|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Havequick first want to plunder from the emperor in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) A bag of coins.
(b) The emperor's crown.
(c) A large shield.
(d) A steel-club.
2. What does Menelaus order Helen to do before he left her in Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) Prepare a feast for his return.
(b) Prepare a sacrifical hearth.
(c) Take a vow of silence.
(d) Bathe and robe herself.
3. Why has the emperor requested Faust to conjure Helen and Paris?
(a) He seeks amusement and wants to see their beauty.
(b) Mephistopheles suggested it to him.
(c) He hopes to woo Helen.
(d) He hopes to have Paris lead his army.
4. What is Faust wearing when he first meets with the emperor in Act IV?
(a) Long luxurient robes.
(b) Armor complete with a half-visor.
(c) He is in the classical dress of Greece.
(d) He is dressed as poor villager.
5. Who was an earlier student of Faust that now works as his assistant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Scene 4 in Act I?
2. What time does Faust die?
3. As the chorus insults Mephistopheles in Act III, what is their intention?
4. What is Mephistopheles' final action in Act III?
5. Where does Faust and Helen flee to at the end of Scene 2 in Act III?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)