|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maia steal from Hephaestus?
2. What is the setting of Scene 7 in Act I?
(a) A beautiful pleasure garden.
(b) A dimly illuminated Baronial Hall.
(c) A brightly lighted room.
(d) The setting is not disclosed.
3. Where does Faust meet Mephistopheles in Scene 5 of Act I?
(a) By the fountains in the gardens of the emperor.
(b) In the busy grand dining hall.
(c) A dark corridor in the palace.
(d) In a meadow.
4. Who tells the emperor they are out of wine in Scene 2 of Act I?
(a) The Field Marshal.
(b) The Chancellor.
(c) The Steward.
5. Why does Helen promptly return to the chorus after she leaves in Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) She is frightened of a creature in the palace.
(b) She is lonely and quickly seeks company from the chorus.
(c) She has forgotten her shawl, which she needs to enter the temple.
(d) A messenger brings her word to return.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mephistopheles disguise himself as in Act III?
2. What does the chorus ask Mephistopheles at the beginning of Scene 3 in Act III?
3. What does Mephistopheles tell Helen that frightens her in Scene 1 of Act III?
4. Which group of people does Baccalaureus feel should be shot?
5. Who has replaced Faust in his position at the University in Act II?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)