|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Faust desirous to leave the group when the first arrive at Walpurgis Night in Act II?
(a) The homunculus suggests that he goes off on his own.
(b) He is obsessed with finding Helen.
(c) He is upset at Mephistopholes.
(d) He wants to seek out Achilles.
2. Who tells the emperor they are out of wine in Scene 2 of Act I?
(a) The Chancellor.
(b) The Steward.
(c) The Field Marshal.
3. Who must Faust go to, in order to conjure Helen and Paris?
(b) The Fates.
(c) The Mothers.
(d) The Graces.
4. According to the astrologer in Scene 2, what is the fairest star?
5. Where does Mephistopheles place Faust at the beginning of Act II?
(a) Behind a curtain.
(b) In his scholarly robes on his bed.
(c) Outside under a tree.
(d) Under the desk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shape does Proteus take to transport the homunculus into the ocean on his back?
2. Which despicable and noxious creatures does Mephistopheles eventually find as the true embodiment of ugliness in Act II?
3. What does Phoebe's wheels symbolize in Act I, Scene 1?
4. Who gives the prologue to Scene 3 in Act II?
5. What science is Wagner practicing in the laboratory when Mephistopheles comes upon him in Scene 2 of Act II?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)