|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the prophetess instruct Faust to look for Helen in Act iI?
(a) Mount Olympus.
(b) The Agean Sea.
(c) The river Thebes.
(d) The underworld.
2. What is the eldest of the fates?
3. According to Faust's dream, who is the mother of Helen?
4. Where does Faust meet Mephistopheles in Scene 5 of Act I?
(a) In the busy grand dining hall.
(b) In a meadow.
(c) A dark corridor in the palace.
(d) By the fountains in the gardens of the emperor.
5. What follows Mephistopheles and Helen as they flee at the end of Scene 1 in Act III?
(a) A group of phorkyads.
(b) Several hopeful suitors for Helen.
(c) A dark cloud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the daughter of Nereus, who is expected to return to the sea in Act II?
2. Who is not one of the aides to Faust in Act IV?
3. What instrument accompanies the gardeners in Scene 3 of Act I?
4. Where does Faust and Helen flee to at the end of Scene 2 in Act III?
5. What event do Faust and Mephistopheles see taking place at the end of Scene 1 of Act IV?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)