|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound does Faust hear in Scene 2 of Act V that angers him?
(a) The whistle of Mephistopheles.
(b) Church bells ringing.
(c) A trumpet of an approaching rival emperor.
(d) A lyre that reminds him of Euphorion.
2. How does Mephistopheles plan to take Faust's soul?
(a) By coercing Faust to accompany him to hell.
(b) By producting his contract.
(c) By ordering Faust's soul to follow him.
(d) By summoning Faust's soul from his grave.
3. Which Old Testament murder does Mephistopheles allude to at the end of Scene 2 in Act V?
4. What instrument accompanies the gardeners in Scene 3 of Act I?
5. What happens when the emperor attempts to examine the treasure chest Faust has brought him in Scene 3 of Act I?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He goes momentarily blind.
(c) His beard catches fire.
(d) He is attacked by a group of beggars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mephistopheles give Faust to help him on his journey to conjure Helen and Paris?
2. What help does Faust claim that the necromant is willing to offer the emperor?
3. What power does Mephistopheles first offer Faust in Scene 1 of Act IV?
4. What does Mephistopheles cure the blonde woman of in Scene 6 of Act I?
5. What science is Wagner practicing in the laboratory when Mephistopheles comes upon him in Scene 2 of Act II?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)