|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the prophetess instruct Faust to look for Helen in Act iI?
(a) The Agean Sea.
(b) The river Thebes.
(c) Mount Olympus.
(d) The underworld.
2. Why has the emperor requested Faust to conjure Helen and Paris?
(a) Mephistopheles suggested it to him.
(b) He hopes to woo Helen.
(c) He hopes to have Paris lead his army.
(d) He seeks amusement and wants to see their beauty.
3. What ancient mythological figure does the Astrologer compare Faust with in Scene 7 of Act I?
4. What is the opinion of the men of court of Helen?
(a) They dislike her.
(b) They can't see her.
(c) They are indifferent to her.
(d) They find her very beautiful.
5. What does Maia steal from Ares?
(a) His bow.
(b) His armor.
(c) His sword.
(d) His crown.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the astrologer in Scene 2, what is the fairest star?
2. Who does the Emperor ask to see in the beginning of Scene 2 of Act I?
3. What does Maia steal from Poseidon?
4. Where have Faust and Helen been staying in Scene 3 of Act III?
5. What is the job of Nereus?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)