|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Maia the patron god of?
(a) Princes and Kings.
(c) Fishermen and sailors.
(d) Thieves and rascals.
2. What does Faust embrace as he is lifted into the sky at the end of Act III?
(b) The leader of the chorus.
(c) Helen's garments.
(d) His money.
3. How does the homunculus appear in the beginning of Scene 3 of Act II?
(a) As a light in a bottle.
(b) As a slightly darkened cloud.
(c) As water.
(d) As the reflection on a mirror.
4. What does Maia steal from Ares?
(a) His armor.
(b) His bow.
(c) His crown.
(d) His sword.
5. What ancient mythological figure does the Astrologer compare Faust with in Scene 7 of Act I?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which God, does Mephistopheles tell the creation myth of to the chorus in Act III?
2. What does Wagner believe the sound of the bell accompanying Mephistopheles in Act II signals?
3. Where does Mephistopheles place Faust at the beginning of Act II?
4. Why does Helen promptly return to the chorus after she leaves in Scene 1 of Act III?
5. What does Phoebe's wheels symbolize in Act I, Scene 1?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)