|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Faust's dream, who is the mother of Helen?
2. What form does the homunculus decide to take at the end of Act II?
(b) He decides to not take a form, but remain shapeless.
3. What is the name of Faust's lookout?
4. What does Faust embrace as he is lifted into the sky at the end of Act III?
(a) His money.
(b) Helen's garments.
(d) The leader of the chorus.
5. Where have Faust and Helen been staying in Scene 3 of Act III?
(a) On a ship belonging to Paris.
(b) In an elaborate palace.
(c) Some caves.
(d) In a cottage by the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pardons Lynceus?
2. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Paris?
3. How does the homunculus appear in the beginning of Scene 3 of Act II?
4. Who tells the emperor they are out of wine in Scene 2 of Act I?
5. What science is Wagner practicing in the laboratory when Mephistopheles comes upon him in Scene 2 of Act II?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)