|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the prophetess instruct Faust to look for Helen in Act iI?
(a) The river Thebes.
(b) Mount Olympus.
(c) The Agean Sea.
(d) The underworld.
2. Who must Faust go to, in order to conjure Helen and Paris?
(b) The Graces.
(c) The Fates.
(d) The Mothers.
3. Who is the first mind that is read by the homunculus?
4. What ancient mythological figure does the Astrologer compare Faust with in Scene 7 of Act I?
5. Who was an earlier student of Faust that now works as his assistant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument accompanies the gardeners in Scene 3 of Act I?
2. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Paris?
3. What is the setting in the beginning of Act II?
4. What is the eldest of the fates?
5. What is the name of the shape-shifting god of forms, who homunculus is advised to seek out in the end of Scene 3 in Act II?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)