|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What remains of Euphorion after his fall?
(a) A small ring of flowers.
(b) His clothing.
(c) His money.
(d) A painting of his face.
2. What does the traveler ask about during his first meal at the cottage in Act V?
(a) He asks about the recent civil war.
(b) He asks about the circulation of paper money.
(c) He asks about the new land and empire of Faust.
(d) He asks about the welfare of their children.
3. Where does the prophetess instruct Faust to look for Helen in Act iI?
(a) The underworld.
(b) The river Thebes.
(c) Mount Olympus.
(d) The Agean Sea.
4. Which despicable and noxious creatures does Mephistopheles eventually find as the true embodiment of ugliness in Act II?
5. Who arrives as Mephistopheles opens the ground to reveal hell in Scene 6 of Act V?
(b) Helen from the underworld.
(c) Several devils from hell.
(d) Euphorion from the underworld.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Faust descend through to read the location given by the prophetess in Act II?
2. What does Mephistopheles introduce himself as to the Sphinxes and sirens?
3. What token does Mephistopheles give Lady to help her regain the affection of her lover in Scene 6 of Act I?
4. After the death of Baucis and Philemon, what action does Mephistopheles and his troop take?
5. Where does Helen go after the chorus tries to assuage her fears in Scene 1 of Act III?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)