|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shape does Proteus take to transport the homunculus into the ocean on his back?
(a) A whale.
(b) A bird.
(c) A sea horse.
(d) A dolphin.
2. What is the setting of Scene 7 in Act I?
(a) A beautiful pleasure garden.
(b) A brightly lighted room.
(c) A dimly illuminated Baronial Hall.
(d) The setting is not disclosed.
3. Who is the first mind that is read by the homunculus?
4. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Helen?
(a) They are jealous of her.
(b) They try to emulate her.
(c) They adore her.
(d) They are indifferent to her.
5. What is the name of the prophetess that Chiron takes Faust to in Act II?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the daughter of Nereus, who is expected to return to the sea in Act II?
2. Who sings a song of rejuvenation to Faust?
3. Where does Mephistopheles place Faust at the beginning of Act II?
4. What type of creature is Chiron?
5. How has Mephistopheles paid people in the empire in Act I?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)