|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ailment of the Brunette does Mephistopheles cure in Scene 6 of Act I?
(a) A sick stomach.
(b) A cramped hand.
(c) A headache.
(d) A frozen foot.
2. How does the homunculus appear in the beginning of Scene 3 of Act II?
(a) As the reflection on a mirror.
(b) As a slightly darkened cloud.
(c) As a light in a bottle.
(d) As water.
3. What holiday is the court preparing to celebrate in Act I?
(a) May Day.
(b) Day of the Kings.
(c) Winter Solstice.
4. What is the setting of Scene 4 in Act I?
(a) The city center and site of the Carnvial celebration.
(b) The pleasure gardens of the imperial court.
(c) The cathedral.
(d) The countryside.
5. What reason does the homunculus tell Mephistopheles, to encourage him to take Faust to the classical Walpurgis Night?
(a) He does not give a reason, but simply demands they go.
(b) It is the only way for Mephistopheles to understand Faust.
(c) The homunculus believes it will be amusing.
(d) Otherwise Faust will die.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Faust awakens in Act I, what are his impressions of his surroundings?
2. Who becomes the fool for the emperor in Scene 2 of Act I?
3. Who tells the emperor they are out of wine in Scene 2 of Act I?
4. What are the female vampires called who Mephistopheles meets in Act II?
5. How has Mephistopheles paid people in the empire in Act I?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)