|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen ask Faust to teach her in Scene 2 of Act III?
(a) To sing.
(b) To play a lute.
(c) To dance.
(d) To speak in rhyme.
2. Which figure guides the living Colossus in Scene 3 of Act I?
3. What does the chorus ask Mephistopheles at the beginning of Scene 3 in Act III?
(a) They ask where they are.
(b) They ask what they should give Faust as a token of appreciation.
(c) They ask what has happened in their splendor.
(d) They ask his identity.
4. What follows Mephistopheles and Helen as they flee at the end of Scene 1 in Act III?
(a) A dark cloud.
(b) A group of phorkyads.
(d) Several hopeful suitors for Helen.
5. Who is the first mind that is read by the homunculus?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mephistopheles cure the blonde woman of in Scene 6 of Act I?
2. How does the homunculus appear in the beginning of Scene 3 of Act II?
3. What does Maia steal from Ares?
4. Who does the Emperor ask to see in the beginning of Scene 2 of Act I?
5. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Helen?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)