|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is credited with drawing Faust upwards and cheating the devil.
(a) The homunculus.
(b) The mercy of God.
(d) The eternal feminine.
2. What power does Mephistopheles first offer Faust in Scene 1 of Act IV?
(a) All the riches of the land.
(b) A harem of women.
(c) Power over the ocean.
(d) Power over all nations.
3. What is the name of the woman who greets the traveler at the cottage door in Act V?
4. What event are the advisers of the emperor excited to plan in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) A victory banquet.
(b) A trial for the prisoners of war.
(c) A triumphant parade.
(d) A masked ball.
5. How does the homunculus appear in the beginning of Scene 3 of Act II?
(a) As a slightly darkened cloud.
(b) As water.
(c) As a light in a bottle.
(d) As the reflection on a mirror.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is promised to the blessed boys who died at birth in Scene 7 of Act V?
2. What does Maia steal from Poseidon?
3. Which despicable and noxious creatures does Mephistopheles eventually find as the true embodiment of ugliness in Act II?
4. What does Maia steal from Ares?
5. What does the landscape remind Mephistopheles of in Scene 1 of Act IV?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)