|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first mind that is read by the homunculus?
2. What is Mephistopheles' final action in Act III?
(a) To remove the mask of Phorkyas and reveal himself.
(b) To sing a song in praise of Faust.
(c) To write a letter to Menelaus.
(d) To weep for Helen.
3. Who is Helen married to in Scene 1 of Act III?
4. What science is Wagner practicing in the laboratory when Mephistopheles comes upon him in Scene 2 of Act II?
(a) Molecular Biology.
5. Where have Faust and Helen been staying in Scene 3 of Act III?
(a) In a cottage by the sea.
(b) In an elaborate palace.
(c) On a ship belonging to Paris.
(d) Some caves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form does the homunculus decide to take at the end of Act II?
2. According to Faust's dream, who is the father of Helen?
3. Who is the queen of the dead as featured in Act II?
4. How does the group travel with the homunculus to Walpurgis Night in Scene 2 of Act II?
5. Why is Wagner successful in creating the homunculus in Scene II of Act II?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)