|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ancient mythological figure does the Astrologer compare Faust with in Scene 7 of Act I?
2. What is the name of the prophetess that Chiron takes Faust to in Act II?
3. What is the eldest of the fates?
4. What is the setting of Scene 7 in Act I?
(a) A brightly lighted room.
(b) The setting is not disclosed.
(c) A dimly illuminated Baronial Hall.
(d) A beautiful pleasure garden.
5. How does the chorus describe Menelaus in Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) They do not mention Menelaus.
(b) As a coward.
(c) As a villan.
(d) As a hero.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mephistopheles suggest that Helen should hide at the end of Scene 1 of Act III?
2. According to the astrologer in Scene 2, what is the fairest star?
3. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Helen?
4. Who is specifically told to remain behind in his study rather than travel with the homunculus to Walpurgis Night?
5. What does Faust distribute to the crowd in Scene 3 of Act I?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)