|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is specifically told to remain behind in his study rather than travel with the homunculus to Walpurgis Night?
2. As the chorus insults Mephistopheles in Act III, what is their intention?
(a) They hope he will lose his temper.
(b) They hope to make him laugh.
(c) They hope to learn his name.
(d) They hope to scare him away.
3. What is the setting of Scene 3 in Act II?
(a) The plains of Pharsalus.
(b) The temple of Athena.
(c) The main square of Athens.
(d) The setting is not given.
4. Which God, does Mephistopheles tell the creation myth of to the chorus in Act III?
5. What instrument accompanies the garden girls in Scene 3 of Act I?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting in the beginning of Act II?
2. According to Faust's dream, who is the father of Helen?
3. What country is the setting of Scene 1 in Act III?
4. Why does Helen promptly return to the chorus after she leaves in Scene 1 of Act III?
5. Where does Faust and Helen flee to at the end of Scene 2 in Act III?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)