|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the eldest of the fates?
2. What is the setting in the beginning of Act II?
(a) The imperial court.
(b) Faust's study.
(c) A pleasing countryside.
(d) Ancient Greece.
3. Why is Wagner successful in creating the homunculus in Scene II of Act II?
(a) He is aided by Mephistopheles.
(b) He has several students assisting him.
(c) He is not successful in creating the homunculus.
(d) He uses a new procedure.
4. What two "orders" support the throne, according to the Chancellor in Scene 2 of Act I?
(a) The advisors and the soldiers.
(b) The common people and the clergy.
(c) The clergy and the knights.
(d) The soldiers and the clergy.
5. What is the setting of Scene 4 in Act I?
(a) The pleasure gardens of the imperial court.
(b) The city center and site of the Carnvial celebration.
(c) The countryside.
(d) The cathedral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mephistopheles introduce himself as to the Sphinxes and sirens?
2. Who is the queen of the dead as featured in Act II?
3. What instrument accompanies the gardeners in Scene 3 of Act I?
4. What ancient mythological figure does the Astrologer compare Faust with in Scene 7 of Act I?
5. What is the job of Nereus?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)