|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which figure guides the living Colossus in Scene 3 of Act I?
2. Who was an earlier student of Faust that now works as his assistant?
3. Which is not a name of the graces mentioned in Scene 3 of Act I?
4. According to the astrologer in Scene 2, what is the fairest star?
5. Who sings a song of rejuvenation to Faust?
(c) Fairies of the field.
(d) The flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of creature is Chiron?
2. Where does Mephistopheles place Faust at the beginning of Act II?
3. What ancient mythological figure does the Astrologer compare Faust with in Scene 7 of Act I?
4. How does the group travel with the homunculus to Walpurgis Night in Scene 2 of Act II?
5. Why is Wagner successful in creating the homunculus in Scene II of Act II?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)