|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event are the advisers of the emperor excited to plan in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) A trial for the prisoners of war.
(b) A masked ball.
(c) A triumphant parade.
(d) A victory banquet.
2. Who is attempting to take the kingdom of the emperor in Act IV?
(b) A rival emperor.
3. What does Mephistopheles conjure in the battle to help the emperor in Act IV?
(b) A hurricane.
(c) A group of fighting centaurs.
(d) Sea Monsters and St. Elmo's fire.
4. At the end of Act IV, what is the outlook of the emperor in regards to his kingdom?
(a) He fears it will be ruined by extortion of the church.
(b) He is hopeful it will prosper.
(c) He thinks things wil go back to how they were before the war.
(d) He fears it will be conquered by another rival.
5. Who follows Mephistopheles and his torch in Scene 5 of Act V?
(b) Village people.
(c) His three angry henchmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes the fool for the emperor in Scene 2 of Act I?
2. What event does Mephistopheles claim caused the creation of the mountains and valleys in Act IV?
3. What help does Faust claim that the necromant is willing to offer the emperor?
4. Who is not one of the four gray women who visit the palace in Scene 4 of Act V?
5. How does Care believe she can get into Faust's palace in Scene 4 of Act V?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)