|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the astrologer in Scene 2, what is the fairest star?
2. What event prompts Anaxagoras to believe he won the philosophical debate in Scene 3 of Act II?
(a) The appearance of volcano.
(b) The fall of a meteor, which disrupts the landscape.
(c) The arrival of a flock of birds.
(d) The lunar eclipse that takes place.
3. According to Faust's dream, who is the father of Helen?
4. Where does Mephistopheles place Faust at the beginning of Act II?
(a) Behind a curtain.
(b) Outside under a tree.
(c) In his scholarly robes on his bed.
(d) Under the desk.
5. Why is Wagner successful in creating the homunculus in Scene II of Act II?
(a) He uses a new procedure.
(b) He is not successful in creating the homunculus.
(c) He has several students assisting him.
(d) He is aided by Mephistopheles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument accompanies the gardeners in Scene 3 of Act I?
2. What is the name of the shape-shifting god of forms, who homunculus is advised to seek out in the end of Scene 3 in Act II?
3. Who must Faust go to, in order to conjure Helen and Paris?
4. Where does Faust meet Mephistopheles in Scene 5 of Act I?
5. What two "orders" support the throne, according to the Chancellor in Scene 2 of Act I?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)