|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Paris?
(a) They dislike him.
(b) They are indifferent to him.
(c) They find him beautiful.
(d) They are jealous of him.
2. Which is not a name of the graces mentioned in Scene 3 of Act I?
3. How does the homunculus appear in the beginning of Scene 3 of Act II?
(a) As the reflection on a mirror.
(b) As a slightly darkened cloud.
(c) As a light in a bottle.
(d) As water.
4. What type of creature is Chiron?
(a) A demi-god.
(b) A faun.
(c) A nymph.
(d) A centaur.
5. Why does Faust try to dispel Paris in Scene 7 of Act I?
(a) Mephistopheles instructs him to.
(b) He is bored with Paris.
(c) He wants Helen for himself.
(d) He's trying to protect Paris from the men at court.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mephistopheles introduce himself as to the Sphinxes and sirens?
2. Who sings a song of rejuvenation to Faust?
3. What is the setting of Scene 3 in Act II?
4. According to Faust's dream, who is the father of Helen?
5. What are the names of the two philosophers that the homunculus comes upon in Scene 3 of Act II?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)