millenia.
(b) He thinks they were created in one grand event.
(c) He does not know how they came to be.
(d) He thinks they were created gradually over time.
2. What must Faust descend through to read the location given by the prophetess in Act II?
(a) The home of Hades.
(b) The Garden of Eden.
(c) The Temple of Apollo.
(d) The Temple of Demetrius.
3. Who is not one of the four gray women who visit the palace in Scene 4 of Act V?
4. What does the chorus ask Mephistopheles at the beginning of Scene 3 in Act III?
(a) They ask what they should give Faust as a token of appreciation.
(b) They ask his identity.
(c) They ask what has happened in their splendor.
(d) They ask where they are.
5. Which Old Testament murder does Mephistopheles allude to at the end of Scene 2 in Act V?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Faust and Helen flee to at the end of Scene 2 in Act III?
2. Who is specifically told to remain behind in his study rather than travel with the homunculus to Walpurgis Night?
3. When Mephistopheles asks Faust what he desires in Scene 1 of Act IV, how does Faust respond?
4. What is promised to the blessed boys who died at birth in Scene 7 of Act V?
5. What do the three friends do at the end of Scene 1 in Act V?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)