|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the eldest of the fates?
2. Where does Faust meet Mephistopheles in Scene 5 of Act I?
(a) In a meadow.
(b) A dark corridor in the palace.
(c) By the fountains in the gardens of the emperor.
(d) In the busy grand dining hall.
3. What is the setting of Scene 7 in Act I?
(a) A dimly illuminated Baronial Hall.
(b) A beautiful pleasure garden.
(c) A brightly lighted room.
(d) The setting is not disclosed.
4. Why is Wagner successful in creating the homunculus in Scene II of Act II?
(a) He uses a new procedure.
(b) He is not successful in creating the homunculus.
(c) He has several students assisting him.
(d) He is aided by Mephistopheles.
5. According to Faust's dream, who is the father of Helen?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Helen go after the chorus tries to assuage her fears in Scene 1 of Act III?
2. Who pardons Lynceus?
3. Which God, does Mephistopheles tell the creation myth of to the chorus in Act III?
4. Who tells Faust and Helen that Menelaus has arrived with his armies?
5. Who take Euphorion's clothing?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)