|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who must Faust go to, in order to conjure Helen and Paris?
(a) The Mothers.
(b) The Graces.
(c) The Fates.
2. What is the setting of Scene 3 in Act II?
(a) The main square of Athens.
(b) The temple of Athena.
(c) The setting is not given.
(d) The plains of Pharsalus.
3. Which despicable and noxious creatures does Mephistopheles eventually find as the true embodiment of ugliness in Act II?
4. What is the eldest of the fates?
5. What instrument accompanies the gardeners in Scene 3 of Act I?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives the prologue to Scene 3 in Act II?
2. What two "orders" support the throne, according to the Chancellor in Scene 2 of Act I?
3. What remains of Euphorion after his fall?
4. What token does Mephistopheles give Lady to help her regain the affection of her lover in Scene 6 of Act I?
5. Where does Faust meet Mephistopheles in Scene 5 of Act I?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)