|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form does the homunculus decide to take at the end of Act II?
(c) He decides to not take a form, but remain shapeless.
2. How does the group travel with the homunculus to Walpurgis Night in Scene 2 of Act II?
(a) They travel through time and space to classical Greece.
(b) They appeal to the Mothers to make their journey.
(c) They physcially walk to Walpurgis Night.
(d) They all take sleeping draughts and travel in their dreams together.
3. What ailment of the Brunette does Mephistopheles cure in Scene 6 of Act I?
(a) A frozen foot.
(b) A sick stomach.
(c) A headache.
(d) A cramped hand.
4. What type of creature is Chiron?
(a) A centaur.
(b) A demi-god.
(c) A nymph.
(d) A faun.
5. What instrument accompanies the garden girls in Scene 3 of Act I?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not a name of the graces mentioned in Scene 3 of Act I?
2. What ancient mythological figure does the Astrologer compare Faust with in Scene 7 of Act I?
3. What token does Mephistopheles give Lady to help her regain the affection of her lover in Scene 6 of Act I?
4. What is the name of the prophetess that Chiron takes Faust to in Act II?
5. What is the name of the shape-shifting god of forms, who homunculus is advised to seek out in the end of Scene 3 in Act II?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)