|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives the prologue to Scene 3 in Act II?
(c) The homonculus.
2. Which figure guides the living Colossus in Scene 3 of Act I?
3. What is the name of the prophetess that Chiron takes Faust to in Act II?
4. What is the state of Faust at the end of Act I?
(a) He is content and happily visiting with Mephistopheles.
(b) He is unconscious.
(c) He is asleep.
(d) He has vanished with Paris and Helen.
5. Where does the prophetess instruct Faust to look for Helen in Act iI?
(a) The underworld.
(b) The river Thebes.
(c) The Agean Sea.
(d) Mount Olympus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the homunculus tell Mephistopheles, to encourage him to take Faust to the classical Walpurgis Night?
2. Who is the god of wealth that Faust dresses as in Scene 3 of Act I?
3. What is the opinion of the men of court of Helen?
4. What is the setting of Scene 7 in Act I?
5. Why is Faust desirous to leave the group when the first arrive at Walpurgis Night in Act II?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)