|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form does the homunculus decide to take at the end of Act II?
(b) He decides to not take a form, but remain shapeless.
2. Why does Helen promptly return to the chorus after she leaves in Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) A messenger brings her word to return.
(b) She is lonely and quickly seeks company from the chorus.
(c) She is frightened of a creature in the palace.
(d) She has forgotten her shawl, which she needs to enter the temple.
3. What holiday is the court preparing to celebrate in Act I?
(b) Day of the Kings.
(c) May Day.
(d) Winter Solstice.
4. Who becomes the fool for the emperor in Scene 2 of Act I?
(c) The chancellor.
5. Why does Faust try to dispel Paris in Scene 7 of Act I?
(a) Mephistopheles instructs him to.
(b) He is bored with Paris.
(c) He wants Helen for himself.
(d) He's trying to protect Paris from the men at court.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the opinion of the men of court of Helen?
2. What does Mephistopheles introduce himself as to the Sphinxes and sirens?
3. What is the name of the son of Helen and Faust?
4. Who is the first mind that is read by the homunculus?
5. What is Mephistopheles' final action in Act III?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)