|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the daughter of Nereus, who is expected to return to the sea in Act II?
2. Where does Faust meet Mephistopheles in Scene 5 of Act I?
(a) By the fountains in the gardens of the emperor.
(b) A dark corridor in the palace.
(c) In a meadow.
(d) In the busy grand dining hall.
3. Who responds to Mephistopheles ringing the bell in Act II?
4. What does Mephistopheles introduce himself as to the Sphinxes and sirens?
(a) The Lost Seeker.
(b) The Ultimate Riddle.
(d) The Old Iniquity.
5. What science is Wagner practicing in the laboratory when Mephistopheles comes upon him in Scene 2 of Act II?
(a) Molecular Biology.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Faust declare Lynceus's life forfeit?
2. What does the chorus ask Mephistopheles at the beginning of Scene 3 in Act III?
3. What news does the marshal bring the emperor in the beginning of Scene 4 of Act I?
4. Where have Faust and Helen been staying in Scene 3 of Act III?
5. When Faust awakens in Act I, what are his impressions of his surroundings?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)