|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Helen?
(a) They are indifferent to her.
(b) They try to emulate her.
(c) They are jealous of her.
(d) They adore her.
2. What is the opinion of the men of court of Helen?
(a) They dislike her.
(b) They find her very beautiful.
(c) They are indifferent to her.
(d) They can't see her.
3. What does Mephistopheles give Faust to help him on his journey to conjure Helen and Paris?
(a) A map of the underworld.
(b) A password.
(c) A magical key.
(d) A dark cloak.
4. According to Mephistopheles, what must one possess to receive miracles?
(b) Good Luck.
(d) Divine blessing.
5. What does Wagner believe the sound of the bell accompanying Mephistopheles in Act II signals?
(a) The birth of an idea.
(b) Good things to come.
(c) A warning of an approaching evil.
(d) The end of the day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group of people does Baccalaureus feel should be shot?
2. What instrument accompanies the gardeners in Scene 3 of Act I?
3. What shape does Proteus take to transport the homunculus into the ocean on his back?
4. What ailment of the Brunette does Mephistopheles cure in Scene 6 of Act I?
5. What news does the marshal bring the emperor in the beginning of Scene 4 of Act I?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)