|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mephistopheles cure the blonde woman of in Scene 6 of Act I?
2. According to Faust's dream, who is the father of Helen?
3. Who gives the prologue to Scene 3 in Act II?
(c) The homonculus.
4. What country is the setting of Scene 1 in Act III?
(c) The country is not given.
5. Where have Faust and Helen been staying in Scene 3 of Act III?
(a) In a cottage by the sea.
(b) Some caves.
(c) On a ship belonging to Paris.
(d) In an elaborate palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mephistopheles introduce himself as to the Sphinxes and sirens?
2. Which mythical group suggests that Faust seek out Chiron?
3. Which figure guides the living Colossus in Scene 3 of Act I?
4. What are the names of the two philosophers that the homunculus comes upon in Scene 3 of Act II?
5. What ailment of the Brunette does Mephistopheles cure in Scene 6 of Act I?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)