|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Mephistopheles paid people in the empire in Act I?
(a) Through paper notes signed by the emperor.
(b) With gold he found buried in the kingdom.
(c) He has not paid anyone in the empire.
(d) He paid them with jewels from the emperor's treasure chamber.
2. Who gives the prologue to Scene 3 in Act II?
(c) The homonculus.
3. How does the homunculus appear in the beginning of Scene 3 of Act II?
(a) As the reflection on a mirror.
(b) As water.
(c) As a light in a bottle.
(d) As a slightly darkened cloud.
4. Who tells the emperor they are out of wine in Scene 2 of Act I?
(a) The Field Marshal.
(b) The Steward.
(c) The Chancellor.
5. What is the state of Faust at the end of Act I?
(a) He is unconscious.
(b) He is content and happily visiting with Mephistopheles.
(c) He has vanished with Paris and Helen.
(d) He is asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Helen?
2. According to Mephistopheles, what must one possess to receive miracles?
3. What type of creature is Chiron?
4. Which famous figure did Chiron tutor?
5. What does Phoebe's wheels symbolize in Act I, Scene 1?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)