|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the daughter of Nereus, who is expected to return to the sea in Act II?
2. What is the name of the leader of the chorus?
3. What is the Maia the patron god of?
(b) Fishermen and sailors.
(c) Princes and Kings.
(d) Thieves and rascals.
4. Where does Mephistopheles suggest that Helen should hide at the end of Scene 1 of Act III?
(b) The underworld.
(c) A castle in the North.
(d) In the temple of Zeus.
5. What is the setting in the beginning of Act II?
(a) Faust's study.
(b) A pleasing countryside.
(c) Ancient Greece.
(d) The imperial court.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which figure guides the living Colossus in Scene 3 of Act I?
2. What are the female vampires called who Mephistopheles meets in Act II?
3. What must Faust descend through to read the location given by the prophetess in Act II?
4. What type of creature is Chiron?
5. Which is not a name of the graces mentioned in Scene 3 of Act I?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)