|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the prophetess instruct Faust to look for Helen in Act iI?
(a) The underworld.
(b) Mount Olympus.
(c) The Agean Sea.
(d) The river Thebes.
2. Where does Faust meet Mephistopheles in Scene 5 of Act I?
(a) In the busy grand dining hall.
(b) By the fountains in the gardens of the emperor.
(c) A dark corridor in the palace.
(d) In a meadow.
3. Who was an earlier student of Faust that now works as his assistant?
4. Why is Wagner successful in creating the homunculus in Scene II of Act II?
(a) He is not successful in creating the homunculus.
(b) He is aided by Mephistopheles.
(c) He has several students assisting him.
(d) He uses a new procedure.
5. What science is Wagner practicing in the laboratory when Mephistopheles comes upon him in Scene 2 of Act II?
(a) Molecular Biology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mephistopheles cure the blonde woman of in Scene 6 of Act I?
2. What is the name of the shape-shifting god of forms, who homunculus is advised to seek out in the end of Scene 3 in Act II?
3. According to Faust's dream, who is the father of Helen?
4. Who is the queen of the dead as featured in Act II?
5. What are the female vampires called who Mephistopheles meets in Act II?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)