|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Faust try to dispel Paris in Scene 7 of Act I?
(a) He wants Helen for himself.
(b) He is bored with Paris.
(c) Mephistopheles instructs him to.
(d) He's trying to protect Paris from the men at court.
2. What is the state of Faust at the end of Act I?
(a) He is asleep.
(b) He has vanished with Paris and Helen.
(c) He is content and happily visiting with Mephistopheles.
(d) He is unconscious.
3. How does the homunculus appear in the beginning of Scene 3 of Act II?
(a) As a light in a bottle.
(b) As the reflection on a mirror.
(c) As a slightly darkened cloud.
(d) As water.
4. Who sings a song of rejuvenation to Faust?
(a) Fairies of the field.
(c) The flowers.
5. What does Mephistopheles give Faust to help him on his journey to conjure Helen and Paris?
(a) A magical key.
(b) A password.
(c) A map of the underworld.
(d) A dark cloak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday is the court preparing to celebrate in Act I?
2. What news does the marshal bring the emperor in the beginning of Scene 4 of Act I?
3. How does the group travel with the homunculus to Walpurgis Night in Scene 2 of Act II?
4. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Helen?
5. What is the name of the shape-shifting god of forms, who homunculus is advised to seek out in the end of Scene 3 in Act II?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)