|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Faust claim sent him to the emperor?
(a) He claims he was sent by the rival emperor.
(b) He does not say who sent him.
(c) He claims he was sent by a wizard.
(d) He claims he was sent by Zeus.
2. What does Maia steal from Ares?
(a) His crown.
(b) His bow.
(c) His armor.
(d) His sword.
3. What is the name of the son of Helen and Faust?
4. Who is credited with drawing Faust upwards and cheating the devil.
(b) The eternal feminine.
(c) The mercy of God.
(d) The homunculus.
5. How does the chorus describe Menelaus in Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) They do not mention Menelaus.
(b) As a hero.
(c) As a coward.
(d) As a villan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faust ask the foreman in Scene 5 of Act V?
2. Why does Faust declare Lynceus's life forfeit?
3. What token does Mephistopheles give Lady to help her regain the affection of her lover in Scene 6 of Act I?
4. What ancient mythological figure does the Astrologer compare Faust with in Scene 7 of Act I?
5. Who responds to Mephistopheles ringing the bell in Act II?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)