|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the homunculus appear in the beginning of Scene 3 of Act II?
(a) As water.
(b) As a light in a bottle.
(c) As a slightly darkened cloud.
(d) As the reflection on a mirror.
2. Which group of people does Baccalaureus feel should be shot?
(a) All professors.
(b) Inexperienced youth.
(c) Men over thirty.
(d) Single females.
3. What is the setting in the beginning of Act II?
(a) Ancient Greece.
(b) A pleasing countryside.
(c) Faust's study.
(d) The imperial court.
4. What science is Wagner practicing in the laboratory when Mephistopheles comes upon him in Scene 2 of Act II?
(b) Molecular Biology.
5. What is the setting of Scene 3 in Act II?
(a) The temple of Athena.
(b) The plains of Pharsalus.
(c) The main square of Athens.
(d) The setting is not given.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ailment of the Brunette does Mephistopheles cure in Scene 6 of Act I?
2. According to Mephistopheles, what must one possess to receive miracles?
3. Who is the queen of the dead as featured in Act II?
4. What does Mephistopheles give Faust to help him on his journey to conjure Helen and Paris?
5. According to Faust's dream, who is the father of Helen?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)