|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Mephistopheles paid people in the empire in Act I?
(a) Through paper notes signed by the emperor.
(b) He paid them with jewels from the emperor's treasure chamber.
(c) He has not paid anyone in the empire.
(d) With gold he found buried in the kingdom.
2. What science is Wagner practicing in the laboratory when Mephistopheles comes upon him in Scene 2 of Act II?
(c) Molecular Biology.
3. In what setting does Faust seek sleep in Act I?
(a) In a quiet cottage.
(b) A pleasing landscape.
(c) At home in his study.
(d) At the imperial court.
4. Who must Faust go to, in order to conjure Helen and Paris?
(a) The Graces.
(b) The Mothers.
(d) The Fates.
5. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Helen?
(a) They try to emulate her.
(b) They adore her.
(c) They are jealous of her.
(d) They are indifferent to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the homunculus tell Mephistopheles, to encourage him to take Faust to the classical Walpurgis Night?
2. Which mythical group suggests that Faust seek out Chiron?
3. What holiday is the court preparing to celebrate in Act I?
4. What instrument accompanies the gardeners in Scene 3 of Act I?
5. What is the job of Nereus?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)