|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Faust's dream, who is the mother of Helen?
2. What holiday is the court preparing to celebrate in Act I?
(b) Day of the Kings.
(c) Winter Solstice.
(d) May Day.
3. What is the name of the shape-shifting god of forms, who homunculus is advised to seek out in the end of Scene 3 in Act II?
4. What is the eldest of the fates?
5. What does Wagner believe the sound of the bell accompanying Mephistopheles in Act II signals?
(a) The birth of an idea.
(b) A warning of an approaching evil.
(c) The end of the day.
(d) Good things to come.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first mind that is read by the homunculus?
2. How has Mephistopheles paid people in the empire in Act I?
3. Which group of people does Baccalaureus feel should be shot?
4. Where does the prophetess instruct Faust to look for Helen in Act iI?
5. Who gives the prologue to Scene 3 in Act II?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)