|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of the two philosophers that the homunculus comes upon in Scene 3 of Act II?
(a) Socrates and Plato.
(b) Anaxagoras and Thales.
(c) Heraclitus and Thales.
(d) Anaxagoras and Xenophanes.
2. What is the setting of Scene 7 in Act I?
(a) The setting is not disclosed.
(b) A brightly lighted room.
(c) A beautiful pleasure garden.
(d) A dimly illuminated Baronial Hall.
3. Which famous figure did Chiron tutor?
4. What form does the homunculus decide to take at the end of Act II?
(d) He decides to not take a form, but remain shapeless.
5. Who sings a song of rejuvenation to Faust?
(a) Fairies of the field.
(b) The flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes the fool for the emperor in Scene 2 of Act I?
2. What does Mephistopheles introduce himself as to the Sphinxes and sirens?
3. What is Helen afraid of in Scene 1 of Act III?
4. What does Maia steal from Zeus?
5. Who must Faust go to, in order to conjure Helen and Paris?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)