|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting in the beginning of Act II?
(a) Ancient Greece.
(b) The imperial court.
(c) Faust's study.
(d) A pleasing countryside.
2. Who was an earlier student of Faust that now works as his assistant?
3. What is the opinion of the men of court of Helen?
(a) They find her very beautiful.
(b) They are indifferent to her.
(c) They can't see her.
(d) They dislike her.
4. What are the female vampires called who Mephistopheles meets in Act II?
5. What news does the marshal bring the emperor in the beginning of Scene 4 of Act I?
(a) He tells the emperor that the people are rioting.
(b) He tells the emperor that all of his debts have been paid in full.
(c) He tells the emperor that the people have built a statue for him.
(d) He tells the emperor a civil war has broken out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is specifically told to remain behind in his study rather than travel with the homunculus to Walpurgis Night?
2. Where does Faust meet Mephistopheles in Scene 5 of Act I?
3. What happens when the emperor attempts to examine the treasure chest Faust has brought him in Scene 3 of Act I?
4. According to Faust's dream, who is the father of Helen?
5. What is the setting of Scene 7 in Act I?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)