|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the archbishop accuse the emperor of being in league with in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) He makes no accusation towards the emperor.
(c) The rival emperor.
2. What does the emperor sign at the end of Act IV?
(a) A contract with the archbishop.
(b) A proclamation declaring the festivities.
(c) A treaty with the rival emperor.
(d) A deed of the land to Faust.
3. What is the state of Faust at the end of Act I?
(a) He is unconscious.
(b) He is asleep.
(c) He has vanished with Paris and Helen.
(d) He is content and happily visiting with Mephistopheles.
4. Who must Faust go to, in order to conjure Helen and Paris?
(b) The Graces.
(c) The Fates.
(d) The Mothers.
5. Why is Faust desirous to leave the group when the first arrive at Walpurgis Night in Act II?
(a) He is obsessed with finding Helen.
(b) The homunculus suggests that he goes off on his own.
(c) He is upset at Mephistopholes.
(d) He wants to seek out Achilles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faust ask the foreman in Scene 5 of Act V?
2. How did Faust and his men reclaim the land from the sea?
3. Where does Faust land at the beginning of Act IV?
4. What is the setting of Scene 2 in Act V?
5. What reason does the homunculus tell Mephistopheles, to encourage him to take Faust to the classical Walpurgis Night?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)