|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mephistopheles' final action in Act III?
(a) To sing a song in praise of Faust.
(b) To remove the mask of Phorkyas and reveal himself.
(c) To weep for Helen.
(d) To write a letter to Menelaus.
2. What does Maia steal from Hephaestus?
3. Who supposed to seal the royal documents in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) The emperor.
(c) The Arch-bishop.
(d) The Chancery.
4. What does the emperor give to the Arch-Marshal in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) A new castle.
(b) A bride.
(c) A new horse.
(d) A sword.
5. How does the chorus describe Menelaus in Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) They do not mention Menelaus.
(b) As a coward.
(c) As a villan.
(d) As a hero.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two "orders" support the throne, according to the Chancellor in Scene 2 of Act I?
2. What country is the setting of Scene 1 in Act III?
3. What does Mephistopheles conjure in the battle to help the emperor in Act IV?
4. Who gives the prologue to Scene 3 in Act II?
5. What does Faust embrace as he is lifted into the sky at the end of Act III?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)