|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Paris?
(a) They find him beautiful.
(b) They dislike him.
(c) They are jealous of him.
(d) They are indifferent to him.
2. What is the setting of Scene 3 in Act II?
(a) The main square of Athens.
(b) The setting is not given.
(c) The temple of Athena.
(d) The plains of Pharsalus.
3. What is the setting of Scene 4 in Act I?
(a) The countryside.
(b) The cathedral.
(c) The pleasure gardens of the imperial court.
(d) The city center and site of the Carnvial celebration.
4. What is the job of Nereus?
(a) His job is not given in the novel.
(b) He is the guardian of the sea.
(c) He is the protector of ships.
(d) He is the servant of Neptune.
5. Why is Faust desirous to leave the group when the first arrive at Walpurgis Night in Act II?
(a) He is obsessed with finding Helen.
(b) He is upset at Mephistopholes.
(c) The homunculus suggests that he goes off on his own.
(d) He wants to seek out Achilles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Wagner successful in creating the homunculus in Scene II of Act II?
2. According to the astrologer in Scene 2, what is the fairest star?
3. How does the group travel with the homunculus to Walpurgis Night in Scene 2 of Act II?
4. What two "orders" support the throne, according to the Chancellor in Scene 2 of Act I?
5. What is the name of the prophetess that Chiron takes Faust to in Act II?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)