|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is not a name of the graces mentioned in Scene 3 of Act I?
2. When Faust awakens in Act I, what are his impressions of his surroundings?
(a) He finds everything dark and dreary.
(b) He barely notices his surroundings.
(c) He finds the area just the way he remembers it, unchanging.
(d) He finds the landscape to be paradise.
3. Where does the prophetess instruct Faust to look for Helen in Act iI?
(a) The Agean Sea.
(b) The river Thebes.
(c) The underworld.
(d) Mount Olympus.
4. According to the astrologer in Scene 2, what is the fairest star?
5. What shape does Proteus take to transport the homunculus into the ocean on his back?
(a) A sea horse.
(b) A bird.
(c) A whale.
(d) A dolphin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the god of wealth that Faust dresses as in Scene 3 of Act I?
2. Which famous figure did Chiron tutor?
3. Why is Faust desirous to leave the group when the first arrive at Walpurgis Night in Act II?
4. Who becomes the fool for the emperor in Scene 2 of Act I?
5. What must Faust descend through to read the location given by the prophetess in Act II?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)