|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Faust try to dispel Paris in Scene 7 of Act I?
(a) He is bored with Paris.
(b) Mephistopheles instructs him to.
(c) He wants Helen for himself.
(d) He's trying to protect Paris from the men at court.
2. What is the name of the prophetess that Chiron takes Faust to in Act II?
3. Which figure guides the living Colossus in Scene 3 of Act I?
4. What ailment of the Brunette does Mephistopheles cure in Scene 6 of Act I?
(a) A frozen foot.
(b) A sick stomach.
(c) A headache.
(d) A cramped hand.
5. What science is Wagner practicing in the laboratory when Mephistopheles comes upon him in Scene 2 of Act II?
(a) Molecular Biology.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the prophetess instruct Faust to look for Helen in Act iI?
2. What form does the homunculus decide to take at the end of Act II?
3. What happens when the emperor attempts to examine the treasure chest Faust has brought him in Scene 3 of Act I?
4. What instrument accompanies the garden girls in Scene 3 of Act I?
5. What event prompts Anaxagoras to believe he won the philosophical debate in Scene 3 of Act II?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)