|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What token does Mephistopheles give Lady to help her regain the affection of her lover in Scene 6 of Act I?
(a) A feather.
(b) A stone.
(c) A coal.
(d) A flower.
2. What science is Wagner practicing in the laboratory when Mephistopheles comes upon him in Scene 2 of Act II?
(c) Molecular Biology.
3. When Faust awakens in Act I, what are his impressions of his surroundings?
(a) He finds everything dark and dreary.
(b) He finds the area just the way he remembers it, unchanging.
(c) He barely notices his surroundings.
(d) He finds the landscape to be paradise.
4. What is the setting of Scene 4 in Act I?
(a) The countryside.
(b) The city center and site of the Carnvial celebration.
(c) The cathedral.
(d) The pleasure gardens of the imperial court.
5. What is the setting of Scene 3 in Act II?
(a) The plains of Pharsalus.
(b) The setting is not given.
(c) The temple of Athena.
(d) The main square of Athens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was an earlier student of Faust that now works as his assistant?
2. What event prompts Anaxagoras to believe he won the philosophical debate in Scene 3 of Act II?
3. What does Faust distribute to the crowd in Scene 3 of Act I?
4. What does Phoebe's wheels symbolize in Act I, Scene 1?
5. What type of creature is Chiron?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)