|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was an earlier student of Faust that now works as his assistant?
2. What is Mephistopheles' final action in Act III?
(a) To remove the mask of Phorkyas and reveal himself.
(b) To write a letter to Menelaus.
(c) To weep for Helen.
(d) To sing a song in praise of Faust.
3. What does Maia steal from Ares?
(a) His crown.
(b) His sword.
(c) His bow.
(d) His armor.
4. Who tells Faust and Helen that Menelaus has arrived with his armies?
(c) No one tells Faust, he sees his approach.
5. Which God, does Mephistopheles tell the creation myth of to the chorus in Act III?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the prophetess that Chiron takes Faust to in Act II?
2. Why is Faust desirous to leave the group when the first arrive at Walpurgis Night in Act II?
3. What is the job of Nereus?
4. Who must Faust go to, in order to conjure Helen and Paris?
5. Who becomes the fool for the emperor in Scene 2 of Act I?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)