|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who must Faust go to, in order to conjure Helen and Paris?
(a) The Fates.
(b) The Graces.
(c) The Mothers.
2. Why is Faust desirous to leave the group when the first arrive at Walpurgis Night in Act II?
(a) The homunculus suggests that he goes off on his own.
(b) He is upset at Mephistopholes.
(c) He wants to seek out Achilles.
(d) He is obsessed with finding Helen.
3. What does Wagner believe the sound of the bell accompanying Mephistopheles in Act II signals?
(a) A warning of an approaching evil.
(b) The birth of an idea.
(c) The end of the day.
(d) Good things to come.
4. According to Faust's dream, who is the father of Helen?
5. What are the names of the two philosophers that the homunculus comes upon in Scene 3 of Act II?
(a) Socrates and Plato.
(b) Anaxagoras and Thales.
(c) Heraclitus and Thales.
(d) Anaxagoras and Xenophanes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Helen?
2. How has Mephistopheles paid people in the empire in Act I?
3. Which group of people does Baccalaureus feel should be shot?
4. Who becomes the fool for the emperor in Scene 2 of Act I?
5. Why has the emperor requested Faust to conjure Helen and Paris?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)