|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What science is Wagner practicing in the laboratory when Mephistopheles comes upon him in Scene 2 of Act II?
(a) Molecular Biology.
2. Why is Faust desirous to leave the group when the first arrive at Walpurgis Night in Act II?
(a) He wants to seek out Achilles.
(b) The homunculus suggests that he goes off on his own.
(c) He is upset at Mephistopholes.
(d) He is obsessed with finding Helen.
3. What holiday is the court preparing to celebrate in Act I?
(a) May Day.
(c) Day of the Kings.
(d) Winter Solstice.
4. What reason does the homunculus tell Mephistopheles, to encourage him to take Faust to the classical Walpurgis Night?
(a) The homunculus believes it will be amusing.
(b) Otherwise Faust will die.
(c) It is the only way for Mephistopheles to understand Faust.
(d) He does not give a reason, but simply demands they go.
5. What ancient mythological figure does the Astrologer compare Faust with in Scene 7 of Act I?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who responds to Mephistopheles ringing the bell in Act II?
2. What type of creature is Chiron?
3. What event prompts Anaxagoras to believe he won the philosophical debate in Scene 3 of Act II?
4. What instrument accompanies the garden girls in Scene 3 of Act I?
5. Who is specifically told to remain behind in his study rather than travel with the homunculus to Walpurgis Night?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)