|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mephistopheles give Faust to help him on his journey to conjure Helen and Paris?
(a) A map of the underworld.
(b) A dark cloak.
(c) A magical key.
(d) A password.
2. What ailment of the Brunette does Mephistopheles cure in Scene 6 of Act I?
(a) A sick stomach.
(b) A frozen foot.
(c) A headache.
(d) A cramped hand.
3. What is the opinion of the men of court of Helen?
(a) They dislike her.
(b) They can't see her.
(c) They are indifferent to her.
(d) They find her very beautiful.
4. Why has the emperor requested Faust to conjure Helen and Paris?
(a) He hopes to woo Helen.
(b) He seeks amusement and wants to see their beauty.
(c) Mephistopheles suggested it to him.
(d) He hopes to have Paris lead his army.
5. Where does Faust meet Mephistopheles in Scene 5 of Act I?
(a) By the fountains in the gardens of the emperor.
(b) In a meadow.
(c) In the busy grand dining hall.
(d) A dark corridor in the palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shape does Proteus take to transport the homunculus into the ocean on his back?
2. Why does Helen promptly return to the chorus after she leaves in Scene 1 of Act III?
3. What does Menelaus order Helen to do before he left her in Scene 1 of Act III?
4. Who gives the prologue to Scene 3 in Act II?
5. What is the eldest of the fates?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)