|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phoebe's wheels symbolize in Act I, Scene 1?
(a) A thunder storm.
(b) The rising moon.
(c) The setting sun.
(d) The approach of dawn.
2. What news does the marshal bring the emperor in the beginning of Scene 4 of Act I?
(a) He tells the emperor that all of his debts have been paid in full.
(b) He tells the emperor that the people have built a statue for him.
(c) He tells the emperor that the people are rioting.
(d) He tells the emperor a civil war has broken out.
3. What is the name of the daughter of Nereus, who is expected to return to the sea in Act II?
4. Who was an earlier student of Faust that now works as his assistant?
5. What form does the homunculus decide to take at the end of Act II?
(c) He decides to not take a form, but remain shapeless.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous figure did Chiron tutor?
2. Who has replaced Faust in his position at the University in Act II?
3. What does the chorus ask Mephistopheles at the beginning of Scene 3 in Act III?
4. What instrument accompanies the gardeners in Scene 3 of Act I?
5. According to Mephistopheles, what must one possess to receive miracles?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)