|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group of people does Baccalaureus feel should be shot?
(a) Single females.
(b) Inexperienced youth.
(c) Men over thirty.
(d) All professors.
2. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Paris?
(a) They find him beautiful.
(b) They are indifferent to him.
(c) They dislike him.
(d) They are jealous of him.
3. Who responds to Mephistopheles ringing the bell in Act II?
4. What country is the setting of Scene 1 in Act III?
(d) The country is not given.
5. What follows Mephistopheles and Helen as they flee at the end of Scene 1 in Act III?
(a) A group of phorkyads.
(c) A dark cloud.
(d) Several hopeful suitors for Helen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phoebe's wheels symbolize in Act I, Scene 1?
2. Where does Faust and Helen flee to at the end of Scene 2 in Act III?
3. Why is Faust desirous to leave the group when the first arrive at Walpurgis Night in Act II?
4. According to Faust's dream, who is the father of Helen?
5. What event prompts Anaxagoras to believe he won the philosophical debate in Scene 3 of Act II?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)