|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ailment of the Brunette does Mephistopheles cure in Scene 6 of Act I?
(a) A sick stomach.
(b) A cramped hand.
(c) A frozen foot.
(d) A headache.
2. What does Mephistopheles give Faust to help him on his journey to conjure Helen and Paris?
(a) A dark cloak.
(b) A password.
(c) A map of the underworld.
(d) A magical key.
3. Who take Euphorion's clothing?
(a) No one takes his clothing.
4. Why does the woman instruct the traveler to be silent upon entering the cottage in Act V?
(a) Her baby is sleeping.
(b) She has a horrible headache.
(c) She is afraid her neighbors will know of the travelers arrival.
(d) Her husband is sleeping.
5. What has Faust offered Baucis and Philemon for their land?
(a) He has offered them a mere pittance for their land.
(b) A hefty sum.
(c) A different plot of land with a cottage.
(d) He has threatened to imprison them if they don't move.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Act IV, what form do the clouds take on first?
2. When Mephistopheles asks Faust what he desires in Scene 1 of Act IV, how does Faust respond?
3. Who is not a member of Faust's entourage that is mentioned in Scene 2 of Act III?
4. What is the setting of Scene 3 in Act IV?
5. How does the traveler dies in Act V?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)