|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday is the court preparing to celebrate in Act I?
(b) Day of the Kings.
(c) Winter Solstice.
(d) May Day.
2. According to the astrologer in Scene 2, what is the fairest star?
3. Who becomes the fool for the emperor in Scene 2 of Act I?
(d) The chancellor.
4. When Faust awakens in Act I, what are his impressions of his surroundings?
(a) He barely notices his surroundings.
(b) He finds the landscape to be paradise.
(c) He finds everything dark and dreary.
(d) He finds the area just the way he remembers it, unchanging.
5. What is the name of the prophetess that Chiron takes Faust to in Act II?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sings a song of rejuvenation to Faust?
2. What does Mephistopheles cure the blonde woman of in Scene 6 of Act I?
3. Which figure guides the living Colossus in Scene 3 of Act I?
4. What is the setting of Scene 4 in Act I?
5. Who gives the prologue to Scene 3 in Act II?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)